PDA

View Full Version : Has the time come that the Steelers break their own mold?

Stone
09-29-2014, 08:37 AM
I have always loved the way the Steelers worked their way into the model franchise for a host of reason after being the doormat of the NFL for decades. I have always believed that no matter what I thought, they guys who get paid know better than I did. But I am sick of Tomlins wild west, lack of discipline, prescious inmate mentality and now that he has shown his true self by playing the race card I am ready to see him go!

But?

What will we as Steeler fans do is the Steelers fire him after only 8 years? We just rebuilt the team, we have a good mix of solid young talent and veteran experience along with some potential HOF young studs; so how does a new coach come in and still capitalize on that mix?

What do you want to see?

ChucktownSteeler
09-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Very good point. Have we become drunk to the fact "We have only had 3 HCs since 1969" and can't see the forest because of the trees? I doubt any change is in the works, but I think another year or so of this crap and you may see one.

I am all for Old Man Dick retiring at the end of the year and Haley and the special teams coach be given their walking papers.

Stone
09-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Very good point. Have we become drunk to the fact "We have only had 3 HCs since 1969" and can't see the forest because of the trees? I doubt any change is in the works, but I think another year or so of this crap and you may see one.

I am all for Old Man Dick retiring at the end of the year and Haley and the special teams coach be given their walking papers.

My only concern with a wholesale house cleaning is the difficulty in finding an elite QB after the new system is in place, Ben is retired and the young super stars are in the twilight of their career.

steelchamp204
09-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Id like to see Ben actually have a 6'5 receiver who is not a ****ing project and a playmaking corner.

Vincent
09-29-2014, 02:42 PM
Id like to see Ben actually have a 6'5 receiver who is not a ****ing project and a playmaking corner.

Why wasn't Martavis Bryant suited up yesterday ? Might have been nice to have his 6'5" frame in there when we were in the red zone. Might have been nice to throw a nice high pass to him instead of bouncing one off Justin Brown's chest.

Stone
09-29-2014, 06:17 PM

I'd like steak and lobster for dinner.

ChucktownSteeler
09-29-2014, 06:20 PM
More to it than being tall. Limas Sweed was tall.

The past 2 seasons the #1 pick has been used on defense, albeit mxed results to date. You could argue we should have taken Dennard, but hindsight is always 20-20. There will come a time when top picks will need to be invested for the offensive side of the ball (LT and TE, to mention a few).

How is this defense to improve?