PDA

View Full Version : Why the NFL can't institute a zero tolerance policy

Stone
09-16-2014, 06:32 AM
Right now domestic violence and child abuse are in the spotlight and people are calling for a zero tolerance policy but what if the NFL actually instituted a zero tolerance policy for domestic violence and child abuse? Then what do they do about DUI, marijuana, HGH, PED's, etc.? So let's say they find a way to walk the fine line and they institute a zero tolerance policy for this and a tight tolerance policy for that. Then how far do they go back to enforce the incidents which were previously covered up or swept under the carpet because the NFL got to them in time, or they didn't involve high profile players? I am willing to bet your annual income that for every case we know about, there are exactly one ****-ton of cases which were kept quiet.

So let's assume that the NFL figures out how to walk the fine line of a mixed tolerance policy, and figures out how to handle the damage control when it becomes known that they covered up and swept countless case under the carpet. How do they handle the effects on the salary cap when they let a dozen players go from every team? This is based on the 53 man roster plus the practice squad.....I don't want to intimate that the NFL is a haven for thugs and miscreants.....God forbid!

So let's assume the NFL figures out how to walk the fine line of a mixed tolerance policy, figures out how to handle the damage control of their image, and figures out how to restructure the salary cap. How do they handle the mass exodus of sponsors that has occurred during this house cleaning process? They will no longer be a ten billion dollar enterprise.

So let's assume the NFL figures out how to walk the fine line of a mixed tolerance policy, figures out how to handle the damage control of their image, figures out how to restructure the salary cap, and restructures the financial foundation of the NFL. Owners and cities will go back to fighting over who pays for the stadiums and the concessions because the owners no longer make the money to build the next Jerry world.

So let's assume the NFL figures out how to walk the fine line of a mixed tolerance policy, figures out how to handle the damage control of their image, figures out how to restructure the salary cap, restructures the financial foundation of the NFL, and renegotiates with cities to go back to shared stadiums. What happens to college football when the NFL has cleaned up their act and now the spotlight turns to college football, the breeding ground for the NFL's former extreme tolerance practices?

So let's assume the NFL figures out how to walk the fine line of a mixed tolerance policy, figures out how to handle the damage control of their image, figures out how to restructure the salary cap, restructures the financial foundation of the NFL, renegotiates with cities to go back to shared stadiums, and college football follows suit in a similarly complicated process, what are we left with? How far does it reach? Does it effect high schools financially? What does it do to the game we love? Does it bring it back to football or are the younger generation so spoiled that they want to see the former product and give up on the NFL and college football as a source of entertainment?

I, for one, would love to see all of the above happen and hope and pray that "football" makes it back before I die because what we watch now is a gladiator mentality spin off of football; who cares about the gladiators and their families, as long as they perform for us on Sunday!

I would say "rant off" but I doubt if this will be the last of it:2guns:

K Train
09-16-2014, 09:18 AM
Zero tolerence anything is stupid

Stone
09-16-2014, 10:13 AM

True..... and while the issue of zero tolerance by the NFL was rhetorical, the thread was designed to show the complete disaster the NFL has created for itself. So bad that the only course of action is to stay the current course and bank their billions while we all complain.

LatrobePA
09-16-2014, 01:27 PM

Tell that to my customers... LOL

chisteeler
09-16-2014, 02:57 PM
The moral fiber of society has been taking quite a hit the past decade or two. Zero tolerance in the work place via public or private sector only encourages more PC laws and rules. It is a sad shame, but it is really a simple case of positive parenting and common sense. JMO.

greg1964
09-17-2014, 12:32 PM
If we (sorry you) are going to demand "Zero Tolerance" for the NFL, why not have it for all. John 8:7

Stone
09-17-2014, 01:55 PM
If we (sorry you) are going to demand "Zero Tolerance" for the NFL, why not have it for all. John 8:7

Who?