PDA

View Full Version : On the field tonight. How much of this carries over?

Stone
09-11-2014, 07:48 AM
I'd rather talk about the game than the cluster****:

It's hard to guess what we may see tonight on the field as a result of the RR mess.

Will this put a knot in the pit of the Ravens stomach and allow the Steelers to overwhelm them?

Will this create an insurmountable resolve in the Ravens players which would make them unbeatable?

Will it fade away after the first series? (This is my hope)

What do you want to see?

FlatsSteeler
09-11-2014, 08:27 AM
It will have nothing to do with the game tonight........It's our Laundry vs Baltimore Laundry......the Laundry that plays better comes out ahead.......All this other bullshit is just media contrived......If goodell had any integrity he would step down and put this **** to rest......

coldrolled
09-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Flacco passed 62 times sunday. he probably will again tonight.. can we stop him... that is the defenses game..
Do we keep Flacco off the field so he cant pass 62 times. that is our offensive quest.

K Train
09-11-2014, 09:08 AM
I think this story will bog them down a little bit, but its still steelers week for them. They need to pressure flacco and I beleieve they will

LatrobePA
09-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Ravens will be ready I feel. They're going to go up tempo, hurry up on offense trying to get Fucco into a groove. We have to pressure this ********** early and often!

Stone
09-11-2014, 09:57 AM
I'm surprised by the general impetus being placed on Flaccos shoulders. IMHO he is an above average QB physically who is brought down to average at best by his decision making and handling of the game. But it's fact that if we don't pressure him, we will make him look good.

Real Deal Steel
09-11-2014, 10:04 AM
I think this story will bog them down a little bit, but its still steelers week for them. They need to pressure flacco and I beleieve they will

I think the Ravens have been distracted big time. I'm expecting them to not be on their "A" game. Atleast not right away. So we need to jump on them and get at least a 10 point lead early on them.

But first and foremost we have to play better against the run and force Joe Fakko to throw a lot because he throws interceptions big time to us. Especially Troy.

K Train
09-11-2014, 10:07 AM
I'm surprised by the general impetus being placed on Flaccos shoulders. IMHO he is an above average QB physically who is brought down to average at best by his decision making and handling of the game. But it's fact that if we don't pressure him, we will make him look good.

I think he will have his hands full with the defense. hes a QB who you can blitz and hes not going to make you pay too often. They need to unleash Shazier after him, who will not let him get enough time to throw bombs to smith squared.

Steve smith had a good game last week based on one busted coverage, but he really didnt look like he had much left in the tank for most of the game, not like the steve smith of recent past at least.

Run defense should bounce back against bernard ****ing pierce lol

Stone
09-11-2014, 10:11 AM
I think the Ravens have been distracted big time. I'm expecting them to not be on their "A" game. Atleast not right away. So we need to jump on them and get at least a 10 point lead early on them.

But first and foremost we have to play better against the run and force Joe Fakko to throw a lot because he throws interceptions big time to us. Especially Troy.

This one time at band camp.......

I am afraid this will solidify the players on the field. When I was senior, we had a looming teacher strike which would rob us of our title game for our conference and it made everyone sick.......until the night of our final game where it motivated us to play harder than ever before.

steelchamp204
09-11-2014, 10:11 AM
I believe the Ravens Oline is vulnerable, I expect 3 sacks at least on him.

Real Deal Steel
09-11-2014, 10:56 AM
If the Ravens O-lne is vulnerable, I'd love to introduce Shazier to Fakko. Up close and personal like. :lol:

steelchamp204
09-11-2014, 11:12 AM
nobody giving the Steelers a shot again, saying the Ravens are a level above the Steelers and make their defense as if they are the 2001 Ravens again.

LatrobePA
09-11-2014, 11:31 AM
nobody giving the Steelers a shot again, saying the Ravens are a level above the Steelers and make their defense as if they are the 2001 Ravens again.

Good... I hope the Steelers are fired up!

Stone
09-11-2014, 11:37 AM

I'm curious who the hell uttered that!

TarlsQtr
09-11-2014, 11:47 AM

A majority of the CBS writers predict the Steelers will win. The Steelers are also higher in many "Power Rankings" and moved up in the Vegas odds after last week. I give no credence to the first two but a lot of people think we will win tonight.

K Train
09-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Ravens are favored by less than a field goal......that is not "nobody giving the steelers a chance" lol

SuperSteelers
09-11-2014, 12:01 PM
a lot of people think we will win tonight.

Not a good sign when the majority of writers/public believes the Steelers will win tonight. My wallet learned a long time ago not to go with the crowd. My heart wants the Steelers to win, but my gut is telling me that the Ravens will cover that -2.5 point spread tonight.

K Train
09-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Not a good sign when the majority of writers/public believes the Steelers will win tonight. My wallet learned a long time ago not to go with the crowd. My heart wants the Steelers to win, but my gut is telling me that the Ravens will cover that -2.5 point spread tonight.

These games are always decided by a FG with a random 35 point blowout every once in a while.

Please let this be a blowout lol

Real Deal Steel
09-11-2014, 12:06 PM
A blowout in our favor. You forgot to say that part.

coldrolled
09-11-2014, 12:27 PM

Steelers vs. Ravens

Since John Harbaugh took over as Baltimore's head coach in 2008, Ben Roethlisberger has struggled completing deep passes against the Ravens. Big Ben is just 6 for 27 with 1 TD and 1 INT on passes of 20-plus yards downfield. Eight-time Pro Bowl selection Troy Polamalu has never intercepted a pass against the Ravens in 18 regular season games. Polamalu did return an interception 40 yards for a touchdown in the 2008 AFC Championship Game. That is his only interception vs. Baltimore in 20 games (18 regular season and 2 postseason games).

K Train
09-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Brown has struggled against them too, i think that changes tonight. He looked possessed last week

TarlsQtr
09-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Steelers vs. Ravens

Since John Harbaugh took over as Baltimore's head coach in 2008, Ben Roethlisberger has struggled completing deep passes against the Ravens. Big Ben is just 6 for 27 with 1 TD and 1 INT on passes of 20-plus yards downfield. Eight-time Pro Bowl selection Troy Polamalu has never intercepted a pass against the Ravens in 18 regular season games. Polamalu did return an interception 40 yards for a touchdown in the 2008 AFC Championship Game. That is his only interception vs. Baltimore in 20 games (18 regular season and 2 postseason games).

And Flacco has only thrown 5 INTs in the regular season against us in his career and something like only 1 in his last 6 games.

LatrobePA
09-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Need 50 to be the xfactor tonight!

Clevelandsux
09-11-2014, 03:46 PM
My concern is our defense. If Brian hoyer can throw all over us, certainly flacco can. I'm hoping lebeau has made adjustments and will be prepared better this time. I haven't cared much for our run defense. Factor no ray rice is huge. But two rookie no name running backs ran on us last week.

K Train
09-11-2014, 04:06 PM
My concern is our defense. If Brian hoyer can throw all over us, certainly flacco can. I'm hoping lebeau has made adjustments and will be prepared better this time. I haven't cared much for our run defense. Factor no ray rice is huge. But two rookie no name running backs ran on us last week.
Hoyer rallied, but i wouldnt say 230 yards and TD is "throwing all over us"

Ill give you they ran all over them in the second half....but he wasnt lighting up the skies

Stone
09-11-2014, 04:40 PM
And Flacco has only thrown 5 INTs in the regular season against us in his career and something like only 1 in his last 6 games.

Which means he is waaaaay overdue!