PDA

View Full Version : Cowher returning to the NFL.....

DIESELMAN
02-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher is returning to the NFL -- as an analyst on CBS' Sunday The NFL Today studio show.

Cowher resigned as the Steelers' coach last month following 15 seasons, and less than a year after winning the Super Bowl. He said he wants to spend more time with his family in Raleigh, N.C., but that working on the CBS show will allow him to keep his ties to the league.

Cowher, speaking on a conference call Thursday, did not rule out a return to coaching but said, "I'm planning on doing this for a couple of years."

Cowher also said he won't have problems critiquing his former team, saying it would be no different than doing so from the Steelers' sideline.

CBS will add Cowher to the show without any of the other analysts leaving -- Dan Marino, Shannon Sharpe and Boomer Esiason will return, as will host James Brown and former NFL general manager Charlie Casserly.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Cowher better watch himself. He's dancing a fine line hear of what he said he was going to do and what he's starting to do.

I hope he does well and enjoys his stint as an analyst, but he won't do this for more than a year or 2 at the most before the coaching bug calls him again, IMO.

I hope CBS has their squeegee's and mops ready for the spit fest :lol:

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-15-2007, 04:05 PM
They are keeping Shannon Sharpe? :wtf:

Ambridge
02-15-2007, 05:16 PM
I hope the production meetings for the studio show don't keep Bill away from home and his family too much.

SteelerFan87
02-15-2007, 06:14 PM
I want to see Cowher own Sharpe and Boomer.

Troyisabeast_43
02-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Cowher is proving what a liar and a damn phony he is by accepting this job as an analyst in the studio. I guess the commute from Raleigh to New York every weekend wont bother his family that much. The whole thing with Cowher wanting to be there with his girls and his family is all a bunch of ****. He said by taking this job it will allow him to keep ties to the NFL?? Gee I wonder why he would want to do that hmmm?? Could it be cause he is coming back to coach ummm lets say next year in 2008. Cowher and his wife and family said Oh I wanna be able to go out sometime and not get bothered all the time, yet in turn Cowher cant keep his *** off tv. This really makes Cowher look like a liar and a total hyprocrite. I wish from now on Cowher and his stuck up wife and kids would just shut up and appreciate the situation they are in and realize how privileged they truly are. This thing with Cowher just makes me sick.

TEEMONT
02-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Cowher is proving what a liar and a damn phony he is by accepting this job as an analyst in the studio. I guess the commute from Raleigh to New York every weekend wont bother his family that much. The whole thing with Cowher wanting to be there with his girls and his family is all a bunch of ****. He said by taking this job it will allow him to keep ties to the NFL?? Gee I wonder why he would want to do that hmmm?? Could it be cause he is coming back to coach ummm lets say next year in 2008. Cowher and his wife and family said Oh I wanna be able to go out sometime and not get bothered all the time, yet in turn Cowher cant keep his *** off tv. This really makes Cowher look like a liar and a total hyprocrite. I wish from now on Cowher and his stuck up wife and kids would just shut up and appreciate the situation they are in and realize how privileged they truly are. This thing with Cowher just makes me sick.

Come on, the man has been living with his wife and daughter for a little over a month now, don't you think he is going crazy already? He said he wasn't "planning" on doing anything for two years. Plans change people make up their mind. I see nothing wrong with this, and I am actually looking forward to seeing him on CBS. It would have been cooler for him to go to NBC with the Bus, but oh well.

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-15-2007, 06:44 PM
He is only working one day a week maybe two. Besides cowher has a mortage to pay off. :lol:

Troyisabeast_43
02-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Yeah it just proves more and more that he left the Steelers because the Rooney's wouldnt pay him the contract that he wanted more so Art then Dan. There is no doubt with the way they both acted at Cowher's retirement press conference that Bill Cowher and Art Rooney are not very close. He left because the Rooney's wouldnt pay him the big money. He didnt leave because he wanted to spend all this time with his family and all this other crap. It just irritates me because of the half *** way Cowher handled things this past season with the whole retirement distraction thing, and the way the team played most of the season, which did have a huge effect on the way the team played from training camp on last year. Plus you hear Cowher give this big speech about wanting to spend all his time at home with his family and do nothing football related and here you have it not even 6 weeks later the guy takes a damn job at CBS. It just proves that Cowher is a liar, and that he has every intention of getting back into coaching in the 2008 season.

TEEMONT
02-15-2007, 06:52 PM
why do you care? You have two choices......A. **** and moan B. Get over it

Most of us already chose B.

Troyisabeast_43
02-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Yea my choice is I dont like Bill Cowher as a coach,as a person and just period. The guy won a Super Bowl because of Ben Roethlisberger and Ken Whisenthunt. Up until then the guy failed this city for 14 straight years trying to win the big one by losing 4 AFC Championship games at home. The Stars just happened to align for him in 2005 with Bettis and everything else. Cowher is a good coach he had success here and won but a great coach he will never be. He cant hold guys like Chuck Noll and Bill Belichick's jock strap. I wanna see him go to Cleveland or the Giants in 2008 and see if he has the same success there as he did here. I guarantee he wont and he will be exposed for the mediocre coach that he really is.

TEEMONT
02-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Wow dude, you are really sad about this.....

BBG7
02-15-2007, 07:25 PM
I looked and didn't see this posted yet

Former Steelers coach Cowher joins CBS

NFL.com wire reports

PITTSBURGH (Feb. 15, 2007) -- Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher is returning to the NFL -- as an analyst on CBS' Sunday <i>The NFL Today</i> studio show.

Cowher resigned as the Steelers' coach in January following 15 seasons, and less than a year after winning the Super Bowl. He plans to spend more time with his family at their new home in Raleigh, N.C., but said working on the CBS show allows him to keep his ties to the league.

"I can still be part of it but not have it consume your life," Cowher said, speaking on a conference call.

Cowher sent mixed signals as to how long he plans to stay away from coaching.

Initially, he said, "It's an opportunity to stay busy on Sundays and it may go beyond this year." Later in the call, he said, "I'm planning on doing this for a couple of years."

However, he would not officially commit to appearing beyond one season, saying, "It's an opportunity to remain a part of the NFL, and it may go a lot longer than that."

Cowher doesn't expect to have any problems critiquing or criticizing his former team, saying it would be no different from doing so along the sideline.

"I'd be doing it if I were coaching," he said. "Willie Parker is a good running back but if (he fumbles), he knows he would be standing next to me on the sideline."

Some coaches have found it difficult to criticize former colleagues and players once they became broadcasters, but Cowher said he plans only to give his opinion without being judgmental.

"I'll just be giving an opinion," he said. "I'll just be saying that I would have done."

CBS is adding Cowher to the show without any of the other analysts leaving -- Dan Marino, Shannon Sharpe and Boomer Esiason will return, as will host James Brown and former NFL general manager Charlie Casserly.

"It will be like a bye week every week," Cowher said of working Sundays in a studio rather than in a stadium. He will commute each weekend from Raleigh to New York.

As the NFL's most desirable coaching free agent, Cowher understands he will be subjected to season-long rumors tying him to this job or that job. He has insisted that money wasn't an issue in him leaving the Steelers, but it is believed to have played a major role.

It is likely he could land an offer in the $8 million a year range or more should he want to get back into coaching next year, or about twice as much as he was making in Pittsburgh. He is expected to attract considerable interest because he remains relatively young for an NFL head coach - he doesn't turn 50 until May.

"But I didn't get out of it to get back into it," Cowher said. "This is my next challenge and I'm planning to work hard at it."

Once Cowher left the Steelers on Jan. 5, his agents contacted the networks that carry NFL games to gauge their interest in hiring him. Cowher felt it was a natural transition to sign with CBS, which carries AFC games, and he had a tryout of sorts with the network during its Super Bowl telecast on Feb. 4.

Cowher's hiring creates the possibility that he and former Steelers running back Jerome Bettis, who was close to Cowher as a player, will offer differing opinions on different networks.

Bettis works for NBC, and on his first telecast last summer said he was convinced Cowher would leave Pittsburgh after the season ended -- a prediction that proved accurate.

Cowher also said he is disappointed with the San Diego Chargers' firing of coach Marty Schottenheimer, his friend and mentor. Cowher was Schottenheimer's defensive coordinator in Kansas City before his 1992 hiring by Pittsburgh.

"It was unfortunate ... the timing (was bad) for both parties because all the other jobs are filled and Marty won't have the opportunity to coach next year," Cowher said. "But it does mean I've gained a golfing partner this spring."

Cowher's 161-99-1 record ranked him fourth among active coaches last season in career wins. He won a Super Bowl in February 2006 after six trips to the AFC championship game and 10 playoff appearances with the Steelers. They missed the playoffs after going 8-8 in his final season with them.

Koopa
02-15-2007, 07:34 PM
damn i was about to post it in the nfl section, he is no longer a steeler and doesn't deserve to be in this section anymore :lol:

DIESELMAN
02-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Its already in the NFL section.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4069

Koopa
02-15-2007, 08:02 PM
being an anaylst doesn't demand nothing on you except....... you only meet once a week for the show, all the pre stuff is done in the morning before the show.............i don't wake up early enough to watch these preshows, so **** cowher and cbs

Koopa
02-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Yea my choice is I dont like Bill Cowher as a coach,as a person and just period. The guy won a Super Bowl because of Ben Roethlisberger and Ken Whisenthunt. Up until then the guy failed this city for 14 straight years trying to win the big one by losing 4 AFC Championship games at home. The Stars just happened to align for him in 2005 with Bettis and everything else. Cowher is a good coach he had success here and won but a great coach he will never be. He cant hold guys like Chuck Noll and Bill Belichick's jock strap. I wanna see him go to Cleveland or the Giants in 2008 and see if he has the same success there as he did here. I guarantee he wont and he will be exposed for the mediocre coach that he really is.

wow, i love your hate for cowher, it is a beautiful thing to read lol......keep it up lol

AZ_Steeler
02-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Awesome! Now we can put to rest all the talks about this this team wants to talk to Cowher and that team wants to talk to Cowher because I wasn't getting sick of it! I think he'll do a decent job but not too many coaches can go from being a coach to analyst and back to being a coach!

House of Steel
02-15-2007, 08:55 PM
I am excited to watch the NFL Today now. I can't wait til he starts spitting in the faces of the homeboys Boomer and Donkey Lips. Damn this is going to be fun to watch. I wonder if we will see the Chin go out if they **** him off good enough?

TampaSteelGirl
02-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Yeah it just proves more and more that he left the Steelers because the Rooney's wouldnt pay him the contract that he wanted more so Art then Dan. There is no doubt with the way they both acted at Cowher's retirement press conference that Bill Cowher and Art Rooney are not very close. He left because the Rooney's wouldnt pay him the big money. He didnt leave because he wanted to spend all this time with his family and all this other crap. It just irritates me because of the half *** way Cowher handled things this past season with the whole retirement distraction thing, and the way the team played most of the season, which did have a huge effect on the way the team played from training camp on last year. Plus you hear Cowher give this big speech about wanting to spend all his time at home with his family and do nothing football related and here you have it not even 6 weeks later the guy takes a damn job at CBS. It just proves that Cowher is a liar, and that he has every intention of getting back into coaching in the 2008 season.

But do you really blame the man after 15yrs of service and a Super Bowl win to be one of the lowest paid coaches in the NFL? I think he deserved some money! Everyone else was getting it. I didn't think it was about the money but I think it was and now I don't blame him. I hope he does well at CBS and I wish him the best. :tt02:

Koopa
02-15-2007, 09:14 PM
this thread should be in the nfl section, cowher no longer reps the black and gold, he doesn't deserve to have a thread in this section anymore

DIESELMAN
02-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Truthfully, I don't care what Cowher does even if he went back to coach another team this year. He gave the Steelers 15 years of his life and I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does. I truly believe we will have better fortune with Tomlin.

floodcitygirl
02-15-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm glad to know that he'll still be involved in the game....and I'm glad NOT to be looking at him on an opposing sideline!

TampaSteelGirl
02-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Awww now that's not nice Koop! I hate seeing all this bitterness about Cowher.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-15-2007, 09:21 PM

Ok you make the point Cowher won a Super Bowl thanks to Big Ben and Whisenhunt. But you can argue Cowher lost a Super Bowl thanks to Neil O'Donnell.:bluelol: Now don't get me wrong the Steelers did have alot of let downs in the Bill Cowher era. But totally blaming him isn't fair. Just look at his QB's in those AFC title game losses.

O'Donnell in 94 to the Chargers.

Then of course O'Donnell in Super Bowl XXX.

Then in 97 and 01 it was Kordell Stewart. Also the special teams gave up two TD's in the 2001 AFC title game vs the Pats. That and along with the usual Kordell stinker in the play-offs led to the Steelers defeat.

Then the 2004 AFC title game. Big Ben was a rookie.

I agree Cowher deserves some blame for all these let downs. But look at his QB's. I would like to Belichick win Super Bowl with the likes of Neil O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart.

TEEMONT
02-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Ok you make the point Cowher won a Super Bowl thanks to Big Ben and Whisenhunt. But you can argue Cowher lost a Super Bowl thanks to Neil O'Donnell.:bluelol: Now don't get me wrong the Steelers did have alot of let downs in the Bill Cowher era. But totally blaming him isn't fair. Just look at his QB's in those AFC title game losses.

O'Donnell in 94 to the Chargers.

Then of course O'Donnell in Super Bowl XXX.

Then in 97 and 01 it was Kordell Stewart. Also the special teams gave up two TD's in the 2001 AFC title game vs the Pats. That and along with the usual Kordell stinker in the play-offs led to the Steelers defeat.

Then the 2004 AFC title game. Big Ben was a rookie.

I agree Cowher deserves some blame for all these let downs. But look at his QB's. I would like to Belichick win Super Bowl with the likes of Neil O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart.
:iagree:

Don't hate just to hate troy......

At least in my hating of Ben, I have a little bit of stuff to back it up.

Koopa
02-15-2007, 09:33 PM
:iagree:

Don't hate just to hate troy......

At least in my hating of Ben, I have a little bit of stuff to back it up.

there is plenty of stuff to back up the hate on cowher, he got out coached a lot, he played to damn conservative in big games, sure he had some **** *** players, but his coaching blew a lot of chances to win because he was always afraid to open it up in big games, and his sit on the ball bs never worked........

he was all fine and dandy in the regular season, but **** the regular season it don't mean **** if you can't win when it matters, and cowher couldn't one out of million tries is not a success

TampaSteelGirl
02-15-2007, 09:36 PM
He's gonna be a HOF coach, to me that speaks volumes!

Koopa
02-15-2007, 09:39 PM
He's gonna be a HOF coach, to me that speaks volumes!

but that's because of his longivity with the steelers (which doesn't say to much on him, just that the rooney's give their coaches lots of chances) and because what he did in the regular season.....if they based it off his playoff history he would not be making it

BlitzburghRockCity
02-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Cowher's all time record is enough to get him a HOF bid when he is eligible, that much is clear. Combine that with all the playoff appearances and 2 SB appearances and whether you like the guy or not, he's going to have his bust in Canton some day.

I wish him well and I hope he enjoys his life no matter what he does. He did alot for us over his years. He doesnt deserve all the blame for losses nor does he deserve all the credit for the wins either but he's the HC and he did a good job with us for a very long time.

Koopa
02-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Cowher's all time record is enough to get him a HOF bid when he is eligible, that much is clear. Combine that with all the playoff appearances and 2 SB appearances and whether you like the guy or not, he's going to have his bust in Canton some day.

I wish him well and I hope he enjoys his life no matter what he does. He did alot for us over his years. He doesnt deserve all the blame for losses nor does he deserve all the credit for the wins either but he's the HC and he did a good job with us for a very long time.

i know he's going to the hall of fame, but i know it's not based on his playoff record though, it's solely based on the fact that the rooney's allowed him to stay long and his regular season record

if he would've retired right after the superbowl i wouldn't talk so much ****, but the fact that he stayed even though he knew long before the season had started that he didn't want to be there is what pissed me off........but i guess it will work out in the end..........tomlin will do great here

BlitzburghRockCity
02-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Most of us would agree that BC should have hung it up after the super bowl. Still though his legacy is set, we're moving on without him. On to new heights and more championships ! :tt02:

TEEMONT
02-15-2007, 10:01 PM
but that's because of his longivity with the steelers (which doesn't say to much on him, just that the rooney's give their coaches lots of chances) and because what he did in the regular season.....if they based it off his playoff history he would not be making it

Yup, b/c all you have to do is coach one team for 15 years to get into Canton.

I can't wait to see you get off of Tomlin's jock, when he has one bad season.

TampaSteelGirl
02-15-2007, 10:03 PM

I totally agree with you TG!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-15-2007, 10:03 PM
See, Im not the only one who thinks your in his hip pocket koopa :lol: :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
02-15-2007, 10:04 PM
See, Im not the only one who thinks your in his hip pocket koopa :lol: :lol:

hahahaha! Koop is fulla poop!! :hilarious:

BBG7
02-15-2007, 10:41 PM
I wish Cowher nothing but the best...but now as far as the Steelers...this is Tomlin's team.

Iron City South
02-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Cowher stole paychecks from the Rooney's this past year .... so if he ever claims the Rooney's are cheap, he needs to look no further than the year he emotionally "checked out" and collected money for nothing and realize it was a gift.

tony hipchest
02-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Yeah it just proves more and more that he left the Steelers because the Rooney's wouldnt pay him the contract that he wanted more so Art then Dan. There is no doubt with the way they both acted at Cowher's retirement press conference that Bill Cowher and Art Rooney are not very close. He left because the Rooney's wouldnt pay him the big money. He didnt leave because he wanted to spend all this time with his family and all this other crap. It just irritates me because of the half *** way Cowher handled things this past season with the whole retirement distraction thing, and the way the team played most of the season, which did have a huge effect on the way the team played from training camp on last year. Plus you hear Cowher give this big speech about wanting to spend all his time at home with his family and do nothing football related and here you have it not even 6 weeks later the guy takes a damn job at CBS. It just proves that Cowher is a liar, and that he has every intention of getting back into coaching in the 2008 season.:bluelol:

we should fire every steeler player who allowed to let cowhers personal and financial situation become a distraction on the field.

"coaches coach, and players play"

cowher built this group of men into a superbowl winning team. he gave them all the freedom and leniency they earned and desired. have you heard of any player who wanted to see cowher go? let alone any member of his staff?

if you think cowher shoulda stuck around for the remaining 4 million on his contract while newbie, unproven coaches like b. petrino are earning 4.5 then more power to ya.

its all about market value and art rooney II woulda done the EXACT same thing if he were a coach in the nfl.

TEEMONT
02-16-2007, 01:30 AM
:bluelol:

we should fire every steeler player who allowed to let cowhers personal and financial situation become a distraction on the field.

cowher built this group of men into a superbowl winning team. he gave them all the freedom and leniency they earned and desired. have you heard of any player who wanted to see cowher go? let alone any member of his staff?

if you think cowher shoulda stuck around for the remaining 4 million on his contract while newbie, unproven coaches like b. petrino are earning 4.5 then more power to ya.

its all about market value and art rooney II woulda done the EXACT same thing if he were a coach in the nfl.

man i missed a voice of reason......

Steelersfan
02-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Last I heard Cowher was offered a little more than that. 6.5-7 mill range for 3 extra years or something around that.

What bugs me most is the players who took pay cuts to stay here and have a chance to win a SB for him. What makes Cowher better than say Bettis? Without Bettis taking the cut and helping us win a few games BC doesn't have a SB ring.
And Cowher wasn't even taking a pay cut but getting a raise.

TEEMONT
02-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Last I heard Cowher was offered a little more than that. 6.5-7 mill range for 3 extra years or something around that.

What bugs me most is the players who took pay cuts to stay here and have a chance to win a SB for him. What makes Cowher better than say Bettis? Without Bettis taking the cut and helping us win a few games BC doesn't have a SB ring.
And Cowher wasn't even taking a pay cut but getting a raise.

I can agree, to a point. Bettis got paid what he should have gotten paid, pretty much got better than market value for what he did. Cowher was getting paid market value, while I don't like how he just mailed last year in, he still shoudl have been offered more, prob around the highest in the league.

Steelersfan
02-16-2007, 01:46 AM
I can agree, to a point. Bettis got paid what he should have gotten paid, pretty much got better than market value for what he did. Cowher was getting paid market value, while I don't like how he just mailed last year in, he still shoudl have been offered more, prob around the highest in the league.

Bettis took the backup job and did what he was asked of. The Bears game comes to mind. Without him we most likely don't win that game. All I'm saying is it takes a "team" (including the coach) to win a Super Bowl. Every other player we've had that has wanted a big pay day has been let go and there are some pretty good players on that list.
If BC would have been with any other team he would of been fired somewhere in the 98,99,00 seasons and would of never had the chance to win a SB. The Rooneys gave him the chance to win one and stuck with him. Maybe he got paid too much for what he did during that time?

TEEMONT
02-16-2007, 01:52 AM
He had a few bad season...but look at the win loss record, he had a hell of a run, and more often than not put his players in position to win big games.

Steelersfan
02-16-2007, 01:58 AM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he didn't. But after 3 bad seasons most teams would of fired him regardless of his past record. For the most part BC has been a good coach for us and I thank him for that.

TEEMONT
02-16-2007, 02:11 AM
I do too, but he did deserve more than rookie head coaches.....

Steelersfan
02-16-2007, 02:15 AM
I do too, but he did deserve more than rookie head coaches.....

I agree too. But where does it stop? Someone pays a rookie HC 8 mill so everyone else needs to get that too? At some point coaches salaries are going to count against the cap. It's just a matter of time......lol

tony hipchest
02-16-2007, 02:31 AM
the rooneys had their part in cowher having 3 poor seasons. cowher lost more free agents yet remained competitive than most teams. steelers were having a great year when the thanksgiving coinflip game f'ed them up and derailed their season. cowhers fault? maybe. but probably not.

anyways jerome didnt have 15 years into the league, and jerome didnt have a possible 15 years left in the league.

simple nfl market value says jerome was due for a pay cut and cowher was due for a raise. cowher was offered a raise to 6.5 mil but in 2 years he wouldve outplayed that contract to (just like he has every contract he has signed with the rooneys) even after a sb win the rooneys main goal was saving a few extra bucks. no blame towards them, they are fiscal business men. but no name to cowher or his agent who know what he is worth on the open market.

Steelersfan
02-16-2007, 02:48 AM
Nice post, but.........lol

Cowher had some say in the personnel and who to keep in regards to the cap so that wasn't all the Rooneys. I look at it like this:
Let's say BC would have made 7 mill a year over the next 3 years with us. That's 21 mill.
Now let's say he sits out this year and gets nothing. Then comes back the year after at 10 mill for some team. He looses 1 mill over the next 3 years and has to contend with being fired if he doesn't do well with a team he didn't help build.
I don't disagree with Bettis being due a pay cut either. But he took it to win a SB. I guess I don't see how someone can ask a player to take a cut to help win you a SB and then you as the coach think you are under payed all of a sudden when he may or may not make more?

Iron City South
02-16-2007, 03:04 PM
:bluelol:

Cowher didn't build a damn thing ... The 2 players that made the most impact the past few years was 1) Parker ... who was Rooney's man ... not Cowher's. and 2) Roethlisberger .... who was not only a no-brainer since he slid down to the 11 spot .... was largely Colbert/Rooney .... again, not Cowher.

Cowher's drafting influence for more than a better part of a decade has been disappointingly "average" and it just so happens that the 1st year he allowed the players to play and got the hell out of everyone's way is the same year we won the Super Bowl. Coincidence? .... not a chance. Every year that he tried to "control" everyone and everything he ended up getting his *** beat strategically .... yes, OUTCOACHED!

Cowher had 3 glaring flaws that cannot be overlooked:

1) Failure to correctly assess talent (didn't know when to give up and move on with some players)
2) Loyalty to veterans (loved being part of the boys club...created an entitlement culture)
3) Strategic thinking; Inability to assess opponents and formulate effective game plans and make mid-game adjustments accordingly.

rainman
02-16-2007, 10:57 PM
I think all of us would switch whatever job we do to go where our salary would be doubled. When I worked at Bell Atlantic for say $50,000 and Pacific Bell offered me $100,000, it would be hard to turn down. Bill was making around 4 million - can you blame him for leaving for 8 million.

BB2W
02-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Cowher is definitely staying busy... he will also headline the annual Tennessee Football Coaches Clinic.

link: http://www.wbir.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=42386

MaineofSteel
08-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Sorry Troy, Tee is right,. He's gone and forgotten within the Steeler Nation. He had his chance at immortality and traded it for home and analysis .

Good luck Bill....... Helllllooooo Mr. Tomlin !!!!!!! Did we tell you about the rabids fans we have here in Pittsburgh ! Feelings run deep and hard, The Nation is all Black and Gold and this is your chance at immortality.

MoS

NOVA STEELERS
08-22-2007, 08:28 AM
There is much talk around here in Northern Virginia/DC that Snyder will sell the farm to bring Cowher in to replace gibbs racing......

GoBenGo
08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Those few shouldn't be bitter on BC turning back up in football. Why begrudge the guy success? Crimony, he gave us great years, more than any other coach gave their fans. Be glad it is just an anylist, not a coaching job (rival). I admit I would be sick if he went to coach somewhere else , just wouldn't feel right, but it would n ot change what he gave to me for more than a decade. If he simply faded off into the golf course (god's waiting room) and did nothing, would I/we respect that more?:scratch: I wouldn't.:nono:

Heck, I welcome his experience and knowledge to the booth.

NOW IF WE CAN JUST GET RID OF DEION, SHANNON,MIKE,JOE,CHRIS,STEVE,ETC:villagepeople:

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-22-2007, 12:37 PM
There is much talk around here in Northern Virginia/DC that Snyder will sell the farm to bring Cowher in to replace gibbs racing......

Discussions are ongoing...

BlitzburghRockCity
08-22-2007, 12:52 PM
If Cowher doesnt' go to the Clowns then the skins are a definite option for him..don't discount jerry jones axing Wade and bringing in Bill next year if the Cowboys have a sub par season.

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-22-2007, 01:40 PM
If Cowher doesnt' go to the Clowns then the skins are a definite option for him..don't discount jerry jones axing Wade and bringing in Bill next year if the Cowboys have a sub par season.

Jerry Jones is owner/gm, Cowher from all indications wants complete control over football operations in his next gig. I do not see that happening. in Dallas.

DIESELMAN
08-22-2007, 09:16 PM
By the time Cowher gets a new job in coaching, Tomlin's success will be so imbedded in our heads we won't care where Cowher goes.

Friday133
08-22-2007, 09:35 PM
By the time Cowher gets a new job in coaching, Tomlin's success will be so imbedded in our heads we won't care where Cowher goes.

Amen!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Jerry Jones is owner/gm, Cowher from all indications wants complete control over football operations in his next gig. I do not see that happening. in Dallas.

Didn't Parcells have complete control until TO came in ? :lol: Im sure BC and Jerry would but heads from the get go.

SteelerFan87
08-22-2007, 10:36 PM
I would totally disgusted with Cowher if he goes to the Browns or Cowboys. I also hope he doesn't go to the Redskins because it's a bad job. I think the Panthers are the perfect place for him, although I like John Fox. Maybe Cowher can keep him as an assistant?

WildBillSteel
08-23-2007, 12:22 AM
what abuot carolina? fox is probly on his last chance to bring home a title........plus cowher wouldnt have to leave home since charlotte is just a couple hrs drive away

SteelerBee43
08-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Does it really matter where he goes or what he does? We have a coach and I think he'll do the Steelers justice,and if the players want another superbowl title bad enough,they'll step up and put forth the effort to get it.Tomlin has what it takes,so good luck B.C.and long live Tomlin !!:tt02:

BlitzburghNation
08-23-2007, 01:31 AM
Long as he doesn't wind up in our division or them Cowgirls,,,,,,,,,,

I'll wish him all the luck in the world & I do agree Carolina would make the most sense :popcorn:

We could really pull for him there in the NFC,,,,,,,,,,, :bigthumb: