PDA

View Full Version : steelers interested in Jeremichael Finley

cali_fan
06-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Just read a little article about it on bleacher report.

Thoughts?

TarlsQtr
06-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Just read a little article about it on bleacher report.

Thoughts?

Ian Rappaport reported the same thing.

I would take any TE that meant the end of Palmer and/or Paulson. I cringe at their names. That would mean Heath, Spaeth as blocking TE, and Finley (who is an underrated blocker too, IMO). Branchflower on practice squad unless he comes into camp and blocks as well as Spaeth (doubtful).

It would have to be a bargain without too much guaranteed money though. He has not even been cleared to play yet.

Big T
06-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Ian Rappaport reported the same thing.

I would take any TE that meant the end of Palmer and/or Paulson. I cringe at their names. That would mean Heath, Spaeth as blocking TE, and Finley (who is an underrated blocker too, IMO). Branchflower on practice squad unless he comes into camp and blocks as well as Spaeth (doubtful).

It would have to be a bargain without too much guaranteed money though. He has not even been cleared to play yet.

I honestly don't think he's gonna get more than a 1-year, vet min, "prove it" type deal. Outside of a team like Oakland, no team should be crazy enough to give him a long term deal coming off his injury. Having said that, I'd be on board with bringing him in.

Spike
06-04-2014, 03:35 PM
The Steelers' team doctor performed Finley's neck surgery and recently cleared him for football

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/288787/report-pit-oak-interested-in-te-finley

sure, why not - we need somebody besides Heath that can make plays

Steeltrap
06-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Our team doctor did the surgery on Finley and he gave Finley clearance so that's reassuring. I'd be fine with giving him a minimum contract. But I think the Raiders will out bid us. I even think the Packers may out bid us too.

Blitzburghpete
06-05-2014, 03:14 AM
Definately try to sign Finley!! What a threat we'd have with him on our roster. Plus as it was our doctor who did the surgery, they'd know exactly how stable he is and can use that in the bidding process. IE if we did offer him a fair amount of money, they know his neck is good.

SteelCityKid5
06-05-2014, 09:10 AM
As long as we have the money, I don't see how he wouldn't be an upgrade. Injury and all.

greg1964
06-05-2014, 02:52 PM
WHY.... if he was healthy....OK.....but if he was healthy he wouldn't be out there:

SteelCityKid5
06-05-2014, 04:35 PM
WHY.... if he was healthy....OK.....but if he was healthy he wouldn't be out there:

He was just medically cleared I believe last week. Therefore, according to doctors, he's healthy.

Big T
06-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Now that free-agent tight end Jermichael Finley has received clearance from Dr. Jospeh Maroon to return to football, Finley needs to find a team that will clear him to play. Then, he needs to find a contract that he regards as appropriate, given all relevant circumstances.

And that’s the point at which Finley will have a tough decision to make. With a $10 million disability policy available to Finley if he’s never able to play again, Finley will have to decide whether to call it quits for $10 million tax free, or whether to return to the NFL for far less than what it would take to earn $10 million after taxes.

Agent Blake Baratz expressed confidence during a visit last week to PFT Live that Finley can get the insurance money if he chooses not to play, despite the fact that he has received clearance to return. If that’s accurate, Finley could lose a lot of money in exchange for a chance to play football again.

The dilemma doesn’t come squarely into focus for Finley until a team clears him to play for it and begins making monetary offers. And while Finley has plenty of money put away, $10 million to not incur any further risk of injury versus something potentially much less than $10 million coupled with the risk of another neck injury and other problems seems like an easy decision to make with the brain.

But the brain doesn’t always make those decisions.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/05/finley-eventually-will-have-a-tough-decision-to-make/

coldrolled
06-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Retire with $10mill tax free.

steelchamp204
06-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Retire with $10mill tax free.

That's what I said in another thread. It isn't worth risking his entire life just to play about 4 more seasons, even though he is 26 I believe.

He should really retire. I know some Steelers fans want him for an offensive threat, but I'm looking on his entire body of life he has in front of him. It's definitely not worth the risk in my opinion. If he wants to stay involved in football, have him be a TE coach or something.

K Train
06-09-2014, 10:09 AM
He was looking awesome before his spine was crushed into a fine liquid. Hes always been decent but he relaly looked like he was putting it together