PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sign a pair of draft picks

Big T
05-19-2014, 04:17 PM
@steelers: We have signed our sixth-round draft pick, defensive lineman Daniel McCullers & seventh-round pick, tight end Rob Blanchflower.

They'll have to wait until June 2 for the cap space to sign the top picks.

coldrolled
05-19-2014, 06:19 PM
McCullers was projected a 3-4 rounder and Blanchflower was a 5th rounder that can catch, they wont stick to the practice squad.. someone is getting replaced in each position.

KevinE
05-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Spaeth so long!

Big T
05-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Spaeth so long!

More like Paulson. Unlike Paulson, Spaeth is actually useful.

KevinE
05-19-2014, 07:50 PM

You're right completely forgot about him.

steelchamp204
05-20-2014, 12:58 AM

Steelers should have taken a gamble on colt lyerla, just my opinion. If he didnt work out, I'm sure it wouldn't have hurt the team by any means. He could have filled Heaths shoes if he can keep his head on straight. Plus it would've been an extra receiving threat TE Haley could have worked with. Might not have been an upgrade over Spaeth in the run blocking department, but would have been a major upgrade in the receiving department.

Low risk/very high reward if he can stay in line.

Big T
05-20-2014, 01:14 AM
Steelers should have taken a gamble on colt lyerla, just my opinion. If he didnt work out, I'm sure it wouldn't have hurt the team by any means. He could have filled Heaths shoes if he can keep his head on straight. Plus it would've been an extra receiving threat TE Haley could have worked with. Might not have been an upgrade over Spaeth in the run blocking department, but would have been a major upgrade in the receiving department.

Low risk/very high reward if he can stay in line.

I was hoping for him in the 6th and 7th. I wish we would've given him a shot as an UDFA as well. He signed with the Packers. If he keeps his head on straight, they just got their "Vontaze Burfict" to replace Finley.

steelchamp204
05-20-2014, 02:42 AM
I was hoping for him in the 6th and 7th. I wish we would've given him a shot as an UDFA as well. He signed with the Packers. If he keeps his head on straight, they just got their "Vontaze Burfict" to replace Finley.

In that offense with Rodgers, them two could be dangerous. :cursin:

KemoTherapy
05-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Yeah Branchflower probably spells the end of the line for Paulson. Tomlin loves him but he's non blocking finesse guy without any sort of premier athleticism. Hopefully Branchy Is fully recovered from the hernia surgery and is good to go.