PDA

View Full Version : Division Rivals 2014 Draft

igor0190
05-10-2014, 10:58 PM
The Ravens took an inside LB and DL with their first two picks and I think both their draft and ours will be largely judged immediately on whether Shazier, Tuitt >> Mosley, Jernigan. Shazier and Tuitt fill two immediate needs in our defence and it shouldn't take either long to crack the starting lineup without a lot of competition there. Hopefully Martavius Bryant (or Wheaton) can show he's a steal and finally give us some quality depth at the position.

Why did Darqueze Dennard fall so far? If Dennard and Gilbert show they're good to great cover guys, our offense is gonna have a hell of a time trying to throw on these teams with our current weapons at WR.

CINCINATTI BENGALS
1-24 Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
2-23 Jeremy Hill RB LSU
3-24 William Clarke DE West Virginia
4-11 Russell Bodine OC North Carolina
5-24 AJ McCarron QB Alabama
6-36 Marquis Flowers OLB Arizona
7-24 James Wright WR LSU
7-37 Lavelle Westbrooks CB Georgia Southern

BALTIMORE RAVENS
1-17 C.J. Mosley ILB Alabama
2-16 Timmy Jernigan DT Florida State
3-15 Terrence Brooks S Florida State
3-35 Crockett Gillmore TE Colorado State
4-34 Brent Urban DT Virginia
4-38 Lorenzo Taliaferro RB Coastal Carolina
5-35 John Urschel OG Penn State
6-18 Keith Wenning QB Ball State
7-3 Michael Campanaro WR Wake Forest

CLEVELAND BROWNS
1-8 Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
1-22 Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M
2-3 Joel Bitonio OT Nevada
3-7 Chris Kirksey OLB Iowa
3-30 Terrance West RB Towson
4-27 Pierre Desir CB Lindenwood

Nolrog
05-11-2014, 07:37 AM
I really liked the Brown's draft. Manziel will not be a middle of the road guy. He is either going to be a huge star or a major bust (given his arrogance, I'm rooting for the latter).

I think the Ravens did well too. They have some guys that should help shore up that defense, much like we did.

Cincy did very well grabbing Dennard as late as they did, but I'm not too enamored with RB in the 2nd. I don't know the Bengals well enough, but I'm sure there was a better pick in round 2 for them.

KevinE
05-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Johnny football is a bust!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coldrolled
05-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Johnny football is a bust!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a good player and really not a bust.. his problem is he will get busted up...

Real Deal Steel
05-11-2014, 12:45 PM
I too think Manziel is a bust. And how can the Browns draft be so good if they took no wide receivers in a wide receivers rich draft? Ben Tate isn't all that great at RB and the guy they drafted at RB is nothing to write home to momma about.

To me, the Browns are seriously lacking at the skill positions. They're nothing to worry about this year.

K Train
05-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Kind of pisses me off that urban is a raven

Does Mosley indicate maybe the ravens aren't as high on Arthur Brown as we thought?

Real Deal Steel
05-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Well K,

The Ravens do generally draft well. So them getting anybody good was going to get you mad anyway. :)

igor0190
05-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Apparently the Patriots scouting report said Manziel is a "cocky prick". LMAO
The Browns spent $100,000 on a study of QB and what makes one successful in the NFL. The study supported that Teddy Bridgewater would be the best QB of this years class and they went and drafted Johnny anyways.
The Browns will ruin any potential Manziel had.

Real Deal Steel
05-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Bridgewater has everything around him to succeed. Good teacher in Norv Turner, He has K-Train's favorite wide reciever to throw to in Patterson and he has a monster running game to keep pressure off of him and he has a nice tight end.

igor0190
05-11-2014, 02:30 PM
K-TRAIN:
Isn't AQ Shipley now the starting Center for the Ravens?
Why do you think Dennard fell in the draft when he was originally projected as the 1st corner off the board?

K Train
05-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Shipley is terrible. He's bounced around and made an ok journeyman career but he sucks.

I've never had dennard as the top corner. I ended up having him #2 where I had him all along, reluctantly by a hair over Fuller. He is a better fit for the bengals tho, I see the value for them there he's pretty much exactly like Leon hall

Gilbert and Haden could be pretty insane though

Steeltrap
05-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Pierre Desir who they got in the 4th has serious skills too. He could quickly develop into being a good CB. Their secondary is pretty good. I'll give them that.

KemoTherapy
05-11-2014, 08:37 PM
The draft was so deep that everybody's gotten better. So many teams stockpiled extra picks for this draft.

muncher
05-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Bridgewater has everything around him to succeed. Good teacher in Norv Turner, He has K-Train's favorite wide reciever to throw to in Patterson and he has a monster running game to keep pressure off of him and he has a nice tight end.

said Sam

steelchamp204
05-12-2014, 11:22 AM
Ravens got some good late round picks in Urban and Urschel. Watched Urschel at PSU for all them years. He is a very solid OG, I was hopin the Steelers picked him in my Mock in the later rounds. What a steal for the Ravens.