PDA

View Full Version : Going into rounds 2 & 3........

Real Deal Steel
05-09-2014, 06:42 AM
Well, at the top I think we are going to see some QB's go off the board as well as movement on the runningback positions. There wasn't a run on wide receivers that a lot of the experts predicted at the end of round one so there still is a ton of talent available there. That may be where we get the most value for our pick at # 46.

Either way, Colbert is in a bad spot because if you go WR and pass on the cornerback position again, people are going to be upset. If he goes cornerback and passes on Matthews and company, (WR) people are going to be upset. If he passes on both and takes a NT, (Nix) people are going to be upset.

No win situation for the front office. It's about best value at need positions. Seems like the most value should be at wide receiver but who knows.

steelchamp204
05-09-2014, 06:52 AM
If Clbert passes on Allen Robinson/Jordan Mathews Austin Sefari Jenkins if they are there. I'm done watching today and this weekend. Or at least checking for updates

JensK
05-09-2014, 07:05 AM
If Clbert passes on Allen Robinson/Jordan Mathews Austin Sefari Jenkins if they are there. I'm done watching today and this weekend. Or at least checking for updates

depending on how the draft pans out, our second round pick could become absurdly difficult. Potentially, there could be:

Hageman
Tuitt
Nix
Robinson
Mathews

I'd be hardpressed to point out who would offer more value between them.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-09-2014, 07:17 AM
Well, at the top I think we are going to see some QB's go off the board as well as movement on the runningback positions. There wasn't a run on wide receivers that a lot of the experts predicted at the end of round one so there still is a ton of talent available there. That may be where we get the most value for our pick at # 46.

Either way, Colbert is in a bad spot because if you go WR and pass on the cornerback position again, people are going to be upset. If he goes cornerback and passes on Matthews and company, (WR) people are going to be upset. If he passes on both and takes a NT, (Nix) people are going to be upset.

No win situation for the front office. It's about best value at need positions. Seems like the most value should be at wide receiver but who knows.

Lol, if they care about people being "upset", they should all be fired.

There are plenty of "win" situations. They landed an impact player in the 1st and now have the rest of the draft to fill needs/build depth.

zoneblitz80
05-09-2014, 08:06 AM
What's the saying? Once you start listening too fans you will be sitting with them.
I'm one of the few but I love the shazier pick. I'm looking for wr & cb

Real Deal Steel
05-09-2014, 08:18 AM
It's not about "listening to fans" I said that to say people need to realize that we have ONE pick in the second round. Colbert can't address two areas with one pick. There are a lot of posters jumping off a bridge because of the Shazier pick. Shazier was a great pick. There's good value still on the D-line as well as wide receivers so our draft is looking good. IMO

JackLambert
05-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Disagree about Shazier being a great pick... and I like the player. Colbert is in a tough spot because he continues to foul up the CB position. There are some good players in Rd.2, and the team has at least three glaring needs, so hopefully he actually addresses one of them.

K Train
05-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Man there is some great players left. Love any of nix, tuitt, hageman, Matthews, moncrief, asj, niklas. Robinson would **** me off but after passing on dennard, I'll survive.

TarlsQtr
05-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Man there is some great players left. Love any of nix, tuitt, hageman, Matthews, moncrief, asj, niklas. Robinson would **** me off but after passing on dennard, I'll survive.

I would love the DL here, mainly because with Tuitt, Nix, or Hageman we are looking at a first round talent in the second round.

K Train
05-09-2014, 11:40 AM
**** forgot about lee. Lee was be an amazing pick in round 2

Steeltrap
05-09-2014, 12:12 PM
With so many choices, would they dare trade down a bit?

SteelCityKid5
05-09-2014, 01:34 PM
With so many choices, would they dare trade down a bit?

It'd be smart. I wouldn't mind more picks in a DEEP draft.

TarlsQtr
05-09-2014, 01:52 PM
It'd be smart. I wouldn't mind more picks in a DEEP draft.

I would not. There will be first round talent at 46. I would not risk losing one of those for a late round pick.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Big T
05-09-2014, 02:07 PM
I would not. There will be first round talent at 46. I would not risk losing one of those for a late round pick.

Exactly.

Steeltown26
05-09-2014, 02:13 PM

I'll take the easy answer and say it depends... If someone is available at No. 46 that you absolutely covet and considered first round talent ... I say go for it. But if you're fairly indifferent between the players available, I recommend trading down especially since we don't have another pick until the end of round 3. I am not sure exactly what you might expect in a trade but moving down 5 to 10 picks in the second round in order to pick up a late 3rd round or early 4th rounder would be ideal. I think the chances are good that trades will be made in the second round as certain teams may really covet a few players still not selected. There are some really good players still available...

Steeltrap
05-09-2014, 02:16 PM
This is going to be pretty interesting at # 46 because we will find out what Colbert and Tomlin really think about the Nose tackle position in comparison to the wide receiver position in comparison to the cornerback position.

Which position do you think we can get the most impact from based on the talent available?

igor0190
05-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Don't forget we picked up Cam Thomas in free agency... Personally I devalue that position considering we only need a nose on the field for running situations.

I'm hoping for some size... Big TE Austin Sefarian Jenkins, or CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste maybe.
I really hope the Steelers next 4 draft picks are 2 corners and 2 pass catchers.

Big T
05-09-2014, 03:10 PM
I'd love ASJ at 46. SJB would be a good pick as well. Tuitt/Hageman would be awesome, possibly Nix. WRs like Lee, Matthews, Robinson, Latimer, etc...

Steeltrap
05-09-2014, 03:31 PM
I'm hearing that if the Texans are stuck at # 33, they are taking Nix.