PDA

View Full Version : Go on record..............

Real Deal Steel
05-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Seems everybody is feeling good. Okay....time to put up or shut up. It's a day before the draft and it's time to call your shot.

Specifically, who (in your estimation) are we going to take at # 15? Go on record.

And....what position will be drafted (you don't need a specific name) with our second round pick (should be # 46)

If you feel we will trade down in round one, then please state "trade down" and the specific player we are drafting once we trade down and don't forget the position we will draft in the second round.

coldrolled
05-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Mosley Barr Ebron Gilbert whoever is available...

CB / WR second

Big T
05-07-2014, 08:03 PM
It's impossible to know until we're on the clock. We have no idea how the 1st 14 picks will go or who'll be there.

If the first 14 picks go as most think they will (which they NEVER do), I see it being Dennard/Gilbert/Fuller or Benjamin. If Ebron is there they'll give him serious consideration but I've soured on him quite a bit. I'd rather trade down and Take ASJ than take Ebron at 15.

I honestly think they really like Benjamin though.

Edit: I noticed that you didn't post who you think it'll be.

zoneblitz80
05-07-2014, 10:20 PM
First round...fuller cb
Second round...matthews wr

NeilPatrickBanana
05-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Prediction:

1st : Dennard if he's there, Fuller if he's not
2nd : Tuitt if they go Dline, Bryant if they go WR

Big T
05-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Prediction:

Puke

Big T
05-08-2014, 12:22 AM
I'd probably take Bryant at 97, I just don't see a scenario where he's the BPA at a position of need at 46.

igor0190
05-08-2014, 12:59 AM
It'll be Dennard or Fuller in the first (whichever falls to us). Second and third rounds will be pass catchers (WR, TE).

Real Deal Steel
05-08-2014, 01:17 AM
In the first round, It will be Evans (if Available) but if Evans is off the board, it will be Fuller then Dennard (if Fuller is gone).
In the second round, it will be Tuitt or Nix.
Unfortunately, I don't think Evans will be there in round one so with the 3rd round compensation pick, that's when Colbert takes a Wr.

steelchamp204
05-08-2014, 01:20 AM
1st round=Fuller
2nd round=Robinson

Plan B

1st=Dennard
2nd=Nix

Thomas_43
05-08-2014, 05:25 AM
Pick will be based on which player is available in this order:

1st Round: Odell Beckham Jr, Kyle Fuller, Darqueze Dennard, Eric Ebron, Zach Martin
*Trade Down: Cody Latimer, Louis Nix, Kony Ealy, Stephen Tuitt

2nd Round: Stephen Tuitt, Rashede Hageman, Allen Robinson, Jordan Matthews, Philip Gaines, Bashaud Breeland

Who knows what will happen. Makes the draft a beautiful thing!

JollyRob68
05-08-2014, 05:33 AM
Kyle Fuller. If Trade down it's Fuller or Benjamin.

steelchamp204
05-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Ok, I cheated my first time.

Fuller
A Robinson

TarlsQtr
05-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Round 1: Dennard
Round 2: Nix/Tuitt (whichever one is available, Nix if both are)

The smart money is on a WR 1 or 2, but the Rooneys still see us as a defensive team and our history is such that we have never put too much emphasis on drafting WRs high and having multiple "elite" WRs.

TarlsQtr
05-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Prediction:

Interesting. I think you were willing to bet your house on a WR 1 or 2 a couple of weeks ago. ;-)

Rocky#20
05-08-2014, 11:25 AM
I agree with the majority that it will be Dennard or Fuller, but I did hear Mike Mayock last night on the NFL network say that he heard through the grapevine that the Steelers are going to trade down.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Interesting. I think you were willing to bet your house on a WR 1 or 2 a couple of weeks ago. ;-)

I'm worried that the WR talent will be pillaged before our 2nd pick... if 10 guys go before our pick.... then Dline and LBer options have fallend to us.

If the run on WRs doesn;'t fully take place... and a guy like Robinson is there for us, then we take him. I think it's unlikely.... and therefor i predict either the higher end Dline that falls (Tuitt), or the high end, but more project related WR (Bryant)

in the scenario i desrcibe... ideally they take that DE, and get Bryant type in the 3rd.

Nolrog
05-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Prediction:

Agree. I think they will go WR in the 2nd, DL in the 3rd though.

cbrunn
05-08-2014, 12:48 PM
1st - Benjamin / unless Gilbert is there than gilbert
2nd - Pierre Desir / Allen Robinson if Gilbert in rd 1

coldrolled
05-08-2014, 01:38 PM
I agree with the majority that it will be Dennard or Fuller, but I did hear Mike Mayock last night on the NFL network say that he heard through the grapevine that the Steelers are going to trade down.

Wow that would twist it up a bit... Do we get a late second and a late third or how would that work out? Just a third would be lame.

TarlsQtr
05-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Wow that would twist it up a bit... Do we get a late second and a late third or how would that work out? Just a third would be lame.

Depends on how far down. The draft charts would require something like a 3,4 (86 and 122) from the Eagles (maybe even a bit more) for us to go from 15 to 22. Or we could also give them our 4 (118) and take their 2 (54).

The Broncos (31) are now reportedly looking to move up. That would require their 2, 3, and 4 (63, 95, 131).

Raleigh Steel
05-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Denard at 15
If Denard gone, Steelers trade down to eagles, take Fuller.
If Fuller gone, steelers take Benjamin.

coldrolled
05-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Denard at 15
If Denard gone, Steelers trade down to eagles, take Fuller.
If Fuller gone, steelers take Benjamin.

Some Mocks have Fuller going first...

coldrolled
05-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Depends on how far down. The draft charts would require something like a 3,4 (86 and 122) from the Eagles (maybe even a bit more) for us to go from 15 to 22. Or we could also give them our 4 (118) and take their 2 (54).

The Broncos (31) are now reportedly looking to move up. That would require their 2, 3, and 4 (63, 95, 131).

How about their 2nd, and 6th or something, does that work??

TarlsQtr
05-08-2014, 02:41 PM
How about their 2nd, and 6th or something, does that work??

I assume you are referring to the Eagles.

No, it does not work because the Eagles 2 alone is worth more than the 7 spot jump to 15. Keep in mind that these are arbitrary numbers made up by Jimmie Johnson, some teams (such as the 49ers) use their own slightly different tables, and you can occasionally find teams that want a guy so badly that they will pay way too much but this should give you an idea.

The Steelers 15 pick is worth 1050. The Eagles 22 is worth 780, a difference of 270. The Eagles second round pick (54) alone is worth 360 points. The Eagles would be overpaying by 90, which is not entirely impossible but somewhat unlikely. Strictly by the chart, to get their pick 54 we would have to swap firsts and give them our 4 and a 5.

As I said above, anything is possible but on paper we could not even get their 2 unless we gave more back.

NeilPatrickBanana
05-08-2014, 02:45 PM
The Jimmy Johnson Trade Value Chart should be consulted as reference material... but it is not written in stone... the PLAYER is what drives the most value.

Consider that at #15 this year, there will likely be talent that would have gone top 8 overall last year... there legitimately could be players on the board who would have been considered in the top 3 last year.

It's the talent that will determine whether the trade value chart is met or not met, or even surpassed.

Real Deal Steel
05-08-2014, 02:58 PM
I'd love to swap our 4 and get their 2nd. That works! We could do some real damage with two 2nd round picks.

LatrobePA
05-08-2014, 03:02 PM
I can't wait until this weekend is over so we can actually see who we got and start mini camps...

TarlsQtr
05-08-2014, 03:08 PM
The Jimmy Johnson Trade Value Chart should be consulted as reference material... but it is not written in stone... the PLAYER is what drives the most value.

Consider that at #15 this year, there will likely be talent that would have gone top 8 overall last year... there legitimately could be players on the board who would have been considered in the top 3 last year.

It's the talent that will determine whether the trade value chart is met or not met, or even surpassed.

Agreed, which is why I tried to mitigate my comments with things like "on paper" and references that teams may want a guy so badly that they will give more.

For instance, if Sammy Watkins was miraculously there at 10 and we wanted him, we would have to give up much more than the 250 point difference, the equivalent of an early third rounder.

coldrolled
05-08-2014, 03:36 PM
I can't wait until this weekend is over so we can actually see who we got and start mini camps...

For Sure on that....

NeilPatrickBanana
05-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Agreed, which is why I tried to mitigate my comments with things like "on paper" and references that teams may want a guy so badly that they will give more.

For instance, if Sammy Watkins was miraculously there at 10 and we wanted him, we would have to give up much more than the 250 point difference, the equivalent of an early third rounder.

exactly,

The scenario drives the value... and the scenario includes the teams, players, and surrounding market....
Last year... in a weak draft, Miami was able to get to #3 for over 500 points less than the trade value chart... because the talent was weak, their were very few suitors to move up, combined with Oakland's strong desire to move down... end result, the trade came no where near to meeting the trade value chart.

Flip the situation to BETTER talent, MORE suitors, and LESS of a desire to move down, and you will hit or surpass the trade value chart

86WARD
05-08-2014, 05:47 PM
That draft chart isn't really "accurate" any more with the way rookie contracts are anymore...

NeilPatrickBanana
05-08-2014, 05:58 PM
That draft chart isn't really "accurate" any more with the way rookie contracts are anymore...

i think the rookie wage scale has helped bring the chart back into accuracy... when the contracts were exploding it hindered the desire to move up, or atleast the desire to pay a fair amount to move up since you were taking on significantly larger contracts.

Movement in the top 20 the last few years has indicated that the wage cap for rookies has helped the market for trades