PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL SCHEDULE RELEASED!!!

Rhys Lightning 63
04-23-2014, 08:01 PM
1 Sep 07 CLE @ PIT Heinz Field 1:00 PM

2 Sep 11 PIT @ BAL M&T Bank Stadium 8:25 PM

3 Sep 21 PIT @ CAR Bank of America Stadium 8:30 PM

4 Sep 28 TB @ PIT Heinz Field 1:00 PM

5 Oct 05 PIT @ JAC EverBank Field 1:00 PM

6 Oct 12 PIT @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM

7 Oct 20 HOU @ PIT Heinz Field 8:30 PM

8 Oct 26 IND @ PIT Heinz Field 4:25 PM

9 Nov 02 BAL @ PIT Heinz Field 8:30 PM

10 Nov 09 PIT @ NYJ MetLife Stadium 1:00 PM

11 Nov 17 PIT @ TEN LP Field 8:30 PM

12 Bye

13 Nov 30 NO @ PIT Heinz Field 1:00 PM

14 Dec 07 PIT @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 1:00 PM

15 Dec 14 PIT @ ATL Georgia Dome 1:00 PM

16 Dec 21 KC @ PIT Heinz Field 1:00 PM

17 Dec 28 CIN @ PIT Heinz Field 1:00 PM

Big T
04-23-2014, 08:08 PM
I like the late BYE for a change. As well as the 5 prime time games.

Big T
04-23-2014, 08:09 PM
That's gonna be a tough 5-game stretch to end the season

Rhys Lightning 63
04-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Just doing my predictions. I am going for 10-6. Losses coming:

@ Ravens
@ Panthers
Texans - I don't know why though, just a sneaky feeling
Saints
@ Bengals
@ Chiefs

Real Deal Steel
04-23-2014, 09:21 PM
We won't lose to the Panthers. Panthers have been officially raped this off-season of wide receivers and the O-line.

And the Chiefs game is at home.

We should be 10-6 or better. Provided we take care of business and get our pass rush back in this draft.

NeilPatrickBanana
04-23-2014, 09:47 PM

agreed... but the first 11 games is a nice stretch... they should be able to put themselves in good position... and then have the late bye week.... it's a very very favorable schedule/structure/situation

DBR96A
04-24-2014, 02:52 AM
What I like about the schedule

1. A late bye week for a change.

2. A home game to start the season.

3. Three home games in a row during the middle of the season.

4. A home game after the bye week.

5. Two home games in a row to end the season.

6. Ten days off between road games in Weeks 2 and 3.

7. Eight days off between road games in Weeks 10 and 11.

8. Four of the six division games scheduled by the midpoint of the season.

9. Ten "early" Sunday games, and only one "late" Sunday game.

10. Nothing but "early" Sunday games after the bye week.

11. Not having to play any teams coming off their bye weeks.

12. All but one game will be played in the Eastern Time Zone.

What I don't like about the schedule

1. As usual, the majority of prime-time games are on the road.

2. Third season in a row with a Thursday night game on the road.

3. Four road games in five weeks early in the season.

4. Four road games in six weeks late in the season.

5. All road games are scheduled in pairs.

Rhys Lightning 63
04-24-2014, 06:39 AM
We won't lose to the Panthers. Panthers have been officially raped this off-season of wide receivers and the O-line.

And the Chiefs game is at home.

We should be 10-6 or better. Provided we take care of business and get our pass rush back in this draft.

So it is. In which case, I'll go for 11-5

coldrolled
04-24-2014, 07:28 AM

Dalton sucks, we should win both.

joed32
04-24-2014, 08:21 AM
All games are in the Eastern time zone, I like that part.

coldrolled
04-24-2014, 08:44 AM
I like the late BYE for a change. As well as the 5 prime time games.

Indy - Pit should be a national game that week too.

JackLambert
04-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Upgrade DE and CB and I'm going with 12-4.

coldrolled
04-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Upgrade DE and CB and I'm going with 12-4.

I like it, but can we actually upgrade CB this year with a rookie??

I think get a Mosley and DE and get the front 7 solid and Ike will look good for another year while we groom a 3rd CB..

NeilPatrickBanana
04-24-2014, 09:48 AM
The more I look at it... it's the most favorable schedule we've landed in years. The structure is perfect. The late bye week, rolling into playoff caliber teams to finish out the season, is perfect. The time zones/travel/home vs road structure is a blessing.

optimism very high!

steelchamp204
04-24-2014, 09:52 AM
9-7. pre-draft.

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Question you have to ask yourself is how much is old Dickey going tolet rookies play on defense? I guess we know the answer to that.

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2014, 10:07 AM
9-7. pre-draft.

understood.

Hoping that Evans somehow, someway falls to us at # 15. I sure would like to jump the bucs and take Evans.

NeilPatrickBanana
04-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Question you have to ask yourself is how much is old Dickey going tolet rookies play on defense? I guess we know the answer to that.

And the Steelers dont sign free agents :yellowthumb:

Letting rookies play, doesn't make us better... see our 0-4 start with Jarvis starting, and Shamarko playing a ton...

Young players should start when it's in the best interest of the team. Seeing as we don't know what rookies we will have, and we haven't evaluated them in camp/pre season, suggesting that they will be the difference between winning/losing is totally preposterous.

coldrolled
04-24-2014, 10:22 AM

Letting rookies play, doesn't make us better... see our 0-4 start with Jarvis starting, and Shamarko playing a ton...

Young players should start when it's in the best interest of the team. Seeing as we don't know what rookies we will have, and we haven't evaluated them in camp/pre season, suggesting that they will be the difference between winning/losing is totally preposterous.

0-4 to me was miller and Bell on the sidelines... if miller gets hurt this year it will get ugly fast. we have no other quality TE

LatrobePA
04-24-2014, 10:24 AM
9-7. pre-draft.

Sounds right to me...

Big T
04-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Dalton sucks, we should win both.

We've split with Cincy the last two seasons...

coldrolled
04-24-2014, 10:58 AM
We've split with Cincy the last two seasons...

Dalton sucks..

Big T
04-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Dalton sucks..

So does Jake Locker, Matt Cassel, Terrelle Pryor...

LatrobePA
04-24-2014, 11:03 AM

LOL, you just Say'n? HAHAHA

coldrolled
04-24-2014, 11:04 AM

if we dont get a fast ilb next to timmons.. you may be right, we will have another career highlight reel like pryor's

Big T
04-24-2014, 11:06 AM
LOL, you just Say'n? HAHAHA

It just sounded like he was saying this team is incapable of losing to teams with sh*tty QBs. Obviously, considering last season, that is false.

LatrobePA
04-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Dalton is decent regular season, shti post... A lot like Sidney Crosby this year!

coldrolled
04-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Dalton is decent regular season, shti post... A lot like Sidney Crosby this year!

If we had more pressure on any QB during the games we would have been in the playoffs. We were making all the QB's look good last year. Dalton sucks... lol i hate the bungles. and Go! Hoyer! I hope the browns stick with hoyer and not draft 6'5 Bortles.

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2014, 11:52 AM
The key IS being able to really put pressure on QB's. We should have swept the Bengals if we had any put any type of real pressure on Howdy Doody in that game. He does suck.

I think the Browns will take a step back because Norv had Hoyer playing at a high level before his injury. I don't see that happening now. But I want to get after whoever the QB is in that game with a great pass rush!

NeilPatrickBanana
04-24-2014, 12:01 PM

you mean MAF?

WindyCityShaker
04-24-2014, 12:07 PM
The more I look at it... it's the most favorable schedule we've landed in years. The structure is perfect. The late bye week, rolling into playoff caliber teams to finish out the season, is perfect. The time zones/travel/home vs road structure is a blessing.

optimism very high!

I really like the schedule so much so I think I have an exaggerated initial thought for the potential season record.......so much so I won't even say it out loud.....yet.

I agree that the setup of this schedule is absolutely perfect, but we've also done "less" against what we all thought were easier opponents over the past couple of years.

I WANT TO BELIEVE!

joed32
04-24-2014, 12:28 PM

And Vince Williams got to start as a rookie.

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2014, 01:56 PM

Our 0-4 record last year was an aberration.....

Other defenses around the league have rookies start and excel in them. Linebacker is suppose to be the one position (for example) that a rookie can come in and make an impact if talented. Using Von Miller and Kuechley as prime examples.

LeBeau's system doesn't allow this. Yes, we appreciate the defense when it works correctly but with rookies having no impact until their third year of being in the system, coupled with them leaving(for the most part) when they finally learn it. (because of the way our front office has conducted its business) In today's NFL, we have to be able to develop and maximize our talent more rapidly then what we've been doing. Especially on defense.

It wasn't preposterous when Von Miller was inserted as the starter, It wasn't proposterous when Kuechley was inserted as a starter.

And using the excuse that we went 0-4 because of the rookies is lame. Let's take the Vikings game for example:

What did JJ have to do with Ike Taylor being smoked for 7 catches, 124 yards??? Why should Shamarko be helping Ike cover a bum like Simpson??? Ike should of been able to handle that one on one. Obviously not.

And Peterson running for 140 yards on us. That was JJ's fault? Our D-line sucked last year. Expecially at the NT position.

Other defenses around the league are able to implement their talented rookies. And so should we. This isn't your grand daddy's NFL anymore.

Anyone thinking that rookies coming into the league and finally being effective in their 3rd year is preposterous and antiquated to say the least.

Big T
04-24-2014, 02:12 PM

Other defenses around the league have rookies start and excel in them. Linebacker is suppose to be the one position (for example) that a rookie can come in and make an impact if talented. Using Von Miller and Kuechley as prime examples.

LeBeau's system doesn't allow this. Yes, we appreciate the defense when it works correctly but with rookies having no impact until their third year of being in the system, coupled with them leaving(for the most part) when they finally learn it. (because of the way our front office has conducted its business) In today's NFL, we have to be able to develop and maximize our talent more rapidly then what we've been doing. Especially on defense.

It wasn't preposterous when Von Miller was inserted as the starter, It wasn't proposterous when Kuechley was inserted as a starter.

And using the excuse that we went 0-4 because of the rookies is lame. Let's take the Vikings game for example:

What did JJ have to do with Ike Taylor being smoked for 7 catches, 124 yards??? Why should Shamarko be helping Ike cover a bum like Simpson??? Ike should of been able to handle that one on one. Obviously not.

And Peterson running for 140 yards on us. That was JJ's fault? Our D-line sucked last year. Expecially at the NT position.

Other defenses around the league are able to implement their talented rookies. And so should we. This isn't your grand daddy's NFL anymore.

Anyone thinking that rookies coming into the league and finally being effective in their 3rd year is preposterous and antiquated to say the least.

Using the 2nd overall pick in one draft and 9th overall pick in another as examples when talking about a team that has consistently drafted in the back end of the 1st round is silly. I don't even care which side of the argument you're on, it makes no sense.

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2014, 02:20 PM
Big T, those were just two examples off the top of my head. There have been plenty other rookie lbs that have came in and posted well.

Big T
04-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Big T, those were just two examples off the top of my head. There have been plenty other rookie lbs that have came in and posted well.

And? Jarvis did some things well last year, but he was very underwhelming in the pass rush department. I have in no way given up on him turning into a good pass rusher, I honestly believe he will, but he was certainly part of the pass rush issues we had last year. Just because others have come in and played well as rookies doesn't necessarily mean ours will. Just like we've had rookies at positions come in and contribute immediately and others haven't. It's like saying "Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan played well as rookies, so that means Blaine Gabbert should as well." Everyone is different. Do you really think Jarvis would've been some pass rushing terror last season if he was in another jersey?

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2014, 03:07 PM
And? Jarvis did some things well last year, but he was very underwhelming in the pass rush department. I have in no way given up on him turning into a good pass rusher, I honestly believe he will, but he was certainly part of the pass rush issues we had last year. Just because others have come in and played well as rookies doesn't necessarily mean ours will. Just like we've had rookies at positions come in and contribute immediately and others haven't. It's like saying "Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan played well as rookies, so that means Blaine Gabbert should as well." Everyone is different. Do you really think Jarvis would've been some pass rushing terror last season if he was in another jersey?

We'll never know will we? But what we do know is that LeBeau's system isn't conducive to rookies doing well. I still have faith in Jones being a great linebacker while quite a few people are down on him. As far as the Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco comparisons to Blain Gabbert..it's about systems. If Gabbert and Flacco could switch places, maybe Gabbert would be just as good as Flacco (not saying much).

When you think about it, how many legitimate QB teachers (groomers) are their in the league? Who's to say (for example) that Gabbert wouldn't have panned out if (for example) Norv Turner were his teacher? There may be 10 legit QB teachers (groomers) in this league. Which means that if you don't land with one of those, your bust potential is greater.

K Train
04-24-2014, 04:08 PM
This thread is about rookie starters?

Jesus

Dean Denton
04-24-2014, 04:21 PM
We thought last years schedule was favorable too and we dropped our first four games to scrubs. Lost to the raiders too. There are no easy schedules. One thing I do like is we have one more prime time game than Seattle and the last two games of the season have a chance to be flexed into prime time too...lol love it.

K Train
04-24-2014, 04:24 PM
^debbie downer lol

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2014, 04:50 PM
We thought last years schedule was favorable too and we dropped our first four games to scrubs. Lost to the raiders too. There are no easy schedules. One thing I do like is we have one more prime time game than Seattle and the last two games of the season have a chance to be flexed into prime time too...lol love it.

Your outlook is probably the proper outlook to have. We should never just overlook any opponents. Last year was some serious humble pie for us in that regard. That 0-4 start was brutal. All of us were pretty upset about it.

NeilPatrickBanana
04-24-2014, 05:17 PM

Then your position about rookies starting is irrelevant

NeilPatrickBanana
04-24-2014, 05:20 PM
We'll never know will we? But what we do know is that LeBeau's system isn't conducive to rookies doing well. I

No
What we know is that the Steelers haven't been in position to draft elite top of the draft players who are capable of starting right away very often

When we have (Troy, Hamp... Even Timmons was starting in situations as a rookie) they have started.

A 2nd round DE is not going to improve the team if he is forced to start.

NeilPatrickBanana
04-24-2014, 05:22 PM
If Gabbert and Flacco could switch places, maybe Gabbert would be just as good as Flacco (not saying much).

Stop smoking meth