PDA

View Full Version : Pens vs. Columbus - let the playoffs begin!

Spike
04-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Probably the best match-up we could have expected

Go Wings, Rangers and Tampa !

StlersGuy
04-15-2014, 03:48 PM
I live in Columbus and these people around here act like the CBJ is going to smoke us. :thinking::lol:

Spike
04-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Pens win game 1 - without Sid having to do all the scoring

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-e4VLhpop0G0/U08ywlq70qI/AAAAAAACZ9A/ThCQGFVXxik/s518/dubcros.gif

Ibleedblk&gld
04-17-2014, 03:45 PM
they looked like poop last night...Matty Niskanen was the unsung hero of the game

Spike
04-18-2014, 01:51 PM
A win is a win.

Beau knows hockey, it's good to have to him back...and Gibbons looked pretty good too.

onward and upward

at least we didn't lose in 3 OT like the Flyers

Ibleedblk&gld
04-18-2014, 05:12 PM
True...gibbons has really proved himself...he's quick and I love how he is everywhere, intercepting passes and going hard nonstop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Spike
04-19-2014, 05:19 AM
the B's get goose-egged.....go Wings!

http://i.minus.com/ibdHqn7wpx9hyD.gif

Spike
04-19-2014, 06:22 PM
I say it's time for Sid to take over a game....need to brush off these cheap suit guys as soon as possible

Spike
04-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Loudest fan at Consol?

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-41495-hockey-baby-gif-Imgur-pumped-u-ef62.gif

Ibleedblk&gld
04-19-2014, 09:00 PM
Lol I saw that yesterday...gibbons with 2 goals in the first...that kid impresses me more and more

Ibleedblk&gld
04-19-2014, 11:43 PM
2OT...this game is going to give me a heart attack

Ibleedblk&gld
04-19-2014, 11:47 PM

Series tied at 1

Spike
04-20-2014, 11:52 PM
I think I still hear meadowlarks singing - fancy pants behind the back passes aren't working

This was just supposed to be an exhibition series.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-21-2014, 12:07 AM
The amount of shorthanded goals given up this season is absolutely pathetic

LatrobePA
04-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Sid has been a turnover machine, Geno just plays lazy, The Jackets are ready to play and aren't afraid of the Pens star power. I look for the Jackets to win tonight...

Spike
04-21-2014, 12:15 PM
The amount of shorthanded goals given up this season is absolutely pathetic

It's a miracle - Danny boy and the cocky Pens getting called out by local media

Penguins' arrogance astounding

They never learn.

Every time the Penguins start to feel good about themselves, it seems they want to feel better. Good isn't good enough. They are hockey's great narcissists — hopelessly addicted to their own wondrous skill.

Their 4-3 double-overtime loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday provided yet another stirring example, in addition to costing the Penguins home-ice advantage in this first-round series.

The Penguins dominated the first period and led 3-1 going to the intermission. That kind of lead should be good enough this time of year, or as defenseman Matt Niskanen put it, “There's no reason to give up scoring chances — unnecessary ones — when you have a two-goal lead in the playoffs.”

The idea has to be to nurture the lead. To make it last. Defense should be the overriding mindset.

Only it wasn't.

That became clear when coach Dan Bylsma threw four forwards over the boards, including Evgeni Malkin at the point, for a power play six minutes into the period. The move shrieked offense. The situation called for a more conservative mindset — and it's not like the Penguins lack power play-capable defensemen.

The Blue Jackets had no business getting back in this game. Bylsma left the screen door open. Columbus had been dangerous on the penalty kill all season and had scored a short-handed goal in Game 1. There was no reason to take a chance.

Sure enough, Malkin fumbled a puck at the right point. He escaped unscathed. He then was victimized at the left point, which led to a 2-on-1 and Matt Calvert's short-handed goal.

This was sheer Penguins arrogance — and it changed the game for good. They never recaptured control. After outshooting the Blue Jackets, 15-4, in the first period, they were outshot 41-27 the rest of the way.

Afterward, Bylsma explained that he went with four forwards because it worked so well during the regular season. That is true. The Penguins had the league's top-ranked power play. But the playoffs are a different animal. Coaching staffs have way more time to break down opponent's special teams. They look for weaknesses.

Malkin on the point is a weakness.

It wasn't just the coach who fed the goal monster. The captain did, too. Sidney Crosby threw more interceptions than Neil O'Donnell in a Super Bowl. He was “credited” with a game-high four giveaways, more than the entire Columbus team, as he repeatedly attempted high-risk, cross-ice passes.

http://triblive.com/sports/joestarkey/5947875-74/penguins-power-columbus#axzz2zRI3KdjR

LatrobePA
04-21-2014, 12:29 PM
I saw that. Danny Boy thinks because he has Sid winning is a slam dunk. Uh Oh Sid has been lousy now what Dan, time to coach....

Give me Bortuzzo and get Tang out of here!

Ibleedblk&gld
04-21-2014, 01:25 PM
I too, would love to see Bortuzzo back in the game...I love the fire he plays with, and he's not afraid to finish a check, and he's willing to stand face to face with anyone

Spike
04-21-2014, 01:26 PM
Give me Bortuzzo and get Tang out of here!

Like that's ever going to happen....

Dejan Kovacevic @-Zero indication of any lineup change, other than Megna/Pyatt entering for injured Gibbons, who isn’t skating. Bennett’s back on Sid line, Stempniak still on third line. Bortuzzo/Despres still a pair, meaning they aren’t playing again. ALL IS WELL.

LatrobePA
04-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Like that's ever going to happen....

Dejan Kovacevic @-Zero indication of any lineup change, other than Megna/Pyatt entering for injured Gibbons, who isn’t skating. Bennett’s back on Sid line, Stempniak still on third line. Bortuzzo/Despres still a pair, meaning they aren’t playing again. ALL IS WELL.

If Dan had a sack he would. He benched Olli and he's a better player from it.

LatrobePA
04-21-2014, 01:29 PM
I too, would love to see Bortuzzo back in the game...I love the fire he plays with, and he's not afraid to finish a check, and he's willing to stand face to face with anyone

He plays very well against C-Bus.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-21-2014, 01:43 PM
I understand not wanting to draw penalties, but they are not playing physical at all

Spike
04-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Badger Bob Johnson ... held up three fingers, You can lose three games and still win the series.

Spike
04-21-2014, 02:03 PM
I understand not wanting to draw penalties, but they are not playing physical at all

dey soff

If Malkin's Meadowlarks think they can get away with the same sloppy play and lazy effort they've been using since the Olympics then maybe they need this wake-up call.

LatrobePA
04-21-2014, 03:17 PM
dey soff

If Malkin's Meadowlarks think they can get away with the same sloppy play and lazy effort they've been using since the Olympics then maybe they need this wake-up call.

Wake up call came Saturday...

FlatsSteeler
04-21-2014, 04:03 PM
This will be a 5 game series instead of the predicted 4........Crosby and Malikn need to turn it up for sure, I doubt that will happen for one or the other.....They both play like they are Prima Donnas... Blysma needs to take control of the two stars and not allow Crosby to dictate to the coach.....The good news out of this so far is MAF is gaining his mojo back and really has kept them in both games so far........

FlatsSteeler
04-21-2014, 04:04 PM
Mario needs to step in and have a little "Come to Jesus Meeting" with the Team as well.......He can't like what he sees from these UNDERACHIEVERS.......

Spike
04-22-2014, 12:35 AM
had em all the way!

I'm still in shock Orpik scored

http://2.cdn.nhle.com/penguins/v2/ext/GIFs/orpik4.21.14.gif

USMC607
04-22-2014, 01:43 AM
Ever since Letang came back he has taken untimely penalties, and turned over the puck in his own zone on a regular bases. I remember when some were saying he was Paul Coffey 2.0

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

USMC607
04-22-2014, 01:43 AM
7.25 mil well spent lmao.

Spike
04-22-2014, 08:46 AM
2 down and 14 wins to go!

go Pens!

go Wings!

LatrobePA
04-22-2014, 09:56 AM
They played like a bunch of bums for 57 minutes... They have to get their shti together! I still think they need wild man Bortuzzo in there...

Spike
04-22-2014, 10:43 AM
A spin-o-rama, toe-drag goal from Brooks ****ing Orpik

If that isn't a miracle on ice, I don't know what is.

It's a sign

LatrobePA
04-22-2014, 10:58 AM
A spin-o-rama, toe-drag goal from Brooks ****ing Orpik

If that isn't a miracle on ice, I don't know what is.

It's a sign

Brooks looked more like Sid and Sid looked more like Brooks. LOL

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Brooks looked more like Sid and Sid looked more like Brooks. LOL

True story...they have Dubinski all over Sid every chance he gets...we need a scrapper like Bortuzzo in there to put an end to that

LatrobePA
04-22-2014, 01:25 PM
True story...they have Dubinski all over Sid every chance he gets...we need a scrapper like Bortuzzo in there to put an end to that

Tuzzo is a scrapper for sure, pisses me off they won't let him start.

LatrobePA
04-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Quote of the day from Jack Off Johnson:

Game 4 can't come fast enough. We're pretty anxious to play them again. They're nothing special. We're a pretty damn good hockey team too. We're not shying away from anything. We're in this series to win the Stanley Cup, and they're in our way to win it.

— Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson said after his team's loss to the Penguins in Game 3 of their Round 1 Stanley Cup Playoffs series

Spike
04-23-2014, 11:28 AM
interesting...

Any real chance Scuderi sits for Bortuzzo/Engalland?

Dejan Kovacevic: We'll know for sure after practice, but I seriously doubt it. It's worth noting, though, that Kris Letang was paired with Olli Maatta quite a bit later in the game, and that Scuderi logged a low total of 14 minutes of ice. You might see more of that sort of thing, but a scratch ... man, imagine the embarrassment after signing him to that big contract.

Don't misunderstand. I wouldn't play him. I'm just saying the Penguins will.

When you say the Penguins try to control what is said and or written about the team, does that come from the PR Department, coaching staff, Shero, or even higher up?

Dejan Kovacevic: I don't know where it originates, though I know it's manifested at the level of the communications department. No other team in Pittsburgh behaves that way. No other team which I'm aware, though they might well exist, behaves that way. The Penguins are obsessive about controlling their message, to a freakish extent.

Heard your update on TribLive Radio. I agree 100% about Crosby. The biggest issue right now has to be that he isn't enjoying himself. Is there too much pressure on him? Is he frustrated about something?

Dejan Kovacevic: What my point was today on Ken Laird's show was that Sid just looks like he needs to start having a little fun. As I mentioned on air, Marc-Andre Fleury looked delighted with the game afterward last night, all slumped back at his stall looking like he could use a cigarette. Brandon Sutter visibly enjoyed it, too. Sid's a little tight right now, no question.

Craig Adams took a reckless high sticking penalty in the offensive zone in Game 2. Did Bylsma bench him the way he benched Jokinen for a similar offensive zone penalty, and if not, why not?

Dejan Kovacevic: If I told you that there are certain players on the team who flat-out scare the coaching staff, you wouldn't believe me, so I won't bother.

All I'm saying on that right now, too.

Is it true the Pens D are timed by the coaching staff to make quick passes forward regardless of whether it's a safe play or not? If so, are they unhappy with this?

Dejan Kovacevic: There are a lot of things about the current system that the Penguins' defensemen, current and former, do not like. An awful lot. That's one of them, but the biggest is the lack of protection on the forecheck. Everything has to go exactly right in the neutral zone for those guys to avoid getting killed, and everything doesn't always go right.

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/5988990-74/dejan-kovacevic-comment#ixzz2zdrSHkP3

LatrobePA
04-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Bortuzzo would be a difference maker I bet!!

Ibleedblk&gld
04-23-2014, 06:35 PM
So frustrating

Spike
04-23-2014, 08:16 PM
So frustrating

I am heavily medicated for the start of every game.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-23-2014, 08:17 PM
I should be

Ibleedblk&gld
04-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Letang finally finishes a check

Spike
04-23-2014, 08:20 PM
somebody do sumpthin

I believe

Ibleedblk&gld
04-23-2014, 08:22 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOO SHORTHANDED GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLL

Spike
04-23-2014, 10:50 PM
**** you Fleury you ****ing piece of ****ing ****

2 shots in 13 min and you have to go goosing for a puck behind your net with 20 sec left

OT

Ibleedblk&gld
04-23-2014, 11:15 PM
I always harp on how he leaves the net at the absolute worst times...There was no reason for him to step 1 foot out of that ****ing crease.....

USMC607
04-23-2014, 11:22 PM
Im glad i buckled up like they told me to.

Because they just rolled the car 10 times into a wall.

Spike
04-24-2014, 01:22 AM
Come on down, Tomas Vokoun

If I was owner, Shero and Bylsma would already be packing their bags and on their way out the door

I'm a vindictive god

USMC607
04-24-2014, 02:44 AM
Come on down, Tomas Vokoun

If I was owner, Shero and Bylsma would already be packing their bags and on their way out the door

I'm a vindictive god

I wouldnt mind keeping Shero. But i would give him one more chance and it would be a question. If we lose to Columbus I would ask him if we should keep or fire Bylsma. If he says fire cool. If he says keep then Shero can get **** canned with his boy.

USMC607
04-24-2014, 02:46 AM
Besides Bylsma, i would find a way to dump Adams, and Scuds since trading isnt an option. Id let Orpik, Glass walk. Id try to trade Letang and Fleury.

LatrobePA
04-24-2014, 10:21 AM
How do we all feel today???

Ibleedblk&gld
04-24-2014, 12:38 PM
I place last nights loss on the flower....100%

there is absolutely NO reason he needed to leave the crease...CBJ had an empty net and 6 players on the ice...stay your *** in the crease and wait for the puck to come to you

LatrobePA
04-24-2014, 12:59 PM
I honestly think MAF has been average at best this whole series so far, he looks rattled from puck drop!

Sid, Geno are by far the biggest busts on this team so far this Post season. Sid makes terrible passes and Malkin is just lazy.

Right now there needs to be a shake up... Scud is slow and awful why in the fcuk is Bortuzzo and Engl not playing?

FlatsSteeler
04-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Mario needs to blow up this bunch of UNDERACHIEVERS starting with Dapper Dan and Sid the Chicken........Crosby has been unavailable in the Playoffs his entire career......Malkin is just LAZY......the rest of the team is sorry for sure.......MAF is mediocre at best when he is on and horrible Playoff time.......his inexcusable blunders last night were not unusual for him.......BLOW it UP MARIO....what you have isn't working and hasn't the past few seasons......

Spike
04-24-2014, 03:16 PM
How do we all feel today???

just peachy

"We need more from our whole team. We need more from (Crosby and Malkin)." -Bylsma #Pens @penguins

uh-oh - Danny boy throwing his meal tickets under the bus...trying to save his phoney baloney job?

practice cancelled

ho ho ho

LatrobePA
04-24-2014, 03:23 PM
just peachy

"We need more from our whole team. We need more from (Crosby and Malkin)." -Bylsma #Pens @penguins

uh-oh - Danny boy throwing his meal tickets under the bus...trying to save his phoney baloney job?

practice cancelled

ho ho ho

Uh oh is right! It's time to start slamming these guys! I'm screaming for Bortuzzo, he matches up with these Jackets.. I've not seen one Pen take a shot block or finish a check. Playing like a bunch of sissies!

LatrobePA
04-24-2014, 03:28 PM
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/5983374-74/bylsma-game-net?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewpenguins+%28Peng uins+Stories%29#axzz2ziN5iyfQ

Spike
04-24-2014, 03:31 PM
there is absolutely NO reason he needed to leave the crease...CBJ had an empty net and 6 players on the ice...stay your *** in the crease and wait for the puck to come to you

I read somewhere that Letang and Scuderi were screaming at him to go get the puck, that's why he left the net

Bench them both and play Bortuzzo/Despres

LatrobePA
04-24-2014, 03:43 PM
I read somewhere that Letang and Scuderi were screaming at him to go get the puck, that's why he left the net

YESSSSSSSSS!!!

Spike
04-25-2014, 04:09 PM
YESSSSSSSSS!!!

you know it will never happen

The biggest question mark is the coaching that lets a team give up 46 shots on defense to the weakest offensive team in the playoffs - oh right , we're just "getting to our game"

LatrobePA
04-25-2014, 04:21 PM
you know it will never happen

The biggest question mark is the coaching that lets a team give up 46 shots on defense to the weakest offensive team in the playoffs - oh right , we're just "getting to our game"

Dan is a ********! He's a white version of Tomlin!!

Spike
04-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Tomlin never was humiliated on the world stage like Danny boy

Isn't this the same coach that couldn't motivate TEAM USA?

That got shutout 5-0 against Finland?

After Bylsma GUARANTEED a Bronze medal game win?

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/234/files/2014/02/8251204.jpg

http://olympics.cbc.ca/mm/Photo/Photo/General/04/91/01/49101_G08_W01.jpg

looks like our defense

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nhl/blog/022214_live2.jpg

cue the quotes...

"We're not coming home with nothing,'' Bylsma said.

“They wanted it more than us. We got outworked, and that’s what happens.”

Ibleedblk&gld
04-25-2014, 08:20 PM

That's THEIR job as DEFENDERS...

USMC607
04-26-2014, 05:58 AM
Wouldnt be shocked if they did... this team is so lazy and uninterested in games anymore. I really think Danny boy has lost control.

USMC607
04-26-2014, 05:59 AM
And thats to go along with his ****** coaching ability and system.

Spike
04-26-2014, 01:41 PM
Let's go Pens!!

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/zdar1.gif

Ibleedblk&gld
04-26-2014, 02:03 PM
They need this game at home tonight

Spike
04-27-2014, 01:07 AM
They finally listened to me - Bortuzzo takes Orpik's spot!

...and a tense little 3-1 win to take the biggest game of the series - they have to realize that they need to skate like this every night in the playoffs to have a chance.

Good job by Fleury

Ibleedblk&gld
04-27-2014, 07:05 AM
Bylsma played Sid and Geno on the same line as well

Spike
04-27-2014, 09:34 AM
Fleury had a solid game too - never left his net on dump-ins....I watched

+ better defensive zone play and coverage to the net

Amazing - Pens got shots on net with traffic in front. It's like we finally realized what type of goals you need to score in the playoffs.

FlatsSteeler
04-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Good Mental Game for MAF......Although I did see him chase Dump-ins twice behind the net Spike is right he did leave the Dumps alone most of the time....Hard habit to break in one game......

Spike
04-28-2014, 12:21 AM
it's nail-biting time all around

How about Dallas giving up a 2 goal lead with 2 minutes to go in game 6 - and they are eliminated in OT....what a wild game

and the Blues blow a 2-0 series lead to lose 4 in a row

Go Rags, a slew of game 6's coming up tomorrow

LatrobePA
04-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Living in Central Ohio I'm ready to end this series. The jokers on Ohio Fox Sports are the worst announcers that I've ever heard! Bias is an understatement, playoff hockey equals contact, these idiots didn't get that memo or the one that tells them our players names and numbers.

Spike
04-28-2014, 01:59 PM
It's not rocket surgery - - shoot the damn puck, play hard, go to the net, good things happen!

FlatsSteeler
04-28-2014, 02:18 PM
Some Pen has to have a little Gloves Off Discussion with Dubinsky about the mis-fortunes of messing with SC87......Actually I would like to see Sally Crosby hit back a little......

LatrobePA
04-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Some Pen has to have a little Gloves Off Discussion with Dubinsky about the mis-fortunes of messing with SC87......Actually I would like to see Sally Crosby hit back a little......

Bort isn't afraid!!

FlatsSteeler
04-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Bort isn't afraid!!
Notice how they hide Dubinsky he is on the ice for Face offs and when Sally is on the ice,,,,,,,,I mean Sidney......

LatrobePA
04-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Notice how they hide Dubinsky he is on the ice for Face offs and when Sally is on the ice,,,,,,,,I mean Sidney......

Cindy??? LOL

Spike
04-28-2014, 05:31 PM
another Flyers fan

Ibleedblk&gld
04-29-2014, 12:32 AM
Almost blew a 4 goal lead...but....THEY'RE ON TO THE 2ND ROUND!!!!!

Great to see Geno step up with a HUGE game

Spike
04-29-2014, 01:56 AM
had em alllllllllllllllll the way

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic · Sutter tells me he’s ‘good’ as he passes by. Didn’t look/sound concerned at all. Moving a bit gingerly.

Spike
04-29-2014, 09:30 AM
ON TO THE 2ND ROUND!!!!!

Amen!

it must really suck to be a Sharks fan

up 3-0 in the series and lose 3 in a row.....two game 7's coming up in the west - I like the Wild, want to see them beat the Avs too

LatrobePA
04-29-2014, 10:06 AM
another Flyers fan

I'm torn.... I hate Nash would love to play them but would also love to get revenge on the Flyers... hmmmmm

Spike
04-29-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm torn.... I hate Nash would love to play them but would also love to get revenge on the Flyers... hmmmmm

as horrible as the Flyers look against the Rags you know they are a different team against us

give me the Rangers - Sid owns Lundqvist

FlatsSteeler
04-29-2014, 01:10 PM
Rangers Own the Flyers......Flyers Own Us.......We Own Rangers......Seems pretty simple to me Go Rangers......I do kinda agree with Latrobe I think we owe the Flyers a beating.......PS I hate the Flyers almost as much as Boston.......

FlatsSteeler
04-29-2014, 01:35 PM
Bortuzzo was a factor as well....he needs to be in the Mix.....

Spike
04-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Bortuzzo was a factor as well....he needs to be in the Mix.....

I think it's no mystery that the best the defense has looked in months is when Orpik is out of the line-up

LatrobePA
04-29-2014, 03:58 PM
We owned the Jackets regular season too... This one's hard to pick for me but I'm with you Spike...

Spike
04-30-2014, 11:00 AM
we'll find out - game 7 in the Garden tonight - I don't think the Flyers can do it, it'll be the Rangers

FlatsSteeler
04-30-2014, 12:03 PM
I hope it's the Rangers.......Although.......A Flyer Beat Down would feel pretty good.......Followed by a Bruin Bashing......

LatrobePA
04-30-2014, 12:22 PM
I hope it's the Rangers.......Although.......A Flyer Beat Down would feel pretty good.......Followed by a Bruin Bashing......

I'm afraid the Pens won't be able to match the Flyers intensity. Lets go Rangers!!!

Ibleedblk&gld
04-30-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm afraid the Pens won't be able to match the Flyers intensity. Lets go Rangers!!!

Agreed

FlatsSteeler
04-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Agreed

It's thinking like that kept Ben Franklin from crossing the Susquehanna River to fight the Dutch during the Korean War of 1812.........

LatrobePA
04-30-2014, 02:38 PM
It's thinking like that kept Ben Franklin from crossing the Susquehanna River to fight the Dutch during the Korean War of 1812.........

Who's Ben Franklin? lol

Spike
04-30-2014, 07:39 PM
I hope it's the Rangers.......Although.......A Flyer Beat Down would feel pretty good.............

it will be a gut-wrenching loss either way to lose in 7 for them both

hope they tear the crap out of each other in 3OT

2nd rd starts Fri

Spike
04-30-2014, 10:51 PM
ha ha - Rags made the Cryers their beotches all game long - no puck luck - the gods were against the bumbling stumblers

Sid owns Lundqvist

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhKkG4PCcAAitHA.jpg

Spike
05-01-2014, 07:17 AM
so far, so good

Brooks Orpik is the only player missing from #Pens practice. Vitale, Sutter, and Gibbons all present. @penguins

LatrobePA
05-01-2014, 10:06 AM
so far, so good

Brooks Orpik is the only player missing from #Pens practice. Vitale, Sutter, and Gibbons all present. @penguins

No time for the Rangers to rest, series starts tomorrow. I like!

Spike
05-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Don't know why we have to play the back to back - 3 games in 4 days

Fri night, game 2 on Sunday, game 3 on Monday

LatrobePA
05-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Don't know why we have to play the back to back - 3 games in 4 days

Fri night, game 2 on Sunday, game 3 on Monday

That's dumb.

Spike
05-02-2014, 01:45 AM
Nice job Habs - hopefully the rest of the games in that series go to 2OT.

LatrobePA
05-02-2014, 09:26 AM
I went to bed after the first OT thinking the Bruins were going to win.. Glad to wake up and see the score!

Spike
05-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Get in the fast lane grandma, the bingo game is ready to roll

LatrobePA
05-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Get in the fast lane grandma, the bingo game is ready to roll

YESSSSSSS!

Spike
05-02-2014, 11:52 PM
with Orpik out that leaves Scuderi as our next worst D man - and it showed

If I was coach I'd consider sitting Sid for Gibbons for a few shifts, looks like Sid left his legs in Sochi

Pens were extremely lucky this game even made it to OT