PDA

View Full Version : Possibilty of El coming home?

K Train
02-14-2007, 12:15 PM
I was just thinking that since the skins are in cap hell now and are over as it is, they wont be able to keep all of there overpaid superstars. Is there a chance El wants to come back and return kicks for us? Hes a decent WR and i would rather have him as our 3rd than Wilson, we wont by any means give him the money washington gave him, not even close, but no team will...he did nothing in washington.

Mabey he will want to come back because this is where he has success, in our system.

just a though, but i doubt hes in washington next year, unless he take a huge paycut which i dont think he will want to do on such a bad team.

BlitzburghNation
02-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Don't think it's possible,the skins would take to much of a cap hit,,,,,,,,

K Train
02-14-2007, 12:23 PM
im not sure what they are gonna do or what the can do...they have dug themselves into a hole

Steelerlyn
02-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Why want him back? Remember "God showed him the way." In reality the Skins owner showed him way too much money to turn down, he is one talented athlete. I know him from the Big 10 where he almost singlehandly ruined more than one Michigan State homecoming. But his interests are more in money and the Rooney's do not feel he is worth it. Plus he ran East & West ore than North & South. But he was great on the trick plays. Nuff said:bigthumb:

BlitzburghNation
02-14-2007, 12:29 PM
"oh yeah " The skins are screwed ,,,,,,,, el come on pretty strong toward the end of the year maybe they'll realize what the've got and use him more this year !

K Train
02-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Why want him back?

because he was a beast of a returner lol, but now that i think about it, santonio came on late in the season but i want him catching TDs, hopefully reid will be back, but we cant deny what el did for our ST

Steelerlyn
02-14-2007, 12:36 PM
We have some talent, El chose not to stay here. More money to be made and noone can fault him for that. LOL

K Train
02-14-2007, 12:47 PM
it was just a thought, i was reading about the redskins situation and it said there was a possiblity of him being released

AZ_Steeler
02-14-2007, 12:51 PM
The Steelers don't need El... they have Holmes!

K Train
02-14-2007, 01:00 PM
The Steelers don't need El... they have Holmes!
lmao i know that, but i want holmes playing across from ward and focusing on catching us lots of TDs, i want els returning numbers back, i dont care who is doing it i just want our ST to be good again lol

im gonna look for the article about the skins/his situation

TEEMONT
02-14-2007, 01:03 PM
lmao i know that, but i want holmes playing across from ward and focusing on catching us lots of TDs, i want els returning numbers back, i dont care who is doing it i just want our ST to be good again lol

So santonio can't be no. 2 WR and return punts? El did.

K Train
02-14-2007, 01:04 PM
So santonio can't be no. 2 WR and return punts? El did.

el also only had 1 TD and 35 catches

Black@Gold Forever32
02-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Ok, Santonio Holmes is a very good WR and he made alot of strides this year as a WR. But I don't want him returning punts at all. I know he was better toward the end of the year as a returner but all those fumbles shows Holmes doesn't have that feel for punt returning. So have it and some don't. As for El coming back to the Steelers. I know I would rather have him then Wilson as a WR and then El could go back to returning punts.

But I still want to see what a healthy Willie Reid can do. If he can stay healthy and become the punt returner he was at Florida State then there would be no need to bring back El.

BR7
02-14-2007, 02:01 PM
I'd love to see El back in the black-n-gold. But it isn't gonna happen. The Skins been digging themselves a hole for the last 6 or so years. "Trying to buy a championship."

I think they'd take a huge cap hit for releasing/trading him. Which would make that deep hole even deeper. They have some major problems and thats what he gets for being greedy. See ya El.

LonghornSteelerzFan
02-14-2007, 02:16 PM
El would be nice but I'd like to see how Reid does at returning too. Honestly I think we have enough talent at Receiver and plus even if Wash. cut El, Rooney wouldn't be willing to pick him up for what Wash paid for him.

K Train
02-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Ok, Santonio Holmes is a very good WR and he made alot of strides this year as a WR. But I don't want him returning punts at all. I know he was better toward the end of the year as a returner but all those fumbles shows Holmes doesn't have that feel for punt returning. So have it and some don't. As for El coming back to the Steelers. I know I would rather have him then Wilson as a WR and then El could go back to returning punts.

But I still want to see what a healthy Willie Reid can do. If he can stay healthy and become the punt returner he was at Florida State then there would be no need to bring back El.

i agree

Santonio should only focus on being a WR, i hope Reid come back, but there have been ZERO reports on his injury since it happened, it mightve been another cowher thing, he didnt dress him till midseason which tells me he didnt want him to play regardless because of his love affair with colclough. Reid says he doesnt like returning kicks and punts....he loves it, thats an attidtude i want in a return man.

TEEMONT
02-14-2007, 02:44 PM
el also only had 1 TD and 35 catches

Nothing El coulda done about that, he didn't ge thrown to that often.

DIESELMAN
02-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Like someone else said, El made his decision and left for greener pastures. He got the greener alright but it wasn't on the field. I'm not saying him staying would've got us another championship but he chose the money over the possibility of another Lombardi.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Unless ARE would come back for a mad cheap money, no thanks. We're doing well with our guys, and we still haven't tapped Reids potential yet