PDA

View Full Version : Steelers will NOT be docked a draft pick for Tomlin incident

Big T
03-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Steelers President Art Rooney II said today that the NFL has informed the team it will not be docked a pick in the 2014 Draft because of the incident involving Coach Mike Tomlin in the Thanksgiving night game against the Ravens in Baltimore.

For straying onto the field during a kickoff return by Jacoby Jones, Tomlin was fined $100,000, and at the time the NFL informed the Steelers that it could inflict additional punishment in the form of making the team forfeit a pick in this year’s draft. Now, that will not happen.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-wont-be-docked-a-pick/ad2b5e29-6245-4635-86bb-1098f585b801

Ibleedblk&gld
03-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Steelers won't lose draft pick for Tomlin sideline incident

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-wont-be-docked-a-pick/ad2b5e29-6245-4635-86bb-1098f585b801

Ibleedblk&gld
03-20-2014, 03:47 PM
I give up.....

Big T
03-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Lol perfect timing again

Big T
03-20-2014, 03:48 PM
I give up.....

Lololololol

Ibleedblk&gld
03-20-2014, 03:48 PM
lol son of a bitch....

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 03:50 PM
chalk another one up in the "wrong" column for RDS

Big T
03-20-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm just going to leave this here...

Big T..

I'm calling you out. You called me a drama queen for saying that we would lose draft picks..........well here's the latest you little girl. We ARE losing draft picks according to CBSsports.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24368513/steelers-will-face-draft-pick-compensation-from-mike-tomlin-incident

So I want to see if your man enough to admit your wrong or are you still going to act like the girl you've been acting like and just ingnore that you've been WRONG AGAIN FOR THE 5TH TIME since you and I went head to head.

Just admit your wrong. And stop acting like a woman.

I suggest re-reading the whole thread. It's quite entertaining.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php/40224-Tomlin-Fined-100-000-00-League-considering-forfiture-of-draft-picks!?highlight=Losing+picks+Tomlin

TarlsQtr
03-20-2014, 04:05 PM

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php/40224-Tomlin-Fined-100-000-00-League-considering-forfiture-of-draft-picks!?highlight=Losing+picks+Tomlin

LOL I remember that very well.

From the same thread and same commenter:

...he's getting draft picks taken away from us...couple with..WE DON'T USE FREE AGENCY! See how bad what he's done really is?

Clevelandsux
03-20-2014, 04:38 PM
Only good news of the day.

Real Deal Steel
03-20-2014, 04:52 PM
Great news.

Real Deal Steel
03-20-2014, 04:59 PM

Well, the 4 points it cost the Ravens didn't affect their ability to make the playoffs. So no further punishment was necessary. So we got off lucky. But I'm happy about that. We don't need any picks taken.

But you were still wrong at the time, because the article stated (at the time) for a fact we would be losing a pick.

Oh...I get it.....you feel that your finally beat me in making a point! Ohhhhhhh...okay. Well your record against me now is

1 win, and 5 loses. Hahahahahahahaha

And as usual Frick and Dick follow anything about me around like the girl in the movie, "Single, White, Female". That's why I keep them on ignore. LOL

Real Deal Steel
03-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Big T,

Thanks for keeping that article. Shows me how much I'm obviously in your head to get even. LOL. You'll never do it because your wrong too much. But keep hope alive. LOL. Wow..I really dominate your mind huh? You keep grudge and everything like....never mind. Hahahahahaha

Big T
03-20-2014, 05:13 PM
It's too bad he's "not around" any longer...

All the usual know it alls on this forum, specifically the ones who were laughing at others complaining about a draft pick loss should draw a picture of themselves with their mouths stuffed with **** and post it in this thread for all to see.

Big T
03-20-2014, 05:15 PM
RDS is so cute when he gets all defensive and sarcastic

Real Deal Steel
03-20-2014, 05:55 PM
It's all good Big T.

I"ve been right 5 out of 6 times. I like the percentage of that. LOL. Plus, you need hope so as long as it's a one out of six ratio for you, I can live with that.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 07:04 PM
But you were still wrong at the time, because the article stated (at the time) for a fact we would be losing a pick.

You are illiterate

Black@Gold Forever32
03-21-2014, 12:23 AM
I have my issues with Coach Cliche but the whole sideline thing was over blown big time.....Really it was ridiculous......About as ridiculous as my attitude toward the team this past season.....Man I was really pissed at them......****ers better bounce back to 10-11 win this year.....lol

Real Deal Steel
03-21-2014, 09:57 AM
I have my issues with Coach Cliche but the whole sideline thing was over blown big time.....Really it was ridiculous......About as ridiculous as my attitude toward the team this past season.....Man I was really pissed at them......****ers better bounce back to 10-11 win this year.....lol

We were 8-8. I'm hoping we get that "playmaker" that is good for atleast one additional win. Couple that with an improvement in the running game and that trickling down to Ben being more healthy and we should get to 10-11 wins. At least that's what I'm hoping. We need that impact "playmaker" with our first round pick. Be it Evans, Be it Gilbert (Dennard), Be it Benjamin or Mosley.

I want the first two guys we draft to be starters. I don't want this sit for three years sh!t that LeBeau does with his players anymore.

LatrobePA
03-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Who's Ben gonna throw the ball to??? LOL AB? Wheaton that showed nothing?? This team will be lucky to win 8 again! Load the box stop the run and sack, sack, sack, sack.....

Real Deal Steel
03-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Latrobe, I know you don't believe it now, but I think Wheaton is a player. I really do. I think he's going to surprise all the people who don't really think that much of him. But we do need to add another WR (or maybe Ebron).

We need to give Ben three good options in the passing game. I really feel that AB and Wheaton are two of them. Just want to add one more and then hope Munchak and the O-line come around.

LatrobePA
03-21-2014, 12:06 PM
I think he can but how can a team let players walk with no proof on their replacements? I'm OK with Sanders leaving but Cotch has me just scratching the sh!t out of my head!

Latrobe, I know you don't believe it now, but I think Wheaton is a player. I really do. I think he's going to surprise all the people who don't really think that much of him. But we do need to add another WR (or maybe Ebron).

We need to give Ben three good options in the passing game. I really feel that AB and Wheaton are two of them. Just want to add one more and then hope Munchak and the O-line come around.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-21-2014, 12:09 PM

you just implied that Heath Miller was not a good option in the passing game

we call that "RDSing"

Big T
03-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Who's Ben gonna throw the ball to??? LOL AB? Wheaton that showed nothing?? This team will be lucky to win 8 again! Load the box stop the run and sack, sack, sack, sack.....

Reading this post, you would think the regular season starts tomorrow... It's March.

LatrobePA
03-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Reading this post, you would think the regular season starts tomorrow... It's March.

LOL dude you suck... Absolutely love being the shark out here huh? The fn team went 8-8 two seasons in a row, so far they've let more players walk and have only signed two, a fat lazy slob NT and a DB that is still unproven. Now top that with us losing most of our WR / RB core. Who is Ben suppose to throw to?? AB?? Heath??? Who runs the ball when Bell gets hurt??

Ibleedblk&gld
03-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Odell Beckham Jr. is really growing on me...I keep watching his highlights on youtube, and I just went to NFL.com and the main heading shows him with the steelers logo in the background...like I said in another thread, from what little bit I've seen, dude has feet and seems to catch anything and everything thrown his way

Big T
03-21-2014, 01:19 PM
LOL dude you suck... Absolutely love being the shark out here huh? The fn team went 8-8 two seasons in a row, so far they've let more players walk and have only signed two, a fat lazy slob NT and a DB that is still unproven. Now top that with us losing most of our WR / RB core. Who is Ben suppose to throw to?? AB?? Heath??? Who runs the ball when Bell gets hurt??

Like I said, it's March. Have like $2.7M in cap space right now. Not a lot to work with. They'll probably restructure Timmons (surprised that hasn't happened already), extend a couple guys, and there's still the draft. And they get 8M in cap space come June 2 from cutting Woodley. I guarantee you that they aren't done signing free agents.

Real Deal Steel
03-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Factoring in the money, but 5 mil of that is to sign the draft pool.

I forget when are the comp. picks given? I'm anxious. LOL

steelchamp204
03-21-2014, 01:45 PM
They should have plenty of money next season to sign "key" free agents. We all knew this would be some sort of process holding onto guys to long and giving out big contracts. I mean, come on.

K Train
03-21-2014, 01:46 PM
I hope they dont restructure timmons, stop kicking the can down the road

NeilPatrickBanana
03-21-2014, 02:47 PM

It's amazing how little you factor in the growth expected from our rebuilt YOUNG team.

FYI Mitchell was the starting FS for one of the leagues best defenses, he's hardly "unproven"

steelchamp204
03-21-2014, 03:02 PM
It's amazing how little you factor in the growth expected from our rebuilt YOUNG team.

FYI Mitchell was the starting FS for one of the leagues best defenses, he's hardly "unproven"

With a dominant front 7. It all starts up front with defenses, let's see if he can do the same this season. 1 season doesn't make a career.

TarlsQtr
03-21-2014, 03:25 PM
I forget when are the comp. picks given? I'm anxious. LOL

Should be next week.