PDA

View Full Version : Crotchety signs with Carolina

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Too bad...

Ibleedblk&gld
03-20-2014, 12:44 PM
for those wondering (since you didn't post anything, lol)

Retweeted by NFL Network
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet ·12m
The #Panthers are on the verge of landing a WR. Really. Source says they are closing in on a deal with Jerricho Cotchery.

steelchamp204
03-20-2014, 12:45 PM
This offseason is brutal.

greg1964
03-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Sorry....to see him leave: real pro......he had a chance to start for Carolina, he would have been #3 hear. I wish him the best.

JackLambert
03-20-2014, 01:00 PM
..............and now I'm pissed. WTF are we doing? Lots of roster holes. Lots of players leaving. Lots of visits. No one getting signed. Are we punting 2014 like the last two seasons?

K Train
03-20-2014, 01:01 PM
They are moving up for Watkins or Evans or taking Benjamin at 15.

Which I am ok with, especially watkins, please watkins

JenZwain
03-20-2014, 01:03 PM
We could only be so lucky to get Watkins...that guy is an animal.

JackLambert
03-20-2014, 01:04 PM

Awesome. They better put up 40 every game with this defense...

coldrolled
03-20-2014, 01:10 PM

The only way we move up and get Watkins with the holes we have is trading Ben...

steelchamp204
03-20-2014, 01:11 PM

Yea, and lose draft picks. Which is what this team needs.

Here comes another .500 season

K Train
03-20-2014, 01:12 PM
The only way we move up and get Watkins with the holes we have is trading Ben...

Bills would be my target, they could move down a few spots and get Ebron still

Theres no bigger hole on the team than #2 WR. Pretty much have starters set at every other position except maybe one MLB spot and RDE.

K Train
03-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Yea, and lose draft picks. Which is what this team needs.

Here comes another .500 season
And gain a star player, which the team desperately needs

steelchamp204
03-20-2014, 01:17 PM
And gain a star player, which the team desperately needs

Im not trading up when WR is deep in the draft. When this team needs much needed added depth at DL/rb/WR/St

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Bills would be my target, they could move down a few spots and get Ebron still

Theres no bigger hole on the team than #2 WR. Pretty much have starters set at every other position except maybe one MLB spot and RDE.

I posted that in the trade up thread...

If we really want Watkins, I think we have to try to get to Atlanta at #6. If QBs start slipping in the draft, while teams go for Pass Rushers early... Atlanta could legitimately be in a worst case scenario (Clowney, Carr, Mack all off the board). Tampa Bay at #7, probably takes Watkins

K Train
03-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Im not trading up when WR is deep in the draft. When this team needs much needed added depth at DL/rb/WR/St

Its "deep" at WR but very top heavy, cant just expect a 3rd round caliber guy to step in and start opposite brown..could happen, but wheaton and sanders couldnt do that, willie reid couldnt crack any lineup, sweed could never start.

Holmes and Burress did though, wallace was more of a #3

Lets say they move up 5 spots and give up a 4th and a 6th or something next year.

1) Mike Evans Day one starter at #2 WR
2) Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU
3 Comp) Zach Kerr NT Delaware, 330 pounds but moves like hes 270 and has an incredible motor
5) Brent Urban DE Virgina
5 comp) EJ Gaines CB Mizzou
7) Isaiah Crowell RB Alabama St (unlikely lol)
7 comp) Colt Lyleria TE Oregon (highly unlikely but this is where i mock criminals lol)

Oline) Adams, Gilbert, Decastro, Pouncey, Beachum, Whimper, Foster, Wallace
WR) Brown, Evans, Wheaton, Moye, sign Moore?
TE) Miller, Lyleria, Spaeth
RB) Bell, Crowell, JOnes/LSH?

DL) Sign Carrington or Keisel, Heyward, Urban, Kerr, Mcclendon, Thomas, Arnfelt/Williams
OLB) Jones, Worilds, Van Noy, sign harrison?
MLB, Timmons, Spence, Williams, harrison here too?
CB) Ike, Allen, Gay, Gaines
S) Troy, Mitchell, Shamarko, Allen

Just spewing examples, but a good draft can be had with less picks, especially in as you said...a deep draft, having a ton of picks hasnt really helped them lately, urgency to get the best players on the roster might help, they have depth and lack star power at several positions

K Train
03-20-2014, 01:36 PM
I posted that in the trade up thread...

If we really want Watkins, I think we have to try to get to Atlanta at #6. If QBs start slipping in the draft, while teams go for Pass Rushers early... Atlanta could legitimately be in a worst case scenario (Clowney, Carr, Mack all off the board). Tampa Bay at #7, probably takes Watkins
Best case scenerio is the falcons trade up to get clowney and rams still want to move down from #6, they would probably do it cheaply too just to gather picks

TarlsQtr
03-20-2014, 01:37 PM
First, this season is not doomed because we lost Cotchery. There are a lot of other options out there in free agency and the draft.

Trading up for Watkins is silly.

There is a lot of depth at the WR position. Watkins is the best WR on the board, with little doubt. However, the gap between him and Benjamin (or even a 2nd rounder like Moncrief) is not worth the additional picks. Benjamin/Mosley/Dennard/Gilbert and a second rounder (and it would cost more than that) > Watkins.

I would be all in on trading for Watkins if we did not have a lot of holes to fill. We do.

USMC607
03-20-2014, 01:38 PM
Also MJD left without a contract.

Although he said he wants to visit any place interested before making a decision.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

TarlsQtr
03-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Best case scenerio is the falcons trade up to get clowney and rams still want to move down from #6, they would probably do it cheaply too just to gather picks

A 2nd and a 4th this season would not even be enough to move to 6. (I believe it is 550 points needed after we give our 15 pick.) We would essentially have Watkins and a 3rd round comp pick (we hope) in the first four rounds and still would have to give them something from next season.

No way.

steelchamp204
03-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Its "deep" at WR but very top heavy, cant just expect a 3rd round caliber guy to step in and start opposite brown..could happen, but wheaton and sanders couldnt do that, willie reid couldnt crack any lineup, sweed could never start.

Lets say they move up 5 spots and give up a 4th and a 6th or something next year.

2) Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU
3 Comp) Zach Kerr NT Delaware, 330 pounds but moves like hes 270 and has an incredible motor
7 comp) Colt Lyleria TE Oregon (highly unlikely but this is where i mock criminals lol)

DL) Sign Carrington or Keisel, Heyward, Urban, Kerr, Mcclendon, Thomas, Arnfelt/Williams

Just spewing examples, but a good draft can be had with less picks, especially in as you said...a deep draft, having a ton of picks hasnt really helped them lately, urgency to get the best players on the roster might help, they have depth and lack star power at several positions

I would be ALL for it, BUT. Colbert/Tomlin better hit this draft class right on the head then. That's what I lack confidence in.

You reall think Kerr is a 3rd round guy?? I think he will be there in the later rounds. I am all for Kerr, just thought he would be a 5-6 round guy.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 01:50 PM
First, this season is not doomed because we lost Cotchery. There are a lot of other options out there in free agency and the draft.

Trading up for Watkins is silly.

There is a lot of depth at the WR position. Watkins is the best WR on the board, with little doubt. However, the gap between him and Benjamin (or even a 2nd rounder like Moncrief) is not worth the additional picks. Benjamin/Mosley/Dennard/Gilbert and a second rounder (and it would cost more than that) > Watkins.

I would be all in on trading for Watkins if we did not have a lot of holes to fill. We do.

I think there is a significant difference between Watkins and the rest.

It's the choice between Julio Jones and a bunch of WRs of which a couple might turn out to be really good...

This is the deepest WR class in a long time (I think up to 10 WRs could go before our 2nd rounder)

If the choice is between:
A) A very good defensive player in the 1st and a WR who might be really good in the 2nd
B) A reach for a WR with question marks/elite potential in 1st and a good player in the 2nd
C) Sammy Watkins and no 2nd rounder

I take C every time and twice on Sundays

K Train
03-20-2014, 01:52 PM
A 2nd and a 4th this season would not even be enough to move to 6. (I believe it is 550 points needed after we give our 15 pick.) We would essentially have Watkins and a 3rd round comp pick (we hope) in the first four rounds and still would have to give them something from next season.

No way.
Netting a second rounder from the steelers would be very valuable to the rams on top of what they traded clowney for, that was my point.

They could end up with 15(1), 37(2), 44(2), 46(2), 68(3), 75(3) in the first 3 rounds

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 01:52 PM

2) Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU

great mock, it would be awesome if KVN lasted that long for us.

K Train
03-20-2014, 01:53 PM

It's the choice between Julio Jones and a bunch of WRs of which a couple might turn out to be really good...

This is the deepest WR class in a long time (I think up to 10 WRs could go before our 2nd rounder)

A) A very good defensive player in the 1st and a WR who might be really good in the 2nd
B) A reach for a WR with question marks/elite potential in 1st and a good player in the 2nd

Absolutely, not ending up with julio jones and getting greg little is my worst nightmare

Big T
03-20-2014, 01:54 PM

Agreed. Watkins is the real deal. I'd be ecstatic if we moved up for him, even if it means giving up our 2nd+... He and Brown would be arguably the most dynamic receiver duo in the game. Sprinkle in a little Wheaton in the slot and Heath Miller. Add that to Ben, Bell, and a likely improved O line... Could have something on offense haha

K Train
03-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Everybody wants to go deense defense defense because they were shaky last year but everyone bitches when the offense struggles in the redzone lol. Between adding bell last year and watkins this year the steelers are primed for the stretch run of bens career on offense

TarlsQtr
03-20-2014, 01:58 PM
I believe you are underestimating Benjamin (who should be there) or Evans (possible but not probable). Neither would be a reach (although you may be able to go back a few slots for Benjamin) at 15 talent wise, IMO.

Just an FYI, Draftek has Evans going to the Seahawks at 32. I think their computer is retarded.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Watkins is as close to a sure thing as you get in the NFL draft. You draft Watkins and you are immediately a better team. You draft Watkins, and your passing game is immediately transformed.

You draft WR So and So and Cross Your Fingers 2nd Round Corner... and maybe you are a better team... maybe not...

K Train
03-20-2014, 02:02 PM
Watkins is Julio jones in the air and down the field, but hes Cordarelle patterson in the screen game (which the steelers go nuts for)

Maybe not as big as julio, maybe not as good in open field as patterson but he has the best qualities of both

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 02:03 PM
I believe you are underestimating Benjamin (who should be there) or Evans (possible but not probable). Neither would be a reach (although you may be able to go back a few slots for Benjamin) at 15 talent wise, IMO.

Just an FYI, Draftek has Evans going to the Seahawks at 32. I think their computer is retarded.

I think I'm Benjamin's biggest backer/fan on the board.

But the reality is that he is a boom/bust prospect

K Train
03-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Im hesitantly ok with benjamin at 15

TarlsQtr
03-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Everybody wants to go deense defense defense because they were shaky last year but everyone bitches when the offense struggles in the redzone lol. Between adding bell last year and watkins this year the steelers are primed for the stretch run of bens career on offense

No, I just see more value in Lee/Benjamin, for example, and a second rounder. We may even be able to trade a few spots back, get Benjamin, an extra pick (or better position in another round), and keep a second.

The problem I have is everyone throwing out 2nd round failures from the past (e.g. Limas Sweed) to justify giving it up this season. You cannot draft with that thinking. I am all for giving Ben the tools he needs to win but do not believe we should abandon the D to do it.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 02:08 PM

No way.

1564 for 1600

its more than close enough hypothetically

I'd do it... no questions asked.

It's mostly a moot point... Watkins will probably go #2

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 02:11 PM
No, I just see more value in Lee/Benjamin, for example, and a second rounder. We may even be able to trade a few spots back, get Benjamin, an extra pick (or better position in another round), and keep a second.

The problem I have is everyone throwing out 2nd round failures from the past (e.g. Limas Sweed) to justify giving it up this season. You cannot draft with that thinking. I am all for giving Ben the tools he needs to win but do not believe we should abandon the D to do it.

If you believe Watkins is a sure thing, measuring the success rate of the past is a logical thing to do... not just OUR success rate... but the success rate of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds in total.

K Train
03-20-2014, 02:12 PM
The d has to be addressed, but I am ok with sacrificing the 2nd rounder at the benefit of the offense though.

Id be ok sacrificing the second rounder for defense too if they want to get clowney lol, or if they could add a player like suh or earl thomas.....but my guy of that caliber this year happens to play WR for clemson

LatrobePA
03-20-2014, 02:13 PM
This team must not want to contend. Going into this season with one proven WR is very stupid!!

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 02:17 PM
The d has to be addressed, but I am ok with sacrificing the 2nd rounder at the benefit of the offense though.

Id be ok sacrificing the second rounder for defense too if they want to get clowney lol, or if they could add a player like suh or earl thomas.....but my guy of that caliber this year happens to play WR for clemson

exactly...

I would give our 1st, 2nd, and 4th for Julio Jones
I would give our 1st, 2nd, and 4th for JJ Watt
I would give our 1st, 2nd, and 4th for Earl Thomas

That's the type of player Watkins would be for us... a game changer.

I want a game changer
And I want one a lot more than a collection of:
a 1st rounder with 50% chance of being an above average starter
a 2nd rounder with a 25% chance of being an above average starter
a 4th rounder with very little chance of being an above average starter

coldrolled
03-20-2014, 02:18 PM
This team must not want to contend. Going into this season with one proven WR is very stupid!!

Lee, Evans or Ebron in the first as it stands now...

LatrobePA
03-20-2014, 02:19 PM
Lee, Evans or Ebron in the first as it stands now...

That must be their plans... I'm still scratching my head!! Wonder what Ben thinks right now???

Big T
03-20-2014, 02:22 PM
I think I'm Benjamin's biggest backer/fan on the board.

But the reality is that he is a boom/bust prospect

At least one if them lol (B@GForever32, myself)...

If it's a choice between Benjamin at 15 or Watkins by giving up 15 plus a second, I go Watkins in a heartbeat.

Big T
03-20-2014, 02:23 PM
exactly...

I would give our 1st, 2nd, and 4th for Julio Jones
I would give our 1st, 2nd, and 4th for JJ Watt
I would give our 1st, 2nd, and 4th for Earl Thomas

That's the type of player Watkins would be for us... a game changer.

I want a game changer
And I want one a lot more than a collection of:
a 1st rounder with 50% chance of being an above average starter
a 2nd rounder with a 25% chance of being an above average starter
a 4th rounder with very little chance of being an above average starter

Agreed with you and Train. No doubt.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 02:24 PM

that's pretty premature... it's march

Real Deal Steel
03-20-2014, 02:26 PM
..............and now I'm pissed. WTF are we doing? Lots of roster holes. Lots of players leaving. Lots of visits. No one getting signed. Are we punting 2014 like the last two seasons?

We are relying on Wheaton. That's what we're doing. I have no problem with that.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 02:31 PM
Agreed with you and Train. No doubt.

look at 2007.... this is probably the BEST case argument for Tarlsqtr

#15 Timmons
#47 Woodley
#132 McBean

That's probably the ideal example of maximizing your quantity in picks...

but would you in hindsight have preferred trading them all for #7 Adrian Peterson?

Maybe it's debatable.... but that's the point, even in the best case scenario, it's still debatable... and we it's unlikely that the picks turn into a best case scenario this year.

K Train
03-20-2014, 02:48 PM
I dont know if I would have done it for a RB, maybe. I was in lust with michael bush that year fwiw

But i would have done it for calvin

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 02:51 PM
I dont know if I would have done it for a RB, maybe. I was in lust with michael bush that year fwiw

But i would have done it for calvin

Ben's play action with Adrian in the backfield... giveth me moreth

K Train
03-20-2014, 02:57 PM
I think hes the best runner ive seen in my life, but the concerns were legit with him. Upright runners, bunch of nagging injuries..even when he got to the vikes they told him he needs to get tougher and play through things, and he did.

I stand by that he is the only player ive ever seen that was physically ready for the NFL out of high school

Big T
03-20-2014, 03:03 PM
I stand by that he is the only player ive ever seen that was physically ready for the NFL out of high school

I think Clowney could probably be put into that category as well.

JackLambert
03-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Two year deal in Carolina. No terms yet.

coldrolled
03-20-2014, 03:10 PM
Two year deal in Carolina. No terms yet.

$5 million

TarlsQtr
03-20-2014, 03:19 PM
look at 2007.... this is probably the BEST case argument for Tarlsqtr

#15 Timmons
#47 Woodley
#132 McBean

That's probably the ideal example of maximizing your quantity in picks...

but would you in hindsight have preferred trading them all for #7 Adrian Peterson?

Maybe it's debatable.... but that's the point, even in the best case scenario, it's still debatable... and we it's unlikely that the picks turn into a best case scenario this year.

You run on the straight assumption that Watkins will be the next Calvin Johnson. That is not a bad assumption, mind you, but nowhere near a sure thing. Plenty of guys with his hype and talent have not lived up to it. The player does not even have to be a "bust." Even "above average" or injury problems with Watkins for what we would have to give up would put the team back 2-3 years.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 03:27 PM
You run on the straight assumption that Watkins will be the next Calvin Johnson. That is not a bad assumption, mind you, but nowhere near a sure thing. Plenty of guys with his hype and talent have not lived up to it. The player does not even have to be a "bust." Even "above average" or injury problems with Watkins for what we would have to give up would put the team back 2-3 years.

correction, the next Julio Jones.

I think it's far far far more likely that Benjamin and 2nd round CB are BOTH busts, than Watkins is....

I'm not assuming that Watkins will be a star... I am analzing his game and project it as a very likely outcome. As much as I like Benjamin, I think it's less than 50% chance he becomes one.

The 2nd round speaks for itself....

Your position seems to be simply quantity based, and not impacted by observable talent.

Big T
03-20-2014, 03:29 PM
@rayfitt1: RT @josephperson: Cotchery said "whatever you think of the history and tradition" with Steelers "and how they treat their players, it's true."

JackLambert
03-20-2014, 03:32 PM
@rayfitt1: RT @josephperson: Cotchery said "whatever you think of the history and tradition" with Steelers "and how they treat their players, it's true."

"Just don't ask for a 2/5 deal. That's way too much bread for them."

Clevelandsux
03-20-2014, 03:42 PM

I highly doubt steelers trade up for Watkins. Wishful thinking. Team has too many other holes that need to be filled.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 03:49 PM

I love being a Steelers fan

NeilPatrickBanana
03-20-2014, 03:50 PM
I highly doubt steelers trade up for Watkins. Wishful thinking. Team has too many other holes that need to be filled.

it's a completely implausible hypothetical... but it's interesting for discussion from the perspective of the individual points of view it raises on the board.

coldrolled
03-20-2014, 04:13 PM

And if "Hes Money" then hes a bust also, because we wont be paying $70 million when its time, and then hes ends up in NYC.

coldrolled
03-20-2014, 04:16 PM

he left out .. And Worthless when signing FA's like him

ChucktownSteeler
03-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Anyone have Holmes' phone number? Wonder how Plex's shoulder healed?

SCR
03-20-2014, 04:43 PM
If Sidney Rice is at all healthy and willing to take a 1 year deal with something like a $1mil base value and lots and lots of incentives, that'd be something worth looking at.

Big T
03-20-2014, 04:49 PM
If Sidney Rice is at all healthy and willing to take a 1 year deal with something like a $1mil base value and lots and lots of incentives, that'd be something worth looking at.

@EdBouchette: "@BRus1319: @EdBouchette any truth to a Sidney Rice visit this week?" ... No

Mr.wizard
03-20-2014, 06:21 PM

2) Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU

Wallace was more of a number 3? I know steeler fans don't like Wallace but come on!

Big T
03-20-2014, 06:32 PM
Wallace was more of a number 3? I know steeler fans don't like Wallace but come on!

His first year. Yes, he was the third receiver behind Holmes and Ward.

Mr.wizard
03-20-2014, 06:46 PM
His first year. Yes, he was the third receiver behind Holmes and Ward.

Oh I misunderstood I thought he meant the time he was here, my apologies.

SCR
03-20-2014, 08:37 PM
@EdBouchette: "@BRus1319: @EdBouchette any truth to a Sidney Rice visit this week?" ... No

Welp. Jason Avant is still out there, isn't he? His skill set is pretty damn similar to Cotchery's.

LASVEGASGUY
03-20-2014, 11:26 PM

but, but, but I thought everyone wanted to play for Tomlin? Well on the bright side all the Tomlin lovers now have an excuse when we go 4-12. Instead of blaming Tomlin they will just say we lost too many players.

jdehoff83
03-21-2014, 12:14 AM
but, but, but I thought everyone wanted to play for Tomlin? Well on the bright side all the Tomlin lovers now have an excuse when we go 4-12. Instead of blaming Tomlin they will just say we lost too many players.
Here we go again

steelchamp204
03-21-2014, 01:08 AM
The lack of depth we have at WR/RB and DL are a concern, that's for sure. Guys will have to step up this season big time.

coldrolled
03-21-2014, 06:12 AM
The lack of depth we have at WR/RB and DL are a concern, that's for sure. Guys will have to step up this season big time.

I know this team likes to draft the clean quite non troublesome players.. And we do draft very athletic players. But are we not developing players correctly, or is this team drafting good boys that are just not smart enough to learn their positions, do we have a wonderlic problem, are we ignoring the brain area... Where is Sweed? JD Woods? Sylvester? Carter? Butler? C. Brown?

Mr.wizard
03-21-2014, 06:52 AM
I think we forget tomlin drafted Woodley, Timmons, spulveda, gay, mendenhall, Wallace, lewis, brown, worlids, pouncey, allen, and bell also. That's pretty good list of talent right there, not every guy you draft is going to turn into a stud. Look at every teams draft each year and you will see a number of players that just don't make it. There is a reason so much money is paid out during free agency, the draft is such a crap shoot.

coldrolled
03-21-2014, 07:05 AM
I think we forget tomlin drafted Woodley, Timmons, spulveda, gay, mendenhall, Wallace, lewis, brown, worlids, pouncey, allen, and bell also. That's pretty good list of talent right there, not every guy you draft is going to turn into a stud. Look at every teams draft each year and you will see a number of players that just don't make it. There is a reason so much money is paid out during free agency, the draft is such a crap shoot.

We have lots of holes. Denver was in the SB, they just signed half a defense in FA.. Who dont they pay to have that kind of cap space? what is it were doing wrong? we have holes every where and no cap space? almost two draft years with zero players on our field. something is not working right here.

K Train
03-21-2014, 08:37 AM

Way to pick and choose what you want to read

K Train
03-21-2014, 08:40 AM
We have lots of holes. Denver was in the SB, they just signed half a defense in FA.. Who dont they pay to have that kind of cap space? what is it were doing wrong? we have holes every where and no cap space? almost two draft years with zero players on our field. something is not working right here.

They lost decker and moreno, but think about who they were paying....Peyton, Clady, Welker, Bailey...thats it, everyone else was on a rookie contract or just doesnt make a lot of money since the messed up the dumervil contract. Their window is mannings window, they arent built for life after mananing so ward, talib, ware were signings to fix the defense now.

Demaryius, Miller, and a slew of other players are goning to command big money in the next year or 2

coldrolled
03-21-2014, 09:27 AM
They lost decker and moreno, but think about who they were paying....Peyton, Clady, Welker, Bailey...thats it, everyone else was on a rookie contract or just doesnt make a lot of money since the messed up the dumervil contract. Their window is mannings window, they arent built for life after mananing so ward, talib, ware were signings to fix the defense now.

Demaryius, Miller, and a slew of other players are goning to command big money in the next year or 2

I get it, but what happen to all our young players? I think Osweiler will shock the NFL when he debuts..

Real Deal Steel
03-21-2014, 09:31 AM
What happened to all our young players??? That's an easy answer. The 2008 & 2009 drafts that were messed up by Colbert..............THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED! :rolleyes:

With Ziggy (bust @ss) Hood being the poster boy.

And Colbert hanging on to relics like Troy and Harrison too long.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-21-2014, 10:11 AM

exactly.

K Train
03-21-2014, 10:23 AM
I get it, but what happen to all our young players? I think Osweiler will shock the NFL when he debuts..

I have never seen the brockweiler do anything special, ever

NeilPatrickBanana
03-21-2014, 10:30 AM
I have never seen the brockweiler do anything special, ever

vs Missouri OT game... he put on a throwing clinic
(that's the game that comes to mind immediately.... it's what I'm good for around here. lol)

K Train
03-21-2014, 10:31 AM
vs Missouri OT game... he put on a throwing clinic
(that's the game that comes to mind immediately.... it's what I'm good for around here. lol)

lol

He went to the best place if he was going to succeed, he definitely wasnt ready to play. I just see a big arm though, Derek Anderson-esque

NeilPatrickBanana
03-21-2014, 10:44 AM
lol

He went to the best place if he was going to succeed, he definitely wasnt ready to play. I just see a big arm though, Derek Anderson-esque

yea, i didn't mean to imply that I thought he was some great QB... I do like his canvas of skills and how they might develop/translate by sitting behind the greatest for a few years. You are absolutely correct... he was no where near ready when he came out (1.5 year starter/3 years school). But he has freaky mobility for his size. He has the prototype canon arm/quick delivery. He's just "on the field dumb"... and I can't think of a better situation to rectify that type of stupidity than by spending the beginning of your career with Peyton Manning. Right now, he's like a young Favre (canvas of skill and play style). He's got the monster arm, he can move around and throw, but he's got the gunslinger mentality where he just wants to let it rip everytime and combined with a low football IQ makes him a project. (all comments referring to his college career, I don't think I've seen him play in the NFL... maybe a pre-season game?)

If he stayed in school, and showed development, he could've been the top QB drafted in 2013

I just noticed the thread title says "Crotchety"... it's even funnier when the thread has turned into a conversation about Brock Osweiller of all people.

Real Deal Steel
03-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Where is the 6 foot, 3 inch WR we drafted last year? Where is Justin Brown's level of development at??????

LevonKirkland99
03-21-2014, 09:48 PM

Retarded indeed...lol....NFL draft have Beckham LSU going to the Steelers.

SuperSteelers
03-21-2014, 09:59 PM
please watkins

Not gonna happen.

coldrolled
03-21-2014, 10:28 PM
Ebron

LevonKirkland99
03-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Not gonna happen.

Yeah, this will probably not happening....Any of the 14 teams will have strong interest in him.

Real Deal Steel
03-24-2014, 10:08 AM
I will admit Ebron is growing on me. The more and more I see tape of the kid in college, I think he can be just as good as Jimmy Graham. His athleticism is amazing.

But I can't believe the Giants are going to pass on him. I'm even hearing rumors down here that the Raiders are talking to the Vikings about trading down and the Raiders taking Ebron at # 8.

But there are a lot of rumors at this time of year.

Mr.wizard
03-28-2014, 06:51 AM

Ya but tomlin does not design the contracts or manage the cap, he can only work with what he is given. The point was under tomlin we have drafted and developed some pretty good football players. If people want slam the front office for the cap situation be my guest but I cant put any of our cap problems on tomlin.

LatrobePA
03-28-2014, 07:30 AM
These threads are dead issues. Hey mods lets lock them up so the bitching can stop.