PDA

View Full Version : WR Lance Moore to visit Steelers Tuesday

Big T
03-16-2014, 07:14 PM
@EdBouchette: WR Lance Moore, visiting Steelers Tuesday as per @JasonLaCanfora would be fallback if Cotchery leaves. Moore is 5-9, big dropoff in '13

Let's hope they resign Cotchery lol

mcfly06
03-16-2014, 07:15 PM
@EdBouchette: WR Lance Moore, visiting Steelers Tuesday as per @JasonLaCanfora would be fallback if Cotchery leaves. Moore is 5-9, big dropoff in '13

Let's hope they resign Cotchery lol

You don't want Moore?

coach
03-16-2014, 07:23 PM
http://q.usatoday.com/2014/03/16/james-jones-would-love-to-play-for-carolina-panthers/

Carolina has a bunch of WRs targeted; hopefully Cotch comes back:

The six receivers which remain on the roster have combined for five total receptions.

The possible addition of Jones would only be the first step in repopulating the Panthers’ stable of wide receivers.

The team will likely consider a wide receiver with their first round pick. The Panthers select 28th overall. LSU’s Odell Beckham, Oregon State’s Brandin Cooks and Florida State’s Kelvin Benjamin are possible targets.

Jones may not be the only wide receiver Carolina considers in free agency. Veterans Kenny Britt, Jerricho Cotchery, Lance Moore, Mario Manningham, Miles Austin, Santonio Holmes and Sidney Rice are still available.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-16-2014, 07:54 PM
I wish we could afford James Jones

Big T
03-16-2014, 08:02 PM
You don't want Moore?

Definitely prefer Cotchery

Real Deal Steel
03-16-2014, 10:54 PM
Cotchery already has the repore with Ben. So why should we change if we don't have to?

**** I expect the Panthers to take Brandin Cook with their 28th pick. He's perfect for Newton.

steelchamp204
03-16-2014, 11:24 PM
If we lose Cotchery, this offseason is a disaster. Especially without signing Carrington. We signed a safety who has 1 proven year and a **** NT who is nothing more than a rotational player.

LatrobePA
03-17-2014, 08:59 AM
If we lose Cotchery, this offseason is a disaster. Especially without signing Carrington. We signed a safety who has 1 proven year and a **** NT who is nothing more than a rotational player.

I hate it but I have to agree. So far this team has done nothing to ensure a better season.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-17-2014, 10:09 AM
I hate it but I have to agree. So far this team has done nothing to ensure a better season.

Continuity and Development

2nd year, from a healthy Bell = A factor in a better season
A fully recovered Heath = A factor in a better season
Mike Munchak + young experienced offensive line = A factor in a better season
Full Season Starters Worrilds, Jones, Heyward = A BIG factor in a better season
A tweaked secondary = a factor in a better season

steelchamp204
03-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Continuity and Development

2nd year, from a healthy Bell = A factor in a better season
A fully recovered Heath = A factor in a better season
Mike Munchak + young experienced offensive line = A factor in a better season
Full Season Starters Worrilds, Jones, Heyward = A BIG factor in a better season
A tweaked secondary = a factor in a better season

We better hope then that McLendon plays even better then. Cause right now, it's all Heyward on the dline.

Right now, this team has big holes in the WR group and defensive line group.

We can say what we think Wheaton will do, but he has yet to prove himself that he can play at the level the Steelers and the fanbase expect of him. I know, he was injured last season.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-17-2014, 10:39 AM
We better hope then that McLendon plays even better then. Cause right now, it's all Heyward on the dline.

Right now, this team has big holes in the WR group and defensive line group.

We can say what we think Wheaton will do, but he has yet to prove himself that he can play at the level the Steelers and the fanbase expect of him. I know, he was injured last season.

McClendon played pretty darn good last year.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/12/so-you-think-steve-mclendon-was-bad-against-the-run-in-2013/

He has incorrectly taken a ton of blame from the fan base... and it's entirely undeserved.

Yes, we have a huge hole at DE and WR.... The offseason is not over yet.

2 holes, don't mean the team has "done nothing" to ensure a better season.

K Train
03-17-2014, 11:53 AM
Id rather get another DE and role with mcclendon at NT than draft nix

Real Deal Steel
03-17-2014, 12:37 PM
Id rather get another DE and role with mcclendon at NT than draft nix

You seem to really have faith that he can do the job huh? I don't see it myself. He's just "a guy" to me. I hope I'm wrong.

steelchamp204
03-17-2014, 01:49 PM
The Steelers are looking to upgrade the middle of their defensive line after nose tackle Steve McLendon's performance in 2013, reports ESPN.com. McLendon made his average tackle after a gain of 3.0 yards, worst of any starting nose tackle in a 3-4 defense, according to Football Outsiders.

Pittsburgh gave up 125 rushing yards per game after yielding 95 yards per game in 2012. McLendon is signed through 2015, but most expect the Steelers to take a defensive tackle early in the draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1675182/steve-mclendon

NeilPatrickBanana
03-17-2014, 02:50 PM
The Steelers are looking to upgrade the middle of their defensive line after nose tackle Steve McLendon's performance in 2013, reports ESPN.com. McLendon made his average tackle after a gain of 3.0 yards, worst of any starting nose tackle in a 3-4 defense, according to Football Outsiders.

Pittsburgh gave up 125 rushing yards per game after yielding 95 yards per game in 2012. McLendon is signed through 2015, but most expect the Steelers to take a defensive tackle early in the draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1675182/steve-mclendon

that's an idiotic measure of the NT's performance...

steelchamp204
03-17-2014, 03:03 PM
that's an idiotic measure of the NT's performance...

Not really, to be fair. I was a huge McLendon supporter and was disappointed by his past season. I think he would make a great LE on the defense, not a NT.

K Train
03-17-2014, 03:08 PM
I dont get why anyone would think he can play DE

Added a stud DE on to put with Heyward would make mcclendon his most effective, at NT...his only position on the defense

steelchamp204
03-17-2014, 03:16 PM
I dont get why anyone would think he can play DE

Added a stud DE on to put with Heyward would make mcclendon his most effective, at NT...his only position on the defense

What makes you think so much he can not play LE???

NeilPatrickBanana
03-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Not really, to be fair. I was a huge McLendon supporter and was disappointed by his past season. I think he would make a great LE on the defense, not a NT.

what? to be fair about what?

Let's make this really simple... it's idiotic to measure performance by only judging 10% of the universe and having that 10% not make up a representative sample of overall play.

ex. 33 tackles on 338 snaps

Not only is it idiotic on the basis of snap counts, but it's idiotic on the basis of the Steelers run defense as a scheme. McClendon isn't intended to make a bunch of tackles. He's meant to occupy 2 gaps, and preferrably 2 blockers, to keep our linebackers clean.

Opponents ran up the middle when McClendon was on the field 47 times, for 103 yards (2.19 ypc)
(note: mcclendon was in on the tackle on 10 of those 47 runs)
Based on accepted definitions of successful runs (40% of 1st, 60% on 2nd, 100% on 3rd/4th) opponents were successful running the ball at McClendon 29.8% of the time.

K Train
03-17-2014, 03:40 PM
What makes you think so much he can not play LE???

He just does not have the length to play the position in lebeaus defense....its one place on the defense where they are (and for good reason) pretty stingy about measurables and looking the part. Not saying there arent exceptions to that rule, but the skill set they want to play DE is not playing to Steves strengths as a player or his physical abilities.

Hes short, stout, and while not the best in the business at playing 0 tech, he would be useless at full time 5 tech

NeilPatrickBanana
03-17-2014, 03:47 PM
He just does not have the length to play the position in lebeaus defense....its one place on the defense where they are (and for good reason) pretty stingy about measurables and looking the part. Not saying there arent exceptions to that rule, but the skill set they want to play DE is not playing to Steves strengths as a player or his physical abilities.

Hes short, stout, and while not the best in the business at playing 0 tech, he would be useless at full time 5 tech

Agreed... nothing about his best assets would be untilized in a 5T... tackles would eat him up.

steelchamp204
03-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Well, I'm not sold on him. Just my opinion. He was disappointing last season to a degree.

JackLambert
03-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Did he visit today?

Ibleedblk&gld
03-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib 31m

Former New Orleans WR Lance Moore will visit the Steelers on Wednesday.