PDA

View Full Version : Dwyer and Sanders numbers next year will prove Tomlin is a worthless coach

LASVEGASGUY
03-16-2014, 01:30 AM
Watch as these guys put up career numbers next year. Once again we lose youth because our coach can't coach or evaluate players.

Big T
03-16-2014, 02:13 AM
I hate to be predictable but... So predictable.

Of course Sanders is gonna put up career numbers is Denver. That has absolutely nothing to do with the Steelers. Any receiver that's gonna be a 2/3 in that system with Peyton is going to put up good numbers. What a ridiculous statement. And Dwyer isn't going to AZ to start. That's Andre Ellington's job. Why the f*ck does it even matter? Bell is by far superior player, and he doesn't have questionable (at best) work ethic or weight issues... "Oh no!!! We're going to lose a fat, unmotivated RB who was only a situational short yardage back because he never took advantage of the opportunities to prove he could be a reliable starting RB!!! How can we possibly succeed without Jonathan Dwyer!?!?!?!?"

TarlsQtr
03-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Holy crap. People on this board always want the guy we DON'T have. When we have him, we cannot wait to get rid of him.

I guess Tomlin never thought to tell Sanders to stop dropping footballs and to run better routes? This is especially true of Dwyer. Tomlin did not know enough to tell him "Don't be fat and have to tap out every other play?"

Big T
03-16-2014, 02:26 AM
Holy crap. People on this board always want the guy we DON'T have. When we have him, we cannot wait to get rid of him.

I guess Tomlin never thought to tell Sanders to stop dropping footballs and to run better routes? This is especially true of Dwyer. Tomlin did not know enough to tell him "Don't be fat and have to tap out every other play?"

This is just more of LASVEGASGUY crawling out of the cesspool he calls home, at every possible opportunity, to bash Tomlin. Nothing he says can be taken seriously. All he's ever proven was being a racist who hates Tomlin and hates the Rooney's because of the Rooney Rule.

Clevelandsux
03-16-2014, 03:49 AM
We cut Dwyer last year, remember? Sanders never has been and never will be a great receiver. I don't know why everyone has got there panties all in a bunch over losing this guy. He's not that good.

Nolrog
03-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Whether they put up career numbers or not is irrelevant. Sanders is going to the best passing offense in the history of the NFL. Of course he's going to put up big numbers. In fact, he better put up big numbers. As for Dwyer, well if he was any good, we wouldn't have used a 2nd round pick on Bell. It's hard for me to get upset that a back up running back left the team.

Real Deal Steel
03-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Whether they put up career numbers or not is irrelevant. Sanders is going to the best passing offense in the history of the NFL. Of course he's going to put up big numbers. In fact, he better put up big numbers. As for Dwyer, well if he was any good, we wouldn't have used a 2nd round pick on Bell. It's hard for me to get upset that a back up running back left the team.

Hey, I don't know if their upset. That might be too strong a word. I think the word is concerned because of the depth issue. There are plenty of good options out there as well as they have to consider that the position has been devalued so much that there will be someone in the later rounds of the draft who can be acquired. If not, then the second wave of free agency after the draft. I don't think it's anything for anyone to lose sleep over. It will be addressed at some point in the next 2 1/2 months.

LASVEGASGUY
03-16-2014, 11:56 AM
We cut Dwyer last year, remember? Sanders never has been and never will be a great receiver. I don't know why everyone has got there panties all in a bunch over losing this guy. He's not that good.

That's because he was coached by Tomlin. Like I said, watch how productive Sanders will be and watch the dropsies magically disappear. This is what happens when you play for a coach and not your friend. He will have a career season next year and it has nothing to do with Manning over Ben it has to do with putting your players in position to succeed something Tomlin wouldn't know about. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Woodley go back to his former self because once again he will take the Raiders seriously where he took the Steelers for granted because of the loser we have patrolling the sidelines.

LASVEGASGUY
03-16-2014, 12:04 PM
It's hard for me to get upset that a back up running back left the team.

Fair enough. But watch how Arians gets the most out of Dwyer while we couldn't do squat with him. Again career numbers for Dwyer next year whether in a backup role or starting. It will also prove that Tomlin is a horrible coach. We will also see Colbert's picks starting to make sense but because of our coach we lost these guys. I still find it hard to believe that Colbert forgot how to draft since the arrival of Tomlin while he hit so many homeruns under Cowher. Some of you guys need to take off your Tomlin blinders the stink in the room is Tomlin.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-16-2014, 12:07 PM
This qualifies for the dumbest thread of the offseason.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-16-2014, 12:09 PM
If Tomlin deserves blame for Sanders dropsies, and lack of consistency.... Then he deserves credit for developing Brown into a pro bowl WR.

Unless you're a contradictory racist and see everything through hate blinders.

Mr.wizard
03-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Sanders will go to Denver to be the third probably fourth option in the offense Dwyer is going to Arizona to be a situational back up. I do not understand the love affair with dwyer, he sucks, hes fat and has terrible vision. The guy was on the team for 4 years and has not broke 1000yds and only had 2 rushing tds for his career. Sanders wasn't let go because he dropped some passes he was let go because he cant stretch the field and get open consistently. In Denver manning will get him open by motioning against certain coverages and his stats will get an uptick.

Clevelandsux
03-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Some people act like we just lost John stallworth or something. Yes the depth thing is an issue. But they will replace sanders, hopefully someone with better hands.

muncher
03-16-2014, 12:23 PM
there's plenty to bitch about tomlin. letting dwyer walk isnt one of them. keeping sanders the extra year instead of taking the pick was one, not trying to keep him this year isnt.

coldrolled
03-16-2014, 12:40 PM
there's plenty to bitch about tomlin. letting dwyer walk isnt one of them. keeping sanders the extra year instead of taking the pick was one, not trying to keep him this year isnt.

Last year it was the pick vs the pats getting him... but the pick would look good right now.

Big T
03-16-2014, 12:50 PM
If Tomlin deserves blame for Sanders dropsies, and lack of consistency.... Then he deserves credit for developing Brown into a pro bowl WR.

Unless you're a contradictory racist and see everything through hate blinders.

Ding ding ding...

Clevelandsux
03-16-2014, 01:00 PM
I think if sanders had put up better numbers and was more productive the steelers would have done better job at trying to sign him.

steelchamp204
03-16-2014, 02:04 PM
We need a winning record at least this season.

Or try not to make it 4 seasons without a playoff victory with a HOF Qb

Real Deal Steel
03-16-2014, 02:51 PM
We need a winning record at least this season.

Or try not to make it 4 seasons without a playoff victory with a HOF Qb

Ben is borderline HOF. I say he is but I'm bias (of course). Another SB victory and that will cement it. Along with the greatest pass/catch in SB history. :yellowthumb:

norcojim
03-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Ben is borderline HOF. I say he is but I'm bias (of course). Another SB victory and that will cement it. Along with the greatest pass/catch in SB history. :yellowthumb:

Saunders will do fine with Denver. I think he signed his death warrant when he signed the offer sheet with the Pats last year. He would have had to put up Hines Ward numbers to stay here and they didn't throw to him enough to do that. Everybody drops balls from Antonio Brown to Heath Miller. Tomlin wants total loyalty and thought that was a slap in the face from Saunders, especially with the Patriots. We also could do worse than Dwyer as a backup. I think they were more than satisfied with how the O line was playing at the end of the year and with adding Munchak maybe they will improve on it. I think signing Wallace was big and with Velasco playing the way he did I think Pouncey is history. If he is anything like his brother he could be a real pain in the *** and I see them resigning Velasco and letting Pouncey go free agent or maybe trading him to Miami. That O line operated great without him even with Velasco going down. Don't know why Tennessee let him go and with Munchak being their head coach at the time it will be interesting to see what happens. We need a couple of linebackers. One for pass rush and one to take Foote's place. Man with all we let go I hope nobody gets hurt.

LASVEGASGUY
03-16-2014, 03:43 PM
This qualifies for the dumbest thread of the offseason.

Maybe we sticky this post and see if it's the dumbest thread of the offseason next offseason. While you are slob knobbing Tomlin you are losing sight of the big picture. Why is our youth movement leaving and how can so many picks be so bad? The answer is Tomlin.

Pokey Jones
03-16-2014, 04:01 PM
Watch as these guys put up career numbers next year. Once again we lose youth because our coach can't coach or evaluate players.

Posts like this remind me that message boards are a waste of time. Fat and lazy Dwyer and soft and dropsie Sanders are irrelevent. They do nothing more than perhaps give you an argument towards Colbert's poor drafting in recent years. Good riddance.
Whether or not Tomlin is a good coach is debatable, but not for the sub par performances of these duds. So silly.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-16-2014, 04:02 PM
Maybe we sticky this post and see if it's the dumbest thread of the offseason next offseason. While you are slob knobbing Tomlin you are losing sight of the big picture. Why is our youth movement leaving and how can so many picks be so bad? The answer is Tomlin.

the answer is, you're retarded.

Big T
03-16-2014, 04:07 PM

Youth movement leaving? Wtf... Look at the starters on offense. The only ones over 30 are Ben and Heath. Ike and Polamalu are the only starters on defense over 30. Jesus Christ.

A grand total of 4 starters out of 22 are over 30. I'll do the math for you LASVEGASGUY guy since we all know you'll struggle with it... That's 18 out 22 or about 82 percent of starters are under 30 (obviously based on who's on the team now, not who they might add in FA). And that's not including an upcoming draft class.

Sanders never lived up to his potential and they didn't even offer him a deal. They didn't "lose" him. They practically pushed him out the door. Dwyer was a backup and situational short yardage guy. You can f*cking find that anywhere. Le'Veon Bell is worlds better than Dwyer can even dream to be, and he just turned 22. You want to blindly bash Tomlin, go right ahead, but maybe try to do it with a topic that makes you look a little less stupid (if that's possible)...

norcojim
03-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Youth movement leaving? Wtf... Look at the starters on offense. The only ones over 30 are Ben and Heath. Ike and Polamalu are the only starters on defense over 30. Jesus Christ.

A grand total of 4 starters out of 22 are over 30. I'll do the math for you LASVEGASGUY guy since we all know you'll struggle with it... That's 18 out 22 or about 82 percent of starters are under 30 (obviously based on who's on the team now, not who they might add in FA). And that's not including an upcoming draft class.

Sanders never lived up to his potential and they didn't even offer him a deal. They didn't "lose" him. They practically pushed him out the door. Dwyer was a backup and situational short yardage guy. You can f*cking find that anywhere. Le'Veon Bell is worlds better than Dwyer can even dream to be, and he just turned 22. You want to blindly bash Tomlin, go right ahead, but maybe try to do it with a topic that makes you look a little less stupid (if that's possible)...

Why is it if someone has a difference of opinion than yours, they are suddenly stupid. I think if I have Penn State listed as my location I would be a little reluctant to call anyone stupid. What exactly was the potential that Saunders never lived up to? I don't think he was even rated with the top 30 receivers coming out in that draft. I don't know what the numbers are but I think Dwyer was running better at the end of the year than previous and I think the improvement of the O line had a lot to do with it. Nobody said Bell wasn't #1, but why look for another back if you don't need to

NeilPatrickBanana
03-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Why is it if someone has a difference of opinion than yours, they are suddenly stupid.

There is such a thing as stupid opinions.

This is in fact a stupid opinion:

That's because he was coached by Tomlin. Like I said, watch how productive Sanders will be and watch the dropsies magically disappear. This is what happens when you play for a coach and not your friend. He will have a career season next year and it has nothing to do with Manning over Ben it has to do with putting your players in position to succeed something Tomlin wouldn't know about. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Woodley go back to his former self because once again he will take the Raiders seriously where he took the Steelers for granted because of the loser we have patrolling the sidelines.

jdehoff83
03-16-2014, 05:24 PM
I hate to be predictable but... So predictable.

Of course Sanders is gonna put up career numbers is Denver. That has absolutely nothing to do with the Steelers. Any receiver that's gonna be a 2/3 in that system with Peyton is going to put up good numbers. What a ridiculous statement. And Dwyer isn't going to AZ to start. That's Andre Ellington's job. Why the f*ck does it even matter? Bell is by far superior player, and he doesn't have questionable (at best) work ethic or weight issues... "Oh no!!! We're going to lose a fat, unmotivated RB who was only a situational short yardage back because he never took advantage of the opportunities to prove he could be a reliable starting RB!!! How can we possibly succeed without Jonathan Dwyer!?!?!?!?"

This

Big T
03-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Why is it if someone has a difference of opinion than yours, they are suddenly stupid. I think if I have Penn State listed as my location I would be a little reluctant to call anyone stupid. What exactly was the potential that Saunders never lived up to? I don't think he was even rated with the top 30 receivers coming out in that draft. I don't know what the numbers are but I think Dwyer was running better at the end of the year than previous and I think the improvement of the O line had a lot to do with it. Nobody said Bell wasn't #1, but why look for another back if you don't need to

Reluctant to call anyone stupid because I attend Penn State University? Makes a ton of sense. And no, if you wernaround enough you would know that I do not call anyone who has a differing opinion stupid. I challenge you to go through LASVEGASGUY's history of posts and find 10 that have noting to do with basing Tomlin, making sh*t racial, talking about the Rooney Rule (again, racial), etc... He's a broken record of racism and stupidity. I can't believe he hasn't been banned yet. I'd take 10 Crash's, SteelDawgSwag/Flame/Scudmissle29's, and quest's over this ignorant ****** any day.

LASVEGASGUY
03-16-2014, 09:12 PM

Lewis gone. Wallace gone. Sanders gone. Hood gone. Woodley gone. Dwyer gone. That's what I consider youth leaving. These are guys we drafted that should be hitting their prime but instead they are signing with other teams. Maybe they see what I see? A worthless coach and a team on the decline. Why can't we attract top tier free agents while the Patriots and Broncos can? I thought everyone wanted to play for Tomlin? Our own players don't even want to play for Tomlin.

Big T
03-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Lewis gone. Wallace gone. Sanders gone. Woods gone. Hood gone. Woodley gone. Dwyer gone. That's what I consider youth leaving. These are guys we drafted that should be hitting their prime but instead they are signing with other teams. Maybe they see what I see? A worthless coach and a team on the decline. Why can't we attract top tier free agents while the Patriots and Broncos can? I thought everyone wanted to play for Tomlin? Our own players don't even want to play for Tomlin.

Lewis, sure, dropped the ball on that one. He should've been signed. Wallace, more interested in getting paid. No way they were paying him the contract he wanted. Sanders, they didn't even offer him a contract lol. They didn't want him. Woods, rotational guy with some upsided. Wished they would've signed him, but it's certainly not the end of the world. Hood?!?!? Lolololol. Not even worth a reponse. Woodley? An injury prone 30-year old (around mid season) that they cut? Not to mention the fact that you putting a player that was cut on your list is hilarious. We've covered Dwyer. We have a 22 year old RB who is far superior. A fat, situational short-yardage back with work ethic problems doesn't have to be young. Oh and they didn't offer him a contact either...

Next...

LASVEGASGUY
03-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Lewis, sure, dropped the ball on that one. He should've been signed. Wallace, more interested in getting paid. No way they were paying him the contract he wanted. Sanders, they didn't even offer him a contract lol. They didn't want him. Woods, rotational guy with some upsided. Wished they would've signed him, but it's certainly not the end of the world. Hood?!?!? Lolololol. Not even worth a reponse. Woodley? An injury prone 30-year old (around mid season) that they cut? Not to mention the fact that you putting a player that was cut on your list is hilarious. We've covered Dwyer. We have a 22 year old RB who is far superior. A fat, situational short-yardage back with work ethic problems doesn't have to be young. Oh and they didn't offer him a contact either...

Next...

Tomlin allowed Woodley to show up to camp fat, lazy and out of shape. It isn't like he was doing anything about it. I pin Woodley's demise on Tomlin more than anything. I can betcha Woodley wouldn't show up to camp fat and out of shape if he was playing for Belichick, Harbaugh x2 or Carroll?

Big T
03-16-2014, 09:31 PM
Using your "logic", I guess Earl Holmes, Mike Vrabel, Chad Scott, Kendrell Bell, Plaxico Burress, Chris Hope, Antwaan Randle El, etc saw what a worthless coach Bill Cowher was, right?

Big T
03-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Tomlin allowed Woodley to show up to camp fat, lazy and out of shape. It isn't like he was doing anything about it. I pin Woodley's demise on Tomlin more than anything. I can betcha Woodley wouldn't show up to camp fat and out of shape if he was playing for Belichick, Harbaugh x2 or Carroll?

Idiotic...

You blame Tomlin for something? Color me shocked!

TarlsQtr
03-16-2014, 09:48 PM

Tomlin "allowed" him? I have heard this argument before and it just gets dumber. Coaches have very little they can do to keep players from showing up overweight. Should Tomlin have followed Woodley around all off season? He did the most any coach can really do (other than cutting) with Hampton in 2008.

If you do not think the above coaches have had players show up overweight, ill prepared, or ill mannered, you are nuts.

Mr.wizard
03-16-2014, 10:46 PM

The youth movement will never leave in football, we always draft young players every year, you can not keep every player.

Pokey Jones
03-16-2014, 11:15 PM
Do you guys always argue this stupidly over a nothing comment? Just wondering.

jdehoff83
03-17-2014, 01:17 AM
You cant forget that players have all kinds of different reasons for going to other teams..ie super bowl contender, big pay day, coaches, location , family , etc. Yea they may get drafted by any team but maybe they would like to go back to new Orleans .....

Big T
03-17-2014, 01:34 AM
You cant forget that players have all kinds of different reasons for going to other teams..ie super bowl contender, big pay day, coaches, location , family , etc. Yea they may get drafted by any team but maybe they would like to go back to new Orleans .....

Nope. Didn't you know that every free agent that leaves Pittsburgh, even if Pittsburgh cut them or didn't even try to sign them, leaves solely because Tomlin is useless? How can you not see this?!?!?!?

DBR96A
03-17-2014, 06:53 AM

People of your intelligence who live in Las Vegas tend to be upside-down on their mortgages. The silver lining to that is, it prevents you from moving closer to me. Best of luck salvaging your credit score.

igor0190
03-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Lewis gone. Wallace gone. Sanders gone. Hood gone. Woodley gone. Dwyer gone.

Wallace: 5 years 60 Million
Hood: 4 Years 16 million
Sanders: 3 years 15 million
Lewis: 5 years 26 million
Woodley: Scheduled to count for 13.6 Million against the cap in 2014

Only mistake I see is letting Keenan Lewis go. None of the other guys are worth anything close to those salaries.

K Train
03-17-2014, 10:14 AM
yawn.....

LASVEGASGUY
03-17-2014, 08:10 PM
People of your intelligence who live in Las Vegas tend to be upside-down on their mortgages. The silver lining to that is, it prevents you from moving closer to me. Best of luck salvaging your credit score.

790 to 805 credit score depending on which 3 you use and I have about $140,000 in equity in my home. Can't speak for the rest of the Las Vegan's but nice try.

LASVEGASGUY
03-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Tomlin "allowed" him? I have heard this argument before and it just gets dumber. Coaches have very little they can do to keep players from showing up overweight. Should Tomlin have followed Woodley around all off season? He did the most any coach can really do (other than cutting) with Hampton in 2008.

If you do not think the above coaches have had players show up overweight, ill prepared, or ill mannered, you are nuts.

Yes, it's called releasing the player or benching his ***. Why did we wait until "fatty" got hurt before we inserted Worlids? That's right because Tomlin doesn't know how to evaluate talent. I get it now.

LASVEGASGUY
03-17-2014, 08:17 PM

But I thought Tomlin was the guy everyone wanted to play for? The players are leaving in waves to rid themselves of this P.O.S.

TarlsQtr
03-17-2014, 09:00 PM
Yes, it's called releasing the player or benching his ***. Why did we wait until "fatty" got hurt before we inserted Worlids? That's right because Tomlin doesn't know how to evaluate talent. I get it now.

The cap implications of cutting Woodley last season would have been untenable. They could not cut him. And "fatty" was not fat last season, that was 2012. He also was playing well before he got hurt.

jdehoff83
03-17-2014, 10:04 PM
But I thought Tomlin was the guy everyone wanted to play for? The players are leaving in waves to rid themselves of this P.O.S.

Dude i get it you dont like Tomlin.... what i am trying to say is that regardless of how good or bad Tomlin is as a coach , he is not the only factor that goes into all this stuff. If my current job was paying me great money but i had to drive 2 hours oneway would i stay if another job was only 10 minutes from my house but paid less? All dependswho you ask and what their priorities are in life....wallace wanted bank period and he got what he wanted...lewis saw going home as a pro ....harrison didnt want to take a pay cut ...whateverthe reason might be you cant always blame one person

steelers75
03-18-2014, 01:32 AM
...EOM...

DBR96A
03-18-2014, 02:53 AM
790 to 805 credit score depending on which 3 you use and I have about $140,000 in equity in my home. Can't speak for the rest of the Las Vegan's but nice try.

Well then, you're just proof that money can't buy class.

TarlsQtr
03-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Uh oh. Hater fodder. lol From Ed Boooochette:

--- Are the Steelers’ top brass fiddling while they let potential players get away? GM Kevin Colbert, coach Mike Tomlin and offensive coordinator Todd Haley were at spring training with the Pirates yesterday. Tomlin gave them a speech. In the meantime, it was first reported that Packers halfback James Starks was supposed to visit the Steelers on Monday. That was then changed to Tuesday/Wednesday, perhaps because Colbert/Tomlin would be in Florida on Monday. So what happened? On Monday, instead of visiting the Steelers, Starks was wooed by the Packers into re-signing with them.

--- Also on Monday, the coach and GM of the Carolina Panthers were having dinner with Steelers free agent wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery in Charlotte. The Steelers would like to have Cotchery back. http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2014/03/18/Steelers-Have-Least-Cap-Room-in-NFL.html

steelchamp204
03-18-2014, 02:59 PM

Tomlin was probably doing his catain cliche with the Pirates.

LASVEGASGUY
03-18-2014, 04:27 PM
Well then, you're just proof that money can't buy class.

It may not buy you class but it certainly buys you out of a class. Lower class that is.

LevonKirkland99
03-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Tomlin better get his $hiet together this year....I am not impressed with his style of coaching..

Pokey Jones
03-19-2014, 04:14 AM
Only mistake I see is letting Keenan Lewis go. None of the other guys are worth anything close to those salaries.

Not a mistake. Lewis was unfortunate, but he was a New Orleans guy who wanted to go "home". Only way we had a slim chance of keeping him was hugely over paying him so we really had no choice.

norcojim
03-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Not a mistake. Lewis was unfortunate, but he was a New Orleans guy who wanted to go "home". Only way we had a slim chance of keeping him was hugely over paying him so we really had no choice.

Not trying to start something, but I disagree. I don't think they even made him an offer. Would bet that if it had even been close to what he got in New Orleans they could have kept him and not overpaid before FA started. Just think they underestimated how good he was. Hate to sound like a broken record, but a good pass rush can make all pros out of corner backs.

K Train
03-19-2014, 06:08 PM
I think he pretty openly said he wanted to go home and took a discount to play for NO

Real Deal Steel
03-19-2014, 06:46 PM
I think he pretty openly said he wanted to go home and took a discount to play for NO

He did because they were talking about it extensively when the Saints were playing the Pats.

norcojim
03-19-2014, 07:44 PM
He did because they were talking about it extensively when the Saints were playing the Pats.

I'll give you the part about wanting to play at home, but not the discount. He's getting over $5M a year and there aint no way Pitt is going to pay him that.

steelers75
03-19-2014, 08:14 PM
Tomlin better get his $hiet together this year....I am not impressed with his style of coaching..

So in your mind, he gets absolutely no credit for the 6-2 finish last year? Figures. The team could have very easily went into the tank for a top 5 draft pick like the Texans and Falcons did after starting 0-4 instead of continuing to fight and ultimately missing the playoffs because of two horrible calls in the Chargers/Chiefs game on the last day of the regular season. Get a grip.

LASVEGASGUY
03-19-2014, 09:34 PM
So in your mind, he gets absolutely no credit for the 6-2 finish last year? Figures. The team could have very easily went into the tank for a top 5 draft pick like the Texans and Falcons did after starting 0-4 instead of continuing to fight and ultimately missing the playoffs because of two horrible calls in the Chargers/Chiefs game on the last day of the regular season. Get a grip.

Back to back 8-8 seasons with a franchise QB is unacceptable. I say fire his *** now but since we can't we should wait until we don't make the playoffs then fire him. We have to treat Tomlin like a bandaid. Rip it off, 1, 2, 3 and let the healing begin.

Big T
03-19-2014, 11:04 PM
Back to back 8-8 seasons with a franchise QB is unacceptable. I say fire his *** now but since we can't we should wait until we don't make the playoffs then fire him. We have to treat Tomlin like a bandaid. Rip it off, 1, 2, 3 and let the healing begin.

So he gets no leeway for 2012 due to the franchise QB missing multiple games with injury? Or how about the franchise QB playing subpar (putting it nicely) over the first month of 2013?

I bet you don't blame Cohwer even a little bit for going 8-8 in 2006... Ya know, because Ben had injuries.

Real Deal Steel
03-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Well Big T

I think what compounds things is the bad drafts of 2008 & 2009. I can't blame Tomlin for that. But I do question Tomlin's command of the team, his leadership and the lack of preparation I kept seeing when an O-lineman got hurt the team would quit. That falls on Tomlin.

TarlsQtr
03-20-2014, 12:45 AM
Well Big T

I think what compounds things is the bad drafts of 2008 & 2009. I can't blame Tomlin for that. But I do question Tomlin's command of the team, his leadership and the lack of preparation I kept seeing when an O-lineman got hurt the team would quit. That falls on Tomlin.

Not playing well as a unit because inferior players had to come in is far different than "quitting."

Big T
03-24-2014, 02:53 PM
I think anyone who claims Tomlin deserves no credit for winning SB XLIII or that he only won with Cowher's players, or that the players don't respect him as a HC, etc... need to watch "America's Game: 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers"... You need to listen to how the players talk about Tomlin, how they did everything he said, about what he stressed to the team all season, about how he wasn't just "their boy", about how strict he is...

The most interesting part was when they were going over James Harrison's pick six in the SB. Tomlin was saying how he couldn't sleep the Wednesday before the SB so he was watching film of the practice they just had. He was saying the biggest thing he noticed was that the defense had four or five interceptions in the practice and every time it happened the play just kind of ended and no one gave any effort to get on the offensive and return it or get out and block. He said he cut together clips of all the INTs and told the team that they were going need to take one back in the SB and were gonna need more effort and need people to get out and block. Just the fact that he stressed that point so much the week prior and when it came down to it, they did exactly that. It was cool to see and how much credit Troy gave Tomlin for that.

That's just one example of how little we see when we judge coaches in this game.

Big T
03-24-2014, 05:34 PM

Lol Bouchette is an idiot. Fiddling? Yes, I'm sure the head coach, GM, and offensive coordinator flew down to Florida just so Tomlin could talk to the Pirates. Todd Haley certainly needed to be there for that didn't he? Unless there was another reason they were in Florida?... I don't know. Maybe for the Florida/Florida State/Central Florida pro days? For someone with so much "inside knowledge" maybe he should be a little less ignorant...

The day they were with the Pirates (Monday) = same day as Florida's Pro Day
The next day (Tuesday) = Florida State's Pro Day.
The following day (Wednesday) = Central Florida's Pro Day

Jesus...

SCSteeler4Life
03-25-2014, 07:48 AM
LASVEGASGUY=TAS

ANTDREWJOSH
03-25-2014, 09:54 AM
LASVEGASGUY=TAS

Lmao. The gangs all here.

SCSteeler4Life
03-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Lmao. The gangs all here.

Looks like everyone got tired of waiting.

ANTDREWJOSH
03-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Looks like everyone got tired of waiting.

No word on what happened?