PDA

View Full Version : Broncos expected to sign Emmanuel Sanders

Steeler John
03-15-2014, 09:23 PM
Per Adam Schefter:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Big T
03-15-2014, 09:48 PM
Sanders posted a video to YouTube and uploaded it to Facebook, thanking Steeler Nation:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TBZDAZBqn2U&feature=youtu.be

Real Deal Steel
03-15-2014, 09:51 PM
So Sanders is replacing Decker? That's called downgrading.

NorCalSteel
03-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Well crap I really liked that kid...I guess one too many critical drops for the Steelers to want to invest the money...

Big T
03-15-2014, 10:35 PM
Well crap I really liked that kid...I guess one too many critical drops for the Steelers to want to invest the money...

I always liked him. Thought he'd turn out better than he did based on his potential, but I don't have any ill feelings toward him. He's probably gonna put up some nice numbers as the broncos 2nd/3rd reciever (Welker in the slot) though.

86WARD
03-15-2014, 11:32 PM
Decker is overrated to start with. Didn't Sanders call himself a number one? Thomas, Welker, Sanders...lol.

steelchamp204
03-16-2014, 12:43 AM
Sanders will have very good numbers this season. Watch

Big T
03-16-2014, 01:23 AM

You're not going out on any limb lol. He's absolutely going to put up good numbers, but a lot of that will be a product of the system and the QB. I will be completely surprised if he doesn't put up career numbers across the board next season.

coldrolled
03-16-2014, 09:10 AM
Emmanuel Sanders is expected to sign with the Broncos tomorrow, but the process that led him there left the other teams involved fuming and crying foul. One team official claimed Sanders' agent broke "every rule in negotiations."

Agent Steve Weinberg, on behalf of the receiver, accepted a deal with the Chiefs in principle, according to one team source. Weinberg then engaged in negotiations with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to another source involved in the process.

While shopping the Chiefs offer to the Bucs, Weinberg never explained that he had already accepted the terms of Kansas City's offer. Later in the night, Sanders' agent had agreed to terms with the Broncos, which is where he is currently headed. Sanders and Weinberg also rankled the 49ers by agreeing to visit, then blowing it off.

"This was one of the worst situations in modern football negotiations," one executive involved said. "Totally wrong. This needs to be stopped."

Reached at his home late Saturday, Weinberg declined to comment on the record when informed of the allegations.

The Dallas-based agent was recently reinstated by the NFL Players Association, which had barred and decertified him in 2003 because it had reportedly found he diverted assets to an offshore account during a dispute with a partner and collecting a fee from a client prematurely. Weinberg later filed suit against the NFLPA and its top officials, alleging they illegally took away his certification for eight years, along with past, present and future income of clients.

Weinberg has two clients currently on NFL teams, not including Sanders. He had 42 before he was barred.

While Weinberg broke no laws in accepting a deal, the entire situation infuriated those he dealt with. It is commonly accepted in the league that once two sides agree to a deal -- in writing or in handshake form -- that's the end of the story. Instead, by Weinberg shopping the Chiefs deal and then not informing the Bucs that a deal had been reached showed another side of the business. It is unclear if the Broncos were aware of the previous actions.

JackLambert
03-16-2014, 10:05 AM
That's some agent.

Fine with me. Get Cotch signed up and draft a good WR.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Not directed at anyone in particular because everyone around here does it... But if you are copy/pasting someone's article and posting it on a web forum, you should place the text within the quote function and provide the link to the article below it.

LASVEGASGUY
03-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Emmanuel Sanders is expected to sign with the Broncos tomorrow, but the process that led him there left the other teams involved fuming and crying foul. One team official claimed Sanders' agent broke "every rule in negotiations."

Agent Steve Weinberg, on behalf of the receiver, accepted a deal with the Chiefs in principle, according to one team source. Weinberg then engaged in negotiations with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to another source involved in the process.

While shopping the Chiefs offer to the Bucs, Weinberg never explained that he had already accepted the terms of Kansas City's offer. Later in the night, Sanders' agent had agreed to terms with the Broncos, which is where he is currently headed. Sanders and Weinberg also rankled the 49ers by agreeing to visit, then blowing it off.

"This was one of the worst situations in modern football negotiations," one executive involved said. "Totally wrong. This needs to be stopped."

Reached at his home late Saturday, Weinberg declined to comment on the record when informed of the allegations.

The Dallas-based agent was recently reinstated by the NFL Players Association, which had barred and decertified him in 2003 because it had reportedly found he diverted assets to an offshore account during a dispute with a partner and collecting a fee from a client prematurely. Weinberg later filed suit against the NFLPA and its top officials, alleging they illegally took away his certification for eight years, along with past, present and future income of clients.

Weinberg has two clients currently on NFL teams, not including Sanders. He had 42 before he was barred.

While Weinberg broke no laws in accepting a deal, the entire situation infuriated those he dealt with. It is commonly accepted in the league that once two sides agree to a deal -- in writing or in handshake form -- that's the end of the story. Instead, by Weinberg shopping the Chiefs deal and then not informing the Bucs that a deal had been reached showed another side of the business. It is unclear if the Broncos were aware of the previous actions.

Lost another good player because of Tomlin. 5 teams (Bucs, Chiefs, Patriots, Broncos, 49ers) interested in him and we have no use for him. Another Colbert pick wasted because of our worthless coach.

Mr.wizard
03-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Lost another good player because of Tomlin. 5 teams (Bucs, Chiefs, Patriots, Broncos, 49ers) interested in him and we have no use for him. Another Colbert pick wasted because of our worthless coach.

I don't understand why you think this is an issue? He wasn't that productive and underwhelmed as the number 2 wide receiver, now its contract time. Why would we pay him when we already have wheaton whos cheaper cotchery whos cheaper and are about to enter a draft filled with talented wide receivers.

Big T
03-16-2014, 01:02 PM
I don't understand why you think this is an issue? He wasn't that productive and underwhelmed as the number 2 wide receiver, now its contract time. Why would we pay him when we already have wheaton whos cheaper cotchery whos cheaper and are about to enter a draft filled with talented wide receivers.

There's no point in trying to have a reasonable conversation with this "man"... He's just a racist that hates anything to do with Tomlin, the Rooney's, and the Rooney Rule. Honesty. He doesn't ever post unless he can find some excuse to bash Tomlin or make racist comments.

Real Deal Steel
03-16-2014, 01:53 PM
Hopefully, we make the playoffs this coming season and put all this to rest once and for all.

LASVEGASGUY
03-16-2014, 02:48 PM

We are about to lose Cotchery and did Wheaton ever play? Wheaton is the next to sit for 3 years then have a decent 4th year and we lose him to someone else during free agency. When does that madness stop? Are we becoming the farm team for the other 31 teams?

LASVEGASGUY
03-16-2014, 02:52 PM
There's no point in trying to have a reasonable conversation with this "man"... He's just a racist that hates anything to do with Tomlin, the Rooney's, and the Rooney Rule. Honesty. He doesn't ever post unless he can find some excuse to bash Tomlin or make racist comments.

You can dislike a black man without being racist, Obama jumps to mind too. There are plenty of white people I can't stand either. Call it what you like who cares. I do have a problem with the Rooney's and their black agenda. How about they just get to running a team and leave out America's problems. They should have hired the best coach they could find not someone to legitimatize their precious rule. Now the team is paying for it and they have painted themselves into a corner. Now they may have to fire a black coach and that is going to be a public relations nightmare.

Pokey Jones
03-16-2014, 03:03 PM

Yes he will, until he gets hurt. And it will be very satisfying to watch him drop a critical pass in a big playoff game too.

Big T
03-16-2014, 03:13 PM
You can dislike a black man without being racist, Obama jumps to mind too. There are plenty of white people I can't stand either. Call it what you like who cares. I do have a problem with the Rooney's and their black agenda. How about they just get to running a team and leave out America's problems. They should have hired the best coach they could find not someone to legitimatize their precious rule. Now the team is paying for it and they have painted themselves into a corner. Now they may have to fire a black coach and that is going to be a public relations nightmare.

Hate to break it to you, and I know this is going to be hard to hear, but Tomlin is going to be around for a while. Better get used to him.

TarlsQtr
03-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Hate to break it to you, and I know this is going to be hard to hear, but Tomlin is going to be around for a while. Better get used to him.

Nah, Vegas guy will just add more starch to his sheet.

Mr.wizard
03-16-2014, 04:45 PM
We are about to lose Cotchery and did Wheaton ever play? Wheaton is the next to sit for 3 years then have a decent 4th year and we lose him to someone else during free agency. When does that madness stop? Are we becoming the farm team for the other 31 teams?

Who cares if we lose cotchery? Brown is the only receiver we should be worried about losing, the rest were mediocre at best on an 8-8 team. The draft is full of receivers, no need to hang on to mediocre guys and give them contracts when we know we can replace them. There is nothing sanders provides that wheaton cant provide. I don't see how giving a multi year deal to a guy who underperformed is good for the team. Its the nfl, theres a salary cap, you cant keep every role player, every team rotates pieces in and out every year to fill the spots around the superstars. Oh no we lost dwyer, we lost sanders, we might lose cotchery! how ever will we replace such one of kind talents! so ridiculous.

Big T
03-16-2014, 05:16 PM
Who cares if we lose cotchery? Brown is the only receiver we should be worried about losing, the rest were mediocre at best on an 8-8 team. The draft is full of receivers, no need to hang on to mediocre guys and give them contracts when we know we can replace them. There is nothing sanders provides that wheaton cant provide. I don't see how giving a multi year deal to a guy who underperformed is good for the team. Its the nfl, theres a salary cap, you cant keep every role player, every team rotates pieces in and out every year to fill the spots around the superstars. Oh no we lost dwyer, we lost sanders, we might lose cotchery! how ever will we replace such one of kind talents! so ridiculous.

Cotchery was fantastic in his role last year.

LatrobePA
03-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Soon this team will be down to one experienced wide out! Lol this team is stupid!!!

Real Deal Steel
03-16-2014, 06:02 PM
This team is all in on Wheaton. And from the flashes I saw in preseason, I think he can take the slot role; no problem.

LatrobePA
03-16-2014, 06:34 PM
All we have is slot guys... Need someone that can take the top off.

Real Deal Steel
03-16-2014, 06:48 PM

No argument. We need to add to the WR corps. We all want to. I think.

Big T
03-16-2014, 06:56 PM

Wheaton certainly has that ability.

LatrobePA
03-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Wheaton certainly has that ability.

I hope man. I'm actually excited for him.

Mr.wizard
03-16-2014, 09:39 PM
Cotchery was fantastic in his role last year.

Ya he was good but its not like we couldn't find another cotchery.

TarlsQtr
03-16-2014, 10:42 PM
Sanders signed for 3 years and $18 million. Way too much for those that wanted Steelers to sign him.

Mr.wizard
03-17-2014, 06:36 AM
Sanders signed for 3 years and $18 million. Way too much for those that wanted Steelers to sign him.

The one thing im scratching my head about is why did we not just take the pick for him last year? If we knew we were not resigning him why not get something for him?

NeilPatrickBanana
03-17-2014, 07:59 AM
The one thing im scratching my head about is why did we not just take the pick for him last year? If we knew we were not resigning him why not get something for him?

Because there was this thing called the 2013 season to be played

JackLambert
03-17-2014, 08:23 AM
It's fine that they kept him last season and it's fine that he's gone now for a ridiculous contract. What's not fine is letting Cotch go, too. Even if they draft a WR in the 1st we need another vet. Maybe they'll sign someone like Moore but Cotch was great last year and already knows what's going on. He can't be asking for that much. Don't understand it.

They're fouling up the WR and DL spots at the same time the OL looks to finally be good. Most unfortunate. I'm all for letting guys like Sanders and Hood leave but they were better than nothing. All this activity in FA and they've done little. CB, DT, DE, and WR are problems at the moment and only one can be substantially helped by a 1st rounder. Carrington and Cotch would have made me feel a whole lot better about two of those positions. Keeping my fingers crossed...