PDA

View Full Version : LeGarrette Blount

polamalu43
03-14-2014, 02:26 AM
I have always liked this guy....anyone think we may go after him considering we need some depth at RB? He would be a perfect Steeler.

mcfly06
03-14-2014, 02:32 AM
Ehh I don't think so really, wouldn't you say him and Bell are considered the same style of back? If we went RB I would want a speed demon type guy like DeAnthony Thomas or Dri Archer (not just because I go to Kent State). I think they would go after that type of back tho, hence why they let Dwyer leave.

Steel4Real
03-14-2014, 11:17 AM
I have always liked this guy....anyone think we may go after him considering we need some depth at RB? He would be a perfect Steeler.

I always liked the guy as well. First time I saw him, was September 2010 in the game against us when he played for Tampa Bay. We had Batch in for Ben, and were trying to scrape out a win, and Blount just ran through our defense for most of the garbage time. We came away with the win, but I remember thinking I'd just seen the second coming of Jerome Bettis...

Mr.wizard
03-14-2014, 05:09 PM
No I don't think we will go after him we have leveon bell so you probably will be looking at a speed back but only for limited situations as they plan on using bell as a 3 down back and on the goaline

ChucktownSteeler
03-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Dri Archer is more of a Haley type back.

steelchamp204
03-14-2014, 07:09 PM
Dri Archer is more of a Haley type back.

YES YES YES YES. Every mock I have done I have us taking him in rounds 5-7. This kid can contribute with his speed in different ways.

mcfly06
03-14-2014, 07:54 PM
YES YES YES YES. Every mock I have done I have us taking him in rounds 5-7. This kid can contribute with his speed in different ways.

If we went RB I would like him and want him, yes partly because I go to Kent State as well. I have seen Steelers People on campus the past two years more than any other team :) So maybe its a sign. I have classes in the same building as the ATs do and its connected to the MAC center and I know ATs well the students who have to go to the Indoor practice field that say Steelers coaches/scouts have been on campus a lot.. I hope we do take him, seen him a lot, this year was down because that injury still think he should of came out last year. But he promised his mother he would get his degree.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-14-2014, 08:14 PM

After that combine, he's going in the 4th at the latest

mcfly06
03-14-2014, 08:38 PM
After that combine, he's going in the 4th at the latest

Neil we could get him in the first lets figure that we go CB first, DE second, if we get that third round get a WR than 4th we could get Archer I would love it. He is the type of back Todd loves, and like I said they have been on campus the most of any other team, really the only teams on campus have been us, browns, jets, chiefs, and i think cowboys and dolphins.

Real Deal Steel
03-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Someone who takes the punt return duties away from Brown would be much appreciated.

PSYCHO STEELER
03-15-2014, 12:08 AM
I always liked the guy as well. First time I saw him, was September 2010 in the game against us when he played for Tampa Bay. We had Batch in for Ben, and were trying to scrape out a win, and Blount just ran through our defense for most of the garbage time. We came away with the win, but I remember thinking I'd just seen the second coming of Jerome Bettis...

Second comings of Bettis aren't always looking for work

greg1964
03-15-2014, 08:36 AM
LeGarrette Blount....NO..... I would like LSH to be resigned provided he is healthy. And some draft pick who is good in space, but could play regularly if needed.

polamalu43
03-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Like Rainey.....lol