PDA

View Full Version : I had to share this....

Captcoolhand
02-14-2007, 09:51 AM
A friend of mine that works with my wife told us He was going to Hawaii on vacation and while he was there He was going to the ProBowl. So, my wife asked him if he would bring her back a hat and she would pay him when he gets back. He said sure I'll see what I can do:yesnod:
Well he got back yesterday and went straight to my wifes work from the airport to give her her new hat. But, just before he gave it to her he said, First I have to tell you the story behind it.

I was on one side of the stadium and my brother was on the other and He called me on the phone and said "Look, I think you might want to get over here, because i'm standing right next to a player from the Steelers" I told him, Dude!, give him your Hat and let him sign it and I will give you the other one:bigthumb:
F*ck that, I ain't having my hat signed by a F*ck'n Steelers Player:nono: (He's a Browns Fan):cursin:
Normally he said, I wouldn't do this, but I ran as fast as I could to the other side of the Stadium.

He pulls out this Official ProBowl Cap and said "this is what I brought you Back" She took it and looked at it and nearly flipped out:yesnod:
Believe it or not, Troy Polamalu Signature was on the Hat:clap:
My wife was So freak'n Happy:danceshout: He told her that the only reason he ran was Because he knew how much she likes Troy.
Man, I'm thinking:scratch: we spent 3 days last year at training camp trying to get Troys Autograph(no luck) and He goes to Hawaii and Like that, he comes Back with a signed Hat. The Lucky Bastard:lol:

Hawaii trip & ProBowl - $5000

ProBowl Hat - $20

Troy Polamalu Autogragh - Priceless

BBG7
02-14-2007, 10:06 AM
That's awesome!!!

AZ_Steeler
02-14-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm so jealous!!! Troy is one of my favs too :bigthumb: Awesome story and thanks for sharing!

K Train
02-14-2007, 10:11 AM
i got an autograph from troy once

Captcoolhand
02-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Getting Troys Autogragh isn't an easy task:nono: How did you get it K-train

PemmeN96
02-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Wow, man, that's pretty amazing.

House of Steel
02-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Boy your wife is a lucky woman.

floodcitygirl
02-14-2007, 10:48 AM
What a great Valentine's gift! Keep the candy and flowers....give me the Troy sig.....I'm jealous!

BlitzburghNation
02-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Killer,,,,,,,,,,,congrats on the autograph !

Steelerlyn
02-14-2007, 12:35 PM
She is so very lucky and what a great friend for you two! You owe him bigtime:bigthumb: :banana: :lol: :hilarious:

Captcoolhand
02-14-2007, 12:44 PM
funniest thing about it is he's not even a Steelers fan.
Hey you don't think maybe,Hmmmmmmmm........

Steelersfan
02-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Nah, if that was the case she would of been in Hawaii on a business trip.....

Captcoolhand
02-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Nah, if that was the case she would of been in Hawaii on a business trip.....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I just thought it was strange that she said he came straight from the airport just to give it to her and they do work together:yesnod:
Maybe this explains why I only get laid any more when the quarterly taxes are due.:lol: :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Indeed that is freekin awesome, congrats !

BR7
02-14-2007, 10:27 PM
damn, thats friggin nice. I envy you.

SteelerFan87
02-15-2007, 01:29 AM
I got Troy's autograph when he came to my church last year for our food festival. He had a bunch of pictures of himself that I guess he carries around for people who want autographs.

Troy is a cool guy. He goes to my church now. Just got baptized Orthodox, and he and his wife got re-married in the Orthodox church.

Hburg
02-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Troy is a cool guy. He goes to my church now. Just got baptized Orthodox, and he and his wife got re-married in the Orthodox church.

Random comment: This might be some news to quell the nerves of Troy going back to Cali to play in the NFL anytime soon. You don't join a church....and get remarried in that denomination if you are expecting to leave anytime soon.

Also, just wondering.....I'm guessing that is the Greek Orthodox church.....I forget if Greek Orthodox is the church that celebrates everything two weeks late.

BuFu

TampaSteelGirl
02-15-2007, 09:52 AM
What a great Valentine's gift! Keep the candy and flowers....give me the Troy sig.....I'm jealous!

Im with you sister!!! That is so awesome!! What a great surprise! I"m sure your wife was so excited! I sure would be!

SteelerFan87
02-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Random comment: This might be some news to quell the nerves of Troy going back to Cali to play in the NFL anytime soon. You don't join a church....and get remarried in that denomination if you are expecting to leave anytime soon.

Also, just wondering.....I'm guessing that is the Greek Orthodox church.....I forget if Greek Orthodox is the church that celebrates everything two weeks late.

BuFu

Lol, we don't really have everything 2 weeks later, we just use a different calendar so sometimes they match up and we have Easter on the same day as everyone else, and sometimes it's a week, or 2 weeks, or even almost a month, later.