PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor tweets that he has reached a deal to remain in Pittsburgh

Big T
03-10-2014, 07:51 PM
@Ike_SwagginU: The INK is about to dry on this paper...im a LIFER...#6BURGHfoalldemhatas...will retire as a ROONEY and a LEBEAU...✌️

Real Deal Steel
03-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Too bad. Well Jerome Simpson and Wr's around the league rejoice.

JackLambert
03-10-2014, 08:05 PM
I hope it was cheap. Don't really want him starting any more.

Big T
03-10-2014, 08:27 PM
@RapSheet: #Steelers DB @Ike_SwagginU tweeted he is staying with Pittsburgh. Per @AKinkhabwala and me, he took a pay cut to stay rather than be cut

Pokey Jones
03-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Very interesting given the argument in the Verner thread...........

Big T
03-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Steelers CB Ike Taylor has agreed to take a pay cut to remain with the team.
Taylor, 34 in May, was previously scheduled to earn a $7 million salary and count $11.94 million against the cap in the final year of his deal. It was a smart move on Taylor's part, as the cornerback market is already loaded with veteran castoffs. GM Kevin Colbert continues to stay loyal to his aging players and appears frightened to make a tough decision. Taylor isn't a top cover corner anymore.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/651/ike-taylor

Still with this? Jesus. The same day they cut Woodley.

steelchamp204
03-10-2014, 09:01 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/651/ike-taylor

Still with this? Jesus. The same day they cut Woodley.

Ike is horrible.

coldrolled
03-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Ike is horrible.

He is not horrible, just a step off.. off the bench i bet he is fine with his retirement pay.

Big T
03-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Ike is horrible.

I was referring to the quote that Colbert is scared to make tough decisions... It's a load. Ike isn't horrible. He's getting up there age-wise and had a bad year but he can still play.

Big T
03-10-2014, 10:23 PM
@EdBouchette: Ike Taylor agrees to 1-year deal for $2.75 M salary. No years added. Cut from $7M salary. Saves team $4.25 M in cap room.

muncher
03-10-2014, 11:51 PM
ike is ten times better than that POS woodley and people wanted to keep him at 8+.
this is a great signing unlike heath and troy

igor0190
03-11-2014, 12:08 AM
ike is ten times better than that POS woodley and people wanted to keep him at 8+.

:plus1:

steelchamp204
03-11-2014, 02:14 AM

Yes, when Ike was rated one of the worse DBs in all of football last season.

:yellowthumb:

Pokey Jones
03-11-2014, 02:30 AM
@EdBouchette: Ike Taylor agrees to 1-year deal for $2.75 M salary. No years added. Cut from $7M salary. Saves team $4.25 M in cap room.

If these numbers are accurate it is a great deal for the Steelers. All this hating on Ike is depressing. He can still play. Just give him a little (just a little) pass rush and maybe let Troy stop playing LB and provide some actual safety support once in a while and then maybe Ike won't look so bad.

SuperSteelers
03-11-2014, 05:23 AM
unlike heath and troy

Relax bro, it's not that serious.

Real Deal Steel
03-11-2014, 06:36 AM
I still see Arron Pryor of the Raiders just going by Troy and Troy falling further and further behind. And I still see that TE of the Dolphins (Clay) having a career day on Troy. I'll be happy when we finally move Troy.

steelchamp204
03-11-2014, 10:01 AM
I still see Arron Pryor of the Raiders just going by Troy and Troy falling further and further behind. And I still see that TE of the Dolphins (Clay) having a career day on Troy. I'll be happy when we finally move Troy.

Wrong thread. It's Terrelle Pryor by the way.

Real Deal Steel
03-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Wrong thread. It's Terrelle Pryor by the way.

Don't matter. If he was Goofy from Disney, he'd still be motoring past Troy.

coldrolled
03-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Don't matter. If he was Goofy from Disney, he'd still be motoring past Troy.

I think Pryor ran thru a hole on the side where we had no quality MLB

Real Deal Steel
03-11-2014, 11:26 AM
I think Pryor ran thru a hole on the side where we had no quality MLB

But Troy comes down and assumes that role. LOL. But I hear ya. :)

Pokey Jones
03-11-2014, 03:18 PM
You seem to fail to understand that D works as a TEAM concept. Especially with DL's system. Any weak link and you have players out of position and there are holes to exploit. Blaming the guy the tv cameras follow isn't always the reason the play happened. Troy is still a great safety. We are just asking him to do too much. He used to play for 3, now he should only be asked to play his own position and not have to try to be 3 guys at once. If we do that, he'll be fine. As will Ike, who rarely gets any help at all.
What we need, is not to replace Ike and Troy (not for a few years anyway) but to get a D line (right now only Heyward is worth anything) and maybe an ILB if the ones on the roster don't step up. Do that, and you'll be singing the praises of the re-energized secondary.

Real Deal Steel
03-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Okay, we'll see. Mr. Freelance staying home and playing his position? I'll believe it when I see it.