PDA

View Full Version : The Cleaning Begins

coldrolled
02-13-2014, 08:24 AM
The Saints announced it terminated the contracts of cornerback Jabari Greer, safety Roman Harper and linebacker/defensive end Will Smith. The Saints also announced they don't plan to re-sign impending free-agent linebacker Jonathan Vilma.

LatrobePA
02-13-2014, 09:05 AM
Wonder when ours will come..

Real Deal Steel
02-13-2014, 09:49 AM
Won't be long. Woodley, bye bye.

FlatsSteeler
02-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Wonder when ours will come..
Not Soon Enough.......I wouldn't mind a Total Cleaning...From the Rooneys on down to the ball boy.....I really can't stand the Rooneys.........My Opinion.....Bash Away....lol.....

ChucktownSteeler
02-13-2014, 10:03 AM
I don't think Woodley will be cut until after June 1.

coldrolled
02-13-2014, 10:09 AM

He should take a major paycut and sign a cheap 5 year contract. if not he is done. who wants a player that stands on the sidelines and is basically a backup player now. he wont...

ChucktownSteeler
02-13-2014, 10:13 AM
He should take a major paycut and sign a cheap 5 year contract. if not he is done. who wants a player that stands on the sidelines and is basically a backup player now. he wont...

Good riddance. Cut him after June 1, sign Worilds.

NeilPatrickBanana
02-13-2014, 10:26 AM

correct. they would take such a huge dead 2014 cap hit if they "officially" release him before June 1.
BUT

I believe they can release him sooner with a "designated after June 1" accounting trick. Didn't they do that with Colon last year? Now, they don't get the cap savings until after June 1, but they player can move on and the front office can show Worrilds they are commited to him.

LatrobePA
02-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Woodley, Clark, Ike, Pouncey

FlatsSteeler
02-13-2014, 11:09 AM
Would be a good start.....

TarlsQtr
02-13-2014, 12:21 PM

Pouncey no way. Who will play center? He is the only one under contract and even if we resign Velasco (we should), he will only be 8 months out of a major injury come training camp. He will start season on PUP.

I would also point out that Munchak's system is tailor made for Pouncey's skill set. Once he is completely healed, I bet he is Pro Bowl caliber again.

TarlsQtr
02-13-2014, 12:23 PM
I love Will Smith. He was a local kid for me.

WindyCityShaker
02-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Pouncey no way. Who will play center?

I would also point out that Munchak's system is tailor made for Pouncey's skill set. Once he is completely healed, I bet he is Pro Bowl caliber again.

Not saying keep him or get rid of him, it all comes down to the financials for me. Wallace could always start should we think that money is best spent elsewhere.

coldrolled
02-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Pouncey has to stay... or Sign and then trade him for something.

coldrolled
02-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Nate Burleson's four-year run as Calvin Johnson's sidekick is over.

"It's a hard decision for them to make, but I can't blame them for making it," Burleson told Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free-Press.

There goes Mike Evans.....

Big T
02-13-2014, 03:23 PM
Nate Burleson's four-year run as Calvin Johnson's sidekick is over.

"It's a hard decision for them to make, but I can't blame them for making it," Burleson told Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free-Press.

There goes Mike Evans.....

That's fine with me. Not a huge fan of Mike Evans. Kelvin Benjamin on the other hand could be nasty. I'm kinda hoping Evans is off the board at 15. Benjamin is so intriguing. Is potential is through the roof. Sammy Watkins is by far the best receiver in this draft, but Benjamin is my #2.

Real Deal Steel
02-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Benjamin has to show me more. To me, he looked as slow as molasses out there. Can he catch? Yes. I've just got to see more.

If Evans is off the board, then it's an easy choice to take the best D-line player on the board that fits our scheme. There are other WR prospects in this draft that I like in the second round too.

Big T
02-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Benjamin has to show me more. To me, he looked as slow as molasses out there. Can he catch? Yes. I've just got to see more.

If Evans is off the board, then it's an easy choice to take the best D-line player on the board that fits our scheme. There are other WR prospects in this draft that I like in the second round too.

Benjamin isn't going to run in the 4.3s, but at 6'5+ 240ish, he certainly has above average speed. He was their main deep threat this year. A large percentage of his catches came on deep throws. You add his deep ball ability with his size, ability to adjust to the ball in the air, ability to high point the ball, make catches in traffic, catch radius, willingness to go over the middle and his ability in the Redzone, his potential is off the charts. Really his only issues are consistency (he'll drop an easy pass now an again) and route running (though he certainly isnt a terrible route runner).

I'm betting he runs mid-4.5s... Which is plenty of speed for a man his size. He's a matchup nightmare.

Big T
02-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Louis Delmas was cut by the Lions today.

Real Deal Steel
02-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Benjamin isn't going to run in the 4.3s, but at 6'5+ 240ish, he certainly has above average speed. He was their main deep threat this year. A large percentage of his catches came on deep throws. You add his deep ball ability with his size, ability to adjust to the ball in the air, ability to high point the ball, make catches in traffic, catch radius, willingness to go over the middle and his ability in the Redzone, his potential is off the charts. Really his only issues are consistency (he'll drop an easy pass now an again) and route running (though he certainly isnt a terrible route runner).

I'm betting he runs mid-4.5s... Which is plenty of speed for a man his size. He's a matchup nightmare.

He looked way slower then 4.5 but if he runs in the 4.5s, then he's also on the Ravens radar big time. :(

Black@Gold Forever32
02-13-2014, 08:22 PM
I read Gerry Dulac's weekly chat and he said the Steelers intend to draft a tall WR for Ben.....I started the pimping for Benjamin weeks before he became the forum favorite.....Yes its cause I always want a tall/physical WR......Benjamin or Evans would be fine with me at 15.........

coldrolled
02-13-2014, 11:04 PM
I read Gerry Dulac's weekly chat and he said the Steelers intend to draft a tall WR for Ben.....I started the pimping for Benjamin weeks before he became the forum favorite.....Yes its cause I always want a tall/physical WR......Benjamin or Evans would be fine with me at 15.........

If he fails as a WR does he move to TE

ChucktownSteeler
02-14-2014, 07:38 AM
correct. they would take such a huge dead 2014 cap hit if they "officially" release him before June 1.
BUT

I believe they can release him sooner with a "designated after June 1" accounting trick. Didn't they do that with Colon last year? Now, they don't get the cap savings until after June 1, but they player can move on and the front office can show Worrilds they are commited to him.

Yes, I believe that is possible and would give flexibility to sign Worilds.

Real Deal Steel
02-14-2014, 09:21 AM
If he fails as a WR does he move to TE

Hell yeah! Of course he would be put at TE. If we got him, he's going to stick on this team in one of those positions. Or both.

coldrolled
02-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Can the Redskins sign all these free agents on D. We should maybe take note...

Rob Jackson, LB
Brian Orakpo, LB
Darryl Tapp, LB
Nick Barnett, LB
London Fletcher, LB
Bryan Kehl, LB
Perry Riley, LB
E.J. Biggers, LB
DeAngelo Hall, CB
Josh Wilson, CB
Reed Doughty, S
Jose Gumbs, S
Brandon Meriweather, S

Real Deal Steel
02-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Adding Jose Wilson wouldn't be a bad move. Still take a DB in the draft but we need the depth.

NeilPatrickBanana
02-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Can the Redskins sign all these free agents on D. We should maybe take note...

Rob Jackson, LB
Brian Orakpo, LB
Darryl Tapp, LB
Nick Barnett, LB
London Fletcher, LB
Bryan Kehl, LB
Perry Riley, LB
E.J. Biggers, LB
DeAngelo Hall, CB
Josh Wilson, CB
Reed Doughty, S
Jose Gumbs, S
Brandon Meriweather, S

Biggers is a CB... and one that would be interesting to take a look at on the cheap.

LevonKirkland99
02-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Not Soon Enough.......I wouldn't mind a Total Cleaning...From the Rooneys on down to the ball boy.....I really can't stand the Rooneys.........My Opinion.....Bash Away....lol.....

Are you serious or you got too much sun in Florida. The Rooneys while not perfect, are one of the classiest organizations.

steelers75
02-16-2014, 11:15 AM

Yeah, after all, that approach has worked so well for the Browns.

teeceemadison
02-16-2014, 07:17 PM
name escapes me now, but the guy who filled in when velasco went down...we didnt miss a beat on the oline as far as i could tell.....not sure china doll pouncey is worth the risk....

coldrolled
02-16-2014, 08:07 PM
name escapes me now, but the guy who filled in when velasco went down...we didnt miss a beat on the oline as far as i could tell.....not sure china doll pouncey is worth the risk....

Wallace

Nolrog
02-16-2014, 10:02 PM

They can cut him now and designate him a post June 1 cut. That just means they have to carry his full cap hit on the books until June 1st, but Woodley could start looking for a new team.

coldrolled
02-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Woodley need to take Suggs's lead.....

Ravens and Terrell Suggs have agreed to terms on a contract extension, according to a source informed of the deal. The team has already announced a news conference for Monday, when the contract will officially be signed.

This quickly resolves one of Baltimore's most pressing offseason questions. Suggs' $12.4 million cap figure was too much for a pass rusher who struggled down the stretch last year, and he was amenable to re-working his deal. NFL Media's Albert Breer reports that "multiple years" will be added to his existing deal and lower his cap figure.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome sent a message to Suggs after the season, making it clear that Suggs wouldn't be back under the terms of his old deal.

steelchamp204
02-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Woodley need to take Suggs's lead.....

Ravens and Terrell Suggs have agreed to terms on a contract extension, according to a source informed of the deal. The team has already announced a news conference for Monday, when the contract will officially be signed.

This quickly resolves one of Baltimore's most pressing offseason questions. Suggs' $12.4 million cap figure was too much for a pass rusher who struggled down the stretch last year, and he was amenable to re-working his deal. NFL Media's Albert Breer reports that "multiple years" will be added to his existing deal and lower his cap figure.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome sent a message to Suggs after the season, making it clear that Suggs wouldn't be back under the terms of his old deal.

I couldnt see Colbert saying that to Woodley.

Big T
02-17-2014, 11:29 AM
I couldnt see Colbert saying that to Woodley.

Why not? The pretty much did it with James Harrison.

Real Deal Steel
02-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Well, atleast what Suggs did lays a foundation that Colbert could say, " See? We want to do something like what the Ravens did with Suggs." and Woodley shouldn't feel slighted now.

But I don't think we should resign him. I'd rather let him go a year too early then hold him a year too late.

LatrobePA
02-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Woodley in no way shape or form should be brought back unless he takes a huge pay cut and is ready to be a backup. The dude can't stay healthy!

steelchamp204
02-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Why not? The pretty much did it with James Harrison.

Woodley is younger than when they let Harrison go, James came off of back surgery if I believe and being an outside LB that uses leverage as much as Harrison did was a good reason to let him go if he wouldn't take a paycut. Wood hasn't had any major surgeries that would hamper him playing. He just has nagging injuries

That would be the reasoning, just playing devils advocate. I hope Woodley is gone and we move on with Worilds

coldrolled
02-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Woodley in no way shape or form should be brought back unless he takes a huge pay cut and is ready to be a backup. The dude can't stay healthy!

If Worilds and Jones work out and woodley is a signed backup on the cheaper side, we can always trade him in season before the trade deadline to a desperate team for a good pick.

Stone
02-17-2014, 12:59 PM

Yeah, or better yet, just take to team and move to Alaska! That way those of us who have had the pleasure of being fans of the greatest sports franchise in the world will be able to go out a winner:lol:

FlatsSteeler
02-17-2014, 01:22 PM
Yeah, or better yet, just take to team and move to Alaska! That way those of us who have had the pleasure of being fans of the greatest sports franchise in the world will be able to go out a winner:lol:

Last time I checked the Steelers haven't been winners in the past 2 seasons....If change isn't made that trend will continue......
PS I love to Fish.....Bait the Hook and reel them in......

Stone
02-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Last time I checked the Steelers haven't been winners in the past 2 seasons....If change isn't made that trend will continue......
PS I love to Fish.....Bait the Hook and reel them in......

And get a complete new organization every time they lose a game:lol:

FlatsSteeler
02-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Fish On.......

LatrobePA
02-17-2014, 02:13 PM
If Worilds and Jones work out and woodley is a signed backup on the cheaper side, we can always trade him in season before the trade deadline to a desperate team for a good pick.

I like!

coldrolled
02-17-2014, 10:09 PM
In 19 games last season, the Seattle Seahawks picked off a league-leading 32 passes. Meanwhile, the Pittsburgh Steelers have intercepted 31 -- over the past three years.

Improving a drooping secondary looms as a must this offseason, and the Steelers aren't wasting any time.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Louis Delmas is visiting with the team Monday, per a source informed of the player's plans. The Detroit Lions would like to re-sign the safety after releasing him last week, but Delmas is intent to test the market.

While Steelers president Art Rooney II has made it his "goal" to keep Troy Polamalu in Pittsburgh until the All-Pro retires, we don't expect 34-year-old safety Ryan Clark to return. Delmas -- ranked 26th at his position last season, per Pro Football Focus -- has experience at both strong and free safety, but the distinction between those two roles has grown increasingly nebulous in many of the league's defensive schemes.

What a Delmas signing would give the Steelers is another athletic, every-down player who started in all 16 games for Detroit one season ago. Lingering knee issues make him far from a sure bet to stay on the field -- or possibly secure a big-money deal -- but at 26, Delmas is one of the league's hardest-hitting defensive backs.

If he doesn't land in Pittsburgh, he'll find a starting job somewhere else before it's all said and done.

Stone
02-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Fish On.......

Aren't hobbies fun! For example, despite it being politically incorrect, I love to kick the mentally challenged.

Kick

FlatsSteeler
02-19-2014, 06:57 AM
Aren't hobbies fun! For example, despite it being politically incorrect, I love to kick the mentally challenged.

Kick

Very Mature......About as expected.......Zzzzzzzzzzzzz almost Spooled.......

Stone
02-19-2014, 08:17 AM
Very Mature......About as expected.......Zzzzzzzzzzzzz almost Spooled.......

Especially when they fight back.

Kick

FlatsSteeler
02-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Especially when they fight back.

Kick

Oh that is what you call a fight.......Wow you are a Tough Guy...... plenty of E-Muscle.......
Zzzzzzzzzzzz.........The Hook is deep looks like a huge Sucker....with plenty of E Fight......I have to loosen up the drag this Sucker is hooked way too deep......

LatrobePA
02-19-2014, 11:41 AM
This site has officially gone to s h I t!! Too much sitting back letting this happen, shame on the moderators!!

Real Deal Steel
02-19-2014, 03:49 PM
This site has officially gone to s h I t!! Too much sitting back letting this happen, shame on the moderators!!

Well, you know what's up with that. :)

coldrolled
02-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Problem: Possible Cleaning of a starting RB

Shocking New Video Shows Ray Rice Dragging His Unconscious Fiancée

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/02/19/shocking-video-of-ray-rice-incident-surfaces-online/

Real Deal Steel
02-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Sooooo...

Mr. Rice is slapping women to unconsciousness. Niiiiice. Maybe the Ravens are going to have to use a pick unexpectedly now on a RB in the draft? These little guys with chips on their shoulder are something else. LOL

Big T
02-20-2014, 12:38 AM
Sooooo...

Mr. Rice is slapping women to unconsciousness. Niiiiice. Maybe the Ravens are going to have to use a pick unexpectedly now on a RB in the draft? These little guys with chips on their shoulder are something else. LOL

I don't see them cutting him over this, but if they do they have Bernard Pierce who isn't a scrub.

coldrolled
02-20-2014, 06:25 AM
I don't see them cutting him over this, but if they do they have Bernard Pierce who isn't a scrub.

Beating Women in 2013... FO will have a politically correct reaction.

WindyCityShaker
02-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Beating Women in 2013... FO will have a politically correct reaction.

This. If it's actually proved that she's unconscious as a result of him unjustifiably assaulting her, then yes, I don't see any way they can't release him............especially after his performance last season.

steelchamp204
02-20-2014, 11:52 AM
This. If it's actually proved that she's unconscious as a result of him unjustifiably assaulting her, then yes, I don't see any way they can't release him............especially after his performance last season.

The video looked like she was knocked the **** out.

Real Deal Steel
02-20-2014, 12:27 PM
The video looked like she was knocked the **** out.

But his attorney is saying she was out because of being drunk. LOL.

steelchamp204
02-20-2014, 12:53 PM
But his attorney is saying she was out because of being drunk. LOL.

If you paid me over 200k for a case. I would probably blame it on the alcohol. Look, he knocked her out. lol

TarlsQtr
02-20-2014, 05:44 PM
If he knocked her out cold, there will be marks to say the least. It could have been either. Perhaps he kearned more from Ray Ray than they let on.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Real Deal Steel
02-23-2014, 12:09 PM
From now on, he'll be known as Ray (I'll knock a b!tch out ) Rice. LOL

Stone
02-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Oh that is what you call a fight.......Wow you are a Tough Guy...... plenty of E-Muscle.......
Zzzzzzzzzzzz.........The Hook is deep looks like a huge Sucker....with plenty of E Fight......I have to loosen up the drag this Sucker is hooked way too deep......

Well slick; it really has nothing to do with e-muscle on my part. I just find it amuzing that use use this forum to play your fishing games and then brag about how good you are at it. Are you the Skip Bayless of this forum? Making your mark by making stupid statements to see how much debate you can generate?

FlatsSteeler
02-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Well slick; it really has nothing to do with e-muscle on my part. I just find it amuzing that use use this forum to play your fishing games and then brag about how good you are at it. Are you the Skip Bayless of this forum? Making your mark by making stupid statements to see how much debate you can generate?

A week later you start again.....Funny.....

steelchamp204
02-26-2014, 08:18 AM
Is it true that they might not keep Woodley??

Real Deal Steel
02-26-2014, 09:55 AM
They shouldn't keep Woodley. He's done. I don't care that we have additional monies from the way the cap was raised. It's time to move on and get younger and faster at the LB position. It just is.

I'd rather move him a year too early instead of a year too late.

NeilPatrickBanana
02-26-2014, 10:22 AM
They shouldn't keep Woodley. He's done. I don't care that we have additional monies from the way the cap was raised. It's time to move on and get younger and faster at the LB position. It just is.

I'd rather move him a year too early instead of a year too late.

If Woodley is willing to take the proper pay cut, we should keep him.

If we cut Woodley before June 1, we take 14.17 in dead cap space in 2014. This will NOT happen.

If we cut Woodley (designated) after June 1, we take 5.59 in dead cap space in 2014 and 8.58 in 2015 in dead cap space.

Woodley's 2014 salary is 8 million.

If he were to take a pay cut to say, 3 million... he would then have a cap hit of 8.59 for 2014.
So would you rather have:
a.) No Woodley and 5.59 in 2014 Cap space eaten up (dead)
b.) Woodley and 8.59 in 2014 Cap space eaten up (with player)

The obvious answer is B.

Then, if Worrilds and Jarvis emerge in 2014, you can cut Woodley next year for the same 8.58 in dead 2015 space (same as if you cut him post June 1 this year). Or you could spread it out over 2015 and 2016 with 5.59 and 2.99 dead cap space.

Now, with all that said... it's highly unlikely that Woodley takes such a massive pay cut... unless, he and his agent believe that a healthy season, in a system he knows, is the best way to rebuild his market value for an eventual release in after the 2014 season.

Real Deal Steel
02-26-2014, 10:44 AM
All that is based on " IF" Woodley still has anything in the tank. I say I don't want to try and find out either way. If he does have something left, it's not going to be as good as someone who's younger and faster and less injury prone. If he doesn't have anything left, then why have him on the sidelines complaining to be in the game?

After June 1, time to move on.

steelchamp204
02-26-2014, 11:24 AM
Sorry, I meant.

I heard they plan on keeping Woodley. Is that true???

JensK
02-26-2014, 12:07 PM
I think the only official word is that they see it as an opportunity. I do think he'll need to restructure to have a hope in hell staying in Pittsburgh though

NeilPatrickBanana
02-26-2014, 12:51 PM
All that is based on " IF" Woodley still has anything in the tank. I say I don't want to try and find out either way. If he does have something left, it's not going to be as good as someone who's younger and faster and less injury prone. If he doesn't have anything left, then why have him on the sidelines complaining to be in the game?

After June 1, time to move on.

it's actually based on economics and net asset value, but feel free to read it differently.

Big T
02-26-2014, 12:53 PM
I think the increased cap (far more than anticipated) makes it more likely he'll return than it seemed at the end of the year. He needs to take a pay cut though. He proved this past season that he still can ball before yet another injury. Ability isn't his problem. It's a shame he hasn't been able to stay healthy, but when he has, he's played well.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Big T
02-26-2014, 03:52 PM
Interesting...

@AdamSchefter: Browns announced they released LB D'Qwell Jackson.

WindyCityShaker
02-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Interesting...

@AdamSchefter: Browns announced they released LB D'Qwell Jackson.

That piqued my interest too,

NeilPatrickBanana
02-27-2014, 01:40 PM
That piqued my interest too,

the free agent market is going to be so flooded... i feel like they just arbitrarily raised the cap to make the NFLPA happy... lol

WindyCityShaker
02-27-2014, 02:15 PM
the free agent market is going to be so flooded... i feel like they just arbitrarily raised the cap to make the NFLPA happy... lol

Why'd they get rid of him though, it's not like he's making crazy money and the guy's a tackling machine?

edit: unless they're getting ready for a schematic change on defense themselves? Back to 3-4?

Big T
02-27-2014, 03:03 PM
Why'd they get rid of him though, it's not like he's making crazy money and the guy's a tackling machine?

edit: unless they're getting ready for a schematic change on defense themselves? Back to 3-4?

He fits a 3-4 though too. And they have a lot of cap room.

NeilPatrickBanana
02-27-2014, 03:10 PM

rebuilding team, player due big roster bonus, team trying to get younger...

He should definitely be on our radar... he's a greater leader/character type

Big T
02-27-2014, 03:14 PM
rebuilding team, player due big roster bonus, team trying to get younger...

He should definitely be on our radar... he's a greater leader/character type

I hope they look at him or Brandon Spikes. Both would be good additions.

Big T
02-27-2014, 03:16 PM
With the names the Ravens were willing to let go last offseason, nothing should be a surprise.

But as they prepare to adjust the team via free agency, they’re letting go a pair of veterans.

According to Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun, the Ravens are releasing fullback Vonta Leach and linebacker Jameel McClain.

Leach came back last year in one of the most drawn-out sagas ever for a veteran fullback, and helped the Ravens (so to speak) to the worst rushing season in franchise history. Cutting him clears $1.75 million off the books.

The Ravens got McClain back on the field last year after his 2012 neck injury, and he started 10 games. But they can clear $3.2 million in cap space with the move and plug second-year linebacker Arthur Brown in to his spot.

With the Ravens trying to retain left tackle Eugene Monroe, they’re going to need cap room, and getting rid of disposable veterans is a sure way to do it.

We had this discussion last off season, but I wouldn't be against giving Leach a look.

LatrobePA
02-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Leach! He'd look good in B&G!

Real Deal Steel
02-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Worilds Update:

ESPN's Adam Caplan stated on NFL Insiders that free agent OLB Jason Worilds could command $6-7 million on the open market.
Caplan reported that as many as "6-8 teams" could be in the hunt for Worilds, who is a 26-year-old pass rusher coming off a breakout, eight-sack season. Caplan believes it's very unlikely Worilds re-ups with the Steelers. Worilds is our No. 18 overall player eligible for free agency. Only Brian Orakpo would be a more desirable signing at the 3-4 outside linebacker position.

Real Deal Steel
02-27-2014, 04:54 PM
Come on front office..don't let this one walk away.

K Train
02-27-2014, 05:08 PM
insane money for him, let him walk

Real Deal Steel
02-27-2014, 06:23 PM

Maybe. But that pushes LB up the priority list if he walks. It bothers me that we sat and moaned and groaned over this guy and just when we start to see the fruits of our investment, he walks. Just doesn't sit well.

steelchamp204
02-27-2014, 11:20 PM

He is right in his prime. Go 6.5. Not 8 or else we will be in another cap mess.

If Woodley cares so much about winning, he will take a pay cut. We shouldnt need to worry about OLB in THIS years draft. Sign Worilds please. This is what always happens when they let young guys sit on the bench until 1-2 years before there next contract then the Steelers end up overpaying for them.

They fell back some due to not retaining Keenan Lewis, even though most say he would have left anyways. Don't let it happen with Worilds.

SuperSteelers
02-28-2014, 01:37 AM

^This

JackLambert
02-28-2014, 07:25 AM
Worilds is this year's Keenan Lewis. It's going to suck when he leaves. We really re-upped some of the wrong players...

Big T
02-28-2014, 07:41 AM
How did you come up with that assessment?

Besides the fact that Cleveland has run a 3-4 in 6 of the 8 years he's been in the league, including 2013 under Ray Horton?

He's a better fit in a 4-3, but he can play in a 3-4.

NeilPatrickBanana
02-28-2014, 08:53 AM

yea, like Keenan Lewis... which turned out so well...

6 million per would be a great deal
7 million per is fine
8 million per would be pushing it...

let's say 6.5 per avg for 6 years
39 million total package

Since he doesn't have a huge resume... the signing bonus is likely to be lower... with some type of Roster Bonus after a year or 2.... first 2 seasons guaranteed salary

6 million signing bonus
4 million guaranteed salary in years 1 and 2
4 million roster bonus in year 3

10 million guaranteed in first 2 seasons
additional 4 million guaranteed via roster bonus in year 3

Year 1: 1 mil salary / 1 mil bonus allocation / 2.0 cap hit
Year 2: 3 mil salary / 1 mil bonus allocation / 4.0 cap hit
Roster Bonus Paid
Year 3: 4 mil salary / 1 mil bonus allocation / 1 mill roster bonus = 6.0 cap
Year 4: 7 mil salary / 1 mil bonus allocation / 1 mill roster bonus = 9.0 cap
Year 5: 7 mil salary / 1 mil bonus allocation / 1 mill roster bonus = 9.0 cap
Year 6: 7 mil salary / 1 mil bonus allocation / 1 mill roster bonus = 9.0 cap

If he doesn't perform in the first 2 years, the Steelers could get out with 4 million in dead space...

LatrobePA
02-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Yea that makes a lot of sense to let him walk. Took 3 years to finally get a chance to prove he's worthy and now we'll just let him walk! Great thinking Steelers and people out here! Our pass rush sucked balls now with a gimpy Woodley we'll be awesome!

coldrolled
02-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Lets draft Mosley then our DL will look alive again. We have 0 MLB's other than Timmons. Hed cant do it alone.

LatrobePA
02-28-2014, 12:05 PM
This team makes me sick... Let guys rot on the bench then they become good and you can't afford to pay them!

coldrolled
02-28-2014, 12:08 PM
This team makes me sick... Let guys rot on the bench then they become good and you can't afford to pay them!

it seems like a trend.. i think its a DL and Tomlin thing.. kinda like High School football.. seniors play and freshman watch no matter.

NeilPatrickBanana
02-28-2014, 12:11 PM
it seems like a trend.. i think its a DL and Tomlin thing.. kinda like High School football.. seniors play and freshman watch no matter.

yea, that's why Jarvis Jones and Shamarko Thomas saw so much playing time in the first 4 weeks... while we went 0-4.... they had their playing time cut drastically and we went 8-4 the rest of the way....

Big T
02-28-2014, 12:21 PM
It's funny that people bitch about young guys not playing when they actually do. How was Worilds supposed to get on the field before? You weren't going to put him in over Harrison or Woodley in 2010. You weren't going to out him in over Harrison or Woodley in 2011, but he saw significant playing time because of injuries to both and he was bad. He had plenty of opportunities in 2012 with injuries to Harrison and Woodley, and underwhelmed. Last season he was slated to start but was so underwhelming he was overtaken by a rookie after one game. It took getting benched in favor of a rookie for him to finally show something. NPB already mentioned Jarvis and Shamarko getting plenty of playing time. Vince Williams started a bunch of games this year as a 6th round pick. Sure it was because of injury but they could've given the job to someone more experienced or signed someone off the street. Cortez was manned up one-on-one on Gronk as a rookie in 2011 and did a hell of a job with him. Ziggy Hood played a **** ton of snaps as a rookie and beyond, unfortunately.

Young players will get on the field, but they aren't going to put them out there just to do it.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Plus Worilds really didn't look like much early on in his career......Just like Keenan Lewis who really had one good year with the Steelers and even was in Tomlin's dog house at times.........

NeilPatrickBanana
02-28-2014, 12:35 PM
It takes time to develop players... unfortunately, the Steelers ran into a few classes of draft picks that developed coming out of a super bowl era where top starters were carrying max cap hits... and the Steelers chose (like any franchise would), to try to go for a few more rings, at the expense of being able to retain the top younger talent they were developing (Wallace, Lewis, and potentially Worrilds)

coldrolled
02-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Vonta Leach, Jameel McClain cut by Baltimore Ravens

By Kevin Patra
Around the League writer

The Baltimore Ravens are no stranger to shedding veteran contracts in the offseason.

It's not on the level of last year's purge, but the Ravens released fullback Vonta Leach and linebacker Jameel McClain on Thursday, according to the team's official website.
2014 free-agent roundup

The Ravens save $1.75 million in cap space by parting ways with Leach and $3.2 million by cutting McClain.

coldrolled
02-28-2014, 12:41 PM
yea, that's why Jarvis Jones and Shamarko Thomas saw so much playing time in the first 4 weeks... while we went 0-4.... they had their playing time cut drastically and we went 8-4 the rest of the way....

thats how it is... this year they can play more.. hopefully they learned something last year.

Nolrog
02-28-2014, 02:01 PM

Correlation does not imply causation.

LatrobePA
02-28-2014, 03:24 PM
What's that pudding pounder? Got your stupid as s blocked! Too bad can't read your bull!

Big T
02-28-2014, 05:03 PM
@AdamSchefter: Seahawks officially have released defensive end Red Bryant and wide receiver Sidney Rice, the team announced.

I really hope they take a look at Red Bryant. He would be a great addition. He'd be a very good 5-tech and shouldn't command a lot of money.

Big T
02-28-2014, 05:41 PM
They need to add some O lineman, not blow up the whole team lol. Jesus. If I were in the Steelers FO, I'd dangle a 2nd in front of them for Jordan.

A year after trading up to get Dion Jordan with the third overall pick in the draft, the Dolphins have begun shopping him to other clubs, league sources said. Miami has talked to other teams already to gauge Jordan's trade value.

Numerous league sources, including executives from other teams, say the Dolphins might also be open to dealing receiver Mike Wallace and pass-rushing ace Cam Wake. That perception has only grown through the course of this week, through conversations with numerous decision-makers from other clubs, as Miami looks to retool its roster under a new regime.

The Dolphins need to revamp their offensive line, possibly by moving up the draft board to land an offensive tackle.

Sources close to Wallace, Jordan and Wake expressed a belief that a trade would not be a shock this offseason, though Wallace's hefty contract would limit his options.

The Dolphins, with head coach Joe Philbin assuming even greater influence after the dismissal of general manager Jeff Ireland, and with rookie GM Dennis Hickey now in his place, are in transition mode as it awaits league discipline from the Wells Report.

Miami wants to secure top cornerback Brent Grimes and could be losing several defensive linemen in free agency as well, creating holes that must be filled. With draft picks so cheap in this CBA, and Miami parting with some already last year to move up and get Jordan, including players in trades might be preferable to current or future picks.

Jordan did not click with the coaches last season, he had to play through a very difficult shoulder injury, and was not seen as a strong fit in their scheme (he's an edge rusher that best fits a 3-4 defense).

The man who drafted Jordan (former GM Jeff Ireland) is gone, so it might be time for Jordan to move on as well. With Koa Misi and Olivier Vernon occupying defensive end spots with Miami in its 4-3 scheme, finding playing time for Jordan might be tough barring injury.

Jordan's return time from a shoulder injury limited his progress, and with rookie compensation so low, it is easy to trade even first-round picks (the 49ers and Chiefs swapped recent first-round picks last year, for instance, and the Browns traded Trent Richardson to the Colts).

It may prove tough to get decent value for such an unproven commodity, and word continues to make the rounds among GMs that the Dolphins may end up moving a more established player, like Wallace or Wake, to be positioned to move up; and select an elite tackle in this draft, or to address other issues on the roster.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24460690/miami-dolphins-shopping-2013-first-round-pick-dion-jordan

Real Deal Steel
02-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Dolphins are a hot mess. Patriots have another easy road to the playoffs.

coldrolled
02-28-2014, 06:40 PM
The Seahawks announced Friday that wide receiver Sidney Rice and defensive tackle Red Bryant have been released.

Big T
02-28-2014, 07:09 PM
The Seahawks announced Friday that wide receiver Sidney Rice and defensive tackle Red Bryant have been released.

Look a few posts above yours lol

NeilPatrickBanana
02-28-2014, 09:57 PM
I really hope they take a look at Red Bryant. He would be a great addition. He'd be a very good 5-tech and shouldn't command a lot of money.

He IS a very good 5 tech

Real Deal Steel
03-02-2014, 05:22 PM
I expect the Patriots to kick the tires on Sidney Rice.

Mike Tomlin
03-03-2014, 12:54 AM
I expect the Patriots to kick the tires on Sidney Rice.

They better be careful , you kick those tires too hard one might fall off lol.

coldrolled
03-06-2014, 04:56 PM
The Transition Tag...

Alex Mack would have been an outstanding free-agent target for Indy, but the Browns slapped the center with the transition tag, ensuring Cleveland a chance to match any deal he nets on the open market.

Is the deal up to Mack at all? Like if the Browns match it, can Mack just take the Steelers deal?

Big T
03-06-2014, 05:05 PM
The Transition Tag...

Alex Mack would have been an outstanding free-agent target for Indy, but the Browns slapped the center with the transition tag, ensuring Cleveland a chance to match any deal he nets on the open market.

Is the deal up to Mack at all? Like if the Browns match it, can Mack just take the Steelers deal?

They aren't going to offer Mack a contract lol

SCR
03-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Darren Sproles and Lance Moore cut. Will never happen, but Sproles sure would be an interesting fit here.

Big T
03-10-2014, 03:10 PM
@AdamSchefter: Jets released WR Santonio Holmes.

coldrolled
03-10-2014, 03:17 PM
@AdamSchefter: Jets released WR Santonio Holmes.

Nice... Back to Wake-n-Bake Hes Money...

Real Deal Steel
03-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Well he was properly punished for his treason to us. Serving a serious sentence in the Jets organization. Hahaha

Big T
03-10-2014, 03:37 PM
@rayfitt1: RT @RichCimini: Santonio Holmes' final line with the Jets: Four seasons, 43 games, four 100-yard receiving days, $26.25 million in earnings. #Jets

NeilPatrickBanana
03-10-2014, 03:40 PM
@rayfitt1: RT @RichCimini: Santonio Holmes' final line with the Jets: Four seasons, 43 games, four 100-yard receiving days, $26.25 million in earnings. #Jets

Colbert traded him... and then drafted Brown in the 6th round... Colbert sucks

LatrobePA
03-10-2014, 03:44 PM
I'd honestly consider bringing him in..

Big T
03-10-2014, 03:48 PM
I'd honestly consider bringing him in..

It's funny how all the people that bitch about them signing recycled old steelers players (McFadden, Gay, Spaeth, etc...) are now open to it...

Real Deal Steel
03-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Probably sentimentality....he did make the greatest catch in Super Bowl history. :)

coldrolled
03-10-2014, 03:58 PM
It's funny how all the people that bitch about them signing recycled old steelers players (McFadden, Gay, Spaeth, etc...) are now open to it...

Not that were open to it, it usually happens lol

Big T
03-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Probably sentimentality....he did make the greatest catch in Super Bowl history. :)

Yes he did. It's sad, but it almost reminds me of the Flacco situation. He was one of my favorite Steelers when he was here, but he's had a grand total of ONE 1,000+ yard season in 8 years. He turned a great playoff run and SB into a big payday after he was traded to the Jets. He was another one with so much talent and potential and just never really lived up to it.

That f*cking catch was so damn beautiful though lol.

Real Deal Steel
03-10-2014, 04:58 PM
When I think about the situation, the pressure, the pass and the catch...it's almost orgasmic! GO STEELERS!!!

coldrolled
03-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Alex Mack - Mack's agent, Marvin Demoff, told TheMMQB.com’s Peter King that he believes he could craft a contract that would make it tough for the Browns to match.

"I'm confident we can come up with a structure that would have a reasonable likelihood to not be matched by the Browns -- and would be in full compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement," Demoff said Monday night.

Real Deal Steel
03-11-2014, 09:12 AM
I love the thought of taking a valuable piece from a division rival. Making us stronger and them automatically weaker.

coldrolled
03-11-2014, 10:45 AM
I love the thought of taking a valuable piece from a division rival. Making us stronger and them automatically weaker.

Sounds like he is gone ... Hes pushing to get out of the mistake. Browns would need to burn another top pick.

Real Deal Steel
03-11-2014, 12:56 PM
mistake by the lake. :)

coldrolled
03-11-2014, 02:46 PM
How about this idea of a mistake?
Could the Cleveland Browns pair cornerback Darrelle Revis with Joe Haden?

coldrolled
03-11-2014, 02:51 PM
us steelers will miss you! see you in tampa.

Michael Johnson as soon as Tuesday's free-agency window cracks opens at 4 p.m. ET, a source informed of their plans told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport. After five productive seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals, the defensive end plans to head to Florida on Tuesday night and take a physical with the team Wednesday.

Ibleedblk&gld
03-11-2014, 04:31 PM
us steelers will miss you! see you in tampa.

Michael Johnson as soon as Tuesday's free-agency window cracks opens at 4 p.m. ET, a source informed of their plans told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport. After five productive seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals, the defensive end plans to head to Florida on Tuesday night and take a physical with the team Wednesday.

We'll see him in Pittsburgh this year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

coldrolled
03-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Someone can actually get Ware and Woodley right now..

coldrolled
03-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Ravens losing Arthur Jones DE

Real Deal Steel
03-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Ravens losing Arthur Jones DE

Good.

coldrolled
03-11-2014, 05:50 PM
TJ Ward is a Bronco

Ibleedblk&gld
03-11-2014, 05:59 PM
I started a Free Agency Chat thread...updating as Adam Schefter tweets

LatrobePA
03-11-2014, 09:10 PM

He's in a diff league then those sh itbags.

coldrolled
03-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Broncos adding Ware, Ward, Talib

Someone see's the window of opportunity closing.

LatrobePA
03-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Broncos adding Ware, Ward, Talib

Someone see's the window of opportunity closing.

Quickly closing... Building around Manning's last season!

Real Deal Steel
03-12-2014, 10:17 AM
I've seen Ware either quit or be no factor in big games when he's guarded one on one. I don't think that much of him on a big time level.

coldrolled
03-12-2014, 10:21 AM
I've seen Ware either quit or be no factor in big games when he's guarded one on one. I don't think that much of him on a big time level.

Also, i have seen manning lose a bunch of big games. lol

Real Deal Steel
03-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Also, i have seen manning lose a bunch of big games. lol

P.Mannings fold jobs are legendary. I love making money off of Manning ball washers in the post season. You should have seen how I cleaned up when I watched the game at B.J. bar & grill and the bar was 75 percent Broncos fans.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-12-2014, 11:13 AM

What "big games" has Ware played in?

coldrolled
03-12-2014, 05:38 PM
The Detroit Lions have finalized a five-year contract with former Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Golden Tate, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday.

Evans drops a spot...

Big T
03-12-2014, 05:42 PM
The Detroit Lions have finalized a five-year contract with former Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Golden Tate, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday.

Evans drops a spot...

If he even makes it to 10

coldrolled
03-12-2014, 05:45 PM
If he even makes it to 10

chances were high lions wanted him.

Big T
03-12-2014, 06:06 PM
chances were high lions wanted him.

That's fine and all, but it's moot if he doesn't even make it to 10 lol. I'm saying even if the lions hadn't signed Tate, they may not have had th oppoirtunity to draft him (excluding a trade up of course)

coldrolled
03-13-2014, 09:45 PM
David Johnson gone

coldrolled
03-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Question: What is up with Miles Austin Dallas.... 6'2 220 29 years old.

Was his problem Romo? Or Himself?

NeilPatrickBanana
03-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Question: What is up with Miles Austin Dallas.... 6'2 220 29 years old.

Was his problem Romo? Or Himself?

his Hamstring

coldrolled
03-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Michael Oher signs contract with Tennessee Titans 20million Ravens need a center and OT

coldrolled
03-15-2014, 09:01 AM
But they signed WR Anquan Boldin 2.0: Ravens get another savvy vet built for the playoffs Steve Smith..
Ravens get 35 year old savy vet...?. Steelers have 35 year olds that need to retire because they are old.???.... Crack me up..

Real Deal Steel
03-15-2014, 10:37 AM
But they signed WR Anquan Boldin 2.0: Ravens get another savvy vet built for the playoffs Steve Smith..
Ravens get 35 year old savy vet...?. Steelers have 35 year olds that need to retire because they are old.???.... Crack me up..

Exactly!

Clevelandsux
03-15-2014, 02:22 PM
The question is will these moves make us a better football team? These are the players we've gone 8-8 with the last two seasons. Will the guys we bring in make us 10-6 or 11-5 or will it makes us 5-11 or 6-10?

NeilPatrickBanana
03-15-2014, 03:24 PM
The question is will these moves make us a better football team? These are the players we've gone 8-8 with the last two seasons. Will the guys we bring in make us 10-6 or 11-5 or will it makes us 5-11 or 6-10?

It's more about the growth from our young players, that's what will make us better this year (along with Ben not playing like **** in the first month)

coldrolled
03-15-2014, 03:30 PM
It's more about the growth from our young players, that's what will make us better this year (along with Ben not playing like **** in the first month)

Ben without Heath... We needed a real TE last year and we could have won 2 of those 4.

Big T
03-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Ben without Heath... We needed a real TE last year and we could have won 2 of those 4.

Guys, he's talking about Eifert...

Lol

Clevelandsux
03-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Yes injuries hurt us last year. Especially early in the season.

Mike Tomlin
03-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Then again if we would've had Bell those few weeks we might have won 2 of those 4.

coldrolled
03-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Then again if we would've had Bell those few weeks we might have won 2 of those 4.

Exactly... RB and TE

LOL Eifert... Maybe this year we get Ebron? lol

Real Deal Steel
03-15-2014, 05:34 PM

Your right. If we want the guy who could give us the most immediate impact to get us those two additional wins, that guy is Evans to me.

Nolrog
03-15-2014, 06:12 PM

Ah, you have hit on something that I've been thinking about. We went 8-8 each of the last two years. And now they are making some significant changes to the team, especially on defense. Hopefully they will all work out, but I think it was clear changes were needed.

Big T
03-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Exactly... RB and TE

LOL Eifert... Maybe this year we get Ebron? lol

I'd say there's a better chance they go Ebron this year (if he's there obviously), than there was they were gonna go Eifert last year. I guess that's easy to say after they passed on him, lol, but Ebron is a far superior prospect IMO. Couple that with Heath a year older and the fact that this team needs a Redzone threat and someone who can threaten the seam.

Real Deal Steel
03-15-2014, 07:28 PM
Ebron is a stud. I can't deny that. But the Giants have no TE above us and I think that's where he goes.

coldrolled
03-15-2014, 09:24 PM
Broncos Expected To Sign WR Emmauel Sanders

Big T
03-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Ebron is a stud. I can't deny that. But the Giants have no TE above us and I think that's where he goes.

Very possible

Real Deal Steel
03-16-2014, 02:39 PM
The Panthers will host free agent Jerricho Cotchery on Monday.
Carolina lost out to Indianapolis on Hakeem Nicks, and is now eyeing a journeyman slot receiver who turns 32 in June. The Steelers want to re-sign Cotchery, but they're in even worse salary cap condition than the Panthers.
Related: Panthers
Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Big T
03-16-2014, 03:11 PM
The Panthers will host free agent Jerricho Cotchery on Monday.
Carolina lost out to Indianapolis on Hakeem Nicks, and is now eyeing a journeyman slot receiver who turns 32 in June. The Steelers want to re-sign Cotchery, but they're in even worse salary cap condition than the Panthers.
Related: Panthers
Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

They have plenty of cap space to sign Cotchery. They're about $3.5M under and they get another $8M on June 2. They're fine.

coldrolled
03-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Starks is here monday and cotchery needs to be signed.. Velasco is still holding 6mil right now right?

NeilPatrickBanana
03-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Velasco is still holding 6mil right now right?

No?

Levi brown was... But he was cut

coldrolled
03-17-2014, 05:46 AM

That would put Mosley in our spot?

Real Deal Steel
03-17-2014, 06:55 AM
I think Mosley will be there when we select.

coldrolled
03-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Question to Ebron... Who would you say is showing you the most interest?

EE: There's a few of them, honestly, so it's getting really, really hectic. My agent is the one that really knows all that. I've talked to a couple of teams. I've talked to the Giants, the Lions, the Ravens, the 49ers. I talked to a whole bunch of teams at the combine."

Real Deal Steel
03-17-2014, 08:40 AM
Lions just resigned Pettigrew. Take them off the list.

coldrolled
03-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Lions just resigned Pettigrew. Take them off the list.

The Giants do have some LB and DL issues too. But do they go TE? Do we? I think for Ben we should.

JackLambert
03-17-2014, 09:38 AM
The Giants do have some LB and DL issues too. But do they go TE? Do we? I think for Ben we should.

We better do some major FA shopping if we're going TE in the 1st. This team has serious holes on the DL and offensive skill positions, to say nothing of LB/DB depth. TE is way down the list of needs for me.

coldrolled
03-17-2014, 10:38 AM
We better do some major FA shopping if we're going TE in the 1st. This team has serious holes on the DL and offensive skill positions, to say nothing of LB/DB depth. TE is way down the list of needs for me.

Offensive skill positions like a TE/WR who is 6'5 and very athletic, that kinda offensive weapon???

We wont get Gilbert. hes top 10 we dont need to spend a #15 on the DL

So we go TE/WR, WR or ILB

TarlsQtr
03-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Offensive skill positions like a TE/WR who is 6'5 and very athletic, that kinda offensive weapon???

THANK YOU.

I have completely warmed to the thought of Ebron over the winter. The TE/WR hybrid is arguably the best offensive weapon in the NFL right now (other than a franchise of QB). Drafting him is all but drafting a "big WR" and one with more flexibility and a greater ability to create mismatches. The guy would be a huge weapon for Ben.

I am not sure why anyone would not want "Julius Thomas" for Ben.

JackLambert
03-17-2014, 10:59 AM

If he's going to play WR that's fine. We agree. If he's a TE we better get some WRs in here ASAP.

Real Deal Steel
03-17-2014, 12:47 PM

EXACTLY!!!

Real Deal Steel
03-17-2014, 12:50 PM
If we go Ebron (for arguement sake) then I want to no where are at in the development of Justin Brown.

86WARD
03-20-2014, 06:21 AM
Eli LOVES throwing to the TE...don't see the Giants passing on Ebron...

Real Deal Steel
03-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Exactly. Giants are not stupid. Eli has needed a guy to dump off to. That's been one of there problems the last two years. Along with Nicks being a bum. Now that get a real receiver over there (Randle) and a legit TE and Eli is back in business. Then they focus on their lines in the draft. Giants and Eagles will be going at it for that division title.

coldrolled
03-20-2014, 10:15 AM
EXACTLY!!!

Ok, what is your best idea?? we know we need D. So which BPA that fits DL's Defense would you take if Gilbert is off already in the top 10.. Who is your ready to start D player at #15?

Real Deal Steel
03-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Mosley or Dennard

Real Deal Steel
03-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Steelers second-year WR Markus Wheaton underwent minor offseason finger surgery.
Wheaton broke two fingers as a rookie, which limited him to six catches for 64 yards across 12 games as the No. 4 receiver. With Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery out of the picture, Wheaton's snaps should increase dramatically in year two. He's a breakout candidate opposite Antonio Brown.

Big T
03-27-2014, 04:38 PM
@AdamSchefter: Ravens RB Ray Rice was indicted today on one count of aggravated assault. Carries a 3-5 year prison term.

m.twitter.com/AdamSchefter

coldrolled
03-27-2014, 05:28 PM
@AdamSchefter: Ravens RB Ray Rice was indicted today on one count of aggravated assault. Carries a 3-5 year prison term.

First round pick Carlos Hyde

There goes MJD

coldrolled
03-27-2014, 05:30 PM
Oh Wait... Maybe only a one week suspension before he goes to jail? hes a raven

Big T
03-27-2014, 05:50 PM
First round pick Carlos Hyde

There goes MJD

Lol Carlos Hyde at 17? Lol I'd pay for Baltimore to do it.

steelchamp204
03-28-2014, 12:25 AM
Ok, what is your best idea?? we know we need D. So which BPA that fits DL's Defense would you take if Gilbert is off already in the top 10.. Who is your ready to start D player at #15?

Tuitt/Mosley/Nix/Hageman(at DE) Colbert doesnt want a tall NT, he said it himself.

Dennard will only play in sub packages maybe.

HUNT4SEVEN
03-28-2014, 10:07 PM
The additions we made out way the subtractions we had , if we get Dennard in this first round, and that tall CB in 4th -5 th round and a good DE and a WR with speed, hands and height i'm good and depth after that we are good and young and ready to compete year in year out again.

coldrolled
03-30-2014, 09:01 AM

Unless you do this????

Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice and fiancée Janay Palmer reportedly were married on Friday, only one day after Rice was indicted by a grand jury for allegedly assaulting Palmer at an Atlantic City casino last month.

The Baltimore Sun reported that Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith visited Rice and Palmer after Friday's ceremony and said the newlyweds are "in a good place."

Rice was indicted on Thursday on one count of aggravated assault for the February incident. The charge is a third-degree felony carrying a potential penalty of three to five years in prison.

Rice's attorney, Michael Diamondstein, spoke to NFL Media on Thursday.

"We deny Ray Rice committed aggravated assault," Diamondstein said. "Neither Ray nor Janay Palmer wish to prosecute the matter. Ray and Janay are together. They're happy, and they're in counseling."

Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti told reporters earlier this week that Rice will "definitely be back" with Baltimore for the 2014 season. Bisciotti's support echoes that of general manager Ozzie Newsome and coach John Harbaugh.

86WARD
03-30-2014, 01:44 PM
The District Attorney can still press charges with or without the "wife."

Farrior Fan
04-01-2014, 03:32 AM
Nothing like being in marriage counseling on your honeymoon. Good luck on that one Ray.

Real Deal Steel
04-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Rice is a piece of crap. Plan and simple.

coldrolled
04-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Rice is a piece of crap. Plan and simple.

He is already paying off his wife before the divorce.

coldrolled
04-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Chris Johnson will be released friday?? Do we have a new Cleveland Brown, they have the $30 mill in cap space.

Big T
04-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Chris Johnson will be released friday?? Do we have a new Cleveland Brown, they have the $30 mill in cap space.

They already signed Ben Tate

coldrolled
04-04-2014, 08:35 AM
They already signed Ben Tate

We have bell and blount

Big T
04-04-2014, 08:38 AM
We have bell and blount

Lol come on now. They aren't comparable situations. They just signed Tate to be their starter. Chris Johnson isn't going to want to go to a team where he's gonna have to share.

Big T
04-04-2014, 08:43 AM
I'd say NYJ is a strong possibility. Maybe STL.

coldrolled
04-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Lol come on now. They aren't comparable situations. They just signed Tate to be their starter. Chris Johnson isn't going to want to go to a team where he's gonna have to share.

Sharing is the name of the running back game now... lol

TarlsQtr
04-04-2014, 10:47 AM
I'd say NYJ is a strong possibility. Maybe STL.

Jets, yes, but I am not sure about St. Louis. I would be content throwing Stacy out there every week. They could use someone behind him but CJ is not likely to want that.

Big T
04-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Jets, yes, but I am not sure about St. Louis. I would be content throwing Stacy out there every week. They could use someone behind him but CJ is not likely to want that.

I was just thinking since Jeff Fisher is there. But ya, NYJ makes a lot more sense.

Big T
04-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Even though ATL denied interest, they make some sense too

TarlsQtr
04-04-2014, 01:35 PM
I was just thinking since Jeff Fisher is there. But ya, NYJ makes a lot more sense.

Good point about Fisher...

TarlsQtr
04-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Likely landing spots.

Former 2,000-yard rusher Chris Johnson -- a.k.a. CJ2K a.k.a. CJ?K -- was cut by the Titans on Friday. He's now a free agent heading into a very soft running back market. Despite the limited funds available to running backs in free agency, there will be interest in Johnson.

He's too explosive and his production year-to-year has been too consistent for teams to completely ignore him.

So where could he land? Let's look at some spots.

New York Jets

Rex Ryan's club has to be the favorite for Johnson's services. They fit all the criteria to land the running back. Ryan likes to run the ball and run the ball often. Geno Smith or Michael Vick under center won't change that, although Vick's mobility would help rushing lanes for Johnson. The Jets have plenty of cap space, although they probably won't use that much of it signing Johnson; John Idzik hasn't been splurging in free agency. Johnson has the best chance of becoming a "feature back" again with New York thanks to their limited depth chart. Bilal Powell, Chris Ivory, Mike Goodson and Alex Green would be his only real competition.

The interest would be mutual if Johnson likes New York:

New York Giants

The idea of Tom Coughlin and Chris Johnson together is ... odd. But the Giants are in pretty desperate need of an improvement in their running game. David Wilson, a former first-round pick, is completely up in the air right now. The Giants are "counting on" Wilson being ready in 2014 but that should be a red flag in and of itself. Signing Rashad Jennings in free agency helps but he was cheap and not guaranteed to carry the load in New York. Peyton Hillis is a goal line back at this point. Johnson would equate to a potential upgrade, or at least someone who can pop off big runs and keep defenses honest.

Dallas Cowboys

The Cowboys already have DeMarco Murray, don't have much cap space ($12 million per Spotrac.com) and should absolutely be more interested in improving their defense. But that's not stopping the speculation from running both wild and rampant. Thank goodness. Jerry Jones reportedly wanted Johnson back in 2008 when the Cowboys were drafted, but ended up nabbing Mike Jenkins when Jeff Fisher grabbed Johnson for the Titans. This move wouldn't make any sense at all except, well, Cowboys.

Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta's running game stalled out in a major way in 2013, which was particularly awkward since they signed Steven Jackson as a free agent. Coupling Johnson and Jackson would be interesting; Atlanta's in a similar spot as the Cowboys in that they need to invest more in their defense. They have less cap money than Dallas ($8.7 million per Spotrac.com) and a similar offense: stacked at wideout with Julio Jones and Roddy White, set at quarterback with Matt Ryan and facing some questions on the offensive line. Hard to imagine Johnson being really attracted to Atlanta based on Jackson's presence.

St. Louis Rams

The Jeff Fisher connection is really the only reason to keep St. Louis on here. Fisher obviously loved Johnson coming out and Johnson had great success under his old coach. The Rams have invested in the offensive line recently (and are likely to do so in the coming draft) so they should have a strong running game in 2014. Unfortunately for Johnson, it's as strong as it is because of Zac Stacy. The second-year back out of Vanderbilt exploded down the stretch for Fisher in 2013, running behind a busted offensive line and with Kellen Clemens under center. He has all the makings of a feature back, so the Rams could be hesitant to bring in Johnson and limit Stacy's touches. Johnson won't likely want to deal with a timeshare in St. Louis either.http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24513435/where-will-chris-johnson-play-in-2014

Big T
04-04-2014, 01:58 PM
@AdamSchefter: Four teams that discussed a potential trade for RB Chris Johnson, but ultimately declined to do so, were the Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Falcons.

NeilPatrickBanana
04-04-2014, 03:08 PM
I'll put my money on the Pats
(Yes, I know how many backs they have)

LatrobePA
04-04-2014, 03:20 PM
CJ is a joke... Like a high school slut, he goes down too easy!

Big T
04-04-2014, 03:25 PM
@AdamSchefter: Former Broncos CB Champ Bailey is signing with the New Orleans Saints, per league sources.

Big T
04-04-2014, 03:26 PM
CJ is a joke... Like a high school slut, he goes down too easy!

@AdamSchefter: Chris Johnson's streak of 6 straight 1,000-yd seasons is longest active streak in NFL. Nobody has current streak longer than three years.

LatrobePA
04-04-2014, 03:26 PM
@AdamSchefter: Chris Johnson's streak of 6 straight 1,000-yd seasons is longest active streak in NFL. Nobody has current streak longer than three years.

LOLOLOL presently sucks dammit!! :):):)

Scorp
04-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Has gotten the team nowhere for 6 seasons.

coldrolled
04-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Has gotten the team nowhere for 6 seasons.

You used the right word its team.. CJ is not the team. Though their team always seems to get the best of us somehow.

POE
04-06-2014, 10:57 AM
:banana: www.247Steelers.com :banana:

coldrolled
04-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Expensive Housekeeping..... If the Browns match.

Alex Mack's visit to the Jacksonville Jaguars likely will result in a new contract. Time will tell if it results in Mack leaving Cleveland.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that Mack will receive an offer sheet from the Jaguars, possibly by the end of the week, according to sources involved in the discussions. The sides have talked about several contract options, and it's not clear what form or length the deal would take. The Browns designated Mack as their transition player, which allowed him to visit other teams and sign a new contract.
Free-Agent Tracker
Follow all the developments on the NFL's open market with our up-to-the-minute tracking of 2014's free agents. More...

Rapoport notes that Mack will almost certainly sign the offer sheet, assuming it is in the realm of what has been discussed and proposed. It would make him the highest paid center in football, whether he winds up with the Jaguars or Browns. ESPN first reported that Mack will sign an offer sheet this week.

Cleveland will have five days to match the Jaguars' offer after it's officially signed. If the Browns choose not to match the contract, the Browns won't receive any compensation in return.

coldrolled
04-21-2014, 01:43 PM
How much do you pay this QB to keep the face of the franchise... Love It!!

Andy Dalton's future with the Cincinnati Bengals continues to be an offseason issue.

The quarterback enters the final year of his rookie contract having taken his team to three straight playoff games -- in which he played miserably on each occasion. Owner Mike Brown called the decision to give Dalton a big contract a dilemma earlier this offseason.

The signal-caller said Monday he believes he should get paid like the face of the franchise.

"It's a quarterback-driven league, so quarterbacks get rewarded a lot of money," Dalton said per ESPN.com. "For a lot of these quarterbacks, if you're the quarterback of the team, you're the face of the franchise. So these teams obviously believe in their guy and they're going to pay him that way."

Dalton said during negotiations his camp is comparing his first three years with those of other franchise quarterbacks.

"(Joe) Flacco, (Aaron) Rodgers, (Drew) Brees. Who else is up there? Matt Ryan," he said laughing, when asked who is the best comparison, per the team's official website.

Those four are among the highest-paid players in the NFL, so while perhaps he was being a bit cheeky, it's clear he doesn't want to give Brown a discount at quarterback

Dalton said he understands the risk vs. reward of playing out the final year of his contract.

"There's obviously some risk when that goes on, but I am confident in everything that I have been able to do and what I am going to do this year," he said, per the Cincinnati Enquirer. "If it comes to that then it comes to that, but I think both sides want to get it done. So, hopefully it happens."

LatrobePA
04-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Dalton is a red headed turd!

Real Deal Steel
04-21-2014, 04:13 PM
Dalton is a red headed turd!

Dalton came out and said today that HE'S the face of the franchise. LMFAO!

The only face he has is the face of Hoowdy Doody!

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=947&q=howdy+doody&oq=hoowdy+d&gs_l=img.1.0.0i10i24.1384.3222.0.4854.8.8.0.0.0.0. 231.1164.2j5j1.8.0.ehm_loc%2Chmss2%3Dfalse%2Chmnts %3D50000...0...1.1.41.img..2.6.829.5gu7pdAii40

coldrolled
04-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Dalton came out and said today that HE'S the face of the franchise. LMFAO!

The only face he has is the face of Hoowdy Doody!

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=947&q=howdy+doody&oq=hoowdy+d&gs_l=img.1.0.0i10i24.1384.3222.0.4854.8.8.0.0.0.0. 231.1164.2j5j1.8.0.ehm_loc%2Chmss2%3Dfalse%2Chmnts %3D50000...0...1.1.41.img..2.6.829.5gu7pdAii40

Pay him his $100 million Cinci lol

Real Deal Steel
04-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Pay him his $100 million Cinci lol

YES!!! Please Cincy, do it! Make the Steeler nation happy!