PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Round

Mike Tomlin
01-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Hate to start threads but no one ever mentioned it so.............I don't know how it works but is it possible to get 2 3rds or 2 4th round picks this year, one for Wallace and one for Lewis. We should get something for Lewis since he made the pro-bowl right?

coldrolled
01-24-2014, 09:32 PM
The compensatory picks [are] positioned within the third through seventh rounds based on the value of the compensatory free agents lost. Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors.

But how many signed lowers the total value of how many our lost in fa.

Close anyway...

JackLambert
01-24-2014, 09:48 PM
We gave up our 3rd for Shamarko, right? I hope the comp picks are high.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-24-2014, 11:08 PM
i posted this in another thread:

The formula is mostly based on Contract signed + Games Played/Started minus signings the team made

Summary of Losses:
Wallace 5 yrs / 60 mil
Keenan 5 yrs / 26.3
Mendy 1 yr / 2.5
Starks 1 yr / 1.0
Allen 1 yr / 905k
Mundy 1 yr / 780k

Summary of Additions
Gradko 3 yrs / 4.95
Moorman 1 yr / 940k
LSH 1 yr / 780k

Additions after the official start of the NFL season (training camp) do not count (velasco, wallace, etc)

I think LSH / Mundy will offset
I think Allen / Moorman will offset
I think Gradko is out for lack of snaps

leaving...

Wallace = 3rd
Definitely a 3rd. The huge contracts always return a 3rd (Mario, Finnegan, Carr). And there are no additions of significance to offset the value.

Keenan = 4th/5th
I'm hoping for a 4th, but it's more likely a 5th. Detroit got a 4th for Eric Wright (5 yrs / 37.5)

Mendenhall = 6th/7th
We might squeeze a 6th out of him due to the starts.

Starks = 7th/N/A
I don't know...

So I could see:
3rd, 4th, 7th
or
3rd, 5th, 6th
or
3rd, 5th, 7th, 7th

Hope this helps

Real Deal Steel
01-25-2014, 02:48 PM
We gave up our 3rd for Shamarko, right? I hope the comp picks are high.

One of those comp picks is going to get taken away because of Tomlin's side line antics remember?

TarlsQtr
01-25-2014, 04:18 PM
One of those comp picks is going to get taken away because of Tomlin's side line antics remember?

You do not know that. The NFL left the option open but did not say they WERE taking a pick.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-27-2014, 06:41 PM
KC said he thinks they are gonna get at least two 3rd comp picks this year because of Wallace and Lewis, that's why they didn't mind giving up there 3rd away last year.

coldrolled
01-27-2014, 07:01 PM
KC said he thinks they are gonna get at least two 3rd comp picks this year because of Wallace and Lewis, that's why they didn't mind giving up there 3rd away last year.

Those will be 33rd and 34th in the 3rd at best.. would be nice... not the #15 in the third the browns get.

Plus we did get jones becuase of the browns 4th last year right?

NeilPatrickBanana
01-27-2014, 07:36 PM

do you have a quote for that?

it makes no sense for Lewis, not a single comparable exists...

Real Deal Steel
01-27-2014, 11:05 PM

Report: Steelers will lose draft pick for Mike Tomlin sideline incident
AFC NORTH, PITTSBURGH STEELERS
BY CHRIS BURKE

The NFL has in fact decided to strip a draft pick from the Pittsburgh Steelers as punishment for Mike Tomlin’s sideline misstep with Baltimore kick returner Jacoby Jones, CBS’ Jason La Canfora reported Sunday. The league previously fined Tomlin $100,000 for his actions on the play, in which the Pittsburgh coach nearly made contact with Jones as he ran down the sideline.

“Because the conduct affected a play on the field, a modification or forfeiture of draft choices will be considered after the final order of the 2014 draft has been determined,” the NFL said in a statement announcing that Tomlin fine.

According to La Canfora, the NFL will not hand down its final verdict in this case until all draft picks are set. That falls somewhat in line with earlier reports that the league would wait to see a) which compensatory draft slots the Steelers may wind up with; and b) if the four points that Tomlin’s act eventually cost Baltimore somehow came into play as a postseason tiebreaker.

“I take full responsibility for my actions, and I apologize for causing negative attention to the Pittsburgh Steelers organization,” Tomlin said in a statement earlier this week. “I accept the penalty that I received. I will no longer address this issue as I am preparing for an important game this Sunday against the Miami Dolphins.”

The Steelers already are without their third-round pick in 2014 — they traded that selection to Cleveland for a 2013 fourth-rounder, which Pittsburgh used on safety Shamarko Thomas.

The franchise could receive compensatory picks for losing players like WR Mike Wallace, CB Keenan Lewis and RB Rashard Mendenhall during last summer’s free-agent cycle. Those extra picks are announced in March.

Real Deal Steel
01-27-2014, 11:07 PM
So as you can see from above, we will have to be very judicious with our draft picks.

Mike Tomlin
01-27-2014, 11:54 PM
i posted this in another thread:

The formula is mostly based on Contract signed + Games Played/Started minus signings the team made

Summary of Losses:
Wallace 5 yrs / 60 mil
Keenan 5 yrs / 26.3
Mendy 1 yr / 2.5
Starks 1 yr / 1.0
Allen 1 yr / 905k
Mundy 1 yr / 780k

Summary of Additions
Gradko 3 yrs / 4.95
Moorman 1 yr / 940k
LSH 1 yr / 780k

Additions after the official start of the NFL season (training camp) do not count (velasco, wallace, etc)

I think LSH / Mundy will offset
I think Allen / Moorman will offset
I think Gradko is out for lack of snaps

leaving...

Wallace = 3rd
Definitely a 3rd. The huge contracts always return a 3rd (Mario, Finnegan, Carr). And there are no additions of significance to offset the value.

Keenan = 4th/5th
I'm hoping for a 4th, but it's more likely a 5th. Detroit got a 4th for Eric Wright (5 yrs / 37.5)

Mendenhall = 6th/7th
We might squeeze a 6th out of him due to the starts.

Starks = 7th/N/A
I don't know...

So I could see:
3rd, 4th, 7th
or
3rd, 5th, 6th
or
3rd, 5th, 7th, 7th

Hope this helps
Yeah you made it crystal clear lol. I mean I had completely forgtten about Lewis that extra 3rd or 4th will be huge whether it's for trade chips or just more bodies. My guess is the pick that will be taken by the league will be a 6th or 7th rounder then again it's a penalty against the Steelers so they'll probably take our 2nd and 3rd as well lol

NeilPatrickBanana
01-28-2014, 08:02 AM
So as you can see from above, we will have to be very judicious with our draft picks.

Or you can look up the definition of the word "considered"

NeilPatrickBanana
01-28-2014, 08:02 AM
Yeah you made it crystal clear lol. I mean I had completely forgtten about Lewis that extra 3rd or 4th will be huge whether it's for trade chips or just more bodies. My guess is the pick that will be taken by the league will be a 6th or 7th rounder then again it's a penalty against the Steelers so they'll probably take our 2nd and 3rd as well lol

Unfortunately you cannot trade compensatory picks

JackLambert
01-28-2014, 08:43 AM
When the smoke clears I'd be good with 5 picks in the first 4 rounds (1st, 2nd, 3rdcomp, 4th, 4thcomp).

If Adolph wants to do some more hating in the later rounds that's fine. Should be interesting though, the *Pats cheat their way to *three titles and lose a 1st. Our idiot head coach steps on the field in a game we lose and Adolph takes a ... ?

Mike Tomlin
01-28-2014, 08:55 AM
Unfortunately you cannot trade compensatory picks
Didn't know that either i'm just ignorant to the compensatory pick rules lol.

WindyCityShaker
01-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Or you can look up the definition of the word "considered"

Also I know comp picks haven't been added, nor is the final draft order "set" until after the playoffs, but isn't the Raven's draft slot final, more or less. Sure comp picks will be added for everyone, but as far as "draft order" is concerned wouldn't any tie-breaking scenarios already have been decided, as far as the Ravens are concerned?

Nolrog
01-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Plus we did get jones becuase of the browns 4th last year right?

No. We got Thomas. We drafted Jones with our own 4th round pick (4 picks later than Thomas). Should have traded our 4 and a 6 or 7 to move up those 4 spots instead of swapping a 3 for a 4. Reminds me of that Abbot and Costello routine, do you have two 10s for a 5?

KoffeeHobson
01-28-2014, 03:31 PM
The NFL blew the KC/San Diego game that would get us in the playoffs. LaConfora isn't always right. The NFL screwed the Steelers enough.