PDA

View Full Version : NFL May Eliminate PATs/Play Friday and Monday Playoff Games

TarlsQtr
01-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Hate the first idea more but not a fan of Friday and Monday playoff games either because it means expanding the amount of teams in the tournament.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24415126/roger-goodell-nfl-considering-proposal-to-eliminate-extra-points

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24415248/nfl-looking-at-possibility-of-playoff-games-on-friday-and-monday

NeilPatrickBanana
01-21-2014, 10:55 AM
Hate the first idea more but not a fan of Friday and Monday playoff games either because it means expanding the amount of teams in the tournament.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24415126/roger-goodell-nfl-considering-proposal-to-eliminate-extra-points

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24415248/nfl-looking-at-possibility-of-playoff-games-on-friday-and-monday

eliminating PATS is stupid... what they should do is move them back. You can still go for 2 from the 2... but make the PAT from the 15.

I hope they add an additional wild card, and then only 1 Team per conference gets a bye week

WindyCityShaker
01-21-2014, 11:20 AM
eliminating PATS is stupid... what they should do is move them back. You can still go for 2 from the 2... but make the PAT from the 15.

I hope they add an additional wild card, and then only 1 Team per conference gets a bye week

I don't mind pushing the PAT back but are you saying the LOS would be the 8 (kick placement at the 15) resulting in a 25 yd pat or the LOS is the 15 resulting in a 32 yard PAT?

I'm less in favor of expanding the playoffs, that would almost assuredly mean you'd have to add the 2 regular season games as well because if it's still a 16 game season every last playoff spot would be determined by something close to the 3-4th tie-breaker (dumb).

We want an extra 2 playoff games to see what, more poorly officiated games?

LatrobePA
01-21-2014, 11:27 AM
NFL is stupid anymore...

NeilPatrickBanana
01-21-2014, 11:32 AM
I don't mind pushing the PAT back but are you saying the LOS would be the 8 (kick placement at the 15) resulting in a 25 yd pat or the LOS is the 15 resulting in a 32 yard PAT?

15 yard line, for 32 yd PAT

I'm less in favor of expanding the playoffs, that would almost assuredly mean you'd have to add the 2 regular season games as well because if it's still a 16 game season every last playoff spot would be determined by something close to the 3-4th tie-breaker (dumb).

We want an extra 2 playoff games to see what, more poorly officiated games?

i am not in favor of adding any regular season games.
i am perfectly comfortable with tie breakers for wild card spots

id rather see 2 more playoff games and the 2 regular season conference champs getting the only 2 byes, than what we currently have with 4 teams getting bye weeks.

ChucktownSteeler
01-21-2014, 12:10 PM
Goodell is an idiot. the game was just fine until 31 idiotic morons hired this guy.

How about we just put dresses on them?

Real Deal Steel
01-21-2014, 12:19 PM
Goodell is an idiot. the game was just fine until 31 idiotic morons hired this guy.

Well said. Thank you.

TarlsQtr
01-21-2014, 01:41 PM

Keep in mind that the 31 idiotic morons hired him, approved the rule changes, and keep him in place. The league would not be heading in this direction if a majority of the owners did not want it that way.

Real Deal Steel
01-21-2014, 02:02 PM
No PAT's, expanding the playoffs because losers like Jerry Jones can't get in legitimately..makes no sense.

Yet,...we can't get them to fix real possible issues like the Cardinals not being in the playoffs with an 10-6 Record. That's the kind of thing we need to be looking at to fix. Not to say we'd change it but at least look at it.

Rhys Lightning 63
01-21-2014, 02:17 PM
I thought NFL games weren't allowed to be on Friday nights because it would interrupt and detract from High School games under the Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961. Whether or not the rule says the games are banned ONLY during High School season or year round is a different matter.

TarlsQtr
01-21-2014, 03:01 PM
I thought NFL games weren't allowed to be on Friday nights because it would interrupt and detract from High School games under the Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961. Whether or not the rule says the games are banned ONLY during High School season or year round is a different matter.

I do not know anything about that law (I never heard if it) but high school football is long over by Wildcard weekend.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-21-2014, 03:10 PM
No PAT's, expanding the playoffs because losers like Jerry Jones can't get in legitimately..makes no sense.

Yet,...we can't get them to fix real possible issues like the Cardinals not being in the playoffs with an 10-6 Record. That's the kind of thing we need to be looking at to fix. Not to say we'd change it but at least look at it.

uh... expanding the playoff field by 1 team, would mean the 10-6 Cardinals in the playoffs... not Dallas

you are denser than teflon

coldrolled
01-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Just get rid of all kicking situations... Have the QB throw the ball through the posts for a Field Goal.... Just make him back it up and extra 10 yards with a long snapper. Everyone starts on the 20 after points are scored... No kicking needed.. The game changes to The NOBL The National Oblong Ball League... And. Shouldnt the ball collapse like an air bag when a player lands on it hard, so they dont break ribs and knock the air out of their lungs...

Real Deal Steel
01-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Just get rid of all kicking situations... Have the QB throw the ball through the posts for a Field Goal.... Just make him back it up and extra 10 yards with a long snapper. Everyone starts on the 20 after points are scored... No kicking needed.. The game changes to The NOBL The National Oblong Ball League... And. Shouldnt the ball collapse like an air bag when a player lands on it hard, so they dont break ribs and knock the air out of their lungs...

LMFAO!!

NorCalSteel
01-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Hopefully Goodell will be hit by a car in a cross walk. the end...

ChucktownSteeler
01-21-2014, 05:37 PM

I hope Goodell doesn't see this.

JackLambert
01-21-2014, 05:59 PM
They need a rule preventing FOX from showing 27 super slow-mo, ultra high-def replays of some dude's leg flying off his body.

Rhys Lightning 63
01-22-2014, 06:12 AM
They need a rule preventing FOX from showing 27 super slow-mo, ultra high-def replays of some dude's leg flying off his body.

They wouldn't have done that if not for the fact they were showing the Bowman recovery at the same time. I 100% understand why they did it