PDA

View Full Version : No "revenge games" next season...bummer

Go 'Lers
01-20-2014, 09:56 AM
There are no real "revenge games" on our schedule next year, unless we make the playoffs...WHICH WE BETTER DO!

By "revenge game" I mean I would love to take a shot at the cocky Patriots again and NOT melt down in the 4th quarter, or go in to Oakland and finally crush that pathetic team that somehow keeps beating us for some inexplicable reason.

Oh well, here's to crushing the Titans this upcoming season like we should have last year. Bonus is that Whizz is now their coach.

LatrobePA
01-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Don't worry we'll create new ones this year. We always find a way to lose a few games to shi tty teams!

muncher
01-20-2014, 10:28 AM
i dint think revenge games exist when you are not a good team

Rhys Lightning 63
01-20-2014, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't mind knocking the Panthers down from their perch

Real Deal Steel
01-20-2014, 11:07 AM
The Panthers?? Their on a perch??

Hahaha. Revenge is getting that 7th ring and making 49er and Cowboys fans angry. Hahahaha

muncher
01-20-2014, 11:08 AM
The Panthers?? Their on a perch??

Hahaha. Revenge is getting that 7th ring and making 49er and Cowboys fans angry. Hahahaha

dont hold your breath

Real Deal Steel
01-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Well, that's the goal. That's should be the goal every year.

LatrobePA
01-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Panthers, Colts, Chargers, Bengals all were fish out of water and didn't belong in the PO's this year. I still feel if we snuck in we could of made more noise then those teams.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2014, 12:00 PM
The Colts beat the Broncos, 49ers, Seahawks in the regular season and won their division.....They belonged in the play-offs......

The Panthers have one of the best defenses in the NFL.....I think they're legit.....

The Bengals will always be the Bungles....lol Marvin Lewis still looking for his first play-off win......

LatrobePA
01-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Cam will never get his team too far, I think he's average at best. Defense used to win you a championship well B4 Goodell ball came along.

Real Deal Steel
01-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Running QB's don't win jack. So it was easy for me to predict Cam's fate and Kapernicks fate yesterday. LOL

NeilPatrickBanana
01-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Cam will never get his team too far, I think he's average at best. Defense used to win you a championship well B4 Goodell ball came along.

I'm curious how many times you watched Newton this year?

LatrobePA
01-20-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm curious how many times you watched Newton this year?

Enough. Of course it's my opinion, to me he does just enough to win but when they lose he does just enough to lose. To me he's an iffy QB.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2014, 01:55 PM

I don't know.......Cam's weapons around him are average at best.....Smith use to be one of the best WR's in the NFL but he is 108 now........I like Cam....I think he is the forgotten young QB when people talk about Luck, RGIII, Kaepernick, Wilson.....

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Running QB's don't win jack. So it was easy for me to predict Cam's fate and Kapernicks fate yesterday. LOL

What if the Seahawks win the Super Bowl?.....Wilson is a running QB................

Real Deal Steel
01-20-2014, 02:16 PM
No he isnt. Wilson CAN run but he's not a running QB per say.

That's like saying Fran Tarkenton was a running QB. Wilson scrambles to buy time to get rid of the ball ninety percent of the time.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2014, 02:22 PM
No he isnt. Wilson CAN run but he's not a running QB per say.

That's like saying Fran Tarkenton was a running QB. Wilson scrambles to buy time to get rid of the ball ninety percent of the time.

I disagree......He isn't a traditional drop back passer.......

In his first two years he is close to 100 rushing attempts each year and had 489 rushing yards his rookie year and over 500 rushing yards this year....Sure he isn't on the level of a Vick or Cunningham running the ball but I would say Wilson is still a running QB.....He might be the best mix of passing/running QB in the NFL......

Real Deal Steel
01-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Look at his numbers yesterday. Dude isn't a running QB. Look at Kapernick's numbers. Kap is a running QB. And Kap is at home with his no passing @ss.

muncher
01-20-2014, 02:59 PM
What if the Seahawks win the Super Bowl?.....Wilson is a running QB................

seahawks could have blown san fran off the field if wilson would have step up and ran instead of drop back and get sacked or throw it away. i like wilson but felt the loss would have been on him because he didnt use his ability to run in that game.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Look at his numbers yesterday. Dude isn't a running QB. Look at Kapernick's numbers. Kap is a running QB. And Kap is at home with his no passing @ss.

That is just one game though.....Like I said Wilson had close to 100 rushing attempts in each of his first two seasons.....Wilson had more rushing attempts and yards this year then Kaepernick.....

Kaepernick in the regular season 92 attempts for 524 yards....

Wilson 96 attempts for 539 yards........

They're close but Wilson had 4 more attempts for 15 more yards so I wouldn't say Wilson isn't a running QB......I agree he is a much better passer then Kaepernick......

Real Deal Steel
01-20-2014, 03:34 PM
Do you see Wilson having 50 yard scampers like Kap and RG3??

Here's what you have to take into account with those numbers..

Because defensive players were saying (before the season started) that if the 49ers were going to use the run option again, they were going to hit Kap regardless and wear him down so Kapernick didn't start running again this season until like week# 4 or 5.

Wilson had no such restrictions because so he would run a read option play 3 -4 times a game to keep defenses honest. So.for Kapernick to be so close to Wilson, how much had he have had to be running if he started in week# 4 of the season?

Wilson isn't doing 50 yard runs and stuff.

Before Michael Vick came back from the dog fighting thing, do you know who was the leading rushing QB in the league? Aaron Rodgers. Is Rodgers a running QB? Same thing. Rodgers can run but he's not really a running QB.

Same thing with Wilson.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2014, 03:54 PM
But when Vick cameback to the NFL how many QB's who could actually be a threat running the ball were there really?.....Comparing Wilson to Aaron Rodgers now? Guess we're going to agree to disagree.....A QB who rushes almost 100 times for over 500+ yards is a running QB.......

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Only two QB's rushed for more yards this year then Wilson....Cam Newton and Terrell Pryor......I'm not saying Wilson is just a running QB and I understand he is a very good passer but he is still a running QB.......

NeilPatrickBanana
01-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Enough. Of course it's my opinion, to me he does just enough to win but when they lose he does just enough to lose. To me he's an iffy QB.

So, one game. Thanks.

Real Deal Steel
01-20-2014, 04:53 PM
But when Vick cameback to the NFL how many QB's who could actually be a threat running the ball were there really?.....Comparing Wilson to Aaron Rodgers now? Guess we're going to agree to disagree.....A QB who rushes almost 100 times for over 500+ yards is a running QB.......

Wow. How quickly they forget. Vince Young for one. Right off the top of my head.

But...are you saying that the 500 mark (in your mind) makes them a running QB? Why 500 yards? Why that figure? So if a QB runs for 400 yards, he's not a running QB? Or if he runs for 300 yards, he's not a running QB?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Wow. How quickly they forget. Vince Young for one. Right off the top of my head.

But...are you saying that the 500 mark (in your mind) makes them a running QB? Why 500 yards? Why that figure? So if a QB runs for 400 yards, he's not a running QB? Or if he runs for 300 yards, he's not a running QB?

Yea sorry Vince Young slipped my mind...Easy to do since well its easy to forget about Vince Young.....Again Wilson was the third leading rusher for QB's this year but he isn't a running QB....lol like I said agree to disagree....lol

ChucktownSteeler
01-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Next year's schedule is pretty tough. We just need to be ready from week 1 and not have to depend on tie-breakers or other teams losing.

coldrolled
01-21-2014, 08:14 AM
seahawks could have blown san fran off the field if wilson would have step up and ran instead of drop back and get sacked or throw it away. i like wilson but felt the loss would have been on him because he didnt use his ability to run in that game.

Defense won that championship

coldrolled
01-21-2014, 08:25 AM

This is easier, black qb's run more ... white qb's stay in the pocket more. i think its 46-1

LatrobePA
01-21-2014, 09:12 AM
So, one game. Thanks.

LOL... You're in my house right? You know it all, out here and in the football world? So I have an opinion on a player, he's not that great to me and rode the shirttail of his D... I'd really like to punch you right in the fkcuing face more then once.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-21-2014, 09:35 AM
LOL... You're in my house right? You know it all, out here and in the football world? So I have an opinion on a player, he's not that great to me and rode the shirttail of his D... I'd really like to punch you right in the fkcuing face more then once.

you can have whatever opinions you'd like. I was trying to determine how informed your opinion was. So far, it looks like the answer is "not very". I asked how many games you watched, because it sounded like you hadn't watched any (I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and assumed you watched the playoff game).

Was he riding the coattails when he led 3 consecutive 4th quarter comeback victories mid season to put them in the drivers seat? And then a 4th late game winning drive when they won the division over the Saints in week 16? and then a 5th in week 17 to secure the bye week?

Cam Newton had a huge "growth" season in his 3rd year, which is a very good sign for his trajectory of development. He was easily the most improved QB from that group of young franchise QBs.

TarlsQtr
01-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Do you see Wilson having 50 yard scampers like Kap and RG3??

Here's what you have to take into account with those numbers..

Because defensive players were saying (before the season started) that if the 49ers were going to use the run option again, they were going to hit Kap regardless and wear him down so Kapernick didn't start running again this season until like week# 4 or 5.

Wilson had no such restrictions because so he would run a read option play 3 -4 times a game to keep defenses honest. So.for Kapernick to be so close to Wilson, how much had he have had to be running if he started in week# 4 of the season?

Wilson isn't doing 50 yard runs and stuff.

Before Michael Vick came back from the dog fighting thing, do you know who was the leading rushing QB in the league? Aaron Rodgers. Is Rodgers a running QB? Same thing. Rodgers can run but he's not really a running QB.

Same thing with Wilson.

You make things up.

Kaepernick rush attempts/yds (Games 1-3): 23/129
Wilson rush attempts/yds (Games 1-3): 17/54

Even funnier, you say Kaepernick did not begin running until weeks 4-5. In weeks 4-6, he rushed 8 times total for 43 yards.

Kaepernick's numbers come to 7.6 attempts per game over weeks 1-3. In the remaining 13 games, he averaged about 5.3 attempts per game.

So, as usual, your point is BS. Kaepernick did not run less than Wilson at the beginning of the season. He ran more in the first three weeks than the final 13. Wilson ended up with more total yards and rushes (very close though). Although they may have slightly different running styles, to say Wilson is not a "running QB" is absurd.

LatrobePA
01-21-2014, 10:13 AM
Tarls - LOL you and Neil are the same person??? What a fckuing joke this site has become!

TarlsQtr
01-21-2014, 10:21 AM
Tarls - LOL you and Neil are the same person??? What a fckuing joke this site has become!

LOL No. I have also been accused of being Big T.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-21-2014, 10:52 AM
LOL No. I have also been accused of being Big T.

I heard that Real Dumb Stupid PMs everyone, and the narrative is that You and I are the alternate profiles of Big T and K Train.

I mean, if 4 people think you are a moron, they must all be the same person!

Real Deal Steel
01-21-2014, 10:55 AM

This.

TarlsQtr
01-21-2014, 10:59 AM
I heard that Real Dumb Stupid PMs everyone, and the narrative is that You and I are the alternate profiles of Big T and K Train.

LOL So, I guess I am not you anymore. This is confusing.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Remember last year when all of you followed Real Dumb Stupid and NYC down the "invasion of the trolls" thread.

This is very reminiscent. You don't like having the stupidity of your arguments pointed out (As Tarlsq just did with Real Dumb Stupids Kaepernick/Wilson argument), and therefor everyone who makes you look like a fool, must be a troll/multiple account trickster

I hope this game plays out in full. If all of Team Real Dumb Stupid puts everyone on Team Football Talk on ignore...then we will essentially have 2 boards... one where all the idiots blather on about their nonsense, and one where everyone else talks football.

Keep it up, we are almost there.

WindyCityShaker
01-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Panthers, Colts, Chargers, Bengals all were fish out of water and didn't belong in the PO's this year. I still feel if we snuck in we could of made more noise then those teams.

Who should have gone in place of the Colts.......us? Give me a break. Yes we would have beaten the Bengals, but would have probably made a short exit thereafter. The regular season is what earns you the "right" to "belong" in the playoffs, we finished exactly where we "belonged" to.

The Panthers had a phenomenal season, including the play of Cam, not only defense. What Cam does is play within that offense and does not turn the ball over too much. He is rushing less each year, not because he's slower, because he's improving as a QB. Who cares if statistically it's not sexy, he's more than a capable QB, and his improvement this year only points to him getting better and better. He's played EVERY game, in his "lengthy" 3 year career, including his rookie season. Expect them to be in the hunt again next year.

Real Deal Steel
01-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Every year a new team wins the NFC south so I don't expect the Panthers to repeat next season.

WindyCityShaker
01-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Every year a new team wins the NFC south so I don't expect the Panthers to repeat next season.

They may, they may not doesn't mean they can't claim a WC, doesn't mean they still won't be a good team. As a matter of fact for the next few years I'll say 11-5 is a must if you want to even sniff a WC in the NFC.

Big T
01-21-2014, 02:33 PM

It's all starting to make sense now. This is so good lol.

TarlsQtr
01-21-2014, 03:31 PM

Another gem. Vick returned in 2009. In 2008, the leading QB rushers were:

Tyler Thigpen-386
David Garrard-322
Ryan Fitzpatrick-304
Matt Cassell-270
Jason Campbell-258
Aaron Rodgers-207

coldrolled
01-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Another gem. Vick returned in 2009. In 2008, the leading QB rushers were:

Tyler Thigpen-386
David Garrard-322
Ryan Fitzpatrick-304
Matt Cassell-270
Jason Campbell-258
Aaron Rodgers-207

Stats like this mean zero..... Fast QB's can tally up yards.... How long did the QB hang in the pocket before they ran??? 1 second (Give Up on the play Quickly)... 4 seconds (Holding for a play to develop then run)... or more Plays called for the QB to run the ball..... Makes a big difference in wins.

SnakeEyes43
01-21-2014, 06:50 PM
I hope we beat caveman Luck and the Colts. Living in Indiana, that game is pretty personal for me. If we lose, I get to hear it for years.

Ultrameyda
01-21-2014, 08:47 PM
I've got a revenge game for ya.

Kansas City.

Forged in Steel
01-21-2014, 09:10 PM
I've got a revenge game for ya.

Kansas City.

Revenge for the Chiefs firing Todd Haley, allowing the Steelers to sign him.

Real Deal Steel
01-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Hahahahahahaha