PDA

View Full Version : Pending Free Agents..

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2014, 12:51 AM
Here's the link:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/45947/309/2014-nfl-free-agents

steelchamp204
01-09-2014, 02:53 AM
I would love to sign Talib. I know, it won't happen.

coldrolled
01-09-2014, 06:54 AM
I would love to sign Talib. I know, it won't happen.

He should have been a Bengal.. The Pats took a chance.

muncher
01-09-2014, 09:24 AM
id take incognito.
might get him for cheap.
could use the toughness with our soft *** oline

K Train
01-09-2014, 09:35 AM
Soft oline? Jesus

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Well, you can never have too many good O-linemen. I think that was the sentiment he was trying to make.

K Train
01-09-2014, 09:49 AM
He brings nothing to the table that cody wallace doesnt already...incognito is heavy footed and poor in pass blocking, hes essentially kemoeatu

I just think the oline is far from soft, if they want to draft one or two guys, sure, but i wouldnt bring in any FAs

JensK
01-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Incognito is a penalty machine iirc.

LatrobePA
01-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Soft oline? Jesus

LOL, 7 sacks in 7 games to end the season doesn't please people I don't know what will. Also gave Bell good holes! O line ended the season as a very strong point!

coldrolled
01-09-2014, 11:06 AM
When Pryor is out of football, he can always pop in the tape of himself winning against the steelers vaunted defense of 2013.

K Train
01-09-2014, 11:17 AM
He had one run, hes really fast.

Other than that he had 2 picks, less than 100 yards passing, and no TDs...let it go

Reg3835
01-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Golden Tate

Should get a similar contract to E. Sanders (5 yrs 25 mil) but I think is a much better all around WR.

Mike Tomlin
01-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Golden Tate

Should get a similar contract to E. Sanders (5 yrs 25 mil) but I think is a much better all around WR.
He was the closest we'll ever get to Hines again.

Rhys Lightning 63
01-09-2014, 07:31 PM
There's enough decent free agents there to put together a championship calibre team I reckon. Might make my own team. How much does it cost to put an NFL team together?

Ibleedblk&gld
01-10-2014, 06:53 AM
There's enough decent free agents there to put together a championship calibre team I reckon. Might make my own team. How much does it cost to put an NFL team together?

More than you can afford, pal

K Train
01-10-2014, 08:27 AM
He was the closest we'll ever get to Hines again.
was, back then...but hes not that kind of player as it turned out

coldrolled
01-12-2014, 10:10 AM
More than you can afford, pal

Why the Pats are in the playoffs ... they pick up good/nut job players and fill holes..

Talib and LeGarrette Blount had 166 rushing yards and four scores.

im surprised they passed on Burfict when he dropped.

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Blount was just sitting out there, and we needed a runningback. sigh. So we used a high draft pick on a runningback. :scratch:

SCR
01-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Blount was just sitting out there, and we needed a runningback. sigh. So we used a high draft pick on a runningback. :scratch:

To be quite fair, Bell is MUCH more athletic than Blount and a hell of a lot better as a receiver.

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Yeah,maybe. But we could have gotten Blount for next to nothing and used that draft pick for Bell in another need area.

Big T
01-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Yeah,maybe. But we could have gotten Blount for next to nothing and used that draft pick for Bell in another need area.

You know that 29 other teams could've had him too right? Steelers fans have such trade envy. Anytime a trade happens around the league, the Steelers are stupid for not doing it themselves.

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2014, 06:17 PM
So your saying if other teams were stupid, take comfort in our stupidity? Disagree.

And all 29 other teams didn't need a running back. Not all of them.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2014, 06:48 PM
^ he's an idiot.

huntem
01-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Its hard to take patriot players and guess they would do the same for other teams. Belichek has a way of making average players look good. Im pretty sure even marginal nfl runningbacks can run behind the patriots line

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2014, 12:19 AM
Well, are you also saying that we can't get a decent O-line together? I guess your right about that. Then there should be no need to draft or acquire any talented RB right?

K Train
01-13-2014, 07:27 AM
blount lol

Not the first below average player to have a big game. He is useless in the pass game as a blocker and reciever, for 250 pounds he is not a good short yardage guy, he has sneaky speed but the patriots kind of threw a curve ball with the heavy dose of run game

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2014, 11:09 AM
K

He's had more then just one good game this year. Yeah he's useless in the passing game but that's what Vareen is for. And he's being left in in the red zone and is blocking fine.

And he's picking up short yardage nicely with the Patriots. Bucs made a mistake. Bucs have always had talent but not the coaches to take advantage of it.

TarlsQtr
01-13-2014, 11:28 AM
K

He's had more then just one good game this year. Yeah he's useless in the passing game but that's what Vareen is for. And he's being left in in the red zone and is blocking fine.

And he's picking up short yardage nicely with the Patriots. Bucs made a mistake. Bucs have always had talent but not the coaches to take advantage of it.

So, what you are saying is that he is a third string back in NE. He would also be one in Tampa if he was still there.

All of the NE backs benefit from their style of offense. Success there does not necessarily translate to a more traditional offense.

I would love to see a list of starting RBs around the league you think Blount should be starting over.

LatrobePA
01-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Redman was a better RB then sucker punch and he's sitting on the couch... Blount is a turd!

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2014, 12:16 PM
A turd? Hahahahaha

Blount is a stud. It's obvious.

K Train
01-13-2014, 12:22 PM
Stud? Come on now.

Is he elite too?

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2014, 12:41 PM
Real Dumb Stupid thinks Blount is a stud... what a moron

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Ron Dayne final 3 games of the 2006 season : 334 yds, 5 TDs
Real Dumb Stupid after the final game : "He's a stud, it's obvious"

lol

TarlsQtr
01-13-2014, 12:48 PM
RDS must be talking about Blount's ability to make babies.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Stud? Come on now.

Is he elite too?

I didn't say elite. LOl. But the dude is legit. You don't do what he's done the last 4 weeks and not be legit.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2014, 02:08 PM
^ this could be so much fun

K Train
01-13-2014, 02:56 PM
I didn't say elite. LOl. But the dude is legit. You don't do what he's done the last 4 weeks and not be legit.
I promise you at 27 years old and 3rd on the patriots depth chart blount isnt having a breakout year. He is what he is and remains exactly what he has been...he was a good player at oregon, in TB, and now. The patriots traded Jeff Demps who is tiny, focused on track, and provides them at best exactly what vereen does better.

The bucs traded blount having Doug Martin look like a top 5 back and having mike james behind him...when mike james and martin got hurt bobby rainey had some good games, is he a stud too?

It was a good deal for both sides, they SHREDDED the colts on the ground...honestly though without luck the colts are a 1st overall pick caliber team...****** defense, ****** RBs, ****** WRs, ****** oline. The patriots are viewed as a throw throw throw team and they just kept pounding the ball.

The was a play last year or two years ago when blount had a lynch beast-mode like play against the packers...hes a good back for what he is but theres not 30 teams out there shooting themselves in the foot for missing out on the next big thing

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Well, running back is a devalued position so your right about "there's not 30 teams out there shooting themselves" but comparing Blount to Rainey is a bad comparison.

I think Blount is a starting caliber RB in this league. And he's putting up the numbers to prove it. Just because he didn't do it at the Bucs prove nothing. Bettis best years were with us and not the Rams.

If Blount goes on and continues this rampage all the way to the Super Bowl, you'll need to revise your stance. Because at the end of the day, It's about what your doing on the field and he's doing it big time on the field.

K Train
01-13-2014, 03:46 PM
He had over 1000 yards with the bucs one season. Again, he is what he is.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2014, 03:57 PM
can we end this Blount nonsense?

Good offenses utilize a variety of talent, on a match up basis

Blount is NOT a #1 back. He's a bulldozer, WHEN he has hole. He is a piece you can use, but is absolutely NOT... in any way... a #1 back (which implies versatility in talent and scheme)

Like good coaches, Bellicheat and company identified a weakness in their opponent, and exploited it. Their offensive line manhandled Indy's overmatched front 7. Mankins, Cannon, Connolly, Solder all had field day with Indy's joke run stoppers, (26th Run D all year)

muncher
01-13-2014, 04:08 PM
LOL, 7 sacks in 7 games to end the season doesn't please people I don't know what will. Also gave Bell good holes! O line ended the season as a very strong point!

steelers finished 29th in ypc
steelers finished 27th in ypg
yup, no need to improve there

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2014, 05:07 PM
steelers finished 29th in ypc
steelers finished 27th in ypg
yup, no need to improve there

Or maybe, if you look properly, you'll see the improvement over the course of the season...

RBs averaged 3.1 YPC in the first 7 games
RBs averaged 4.0 YPC in the final 9 games

RBs averaged over 4.0 YPC ONCE in the first 7 games
RBs averaged over 4.0 YPC FIVE times in the last 9 games

There is need to improve... but the improvement will come from within via development, experience, growth, chemistry, etc

week RB Attempts Yards YPC TD Comments
1 14 31 2.2 0 Lose Pouncey
2 14 43 3.1 0
3 19 73 3.8 0
4 20 67 3.4 2 Bell Returns
5 bye
6 24 62 2.6 0
7 25 113 4.5 0 Beachum becomes starting LT
8 17 32 1.9 1
9 18 109 6.1 0
10 32 111 3.5 1
11 20 36 1.8 0
12 31 96 3.1 0
13 16 73 4.6 1
14 18 76 4.2 0
15 35 105 3.0 1
16 28 138 4.9 1
17 25 111 4.4 1

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2014, 06:14 PM
He had over 1000 yards with the bucs one season. Again, he is what he is.

Again, we are talking about the Bucs. So Talib is a cornball too????? He was on the bucs.

huntem
01-13-2014, 09:47 PM
A good running game is dictated by good blocking. Runningbacks are secondary.

K Train
01-14-2014, 09:13 AM
Again, we are talking about the Bucs. So Talib is a cornball too????? He was on the bucs.
He also fired a gun at his mother lol

coldrolled
01-14-2014, 10:47 AM

Ok, but what caliber?

Real Deal Steel
01-14-2014, 11:38 AM

But he can play. That's my point. Just because the Bucs let you go doesn't mean you can't play. The Bucs seem to not know how to cultivate talent. Blount, Talib, they've had legit players. And it seems that hoody has realized that and taken their talent and used it.

steelchamp204
01-14-2014, 12:03 PM

Yes, and Ben endagered his life and others by driving like a dick on his motorcycle. Made fun of pregnant waitresses and who knows what the **** happened with the two allegedly raped women.

We could go on and on about all this.

muncher
01-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Or maybe, if you look properly, you'll see the improvement over the course of the season...

RBs averaged 3.1 YPC in the first 7 games
RBs averaged 4.0 YPC in the final 9 games

RBs averaged over 4.0 YPC ONCE in the first 7 games
RBs averaged over 4.0 YPC FIVE times in the last 9 games

There is need to improve... but the improvement will come from within via development, experience, growth, chemistry, etc

week RB Attempts Yards YPC TD Comments
1 14 31 2.2 0 Lose Pouncey
2 14 43 3.1 0
3 19 73 3.8 0
4 20 67 3.4 2 Bell Returns
5 bye
6 24 62 2.6 0
7 25 113 4.5 0 Beachum becomes starting LT
8 17 32 1.9 1
9 18 109 6.1 0
10 32 111 3.5 1
11 20 36 1.8 0
12 31 96 3.1 0
13 16 73 4.6 1
14 18 76 4.2 0
15 35 105 3.0 1
16 28 138 4.9 1
17 25 111 4.4 1

so our oline is good because it finished the season strong BUT blount finished the season strong and he sucks?

Real Deal Steel
01-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Yep..see the logic in that? :rolleyes:

muncher, this is why neil is on my ignore list. If you say the sky is blue, he will come back and say it's purple. He has to prove his superiority. Just take it from me and put him on ignore too.

Also, do me a favor and don't include his quotes in your post. I don't want to see what he says anymore. Again, that's why I have him on ignore.

TarlsQtr
01-14-2014, 01:46 PM
so our oline is good because it finished the season strong BUT blount finished the season strong and he sucks?

Of course he did not say our OL was "good", he said it was improved. ALL of their backs run well behind that line (Brandon Bolden would have about identical yards and more TDs if he had the same amount of carries). NE has been one of the best run blocking OLs all season and are ranked best by at least one website: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Obviously, that makes a huge difference with no logical inconsistency at all.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2014, 02:38 PM

Our Oline is improving that's obvious in the tape and the data, whichever you prefer.

Your attempt to correlate that with Blount is confusing.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Yep..see the logic in that? :rolleyes:

muncher, this is why neil is on my ignore list. If you say the sky is blue, he will come back and say it's purple. He has to prove his superiority. Just take it from me and put him on ignore too.

Also, do me a favor and don't include his quotes in your post. I don't want to see what he says anymore. Again, that's why I have him on ignore.

muncher... if ignoring all debate, argument, and criticism (because you are a mental midget) is who you are, I would certainly follow Real Dumb Stupid's advice.

K Train
01-14-2014, 03:18 PM
But he can play. That's my point. Just because the Bucs let you go doesn't mean you can't play. The Bucs seem to not know how to cultivate talent. Blount, Talib, they've had legit players. And it seems that hoody has realized that and taken their talent and used it.
Right, because martin, james, and rainey are all scrubs.

And to replace talib they signed revis, drafted jonathan banks, signed dashon goldson, drafted mark barron...but they cant find any talent

Real Deal Steel
01-14-2014, 06:25 PM
But K,

IF they knew how to cultivate talent, they wouldn't have needed to use all that big money to sign Revis right? Or sign Goldson. I'm not making a hard, entire team statement. I'm saying at quite a few positions they've had talent, let it go and that talent has blossomed on other teams (Patriots). Not making a sweeping (every position) statement.

Barron was a high draft pick. No brainer pick right there. Didn't take a rocket scientist for them to take him. But will they keep him?? Jury is still out on the muscle hamster. LOL.

HumanPudding
01-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Using draft picks and FA signings as a way to attempt to correlate the inability of a coaching staff to cultivate talent is stupid. Every team drafts positions/free agents at positions they already have established talent. Every team needs to improve year to year and with the salary cap in the nfl you must let people go. Therefore, drafting and signing to positions not necessarily based upon need is good business. You let go older, higher priced guys for younger, cheaper talent

muncher
01-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Our Oline is improving that's obvious in the tape and the data, whichever you prefer.

Your attempt to correlate that with Blount is confusing.

its not really confusing unless you are trying to be hypocritical

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2014, 08:21 PM
its not really confusing unless you are trying to be hypocritical

It was confusing because I wasn't aware that you weren't able to differentiate between the improvement of an oline's play at multiple positions over the course of an entire season... And a singular RB having great games behind one of the leagues best run blocking offensive lines.

Hypocritical would require comparable scenarios... And these scenarios are only comparable if you lower everything to the dumbest common denominator.

Real Deal Steel
01-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Using draft picks and FA signings as a way to attempt to correlate the inability of a coaching staff to cultivate talent is stupid. Every team drafts positions/free agents at positions they already have established talent. Every team needs to improve year to year and with the salary cap in the nfl you must let people go. Therefore, drafting and signing to positions not necessarily based upon need is good business. You let go older, higher priced guys for younger, cheaper talent

every team has holes to fill. But when a team is constantly drafting the same position and then the talent moves on to achieve success somplace else, at some point that is an indictment against the previous coaching staff. It is stupid to think other wise.

Always getting rid of players as they get older? Sounds like Andy Reid's philosophy in Philly. And how'd that turn out? At some point, you have to pay for talent. Think how much better Ben and this team would have been if we had kept Plaxico Burress in his prime? Those years when we just missed the playoffs, Buress could have been the difference.

tburg68
01-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Do some people on this forum create a second profile in order to make it look like someone agrees with their insane opinions?

Real Deal Steel
01-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Do some people on this forum create a second profile in order to make it look like someone agrees with their insane opinions?

Yes...

Tarlqtr and Neilpatricbanana are both second profiles created from two other posters. PM me and we'll talk.

TarlsQtr
01-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Yes...

Tarlqtr and Neilpatricbanana are both second profiles created from two other posters. PM me and we'll talk.

LOL I have nothing to do with NPB or anyone else. You are just nuts.

Big T
01-18-2014, 03:06 PM
Looks like Jason Worilds will be a priority this offseason:

The Steelers have 21 players scheduled to become unrestricted free agents if they do not sign a new contract with them by March 11, when they can begin signing with other teams.

We’ve published the list and we know that they will not try to sign some on that list, even though Kevin Colbert annually says they would like to keep them all. That’s not the case (e.g. Plaxico Burress).

However, no one from the Steelers have mentioned which individual players they might want to keep and may try to re-sign before March 11 – until now.

Steelers president Art Rooney II held a conference call with season ticket-holders this week and for 30 minutes took their questions. One asked, via Steelers.com, “Who would be your No. 1 free agent on the team to re-sign?’’

Rooney did not flatly say who that is, but his answer included only one player. Again, via Steelers.com, Rooney began his answer this way:

“There are probably a couple o guys we need to look at. Jason Worilds is certainly somebody who came on and showed what he can do, particularly over the second half of the season.’’

Rooney went on to say there was a lot of work to do and a lot of decisions to make before March 11. However, he never mentioned another player.

By his answer, it is clear that Jason Worilds is their priority to sign among their 21 free agents. Maybe that’s nothing new, but we do have the team president affirming it, kind of.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2014/01/17/Rooney-Cites-Worilds-as-Keeper.html

NeilPatrickBanana
01-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Yes...

Yes Real Dumb Stupid is actually the alternate profile of Seriously Stupid Person

HumanPudding
01-18-2014, 05:00 PM
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!

TarlsQtr
01-19-2014, 06:15 PM
OK, how did Denver win against such a "stud" like Blount?

Big T
01-19-2014, 07:56 PM
OK, how did Denver win against such a "stud" like Blount?

5 carries for 6 yards. Stud!

Real Deal Steel
01-19-2014, 09:38 PM
K-Train,

See what I'm saying???

Big T
01-19-2014, 09:46 PM
Oh so now TarlsQtr and I are the same person?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

NeilPatrickBanana
01-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Oh so now TarlsQtr and I are the same person?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

no! Tarlsqtr and I are the same person. Don't you dare try to claim the alternate personality RDS assigned me! It was mine first!

lol

Big T
01-19-2014, 10:42 PM
no! Tarlsqtr and I are the same person. Don't you dare try to claim the alternate personality RDS assigned me! It was mine first!

lol

You forget that all three of us are the same person... Though I'm not sure how you could forget if I haven't. Split personalities?!?!? The plot thickens...

I guess anyone that disagrees with RDS and agree with each other are the same person. Should've known.

TarlsQtr
01-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Open letter to all mods: Never ban RDS. The retarded circus monkey is too effing funny not to have around.

Real Deal Steel
01-20-2014, 12:12 AM
You forget that all three of us are the same person... Though I'm not sure how you could forget if I haven't. Split personalities?!?!? The plot thickens...

I guess anyone that disagrees with RDS and agree with each other are the same person. Should've known.

Hahahaha. You just make up stuff as you go along dude. You know..talking to yourself with different names is considered insane in a lot of countries. Just sayin........LOL. Peace.

Big T
01-20-2014, 12:57 AM
Hahahaha. You just make up stuff as you go along dude. You know..talking to yourself with different names is considered insane in a lot of countries. Just sayin........LOL. Peace.

The funny thing is that you actually think that NPB, TarlsQtr, and myself are the same person. THAT is hilarious.

It's a cop out

Real Deal Steel
01-20-2014, 01:05 AM
T, have a great day dude.

Big T
01-20-2014, 01:08 AM
T, have a great day dude.

You as well. I just wish you would realize that other people can agree with eachother, without being the same person :)

Real Deal Steel
02-27-2014, 12:04 AM
I'm keeping tabs on how much Tyson Jackson will be looking for on the open market.

Big T
02-27-2014, 01:50 AM
I hope they look at Brandon Spikes. I don't think he'll command a big payday.