PDA

View Full Version : Another choke job by the Bengals...

Troyisabeast_43
01-05-2014, 04:55 PM
What an absolutely terrible performance today at home by a Bengals team that was 8-0 at home all season playing a West Coast team in the Chargers that barely snuck into the playoffs and had to have the refs help them to get in last week and beat a bunch of backups by the Chiefs. Andy Dalton was absolutely horrible today throwing INT after INT and he keeps proving more and more that he is not an elite QB and a guy that is going to get the Bengals to the next level. If I am the Bengals also I consider pulling the plug and firing Marvin Lewis as well. He has now been with the Bengals I believe 11 seasons and is now 0-5 in the playoffs 0-3 at home in the playoffs and has lost the last 3 seasons in the 1st round with this same young talented Bengals team. Something is not right there and I think something is just missing with Lewis and I think at some point the Bengals have to look at the big picture with Marvin Lewis and say enough is enough and this is just not the guy to get this team to the next level. He has had plenty of years with the Bengals and more then enough chances and has failed and failed miserably time and time again.

If the Bengals were going to make a run and do something in the playoffs this was the year to do it. Both the Ravens and the Steelers missed the playoffs and you simply cannot keep counting on that year in and year out. The Bengals cant keep expecting the Steelers to miss the playoffs like they have the last few seasons and start 0-4 like they did this year. Next season they arent going to get that lucky again and be able to take advantage of that like they did this year because it's probably not going to happen. At some point you have to take advantage of the window of opportunity you have and the Bengals have failed completely to do so the last 2 seasons especially this season. If I am the Bengals I strongly consider taking a look at getting rid of Marvin Lewis because at some point you just cant keep accepting losing in the playoffs and making no progress year in and year out.

scott0326
01-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Bengals will never go far in playoffs with Dalton at QB

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2014, 05:05 PM
I have been saying Dalton is a fraud for years.......How does Marvin Lewis keep his job?....Marvin still hasn't won a play-off game....lol

Dean Denton
01-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Dalton and Marvin need to go. Perfect time for John Gruden to step in and take over. He likes loaded rosters and has proven he can win doing so. However, I don't think Dalton can get it done. So much talent on this team and he keeps blowing it. Their window is about to close. Don't see the Steelers and Ravens staying down next year. Ha ha....

LevonKirkland99
01-05-2014, 05:53 PM
I have been saying Dalton is a fraud for years.......How does Marvin Lewis keep his job?....Marvin still hasn't won a play-off game....lol

This is so true in so many ways...They are choke artists. This is the same team that was predicted to go deep into the playoffs in the start of the season.

Sojourner
01-05-2014, 05:54 PM
The Bungles bungled. No big surprise.

TarlsQtr
01-05-2014, 05:57 PM
This is such a Ravens thread, pre-2013 playoffs...

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2014, 06:06 PM
This is such a Ravens thread, pre-2013 playoffs...

Except Joe Flacco/Jim Harbaugh actually won play-offs games before winning the Super Bowl.....Marvin Lewis still looking to win his first play-off game....lol I guess we should be singing the Bengals praises...lol

SnakeEyes43
01-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Except Joe Flacco/Jim Harbaugh actually won play-offs games before winning the Super Bowl.....Marvin Lewis still looking to win his first play-off game....lol I guess we should be singing the Bengals praises...lol

Exactly. Flacco took them to the AFC Championship his first year in the NFL.

TarlsQtr
01-05-2014, 06:16 PM

False choice. It is not either "they will never win a SB" or "sing their praises." There is a middle ground.

The won playoff games argument is also irrelevant. The Ravens had won playoff games BEFORE last year and the mantra was still, "They will never win a SB with Flacco."

Dalton is still a young QB. They have a young RB who should get better. Same at TE. If they develop and they get another WR weapon, they can win with an incredibly average QB a la Flacco.

ChucktownSteeler
01-05-2014, 06:18 PM
If there is a more conservative coach in the NFL than Marv Lewis right now, someone would have to point him out.

TarlsQtr
01-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Exactly. Flacco took them to the AFC Championship his first year in the NFL.

Yep, and everyone here was STILL saying last season that they would never win the SB with Flacco. Thus, all of that is irrelevant.

SteelCityKid5
01-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Bengals and Eagles out of the playoffs on the same weekend = successful weekened

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2014, 07:13 PM
False choice. It is not either "they will never win a SB" or "sing their praises." There is a middle ground.

The won playoff games argument is also irrelevant. The Ravens had won playoff games BEFORE last year and the mantra was still, "They will never win a SB with Flacco."

Dalton is still a young QB. They have a young RB who should get better. Same at TE. If they develop and they get another WR weapon, they can win with an incredibly average QB a la Flacco.

I'm sure fans of the Cowboys with Romo, fans of the Eagles with McNabb and really could go on and on were thinking their QB's could lead their teams to Super Bowls wins as well.......The Bengals fans probably were thinking a few Super Bowls with Boomer after 1988.......Just saying its not crazy to think Dalton is nothing more then a bum and the Bengals will never win the Super Bowl with him as their QB....

Jesus Christ can't some of us just have our fun seeing a ****ing divisional rival go down the shitter yet again...lol

K Train
01-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Dalton and Marvin need to go. Perfect time for John Gruden to step in and take over. He likes loaded rosters and has proven he can win doing so. However, I don't think Dalton can get it done. So much talent on this team and he keeps blowing it. Their window is about to close. Don't see the Steelers and Ravens staying down next year. Ha ha....

Why would gruden go there? Lose his cushy job at espn and screw his brother over by stealing the job??? Jay gruden and mike zimmer will both be in line for that job

jdehoff83
01-05-2014, 08:17 PM
I hope they keep both of them

skyhawk
01-05-2014, 08:19 PM
My first post!

I am not a fan of Dalton but what more can a guy do from the QB position? The gotta score more points though. But his 2 picks killed them! Cincy's D laid an egg.

K Train
01-05-2014, 08:20 PM
cincys d was in tough spot after tough spot...that loss goes on dalton

skyhawk
01-05-2014, 08:25 PM
cincys d was in tough spot after tough spot...that loss goes on dalton

I really can't give a position. I am just looking at the stats. I couldn't even watch this game, ugh.

Nolrog
01-05-2014, 08:46 PM

I was listening to Mike Francesa today (sports talk radio host in NYC if you don't already know.) Anyway, he had on Jim Nance today and they were talking about Dalton. Mike said he didn't trust Dalton in a big spot. I said something similar to a friend not long ago (great team, well built, I just don't know how far Dalton can take them.) And that pooch was well screwed by Dalton today; it's going to have a limp for the next month. Terrible performance by him.

Real Deal Steel
01-05-2014, 08:50 PM

Can I ask a question? How many Super Bowls did Cowher win before Ben? How can Lewis win with a cornball like Dalton at QB? Until the Bengals get a real QB, they will never be a real threat to do anything. You can't win with Howdy Doody at QB. LOL

coldrolled
01-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Until the Bengals get a real QB, they will never be a real threat to do anything. You can't win with Howdy Doody at QB. LOL

Really Dalton needs to get paid 100 million, then he will win.. When is his payday?

Real Deal Steel
01-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Really Dalton needs to get paid 100 million, then he will win.. When is his payday?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish the Bengals would commit franchise suicide like the Ravens did with Flacco. Please give a fake QB like Dalton 100 million. Tears of joy would be streaming from my eyes just knowing that there is one less team in my division to worry about.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Can I ask a question? How many Super Bowls did Cowher win before Ben? How can Lewis win with a cornball like Dalton at QB? Until the Bengals get a real QB, they will never be a real threat to do anything. You can't win with Howdy Doody at QB. LOL

Yea but Cowher at least one play-off games with O'Donnell, Tomczak, Kordell, Tommy Maddox at QB.....Marvin Lewis can't win a play-off game with Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton...lol I'm talking just a play-off game....Lewis needs to be fired.....

skyhawk
01-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Yea but Cowher at least one play-off games with O'Donnell, Tomczak, Kordell, Tommy Maddox at QB.....Marvin Lewis can't win a play-off game with Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton...lol I'm talking just a play-off game....Lewis needs to be fired.....

Yep. I will defend NOD. BUT, No way the Steelers make the SB in 1995 without him after starting the season 3-4. No way they win the AFC Championship game that year without him. Crappy SB?, sure.

SuperSteelers
01-05-2014, 10:20 PM

This 1000 percent. He is a serviceable backup QB at most.

K Train
01-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Even in the draft process I thought he'd be a career backup. Very kolb/Stanton/Edwards/McCoy like to me. He had a pretty good season and I think he would fall under that category of great backup instead of serviceable.

TarlsQtr
01-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Lol give me a break. There are 10-15 starting QBs not as good as Dalton. He is a completely average starting QB.

Serviceable backup is absurd.

SnakeEyes43
01-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Lol give me a break. There are 10-15 starting QBs not as good as Dalton. He is a completely average starting QB.

Name 'em. Lets go 15, since you wrote it.

TarlsQtr
01-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Name 'em. Lets go 15, since you wrote it.

Geno, Pryor, Eli, Weeden, Schaub, Henne, Manuel, Ponder/Cassel, Campbell, Alex Smith, Carson Palmer, Mike Glennon, Bradford, Tannehill, Griffin, fitzpatrick/locker

Just off the top my head.

Dean Denton
01-05-2014, 11:59 PM
Why would gruden go there? Lose his cushy job at espn and screw his brother over by stealing the job??? Jay gruden and mike zimmer will both be in line for that job
Because he would make a sh!t load of money. I'm guessing about 6 million more a year and his brother might want to coach with him. I'm sure there will be conversation about it. Gruden could write his own ticket and is a top choice for many franchises looking for a coach.

Big T
01-06-2014, 12:13 AM
Andy Dalton is an average starting QB. He's nothing special but he isn't terrible. He caves in big games though. That's a big and legitimate knock on him. 0-3 career playoff record. 1 TD, 6 INTs, 57% completion percentage over those three games. Not good to say the least.

SuperSteelers
01-06-2014, 03:48 AM

Serviceable backup is absurd.

You crack me up bro. Bwahahahahaha

TarlsQtr
01-06-2014, 06:26 AM
You crack me up bro. Bwahahahahaha

Interesting that you did not even attempt to make the case for those on my list being better.

coldrolled
01-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Geno, Pryor, Eli, Weeden, Schaub, Henne, Manuel, Ponder/Cassel, Campbell, Alex Smith, Carson Palmer, Mike Glennon, Bradford, Tannehill, Griffin, fitzpatrick/locker

Just off the top of my head, didnt our defense lose to a bunch of these guys?

K Train
01-06-2014, 08:36 AM

Now i think he would be an awesome backup, way more than a serviceable one but out of this list, theres no way dalton is better than eli or alex smith. RG3 slumped hard this season but he, geno, manuel, glennon, tannehill, and locker have considerably more upside than dalton.

I think they will stick with dalton, and they should, at least for now

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Dalton isn't better then Carson Palmer either. So the other posters point has been proven on how bad Dalton really is.

LatrobePA
01-06-2014, 09:25 AM

LOLOLOLOL Sure did!

NeilPatrickBanana
01-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Andy Dalton is an average starting QB.

yup. the end

coldrolled
01-06-2014, 09:38 AM
The Bengals still get a year before they have to pay a slew of players... So next year they will be ok... Dalton is still cheap.

We still have a pile of FA and a salary cap issue.. We are boxed in pretty bad.

K Train
01-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Bengals also continually have a ton of cap space...i imagine they will let michael johnson walk and pay geno atkins and AJ Green

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2014, 10:07 AM
The Bengals still get a year before they have to pay a slew of players... So next year they will be ok... Dalton is still cheap.

We still have a pile of FA and a salary cap issue.. We are boxed in pretty bad.

We can save big time by cutting Levi Brown (6.5 mil) making Troy restructure (7mil) making Ike restructure (don't remember the exact number but it's high in the millions too.)

If I had my druthers, I'd move Troy away from the team. I'm ready to draft a young safety and move Shamarko into the starting lineup.

K Train
01-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Ike cant restructure, he needs to take a paycut or get cut.

Troy is either get cut or extend

Levi Brown definitely wont be around unless he take the vet minimum (theres really no reason he shouldnt if he wants to continue his NFL career in pittsburgh, no one will give him more than the min)

TarlsQtr
01-06-2014, 10:36 AM

Didn't they also lose to Dalton once?

Your point?

TarlsQtr
01-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Now i think he would be an awesome backup, way more than a serviceable one but out of this list, theres no way dalton is better than eli or alex smith. RG3 slumped hard this season but he, geno, manuel, glennon, tannehill, and locker have considerably more upside than dalton.

I think they will stick with dalton, and they should, at least for now

I agree about potential but that is not the question. Smith is arguable. So is Palmer. Other than that, you have an almost impossible case to make that anyone on the rest of the list was better than Dalton in 2013.

Look at all of the relevant QB statistics as well. The guy is right in the middle. Painfully average starting QB.

K Train
01-06-2014, 11:19 AM
I will accept painfully average lol

LatrobePA
01-06-2014, 11:32 AM
If the Bengals had a QB they would of won it all this year.... Their D is set, O is set, QB is awful!

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2014, 12:03 PM
I just don't beleive in a guy who looks like Howdy Doody.

LatrobePA
01-06-2014, 12:09 PM
or: 1396

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2014, 01:41 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/1010538_654030881310270_1516938538_n.jpg

LASVEGASGUY
01-06-2014, 02:14 PM

Same as Tomlin, they are black and in this day and age you don't fire a black NFL coach without a really, really, really good reason.

LatrobePA
01-06-2014, 02:14 PM
lmfao! lololololololol

LatrobePA
01-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Same as Tomlin, they are black and in this day and age you don't fire a black NFL coach without a really, really, really good reason.

Ocho Stinko experiment should of ended Marvin's job!

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Marvin was a great DC. He should go back to that.

LASVEGASGUY
01-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Marvin was a great DC. He should go back to that.

Tomlin wasn't even a great DC where does he go?

LatrobePA
01-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Tomlin wasn't even a great DC where does he go?

SB with the bucs?? Yea he sucks!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2014, 03:50 PM
SB with the bucs?? Yea he sucks!

Tomlin just coached the secondary with the Bucs.....He was the DC for the Vikings.......

LatrobePA
01-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Tomlin just coached the secondary with the Bucs.....He was the DC for the Vikings.......

He's a dipshit but I don't think he is as awful as I thought earlier this season.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2014, 03:53 PM
He's a dipshit but I don't think he is as awful as I thought earlier this season.

Honestly I don't know what to think of Tomlin......I know I'm tired of seeing the team losing to inferior teams and to me that reflects coaching........

ChucktownSteeler
01-06-2014, 05:25 PM
What's up with Opie's eyebrows? He looks like a vulcan.

K Train
01-06-2014, 05:58 PM

Come on now

Big T
01-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Come on now

It's pointless. 99 percent of his comments are some variation of what you just quoted.

Katmandu
01-07-2014, 12:11 AM
http://img.claspics.com/wneiw9h/hq00g653/1388988487-590.jpg_m.jpg?1388988542

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2014, 12:18 AM
http://img.claspics.com/wneiw9h/hq00g653/1388988487-590.jpg_m.jpg?1388988542

That is awesome....lol

Real Deal Steel
01-07-2014, 12:28 AM
Tebow is a bum. Goofy could have been QB that night and gotten a victory over a injury riddled Steeler team.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2014, 12:31 AM
Tebow is a bum. Goofy could have been QB that night and gotten a victory over a injury riddled Steeler team.

Nobody said Tebow wasn't a bum....Just saying Tebow has a play-off win on his resume and the Ginger Andy Dalton doesn't...lol

K Train
01-07-2014, 12:31 AM

That's why it's funny

Real Deal Steel
01-07-2014, 12:32 AM
Andy Dalton is a bum. And I'm happy that he's the Bungels QB. Hopefully for many years to come.

steelchamp204
01-07-2014, 12:33 AM
That's why it's funny

You should have said

BAZINGA! lmfao