PDA

View Full Version : Trade down????

ChucktownSteeler
01-05-2014, 02:44 PM
First and foremost I have never been a fan of trading down. Never. But, we are slotted to draft at #15 in the first round and there should be impact players available. With the needs the team has, is this the year we draft down in the first round and try and get and extra pick in the second or third round?

Maybe trading from #15 to #25 or so and getting an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Thughts?????

K Train
01-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Hate trading down in the first. They need impact players, not solid depth or projects.

With all the needs they have as you said they should be able to get an impact player at 15 to fill that.

Nix, Mack, tuitt, Evans, lee, and some OTs to a lesser extent should all be there. CB's as well could be in play. More QBs to go in the top 15 the better.

coldrolled
01-05-2014, 03:20 PM
We should have #15 #47 and 1-late 3rd, 2-4's and 2-5's right?

Real Deal Steel
01-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Hate trading down in the first. They need impact players, not solid depth or projects.

With all the needs they have as you said they should be able to get an impact player at 15 to fill that.

Nix, Mack, tuitt, Evans, lee, and some OTs to a lesser extent should all be there. CB's as well could be in play. More QBs to go in the top 15 the better.

Exactly. We need talent; not quantity. Plus...To trade down, someone would have to want to trade up. There will be no one at 15 that someone would want to trade up for (basically giving us an additional second round pick). Can't see it.

But we need to stay at 15 and take the best player available in our areas of need.

Nolrog
01-05-2014, 04:10 PM
No we should not be trading down and certainly not 10 spaces. I'd much rather see them trading up, depending on what impact player is there (like if Clowney drops to 11 or 12, I'd look to trade up for him . . . . not that I think that is likely mind you, just as an example.)

I think you're trying to recover from that idiotic move they made this year (trade this year's #3 for a #4 last year), and then selecting Landry Jones with the other pick (Landryfreaking Jones. Where's the sense in that pick? I still don't understand it. Completely retarded move.) They should have traded the #18 (the Landry Jones pick) and a 5 or a 6 to move up 4 spots to 14 where they took Thomas.

Real Deal Steel
01-05-2014, 04:19 PM
We had to add a young back up QB. I had no problem with the Jones move. You never know. He may develop into something very serviceable.

But we need quality; we need a quality NT; we need a quality WR.

DanRooney
01-05-2014, 04:22 PM
We had to add a young back up QB. I had no problem with the Jones move. You never know. He may develop into something very serviceable.

But we need quality; we need a quality NT; we need a quality WR.

We don't need two superstar WRs. This draft is full of quality wideouts anyway.

We need a quality free safety or corner...both of which are lacking in this draft class.

Real Deal Steel
01-05-2014, 04:24 PM
No argument. Who said "superstar"

Our WR's are not red zone threats. We need options in the red zone or we are not going to win anything. Antonio Brown IS NOT a superstar WR's. He's a hard working son of a gun for sure. But superstar??? No.

K Train
01-05-2014, 04:27 PM
We don't need two superstar WRs. This draft is full of quality wideouts anyway.

We need a quality free safety or corner...both of which are lacking in this draft class.

No team has ever said we don't need two superstar WRs. That's insane

Real Deal Steel
01-05-2014, 04:32 PM
You give Ben Brandon Marshall and Jeffrey's this season and we are in the playoffs.

Two WR's that can't be jammed at the line and you can throw to them even if their covered???? Yeah...that's real bad having two superstar WR's. I'll give up Brown and Sanders for those two right now along with a third round draft pick.

TarlsQtr
01-05-2014, 04:55 PM
No team has ever said we don't need two superstar WRs. That's insane

You are misinterpreting his words. He is saying that you can win with one and a complimentary bunch rather than two superstars. He is right.

He is then saying that we would be better off with the former scenario. It is debatable but a fair opinion.

He is not saying that any team would not want two.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2014, 05:06 PM
You give Ben Brandon Marshall and Jeffrey's this season and we are in the playoffs.

Two WR's that can't be jammed at the line and you can throw to them even if their covered???? Yeah...that's real bad having two superstar WR's. I'll give up Brown and Sanders for those two right now along with a third round draft pick.

This but I'll settle for Brown and a Mike Evans/Kelvin Benjamin....lol

Big T
01-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Now that Sammy Watkins is out of the picture... Kelvin Benjamin <3 lol

ChucktownSteeler
01-05-2014, 06:16 PM
I agree there will be a run on overvalued QBs in round 1 that will benefit us. The question would be:

1.) Trade down or stay pat.

2.) If we stay pat we go BPA:

I think Mike Evans or Sammy Watkins will be there at #15.

Still need CB - I like Dennard.

K Train
01-05-2014, 07:20 PM

When do you see brown get jammed at the line? He's damn near untouchable at the line. Jeffrey and Marshall get jammed but have the size to beat it, brown just doesn't let anyone get a hand on him, I'll take that all day.

My point is you do need two superstar WRs unless you have an amazing run game (they don't) or amazing defense (they don't). Lions, browns, steelers, cowboys all have top tore WRs but are all sitting at home because they suck elsewhere and they don't have a top passing attack to go with their top tier WRs. Having one threat just isn't enough for the steelers. Sure they need to revamp the d and run game but adding another WR could be a quick fix and help fix those things itself.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Tall and physical WR who can get deep, athletic freak TE are musts....I would love to add a speed RB to pair with Bell as well.......

K Train
01-05-2014, 08:19 PM
im ok with bell as an every down back, and as far as speed i think jones still has a decent amount of potential....the running game isnt quite there yet, but bell looks the part of a dominant back.

I'd almost like them to dip into the NBA draft pool and see what they can come up with, the basketball/TE has become so cliche its damn near a rule

Real Deal Steel
01-05-2014, 08:54 PM
This but I'll settle for Brown and a Mike Evans/Kelvin Benjamin....lol

Me too. :deshade:

Real Deal Steel
01-05-2014, 08:59 PM
When do you see brown get jammed at the line? He's damn near untouchable at the line. Jeffrey and Marshall get jammed but have the size to beat it, brown just doesn't let anyone get a hand on him, I'll take that all day.

My point is you do need two superstar WRs unless you have an amazing run game (they don't) or amazing defense (they don't). Lions, browns, steelers, cowboys all have top tore WRs but are all sitting at home because they suck elsewhere and they don't have a top passing attack to go with their top tier WRs. Having one threat just isn't enough for the steelers. Sure they need to revamp the d and run game but adding another WR could be a quick fix and help fix those things itself.

Brown gets jammed. Not often. But he does get jammed and re-routed. With Ben improvising and buying time, it's not that big a deal.

And I agree with you that adding a good WR on the other side will only make Brown more lethal BUT.....our main focus in this draft has to be on the defensive side of the ball. Most of the picks in this coming draft have to be on defense.

But the first round pick can be on a WR.

Real Deal Steel
01-05-2014, 09:00 PM
im ok with bell as an every down back, and as far as speed i think jones still has a decent amount of potential....the running game isnt quite there yet, but bell looks the part of a dominant back.

I'd almost like them to dip into the NBA draft pool and see what they can come up with, the basketball/TE has become so cliche its damn near a rule

We might as well look to the NBA for a TE. Everyone else is.

Nolrog
01-05-2014, 09:17 PM

Do they play defense?

muncher
01-05-2014, 09:21 PM
lets see. a #15 pick sitting the bench for a couple years OR a late 1st and a 3rd sitting the bench as long or longer.
hmmmm, decisions decisions

Big T
01-05-2014, 11:38 PM
lets see. a #15 pick sitting the bench for a couple years OR a late 1st and a 3rd sitting the bench as long or longer.

Yep because Jarvis Jones and Le'Veon Bell sat all year. DeCastro (who was slated to start before injury and started when he was healthy enough to play) and Mike Adams sat all last year. Gilbert sat all of 2011. Pouncey sat all of 2010.

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2014, 12:31 AM
Thank you T. Point made.

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Do they play defense?

funny, I dont recall the defense dropping that ball in the end zone against the Ravens. That was Emanuel Sanders was it not? hmmm.

K Train
01-06-2014, 07:39 AM

bunch of debbie downers lol

Nolrog
01-06-2014, 10:04 AM
funny, I dont recall the defense dropping that ball in the end zone against the Ravens. That was Emanuel Sanders was it not? hmmm.

That was Sanders, yes. And so what? If you don't see the defense as a major problem on this team, then you're watching a different team than I am. 21st against the run, 13th overall, 25th in sacks, 29th in interceptions, 15th in fumbles recovered. Hmmmm.

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2014, 10:10 AM
That was Sanders, yes. And so what? If you don't see the defense as a major problem on this team, then you're watching a different team than I am. 21st against the run, 13th overall, 25th in sacks, 29th in interceptions, 15th in fumbles recovered. Hmmmm.

Dude, read my first post. I want to use the first round draft pick on a WR..then after that, the entire draft I feel needs to be devoted to the defense. You and I are on the same page. But we also neeeeeed to have a WR that is relevant in the red zone. I'm assuming that Miller is going to be better coming back from his injuries at TE so we need to add another threat down there.

But I'm totally on board with finding a NT in the second round, adding another LB , safety or CB in the third, etc.etc. etc.

steelchamp204
01-06-2014, 10:46 AM
We need to LE also.

Tuitt

Muaro-Later rounds

Heyward needs help, and would be more of a monster with someone opposite of him. Would also help out Jones/Worilds(If resigns)

K Train
01-06-2014, 11:22 AM
It is tough for me to decend between Tuitt and Nix....i think i would take tuitt personally, he and heyward would be the truth at DE. They would (as heyward said) put people on the ground and treat them badly

LatrobePA
01-06-2014, 11:41 AM
bunch of debbie downers lol

She's a whore!

steelchamp204
01-06-2014, 11:42 AM
It is tough for me to decend between Tuitt and Nix....i think i would take tuitt personally, he and heyward would be the truth at DE. They would (as heyward said) put people on the ground and treat them badly

Let Woods/Hood play NT and rotate McLendon, id be happy with that

LatrobePA
01-06-2014, 11:58 AM
We need a true badass NT, these guys are too much of a hybrid for my taste..

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2014, 12:02 PM
I feel ya Latrobe. You want a beast at NT. I'd love to take the best NT available in the second round. Got to get some push from that position and help JJ as much as possible.

Nolrog
01-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Dude, read my first post. I want to use the first round draft pick on a WR..then after that, the entire draft I feel needs to be devoted to the defense. You and I are on the same page. But we also neeeeeed to have a WR that is relevant in the red zone. I'm assuming that Miller is going to be better coming back from his injuries at TE so we need to add another threat down there.

But I'm totally on board with finding a NT in the second round, adding another LB , safety or CB in the third, etc.etc. etc.

I wouldn't have a problem with that. If they keep to the O/D rotation they've had in the last few years for the first round pick, then I could see an offensive player; WR would be good, even TE (I was high on Eifert last year to compliment Heath and take over for him in a couple years.

K Train
01-06-2014, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with that. If they keep to the O/D rotation they've had in the last few years for the first round pick, then I could see an offensive player; WR would be good, even TE (I was high on Eifert last year to compliment Heath and take over for him in a couple years.

i wouldnt have minded eifert, but some people were talking about him like he was the second coming

Real Deal Steel
01-06-2014, 11:27 PM
I'm wondering can we fix what we need to fix in one off-season?

IF we could add the WR we need and then fix at least two areas on the defense, I think that could get us to at least to 10 wins.

factoring in that the O-line will stay somewhat intact. And that's a huge IF!

steelchamp204
01-07-2014, 12:07 AM
I'm wondering can we fix what we need to fix in one off-season?

IF we could add the WR we need and then fix at least two areas on the defense, I think that could get us to at least to 10 wins.

factoring in that the O-line will stay somewhat intact. And that's a huge IF!

O line couldnt get any worse rotational wise like it did this season. Let's all pray that everything can stay healthy, and not get rolled up on.

K Train
01-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Fixes and turn around a can definitely he made in one offseason. Steelers don't even need a drastic turn around

Real Deal Steel
01-07-2014, 12:27 AM
Yeah...

When you think about the turn around the Chiefs did, goes to show you anything is possible if the right moves are made.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2014, 12:40 AM
Yeah...

When you think about the turn around the Chiefs did, goes to show you anything is possible if the right moves are made.

As long as Tomlin/Colbert don't **** it up...lol

steelchamp204
01-07-2014, 12:46 AM
As long as Tomlin/Colbert don't **** it up...lol

Sad thing is, they should have paid Lewis(even if some think he was going to La anyways) That would have saved us time to waste another pick on CB

They need to sign Worilds, or we will be back at square one on the OLB department. Then they would have to keep Woodley :duh:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2014, 12:50 AM
Sad thing is, they should have paid Lewis(even if some think he was going to La anyways) That would have saved us time to waste another pick on CB

They need to sign Worilds, or we will be back at square one on the OLB department. Then they would have to keep Woodley :duh:

All we can count on from Woodley this point is him getting fat and missing games....Worilds should be resigned but I worry to since he really this was his first year of him really showing anything....I know he led the team in 2012 with 5 sacks but still he really didn't show much....This year he was much better even in the run game....I give him credit....

coldrolled
01-07-2014, 08:35 AM
How much can a worilds contract be?? hes not dumervil or ware

K Train
01-07-2014, 08:37 AM
To me he should get a deal similar to what victor butler got, but he will probably get more

NeilPatrickBanana
01-07-2014, 09:55 AM
To me he should get a deal similar to what victor butler got, but he will probably get more

that's some wishful thinking. Butler got 2 yrs / 3 million / 1.5 avg per

I think Worrilds will be looking at something more in the 3-4 year range, with 3.0 mil per avg

K Train
01-07-2014, 09:59 AM
i know lol, its just the caliber player i see him as still

NeilPatrickBanana
01-07-2014, 10:11 AM
i know lol, its just the caliber player i see him as still

come on... 13 sacks over the last 2 years vs 6 sacks over the last 2 years....

K Train
01-07-2014, 10:15 AM
come on... 13 sacks over the last 2 years vs 6 sacks over the last 2 years....

Pretty sure butler didnt have any starts, he was strictly situational (pretty sure) which is why he was an intriguing FA. Still, i do hope they can resign worilds, im sure a 34 transition team will be taking a good look at him

NeilPatrickBanana
01-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Pretty sure butler didnt have any starts, he was strictly situational (pretty sure) which is why he was an intriguing FA. Still, i do hope they can resign worilds, im sure a 34 transition team will be taking a good look at him

I think we can get him at a fair, mid range price, that allows us to get prime years, without paying long term. And he'll be able to hit free agency again, while still in his prime.

3 years/12 million.... 4.0 avg per
Give him some nice up front cash (4 million bonus), Guaranteed salary in 1st year (1 mil)
1.0 - 1.333 = 2.33 cap
3.0 - 1.333 = 4.33 cap
4.0 - 1.333 = 5.33 cap

He's only 25 yrs old...

That's the max of what I'd do.

Real Deal Steel
01-07-2014, 03:10 PM
We've got to keep Worilds. It's just that simple.

Mike Tomlin
01-07-2014, 03:21 PM
I wonder where Benjamin will fall in the first round?

K Train
01-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Hes not a first round lock quite yet

Mike Tomlin
01-07-2014, 03:31 PM
I really just starting watching clips of college players like I normally do this time of year and if he's not yet he should be lol. if we get any Wr in the first I really hope it's him. I hope he's not in the first so we'll atleast have a chance to get him. If he's not considered a first rounder now by the time the combine is over he will be.

K Train
01-07-2014, 03:34 PM
I really just starting watching clips of college players like I normally do this time of year and if he's not yet he should be lol. if we get any Wr in the first I really hope it's him. I hope he's not in the first so we'll atleast have a chance to get him. If he's not considered a first rounder now by the time the combine is over he will be.

Hes a man among boys right now, theres a lot of work that needs to be done if hes ever going to be anything more than a jump ball guy.

What do you like about him so much? Aside from him being tall and jumping high, to me theres a lot of hole sin his game

Mike Tomlin
01-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Hes a man among boys right now, theres a lot of work that needs to be done if hes ever going to be anything more than a jump ball guy.

What do you like about him so much? Aside from him being tall and jumping high, to me theres a lot of hole sin his game

I haven't seen a whole lot of him but I can tell he's raw. Just in what i've seen of him I think he would be a nice compliment with Brown, Wheaton, and Cotch. I don't think he's more NFL ready than some of the other guys in the draft, I just really like his size and upside. If we didn't have Brown and Wheaton I would probably prefer one of the other guys. He's definitely a man among boys right now but I think he can have that same affect in the NFL. I think being you is what gets you to the NFL, technique and coaching keeps you there. With Brown on one side , Cotch becoming a threat, Miller starting to round into form, he would see a lot of one on one match ups where he would have a chance to do what comes natural to him until he's a more complete receiver. I mean he's not getting any smaller so he'll still be a lot bigger than anyone guarding him. Again I know some of the other guys are more polished but his size and ability in this offense along with the other playmakers we have opposite him would be a good fit......to me at least.

Real Deal Steel
01-07-2014, 11:44 PM
hmmm. Compelling points.

steelchamp204
01-08-2014, 01:21 AM
I doubt Benjamin goes in the first, probably late 1st if anything. I would rather have Evans, then after that. A guy like Robinson/Mathews/Lee.

Good route runners and play like bigger receivers. Just because we don't draft 6'6 Wide outs doesn't mean there are not any other great WR in this draft.

ChucktownSteeler
01-08-2014, 07:28 AM
DENNARD

coldrolled
01-08-2014, 09:57 AM

He seems to catch the ball very well.. Speed, Routes and Durability? thats the question for me on Kelvin.. Then, One acl and he may be one and done.

coldrolled
01-08-2014, 09:58 AM
DENNARD

Watching Dennard and Gilbert. You dont think Gilbert has more to offer? why?

NeilPatrickBanana
01-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Watching Dennard and Gilbert. You dont think Gilbert has more to offer? why?

I prefer Dennard as well. He simply has much more valuable skills. However, I will admit that Gilbert is probably a better fit.

At Mich St, Dennard plays man to man on an island... he almost never has safety help. He's a straight shut down corner.

Gilbert plays "some" man to man, but a lot more zone. Gilbert is the better overall athlete. He's quicker/faster, and thus has the skills to "recover" when he's beat 1 on 1, and also skills that fit more of a zone scheme.

Dennard is a much more polished, ready for the NFL, Shut down corner. Gilbert has a high upside as a superior athlete/ball skills DB.

Gilbert fits better in our current system (he wouldn't start right away)
Dennard is the type of DB you can build a defense around (Revis comparison... yes, it's a perfect comparison). He's pro ready, and could probably start from Day 1 in a defense that used him properly.

If you are frustrated with 7-8 yards off the ball, constant zone schemes... and you believe the coaching staff is smart enough to change schematically to the talent they have... then you should want Dennard

If you are content with our zone schemes... and thus believe that the problem is the front 7, pass rush, etc... then you should prefer an upgrade at that position

The problem with Gilbert... is that corner is simply not an important enough position to invest a 1st rounder in our defense (there's a reason we haven't done so, and have consistently turned 3rd, 4th, 5th rounders into starting corners)

So... I can't see a good enough reason to draft Gilbert... Dennard is the ONE elite corner prospect IMO

note: I think Ifo Ekpre Olomu is better choice for us than Gilbert... Ifo is even rawer than Gilbert, but his raw talent is also superior.

Right now... i see it like this... (note: i'll be updating this post with pro/con about each...)

Top 10
1. Dennard
Pro : Elite Shutdown/M2M/Press
Con : Not a ballhawk

Top 20
2. Ifo
Pro : Elite athleticism/Ball Skill/ShutdownPotential
Cons : Raw

1st round
3. Verret
Pro : Versatile schematically/high end athleticism/ball skills/Perfect Hips
Con : Undersized

4. Gilbert
Pro : Freakish Athlete/Off Charts Potential
Cons : Scheme limited/Risk

2nd round
5. Roby
6. Roberson

2nd-3rd
7. Joyner
8. Hampton

3rd
9. Fuller
10. Gaines

steelchamp204
01-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Ifo is returning to Oregon. Just some info. Not sure, I think I saw it yesterday.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Ifo is returning to Oregon. Just some info. Not sure, I think I saw it yesterday.

thanks... didnt hear that yet

K Train
01-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Im a big fan of gilbert, he is a much better fit and an absolute pick machine.

He'll be what david amerson was supposed to be after his amazing junior year

NeilPatrickBanana
01-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Im a big fan of gilbert, he is a much better fit and an absolute pick machine.

He'll be what david amerson was supposed to be after his amazing junior year

He's a better fit... he won't be a pick machine here... is a zone corner, who is schemed to primarily keep the play in front of him and support the run... worth a 1st round pick? I think that type of player is a waste of a 1st rounder (and arguably, so does our front office... based on history)

I hold out hope... that since they "wanted" Revis... that they would alter their scheme for the right talent. (although, like yourself, they were unable to recognize that long term in Keenan Lewis)

In that regard, Dennard is a home run pick... because he is not only an elite talent, but he would drive a schematic shift in the secondary, in a direction that I believe is required. Being able to play cover 1, without sacrificing yardage from soft zone shells, is the ideal defense for today's game. A shutdown corner would be the most important piece in potentially driving that shift (followed by a FS with range)

I dont think Gilbert makes much of a difference in the big picture, if things remain largely the same....

I'd also argue that Cortex Allen is a better fit in a man/press scheme... and I think a Dennard/Allen man 2 man alignment could be a huge difference making solution in rebuilding the defense.
(still need that FS that can cover ground)

K Train
01-08-2014, 12:23 PM
He's a better fit... he won't be a pick machine here... is a zone corner, who is schemed to primarily keep the play in front of him and support the run... worth a 1st round pick? I think that type of player is a waste of a 1st rounder (and arguably, so does our front office... based on history)

I hold out hope... that since they "wanted" Revis... that they would alter their scheme for the right talent. (although, like yourself, they were unable to recognize that long term in Keenan Lewis)

In that regard, Dennard is a home run pick... because he is not only an elite talent, but he would drive a schematic shift in the secondary, in a direction that I believe is required. Being able to play cover 1, without sacrificing yardage from soft zone shells, is the ideal defense for today's game. A shutdown corner would be the most important piece in potentially driving that shift (followed by a FS with range)

I dont think Gilbert makes much of a difference in the big picture, if things remain largely the same....

I'd also argue that Cortex Allen is a better fit in a man/press scheme... and I think a Dennard/Allen man 2 man alignment could be a huge difference making solution in rebuilding the defense.
(still need that FS that can cover ground)
I dont think theres any elite corners in the draft, but there you go with watering down the word elite again.

Regardless, i dont think either one would be a waste of a pick, though i dont necessarily love either one. I would remain hopeful that they would change up the gameplan a bit to fit eithers skills, but gilbert isnt just a zone corner, not at all.

Id rather target roby or Purifoy in round two though, i dont think the drop off is that much...hence the reason i dont see elite in any corner this year.

VTSteelerfan
01-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Mock draft has us taking Dennard read below

Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State.

Imagine Troy Polamalu as a cornerback. That’s not an across-the-board comparison, but Dennard brings a lot of those Polamalu traits to the field. Namely, he plays with an edge, a trait highlighted in how aggressively he dives down to pitch in against the run. Pittsburgh’s corners were putrid at times in 2013, so the value of finding Dennard all the way down at 15 would be a godsend.

steelchamp204
01-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Mock draft has us taking Dennard read below

Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State.

Imagine Troy Polamalu as a cornerback. That’s not an across-the-board comparison, but Dennard brings a lot of those Polamalu traits to the field. Namely, he plays with an edge, a trait highlighted in how aggressively he dives down to pitch in against the run. Pittsburgh’s corners were putrid at times in 2013, so the value of finding Dennard all the way down at 15 would be a godsend.

The corner were putrid due to the lack of pass rush. WR/CB are a luxury in the first.

It wouldnt matter anyways, if DL wont change the system and put Dennard 1v1 instead of zone, it's a wasted pick in the first.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-08-2014, 02:41 PM
I dont think theres any elite corners in the draft, but there you go with watering down the word elite again.

I think Dennard is as good as Haden was when he was coming out...

I think CB is the most commonly misjudged position in regards to talent coming out of college.

Regardless, i dont think either one would be a waste of a pick, though i dont necessarily love either one. I would remain hopeful that they would change up the gameplan a bit to fit eithers skills, but gilbert isnt just a zone corner, not at all.

Gilbert is a 1st round prospect strictly because of his skills that translate to zone

Id rather target roby or Purifoy in round two though, i dont think the drop off is that much...hence the reason i dont see elite in any corner this year.

disagree

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2014, 03:00 PM
The corner from Oklahoma will be there in the 3rd round. That's when we pull the trigger on a cornerback.

coldrolled
01-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Im excited to see a new CB and S... Time will tell, were talking May 8th... Ouch...

LevonKirkland99
01-08-2014, 10:52 PM
We should NEVER trade down in this draft. We need some good talent early first round.

steelchamp204
01-08-2014, 11:25 PM
If we go CB 2nd-4th I want

1. Fuller
2. Colvin
3. Gaines
4. Roberson

No specific order really.