PDA

View Full Version : Reid's "Rested" Chiefs Drop Like Flies

steelspikes
01-04-2014, 08:28 PM
What a delight to see Indy stick it to the Kansas City Chiefs, who rested 20 of 22 starters in their Week 17 finale, losing to San Diego and eliminating our beloved Black & Gold from Playoff contention! Reid's strategy backfired and I personally could not be happier.

Apparently those Chief starters forgot just how violent a game football is, as one after another they succumbed to game-ending injuries. Or maybe they forgot what it's like to go all out for two halves, blowing a 38-10 halftime lead. Best Playoff comeback since Frank Reich led the Bills back from a 31-3 halftime deficit in 1993.

Gotta love it!

NeilPatrickBanana
01-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Andrew Luck was incredible overcoming his own mistakes.

Reid is definitely the goat... He took his foot off the pedal in the 2nd half... And let the Colts off the mat.

TarlsQtr
01-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Andrew Luck was incredible overcoming his own mistakes.

Reid is definitely the goat... He took his foot off the pedal in the 2nd half... And let the Colts off the mat.

Tomlin does that. Cowher used to as well and it drives me nuts. You can never score too many points in this league.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-04-2014, 09:16 PM
I've never seen a young QB overcome so many crucial mistakes and such a huge deficit in a game like that...

That's likely to be the game of the year in the NFL

SnakeEyes43
01-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Luck is a beast, I hate that he plays for the Colts. Awesome comeback win.

LevonKirkland99
01-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Reid got what he deserved. This one is for not playing as hard against the Chargers...

North Steel
01-04-2014, 09:44 PM
HEY KC FU*K YOU HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :bigfinger:

coldrolled
01-04-2014, 09:49 PM
I've never seen a young QB overcome so many crucial mistakes and such a huge deficit in a game like that...

That's likely to be the game of the year in the NFL

This was the new NFL, 45-44 no defense.

Rocky#20
01-05-2014, 12:02 AM
Of course Succop was 3 for 3 drilling a 46 yarder like it was nothing. All in all it was a good day though, with the Chiefs losing and the Philly fans getting their hearts ripped out on the last play of the game.

steelcity73
01-05-2014, 01:11 AM
This was the new NFL, 45-44 no defense.

Guess it's destiny, a QB with the name luck and you get another (should be turnover) that lands in the hands of a guy named "luck", even the czar roger goodell doesn't have that power! INDIANAPOLIS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!! INDY SUCKS A$$!!!!!!! Did Reid let off on D, or I agree is it illegal to play D in the Nancy Football League?

Troyisabeast_43
01-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Reid got what he deserved. This one is for not playing as hard against the Chargers...
I think they played hard against the Chargers and should have won the game had Succop made that kick with 7 seconds left. I didnt like that Reid didnt care enough in OT when the Chargers called that fake punt that got stripped and ran back for a TD that he didnt even care enough to call timeout or at least ask to the refs to look at it again. In the end Reid like his days in Philly had terrible clock management and use of timeouts and he got what he deserved. Losing 6 of your last 8 games after starting 9-0 is not a good way for Andy Reid to go out in his first season as KC coach for a team and a fanbase that havent won a playoff game in 20 years. I cant wait to play KC here next season and spank them...

JackLambert
01-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Andy Reid is a nice guy, has a good mind for the passing game, and is a complete game-day moron. Philly won because Jim Johnson had some great defenses and McNabb made plays with his legs. Reid never had a clue how to assemble a good roster, balance an offense, or manage a game (timeouts, challenges, adjustments, working the refs, etc.).

He was smart enough to take a job with a team coming off a brutal season (low expectations, easy schedule), in a good football town, with the first overall pick, and a roster more talented than most realized. Same exact thing he did in Philly (McNabb was #2 overall). That 9-0 start turning into a 2-6 finish, including a vintage, excruciating, Reid-special, playoff loss.

The really fun part is he'll be lauded for the great season and finish 2nd or 3rd in the Coach of Year voting. People just don't want to admit the truth about this guy.

ChucktownSteeler
01-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Tomlin does that. Cowher used to as well and it drives me nuts. You can never score too many points in this league.

Cowhers record was 108-1-1 when leading by 11-points or more at half.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cowher

TarlsQtr
01-05-2014, 09:28 AM
I think they played hard against the Chargers and should have won the game had Succop made that kick with 7 seconds left. I didnt like that Reid didnt care enough in OT when the Chargers called that fake punt that got stripped and ran back for a TD that he didnt even care enough to call timeout or at least ask to the refs to look at it again. In the end Reid like his days in Philly had terrible clock management and use of timeouts and he got what he deserved. Losing 6 of your last 8 games after starting 9-0 is not a good way for Andy Reid to go out in his first season as KC coach for a team and a fanbase that havent won a playoff game in 20 years. I cant wait to play KC here next season and spank them...

There are no challenges in OT. All are booth calls.

A lot of people are getting heartburn over Reid not playing his starters but we would have done the same thing. Cowher did it in 2004 against the Bills.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2014, 10:00 AM
There are no challenges in OT. All are booth calls.

A lot of people are getting heartburn over Reid not playing his starters but we would have done the same thing. Cowher did it in 2004 against the Bills.

I think resting your players is pretty much always the wrong move.

LatrobePA
01-05-2014, 10:08 AM
I called this a long time ago. Chiefs one and done.

steelchamp204
01-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Karma.

TarlsQtr
01-05-2014, 12:16 PM
I think resting your players is pretty much always the wrong move.

I disagree. It can be wrong(e.g. when your team is not playing well down the stretch like the Chiefs or you have a first round playoff bye meaning two weeks off) but otherwise it is a smart move. I believe that teams coming off bye weeks have a record far over .500 since the system was put in place. Granted that this is not 100 percent analogous because resting your starters does not come with every advantage a bye week does (e.g. an extra week of game plan prep), but an opportunity to rest your starters and get/stay healthy is a big enough advantage.

If we were in that situation last week, Tomlin played his starters, and Ben or AB got hurt, the haters here would be on him like a junk yard dog on a steak.

Sojourner
01-05-2014, 12:44 PM
I don't blame Reid for resting his starters in the last game of the season. He had his reasons and a lot of coaches would have done the same thing.
I don't don't think that the blame for the us missing the playoffs rests on KC/Reid's shoulders. We weren't in the playoffs because we didn't win the games we should have won and we didn't execute the way we should have enough of the time to earn a spot on our own.

With all of that said I was a happy camper seeing KC get their teeth kicked down their throats in the second half of that game and I was laughing my butt off while watching Reid do the walk of shame on his way to the locker room after he and his team were one and done.
Heh, I still get a chuckle out of it.

No, it wasn't their fault that we didn't make the playoffs but man it still felt real good seeing them get creamed. It wasn't quite revenge but it still tasted oh so sweet.

steelchamp204
01-05-2014, 12:59 PM
I disagree. It can be wrong(e.g. when your team is not playing well down the stretch like the Chiefs or you have a first round playoff bye meaning two weeks off) but otherwise it is a smart move. I believe that teams coming off bye weeks have a record far over .500 since the system was put in place. Granted that this is not 100 percent analogous because resting your starters does not come with every advantage a bye week does (e.g. an extra week of game plan prep), but an opportunity to rest your starters and get/stay healthy is a big enough advantage.

If we were in that situation last week, Tomlin played his starters, and Ben or AB got hurt, the haters here would be on him like a junk yard dog on a steak.

Not really. If we were playing a division rival in Baltimore and had a chance to knock them out of the playoffs, you bet damn well I want the starters playing. Not giving a chance in hell to let a division opponent in the playoffs.

Resting a team who finished 2-5 down the stretch? No. Maybe a team who finished 5-2 or 6-2. Not 2-5.

Tomlin wouldn't win either way, if this team were 2-5 going in, they'd be after Haley/Tomlins head for not giving the team much needed reps to go into the playoffs. Especially if they lost in the WC round.

SuperSteelers
01-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Anyone actually watching the Chargers/Bengals game? We all know it is inevitable that both of these train wrecks will lose at some point.

Real Deal Steel
01-05-2014, 03:42 PM
What a delight to see Indy stick it to the Kansas City Chiefs, who rested 20 of 22 starters in their Week 17 finale, losing to San Diego and eliminating our beloved Black & Gold from Playoff contention! Reid's strategy backfired and I personally could not be happier.

Apparently those Chief starters forgot just how violent a game football is, as one after another they succumbed to game-ending injuries. Or maybe they forgot what it's like to go all out for two halves, blowing a 38-10 halftime lead. Best Playoff comeback since Frank Reich led the Bills back from a 31-3 halftime deficit in 1993.

Gotta love it!

Eagles fans are telling Chiefs "Now you see why we ran Andy out of town." Reid stinks in the playoffs; timeout management, clock management.

And say what you want but Alex Smith will never win anything. Just like Andy Dalton. Average isn't enough at the QB position.

TarlsQtr
01-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Eagles fans are telling Chiefs "Now you see why we ran Andy out of town." Reid stinks in the playoffs; timeout management, clock management.

And say what you want but Alex Smith will never win anything. Just like Andy Dalton. Average isn't enough at the QB position.

How many times did you say that about Flacco?

Nolrog
01-05-2014, 04:15 PM
The refs couldn't save them yesterday. I wonder if they are going to fire the defensive staff tomorrow.

Real Deal Steel
01-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Up to the Chargers game,

Every team with the superior QB has won. hmmmm

Now that's why I don't take the Bengals seriously. They have Richie Cunningham at QB and he's never going to be a "playoff producing QB".
The key phrase being "playoff producing Qb"

Trent Dilfer was an aberration.

steelspikes
01-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Up to the Chargers game,

Every team with the superior QB has won. hmmmm

Now that's why I don't take the Bengals seriously. They have Richie Cunningham at QB and he's never going to be a "playoff producing QB".
The key phrase being "playoff producing Qb"

Trent Dilfer was an aberration.

Who's Richie Cunningham? Just kidding. LMAO...you're right about Smith & Dalton. Dilfer only won because in 2000 Balt. had a great defense.

steelspikes
01-07-2014, 02:36 PM
I don't blame Reid for resting his starters in the last game of the season. He had his reasons and a lot of coaches would have done the same thing.
I don't don't think that the blame for the us missing the playoffs rests on KC/Reid's shoulders. We weren't in the playoffs because we didn't win the games we should have won and we didn't execute the way we should have enough of the time to earn a spot on our own.

With all of that said I was a happy camper seeing KC get their teeth kicked down their throats in the second half of that game and I was laughing my butt off while watching Reid do the walk of shame on his way to the locker room after he and his team were one and done.
Heh, I still get a chuckle out of it.

No, it wasn't their fault that we didn't make the playoffs but man it still felt real good seeing them get creamed. It wasn't quite revenge but it still tasted oh so sweet.

A team-wide "rest" is a Px for disaster. I can see holding out guys who are nicked-up, but using a real game to stay sharp can never be overrated. KC's crumble was sweet to watch as the Fat Man got his come uppance. Now KC can R.I. P.

steelspikes
01-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Anyone actually watching the Chargers/Bengals game? We all know it is inevitable that both of these train wrecks will lose at some point.

Really? Wouldn't be shocked to see that other QB from the class of '04 (Ben, Eli,Rivers) step up to stake his claim as a champion.

Real Deal Steel
01-07-2014, 03:02 PM
We all know what Manning does in the playoffs; so with that said, no one would be surprised if the Chargers beat the Broncos.

SuperSteelers
01-08-2014, 03:28 AM
Really?

Yep. That was the only game I did not watch this past weekend because I believe both teams are irrelevant contenders.

LevonKirkland99
01-08-2014, 10:48 PM
We all know what Manning does in the playoffs; so with that said, no one would be surprised if the Chargers beat the Broncos.

Manning isn't going to loose to the Chargers twice...He is preparing for the game as I' m writing this. Seriously, I don't trust Rivers.

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2014, 12:45 AM
You don't trust Rivers????

You need to go see Mannings playoff record my friend. Manning should be the one you don't trust. There is a reason he has a below 500 playoff record.

coldrolled
01-09-2014, 06:38 AM
You don't trust Rivers????

You need to go see Mannings playoff record my friend. Manning should be the one you don't trust. There is a reason he has a below 500 playoff record.

The NFL already has the posters printed for mannings SB win... This is his year to get number II.. No matter how bad the refs have to look making it happen... Guaranteed. The greatest QB ever only has one SB, he gets 2 this year.

Nolrog
01-09-2014, 09:28 AM
The NFL already has the posters printed for mannings SB win... This is his year to get number II.. No matter how bad the refs have to look making it happen... Guaranteed. The greatest QB ever only has one SB, he gets 2 this year.

I'm not sure he gets past New England. Belichek always seems to have his number. . . .

SuperSteelers
01-10-2014, 12:57 AM

I wouldn't go bet the whole house on that prediction. There are still some great teams left in the playoffs that could win it all this year.