PDA

View Full Version : 'Sound FX': Cameron Heyward

Big T
01-02-2014, 01:12 PM
"Throw him on the ground and treat him bad" lol

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Sound-FX-Cameron-Heyward/9f3af90f-cb4b-420f-8ea8-2afe3de2b9de

K Train
01-02-2014, 02:02 PM
He has quickly become one of my favorite players, I love how he plays.

coldrolled
01-02-2014, 03:16 PM
He may raise some other players attitudes also.. that would be good...

They had Woodley as a role model for 3 years

SteelCityKid5
01-02-2014, 03:31 PM
I love Heyward. I'm happy he's showing what he is capable of. My question though, next year who is on the other side of the end? I'm assuming Hood and Keisel are both gone.

Real Deal Steel
01-02-2014, 03:33 PM
I'm glad one young guy is panning out big time. Now if we could put a stud DT on the line with him, then we'd have something going.

K Train
01-02-2014, 03:37 PM
I love Heyward. I'm happy he's showing what he is capable of. My question though, next year who is on the other side of the end? I'm assuming Hood and Keisel are both gone.

Al Woods would be fine with me if they can get mcclendon the hell out of there

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Al Woods would be fine with me if they can get mcclendon the hell out of there

I was down on mcclendon too... but reviewing tape the last week, is changing my mind.

The loss of Larry foote and Hood continuing to play significant snaps was a far bigger impact... my negative perception of McClendon's play is not supported on further review. Im not saying he played great, but he was better (above average) than my initial perception.

I'd like to bring Woods back as a DE. His play at NT vs Cleveland was pretty bad, as Greco and Mack dominated him.

K Train
01-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Thats what i mean with Woods, i like him at DE much more...his size and quickness is perfect.

Mcclendon just doesnt do it for me, i dont think hes terrible but hes not what they need (he has the skill set to play DE just not the size to stack and shed in that hes too light and too short...not too mention weak)

Him and Hood are both better off in a 43 as an interior pass rusher playing UT

Woods on the other hand is too long for NT, the gets out leveraged constantly

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Thats what i mean with Woods, i like him at DE much more...his size and quickness is perfect.

Mcclendon just doesnt do it for me, i dont think hes terrible but hes not what they need (he has the skill set to play DE just not the size to stack and shed in that hes too light and too short...not too mention weak)[

agreed overall. It just happened to turn out that upon further review, McClendon isn't as bad as I thought. They should play Fangupo more, he would allow Heyward even more space to be disruptive.

Woods on the other hand is too long for NT, the gets out leveraged constantly

agreed

At the end of the day... we have to re-sign our own, but I think our DLine is in better shape than it appears... and we have bigger needs at ILB (Where Vince Williams is not good enough) and FS (Where Shamarko doesn't fit).

Assuming we make those re-signings... Heyward, Woods, McClendon, Fangupo is a decent mix... you can throw Arnfelt in there along with a prayer... and Nick Williams maybe...

Which is why I am growing more interested in CJ and HaHa... over Nix/Tuitt (if we go defense in the 1st)

and of course, CB is a need from a longer term perspective. (Dennard)

K Train
01-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Im quietly still interested in spence, enough that i would spend a second on shazier before i spend a 1st on mosely.

I like clinton dix, just not sure i like him at 15, and i agree with shamarko even though i think he will be better than just an in the box safety, he ultimately is here to replace troy, i hope his coverage improves that they might become comfortable with him play NB more often

Gilbert, IEO or Dennard would be good picks in the first, but again i dont see the major drop off between them in 1 and Purifoy or Roby in 2 (obviously pourofoy for man coverage or roby for zone....would be a toss up if it were up to me)

polamalu43
01-02-2014, 10:13 PM
I agree that if we think Spence can make an impact we need to focus on the Secondary. 3 guys that really impressed me were Cody Wallace.....he just looks the part, Will Allen (I know everyone says he is gone but not me) and Mr Gay...he just holds his own enough for me.

I have to assume the following as I think about the draft...
Clark is gone
Keisel will accept vet min to come in as the backup
Ike stays
Troy stays
W Allen is resigned
C Brown is gone
Worrilds is resigned
Coth is signed
Sanders is gone
Ziggy...just not sure on this one
Dwyer resign

With that said we need to look at these 4 spots in the first 4 rounds......CB, TE, WR, NT

Real Deal Steel
01-02-2014, 11:27 PM
If we went DE in the first, NT in the second then that immediate upgrade would protect that secondary and if you factor in JJ being better in year 2 of his career, he and Heyward would really be free to wreck havoc. Just a thought in trying to look for the most immediate impact right away.

Still need to make an addition to that secondary if possible.