PDA

View Full Version : Marty Ball to Pittsburgh

kgreen
02-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Now that Marty Schottenhiemer has been fired from the Chargers (Which is BS in my mind), what would you guys think if he came and joined the Steelers as like a GM type of person along side Kevin Colbert or (since I am not confident in Ariens) be our offensive coordinator? I think it would nice since Marty deserves a Super Bowl (Cam Cameron, Elway and a fumble screwed him over). I don't know I think we are pretty sound in terms of staffing but some help from a veteran like Marty would never hurt.:tt02:

SteelerFan87
02-13-2007, 07:39 PM
I'd support giving him a position so he can get a ring. I just don't know if he'd accept anything other than a head coaching job.

Stairwayto7
02-13-2007, 07:40 PM
No No NO, lets stay away from him and his monkey that he is carrying around

SteelersfaninPhilly
02-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Marty is taking the year off. He is already in North Carolina. Shining the golf clubs with good friend Bill Cowher.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Marty is taking the year off. He is already in North Carolina. Shining the golf clubs with good friend Bill Cowher.

and looking at Bill's Super Bowl ring. Since thats the closest Marty will ever get to a Super Bowl ring.:bluelol:

BlackGold4vr
02-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Now that Marty Schottenhiemer has been fired from the Chargers (Which is BS in my mind), what would you guys think if he came and joined the Steelers as like a GM type of person along side Kevin Colbert or (since I am not confident in Ariens) be our offensive coordinator? I think it would nice since Marty deserves a Super Bowl (Cam Cameron, Elway and a fumble screwed him over). I don't know I think we are pretty sound in terms of staffing but some help from a veteran like Marty would never hurt.:tt02:

Why on earth would we want a 20 year proven choker? Some people were just not meant to be champions......Marty is one of those! Keep him and his choking curse as far away from Pittsburgh as possible! :nono:

tony hipchest
02-13-2007, 09:01 PM
I'd support giving him a position so he can get a ring. I just don't know if he'd accept anything other than a head coaching job.
id suport giving ME a position so I could get a ring. forget about marty.

Friday133
02-13-2007, 09:12 PM
This has got to be a joke right?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2007, 10:15 PM
As much as I respect Marty for his longevity and all his accomplishments in the league. We are fine the way we are, this team has changed enough in the last month to last us a good long time, let's stick with what we got and see what develops.

rainman
02-13-2007, 10:44 PM
I agree 100% with you TG

SteelerNation
02-14-2007, 04:30 PM
I agree with Top Gun on this one as much as i like what he has done with the chargers he is not ment to be in pittsburgh and if it is true that hes in NC with cower. your pretty much right thats as close as he will get to a SB ring is by seeing Cowers.