PDA

View Full Version : PFF - Keenan Lewis - Pro Bowl back up

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2013, 10:42 AM
We really dropped the ball on that one...

5 years / 25.55
These are Lewis cap hits
2013 2,250,000
2014 4,550,000
2015 5,850,000
2016 6,200,000
2017 6,700,000

That's the type of contract you build a contender with...

K-Train... Keenan Lewis... you were wrong (lol)

For those who don't know. Keenan Lewis just finished as ELITE season. He plays man/press, against the opponents #1, every week... on an island.

He's basically playing the Ryan-Revis/Asomugha role.

The Saints went from 31st against the pass... to 2nd

Lewis doesn't deserve all the credit, but he deserves a HUGE chunk of it.

LatrobePA
12-31-2013, 11:04 AM
As we all know, can't sign everyone! Good for him, he was always a good guy!

ChucktownSteeler
12-31-2013, 01:07 PM
I think he wad "going home" one way or another. Still hated to see him go.

Nolrog
12-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Doesn't his performance contribute to the compensation pick we get? I'm always happy to see former Steelers do well.

Big T
12-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Doesn't his performance contribute to the compensation pick we get? I'm always happy to see former Steelers do well.

It should. I can't find a link but I believe the round the compensatory pick is depends on the contract the player signed and how many starts they make if I'm not mistaken. There's probably something with performance as well. I would think we'd get 3-4s for him and Wallace. Probably a 6 for Mendenhall since he started 15 games this year for the cards.

steelchamp204
12-31-2013, 07:22 PM
It should. I can't find a link but I believe the round the compensatory pick is depends on the contract the player signed and how many starts they make if I'm not mistaken. There's probably something with performance as well. I would think we'd get 3-4s for him and Wallace. Probably a 6 for Mendenhall since he started 15 games this year for the cards.

When do we find out? I mean, what extra picks we might get this season for Lewis/Wallace?

TarlsQtr
12-31-2013, 07:42 PM
When do we find out? I mean, what extra picks we might get this season for Lewis/Wallace?

They are issued in March. We probably get a 3 or 4 for Wallace and a 5 for Lewis.

JackLambert
01-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Yeah, it was much better to keep Ike... :FingStoopid:

NorCalSteel
01-01-2014, 09:53 PM
I hated to see him go. It took him awhile to get up to speed we develop him and now he is gone? I was looking forward to Allen Lewis as starting CB's :(

LastRide
01-01-2014, 10:32 PM
I ranted about this in another forum Steelers letting him go. Ike has little left in the tank, and Allen took a step backwards this year and is injury prone. Clark is pretty much done. I was very happy with our pass coverage last year Lewis was around. They screw it all up and let him walk.

That year the Steelers played a lot of press coverage and Lewis knocked a lot of balls down. I think he led the league in passes defensed. Now we are back to massive 10 yard cushions.

K Train
01-02-2014, 08:41 AM
We really dropped the ball on that one...

5 years / 25.55
These are Lewis cap hits
2013 2,250,000
2014 4,550,000
2015 5,850,000
2016 6,200,000
2017 6,700,000

That's the type of contract you build a contender with...

K-Train... Keenan Lewis... you were wrong (lol)

For those who don't know. Keenan Lewis just finished as ELITE season. He plays man/press, against the opponents #1, every week... on an island.

He's basically playing the Ryan-Revis/Asomugha role.

The Saints went from 31st against the pass... to 2nd

Lewis doesn't deserve all the credit, but he deserves a HUGE chunk of it.

lol keenan lewis is not elite, just stop that.

He had a good year, but rob ryan has a lot to do with the saints going from historically bad to good on defense as well.

Lets steal jenkins from them and call it a wash

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2014, 08:58 AM
lol keenan lewis is not elite, just stop that.

He had a good year, but rob ryan has a lot to do with the saints going from historically bad to good on defense as well.

Lets steal jenkins from them and call it a wash

Lewis had an elite season. That's not debatable in any way. He was a man-island corner, in #2 passing defense, facing the opponents #1 on every snap.

Nnamdi was an elite shutdown corner in that defense, and Lewis is doing the same.

You have no argument

K Train
01-02-2014, 09:19 AM
You throw around elite too much

LatrobePA
01-02-2014, 09:21 AM
I'm an elite shitter.... 2013 was a great year for me, I helped raise stock for Charmin! I'm elite!!

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2014, 09:43 AM
You throw around elite too much

i don't give it as a permanent label. i give it as a description of a particular performance. In this case, this singular season (more specifically, the 2nd half where he was arguably the best corner in the NFL)

Watch him completely lock down Dez Bryant, in arguably, the best CB performance of the season. (Seriously, take the time to watch the game tape of this game... and whether you want to call it a fluke or not is your choice... but you won't be able to deny the absolute perfect game Keenan put on tape, against one of the leagues most dominant WRs.)

JensK
01-02-2014, 03:27 PM
I think Allen, given some passrush and a healthy season can performe likewise. He has all the tools at least.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2014, 03:41 PM
I think Allen, given some passrush and a healthy season can performe likewise. He has all the tools at least.

Hard to imagine any corner performing likewise in our defense... we simply don't out corners in man to man/island situations often enough to make any sort of comparison to what Lewis did this year.

Lewis would never have been as valuable in our defense, as he is in the Ryan defense.

K Train
01-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Serious question, does lewis in the pro bowl make his comp pick better?

SuperSteelers
01-02-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm an elite shitter.... 2013 was a great year for me, I helped raise stock for Charmin! I'm elite!!

Actually P&G underperformed the market in 2013. You would have been better off in KMB's Cottonelle since it was more in-line overall. That would have been elite on your portfolio.

LatrobePA
01-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Actually P&G underperformed the market in 2013. You would have been better off in KMB's Cottonelle since it was more in-line overall. That would have been elite on your portfolio.

Lmao!!

muncher
01-02-2014, 05:35 PM
how did we drop the ball?
he didnt want to be here.

DBR96A
01-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Keenan Lewis is from New Orleans, and he wanted to go home.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-03-2014, 01:50 AM
I think he wad "going home" one way or another. Still hated to see him go.

AGREED

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Keenan was shutting down desean, then he got injured and the eagles came back

Stud

coldrolled
01-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Serious question, does lewis in the pro bowl make his comp pick better?

Not sure on the comp picks but Mendenhall was a #1 draft pick and he started many games too, why wouldnt he be a 4-5

maybe someone knows the answer around here.

coldrolled
01-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Keenan Lewis is from New Orleans, and he wanted to go home.

and he didnt want to play 12 yards off the LOS and look like a moron....

JackLambert
01-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Looked really good last night. But, hey, we have Ike, who's terrible, so we have that going for us, which is nice.

ChucktownSteeler
01-05-2014, 09:24 AM
I am hoping we select Dennard at #15, if he is available.

Thoughts???

JackLambert
01-05-2014, 09:43 AM
I like Dennard. I don't see much difference in the top 3 or 4 CBs coming out. I'm sure others do. At #15 I'd simply take the BPA at CB or NT. Whichever position we don't get, a DE, and a S would come from rounds 2-4. So, I'm going Defense in the first four rounds; two DLs and two DBs. I'd add TE, WR, and RB depth in rounds 5-7. OL and LB depth would come from UDFAs/FAs.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2014, 09:59 AM

Thoughts???

I think he's the best corner in the draft.

steelchamp204
01-05-2014, 10:45 AM

Thoughts???

CB in the first? No, I was on that train a week ago. We need to go DL in the first. CB is kind of deep this season.

I'm looking at Colvin/Fuller. They both fit the system of playing 10 yards off.

It wouldnt matter if he got Dennard. DL will still have him play 8-10 yards off as well. Now if we played more man, then yes. CB in the first.

TarlsQtr
01-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I saw an article in SI that had Dennard no higher than a late 1 and possibly as low as a 4 (4th round seemed stupid though).

K Train
01-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Everyone is so dramatic. Lebeau knows what he's doing if he got a corner like revis that was a press man CB he wouldn't be playing zone. They wanted to draft revis in 07 do you really think he would have faded to obscurity here? I also like how 7-8 yards off is always 10-12

Lewis played a pretty good game. Jackson had some opportunities though, foles just kept missing or not seeing. Again, he's a good player. Chris collinsworth said he's the most under appreciated FA in nfl history. Let's pump the brakes on thar

K Train
01-05-2014, 12:06 PM
I saw an article in SI that had Dennard no higher than a late 1 and possibly as low as a 4 (4th round seemed stupid though).

I like Gilbert and IEO

steelchamp204
01-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Everyone is so dramatic. Lebeau knows what he's doing if he got a corner like revis that was a press man CB he wouldn't be playing zone. They wanted to draft revis in 07 do you really think he would have faded to obscurity here? I also like how 7-8 yards off is always 10-12

Lewis played a pretty good game. Jackson had some opportunities though, foles just kept missing or not seeing. Again, he's a good player. Chris collinsworth said he's the most under appreciated FA in nfl history. Let's pump the brakes on thar

We have had Ike in his prime and Lewis last season which seemed to be prime, and still 7-10 yard cushions.

It could be 3rd and 4......7 yard cushions.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Everyone is so dramatic. Lebeau knows what he's doing if he got a corner like revis that was a press man CB he wouldn't be playing zone. They wanted to draft revis in 07 do you really think he would have faded to obscurity here?

we have 1 good example... Lewis... and that example does not support your assumption

you're talking about 1 play, or talking out of your rear... which is it?

ChucktownSteeler
01-05-2014, 02:35 PM

Not sure what planet that writer was on that wrote Dennard going to the 4th round. We may Be lucky if he is there at #15.

K Train
01-05-2014, 02:36 PM
we have 1 good example... Lewis... and that example does not support your assumption

you're talking about 1 play, or talking out of your rear... which is it?
Let's not pretend Lewis didn't play ****** and out of control a lot of the time while he was here, especially early in his career. He wasn't just a stud the second he stepped on to the field.

Ike and Lewis did play some man here too. That cushion just kills everyone around here for some reason, I think lebeau a base scheme is a bit out dated but that cushion isn't the reason, it's a disguise and it has worked over the years.

ChucktownSteeler
01-05-2014, 02:37 PM

They really wanted Revis but the cat got out of the bag and the Jets drafted him one slot ahead of us (can't remember if they moved up). It may have worked out to our benefit, as we drafted Timmons that year.

coldrolled
01-05-2014, 03:09 PM
I also like how 7-8 yards off is always 10-12

There are a lot of times its 10-12 yards on one side or the other at times.