PDA

View Full Version : Now, which loss hurts the most

Rhys Lightning 63
12-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Now we know that ONE MORE WIN at some point in the season would have put us in the playoffs. Which game do you want back?

Tennessee, Cinci, Chicago, Minnesota, Oakland, Pats, Ravens or Dolphins

For me it's the Minnesota one (mainly because I was there at Wembley), but when you consider we were SO close to doing it and what the Vikings went on to achieve the rest of the year makes it worse

steelersbabex25
12-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Dolphins easy. Then Ravens. Then probably Chicago

Black@Gold Forever32
12-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Really take your pick of the Vikings, Ravens, Dolphins, Raiders game.............All games the Steelers could have won.......

The Titans game they never got anything going on offense until the game was basically over, the Bengals game was another game were the offense was just crap, Ben playing like a rookie against the Bears doomed us, Pats dominated the 4th quarter and made our defense look like a Pop Warner team.........

LevonKirkland99
12-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Raiders and Miami.....this team stinks and glad we didn't make the playoffs. Is Tomlin to blame?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Raiders and Miami.....this team stinks and glad we didn't make the playoffs. Is Tomlin to blame?

Really the entire AFC conference stinks........I think the Broncos are the only legit team....lol Even the Pats have a ton of question marks....

teeceemadison
12-29-2013, 09:15 PM
raider game, two missed FG's cost us the game....and thus, a playoff spot

NeilPatrickBanana
12-29-2013, 09:25 PM
the miami game easily... we deserved to lose the others

HUNT4SEVEN
12-29-2013, 09:42 PM
All of the losses hurt the most because all but one could have been prevented....

steelersbabex25
12-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Really the entire AFC conference stinks........I think the Broncos are the only legit team....lol Even the Pats have a ton of question marks....

Was saying that to my Dad today when they showed the playoff picture. Broncos being the best team with 12 wins, the other 3 division winners with only 11? Kind of week when compared to recent years

SnakeEyes43
12-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Dolphins, Raiders, and Vikings for me. The Ravens loss sucked, but we beat them once so that takes some of the sting away.

Real Deal Steel
12-29-2013, 10:52 PM
The Dolphins game. Why?

Because they goated us into thinking they had turned the corner and righted the ship. But in fact, the defense went total brain dead and made Ryan Tannehill look like Aaron Rodgers. After all the other stupid losses to the Raiders, Vikings and Titans, the Dolphins game was the game we KNEW we had them because it was at home and in our element. THAT game hurts the most right now.

Go find an ex-Steeler player and ask him about losing a game, at home, in the snow and giving up millions of points? Just go ask one and see what they say. :evilshake:

Forged in Steel
12-29-2013, 11:54 PM
All of the teams the Steelers lost to were inexcusable, but if I had to pick just one to go with it would have to be the Raiders. I said at the end of last season (not on this forum) that the Steelers absolutely had to beat the Raiders. It's a free win against a garbage team.

Whenever the Steelers have lost to the Raiders in the last 11 seasons (and in every Tomlin season) they miss the playoffs.

Games in Oakland between the Steelers and Raiders always come down to one single massive play: 2006 = Roethlisberger 100 yard pick 6, 2012 = Keisel encroachment on 4th down, 2013 = Pryor 93 yard touchdown run on the very first offensive play of the game.

LatrobePA
12-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Raiders then Vikes games.. Two terrible losses!!

steelchamp204
12-30-2013, 01:16 AM
The Vikings and Raiders. Big time for me.

1. Cassel

2. Pryor

Enough Said.

ChucktownSteeler
12-30-2013, 08:32 AM
They all sting, but the Vikings, Raiders, and Dolphins the most.

jdehoff83
12-30-2013, 10:32 AM
I must say i always wnat the steelers to beat theravens and since i was at the bmore game on thanksgiving i really really did but all the crap teams they lost to i still feel the dolphins game was huge.. the steelers have been better as of late but to get punked out at home when you absolutely know youre still contending for a wildcard spot...fail

steelspikes
12-30-2013, 12:13 PM
The Dolphins game. Why?

Because they goated us into thinking they had turned the corner and righted the ship. But in fact, the defense went total brain dead and made Ryan Tannehill look like Aaron Rodgers. After all the other stupid losses to the Raiders, Vikings and Titans, the Dolphins game was the game we KNEW we had them because it was at home and in our element. THAT game hurts the most right now.
Go find an ex-Steeler player and ask him about losing a game, at home, in the snow and giving up millions of points? Just go ask one and see what they say. :evilshake:

This, except the word is "goaded," not "goated." LOL

Real Deal Steel
12-30-2013, 12:18 PM
This, except the word is "goaded," not "goated." LOL

No...I feel like a goat that I started to buy into them turning the corner.

Big T
12-30-2013, 01:20 PM
No...I feel like a goat that I started to buy into them turning the corner.

2-6 through the first half of the season
6-2 over the second half of the season

That's turning the corner.

Real Deal Steel
12-30-2013, 01:46 PM
8-8 is "treading water" not turning a corner.

JensK
12-30-2013, 01:48 PM
8-8 is "treading water" not turning a corner.

Thats not really true though. It woulda been if we just won every other game, but we actually played very well in the latter part of the season.

I'm a tad scared about the fact that we'll lose so many players this offseason though. It just seems as though we've been "rebuilding" the last 3 years, without really moving anywhere, because we keep dropping starters because of our ****** cap situation.

Real Deal Steel
12-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Yes it is true. Because your "if'ing. If's are not reality. If my aunt had a package, then she'd be my uncle....IF!

LOL

JensK
12-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Yes it is true. Because your "if'ing. If's are not reality. If my aunt had a package, then she'd be my uncle....IF!

LOL

The only 'if' I used was used to undermine your argument though :lol: . What I mean is, saying 8-8 is "treading waters" (period), is just too black and white. Contextually, 8-8 can tell two very different stories, which you sort of neglect. Had we pulled a Broncos and win our first 8 games only to throw away the next 8, then "treading water" would be an understatement. Had we lost 8 in a row and then won the last 8, we would have turned the corner big time. We're somewhere inbetween.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Thats not really true though. It woulda been if we just won every other game, but we actually played very well in the latter part of the season.

I'm a tad scared about the fact that we'll lose so many players this offseason though. It just seems as though we've been "rebuilding" the last 3 years, without really moving anywhere, because we keep dropping starters because of our ****** cap situation.

That was definitely the story the last 2 offseasons IMO. Starters out, without any real talent ready to step up. But with players going out the door now, we finally have some young talent entering their prime (Heyward and Cortez on D, even Worrilds... and Decastro, Brown, Bell on offense).

We have one more purge to go through... next year, I don't expect such a poor start, but the final result may be similar. But the ship is headed in the right direction, and that's what matters.

1. Get the cap cleaned up
2. Continue to build and develop the "new core"
3. Plan to make a few runs in Ben's final 5-6 years.

Now's the time to be locking up players in cap friendly 2nd contracts, like we did with Brown (Heyward, Cortez, and Worrilds should be relatively easy contracts as none have "broken out").

And use the draft/FA to plan for the upcoming at some point, departures of Ike, Troy, Heath, etc

K Train
12-30-2013, 03:05 PM
The Vikings and Raiders. Big time for me.

1. Cassel

2. Pryor

Enough Said.

they kicked the **** out of pryor in the second half....pryor didnt win that game, suisham and brown lost it.

Cassel in london was a travesty though

Big T
12-30-2013, 03:11 PM
they kicked the **** out of pryor in the second half....pryor didnt win that game, suisham and brown lost it.

Cassel in london was a travesty though

They kicked the **** out if him period lol. Dude had 88 yards passing, 0 TDs and 2 INTs. But since he had a long TD run on the first play from scrimmage we "made him look like Aaron Rodgers"...

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2013, 03:45 PM
The Steelers next season simply have to stop losing to bad teams early on in the season or for that matter at all. That is what has kept them out of the playoffs the last two seasons losing games to teams like Tennessee and Oakland the last 2 years. It was nice to see them come back from 0-4 and 2-6 to finish 8-8 but still at the end of the day it's not good enough and that is now 3 years in a row for Mike Tomlin without any playoff wins at all. Things need to improve next season and this team has to at least make the playoffs or Tomlin should definitely start being on the hot seat. You cant miss the playoffs 3 years in a row and not win a playoff game in 4 years in this town. With a fairly weak schedule next season Tomlin had better find a way to win more games next year at the very least and get this team in the playoffs. If not then yes his job should start to be on the line...It's been long enough now where you can start to question his job security in my opinion...

Real Deal Steel
12-31-2013, 10:06 AM
The only 'if' I used was used to undermine your argument though :lol: . What I mean is, saying 8-8 is "treading waters" (period), is just too black and white. Contextually, 8-8 can tell two very different stories, which you sort of neglect. Had we pulled a Broncos and win our first 8 games only to throw away the next 8, then "treading water" would be an understatement. Had we lost 8 in a row and then won the last 8, we would have turned the corner big time. We're somewhere inbetween.

There is only one season. Not two. 8-8 is 8-8. Period. You can't make it what you want it to be. It's 8-8.

The Cowboys have been 8-8 three seasons in a row. And it's totally unacceptable to them and their fans. Please stop trying to tell me and everyone that they should feel good about 8-8 because only loser organzations who are not use to winning anything feel 8-8 is a good thing. It's strictly treading water at 8-8.

In normal years, 8-8 isn't anywhere near playoff consideration. But the was a lot of middle of the pack stuff happening in the AFC this year that made that record viable.

Go look at an 8-8 record in the NFC who is having a normal year and see where that gets us. Hell, the Cardinals can't even get in with a 10-6 record over there.

Real Deal Steel
12-31-2013, 10:08 AM
Had we pulled .

"had we pulled" is the same as IF. LOL. Your "if" ing all over the place and your substituting "had we pulled" for it. 8-8 brings "If"ing.

There is no if's for teams who get it done on the field.

JensK
12-31-2013, 10:34 AM
First off, I'm sure one post would suffice.

Secondly, obviously I'm using "ifs" when setting up examples. Its hard to be definitive when doing that. In any case, all you are doing is discussing semantics, which is fine, albeit somewhat unproductive. You won't be able to convince me that 8-8 is the same no matter how you end there. Its simply too black-and-white to put it that way. Following that logic, Titans was a pretty ****ing amazing team a couple of years back, because they ended something like 11-5 or something like that, although they lost the last 5 games in the season and got knocked the **** out of the playoffs with a pisspoor performance.

NYCsteelersfan
12-31-2013, 10:45 AM
First off, I'm sure one post would suffice.

Secondly, obviously I'm using "ifs" when setting up examples. Its hard to be definitive when doing that. In any case, all you are doing is discussing semantics, which is fine, albeit somewhat unproductive. You won't be able to convince me that 8-8 is the same no matter how you end there. Its simply too black-and-white to put it that way. Following that logic, Titans was a pretty ****ing amazing team a couple of years back, because they ended something like 11-5 or something like that, although they lost the last 5 games in the season and got knocked the **** out of the playoffs with a pisspoor performance.

11-5 isn't amazing. 11-5 just gets a team jnto the playoffs in most seasons.

8-8 is usually enough to send a team packing after the regular season ends.

Every team's record broken into pieces tell different stories. Giants went 4-1 at one point this season. So what? The season is meant to be taken as a whole at the end. As a whole, the Steelers sucked this season. The end.

JensK
12-31-2013, 10:49 AM
And why is that? Because you say so? Again, to me that is just too simplistic. If you want to be negative about the season, be my guest. I do not agree though. And I've been plenty negative about this team! Just not ready to say we sucked all season long, because its simply not true.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2013, 10:57 AM
And why is that? Because you say so? Again, to me that is just too simplistic. If you want to be negative about the season, be my guest. I do not agree though. And I've been plenty negative about this team! Just not ready to say we sucked all season long, because its simply not true.

Don't bother. These guys need it to be negative. It feeds the narrative they've been peddling all year.

Nolrog
12-31-2013, 03:04 PM
All of the losses hurt the most because all but one could have been prevented....

Agree.