PDA

View Full Version : .500. Again.

Tango-9
12-29-2013, 04:17 PM
I guess as far as kissing your sister goes, it doesn't matter much if she looks like Heidi Klum or Rosie O'Donnel. 8-8 no playoffs in back to back seasons is what it is.

shoot, I wish I had a job where I could fail half the time and still get paid.

See ya'll next year.

(edit: so you guys have to be kidding me that we could still make the playoffs?... well crap on a cracker. Where's my Terrible Towel!?)

/facepaint

teeceemadison
12-29-2013, 04:23 PM
not done yet.....

TarlsQtr
12-29-2013, 04:26 PM
I guess as far as kissing your sister goes, it doesn't matter much if she looks like Heidi Klum or Rosie O'Donnel. 8-8 no playoffs in back to back seasons is what it is.

shoot, I wish I had a job where I could fail half the time and still get paid.

See ya'll next year.

That is dumb. If you were competing directly against another person and won half the time, you WOULD get paid. Football is not stacking boxes in a warehouse or tapping at a computer.

This team is deeply flawed but has shown tremendous heart (if Cowher was the coach, this would be the mantra). That is true if they get eliminated by SD, make the playoffs and get demolished in the first round, or make a nice run.

Tango-9
12-29-2013, 04:42 PM
That is dumb. If you were competing directly against another person and won half the time, you WOULD get paid. Football is not stacking boxes in a warehouse or tapping at a computer.

This team is deeply flawed but has shown tremendous heart (if Cowher was the coach, this would be the mantra). That is true if they get eliminated by SD, make the playoffs and get demolished in the first round, or make a nice run.

Lighten up, Francis. And read my edit.

TarlsQtr
12-29-2013, 04:49 PM
LOL So, I was supposed to respond to an edit that did not exist yet? C'mon man! ;-)

NeilPatrickBanana
12-29-2013, 05:18 PM

Here here to those who never abandon ship

drbombay4
12-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Here here to those who never abandon ship

Knile Davis may save our postseason hopes...KC just went up 21-14 before half...do you believe in miracles? Lets go Steelers!

Real Deal Steel
12-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Long way to go my friend. Long way to go. I find it beneath all Steeler fans to root for another team because our team didn't take care of buisness when it needed to.

JensK
12-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Having a hard time saying anything nice about this season... I guess we rallied nicely and turned the season around, however in the big Picture all that'll do is likely save Haleys job. Thats about it. We'll get a boring draft position, and we won't get any playoff action in return. Sad days. Hey, at least we'll be in a good position cap-wise next year. Oh bother.

ChucktownSteeler
12-29-2013, 07:50 PM
We found some players OL that we may have overlooked. We have a budding star at RB. Brown is the real deal. Cortez Allen finished strong. Heyward grew up before our eyes. Maybe Worilds stays.

Not all is lost.

Big T
12-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Long way to go my friend. Long way to go. I find it beneath all Steeler fans to root for another team because our team didn't take care of buisness when it needed to.

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.

Real Deal Steel
12-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Well, your intitled to your opinion.

But we didn't deserve to make the playoffs. And the Chiefs kicker missing that kick proved that to be true. Watching the Steeler faithful sitting, hoping, wishing, praying for another team to help us is demeaning to me.

Either we earn it on our own or we don't go. Go look back at the Raider loss, the Viking loss as to why we don't deserve to be in the post season. Hell, even the Dolphins loss was as embarrassing because of them coming IN OUR HOUSE and hanging all those points on us IN BAD WEATHER! That was the last nail in the coffin for us.

Making Ryan Tannehill look like Arron Rodgers. IN OUR HOUSE!

Real Deal Steel
12-29-2013, 08:15 PM
For me, there is no "feel good" about this season. We wen't 0-4; we were done then. The statistics are true about teams that start out 0-4. So pardon me if I'm not in an uproar that we are not in the playoffs.

There is no "glass half full" happy syndrome for me. We have a team that anytime ONE O-LINEMEN went down, the rest of the team basically quit. And that happened on several occasions. While I watch O-linemen across the league go down and those teams rally.

There are still serious "heart" issues on this team because of that. Sorry but I'm still just as angry about this team as I was at 0-4. No 0-4 teams make the playoffs. We went 0-4 and didn't make the playoffs. What a shock.

You can make an arguement that the offense wasn't the problem. I get that. But this defense allowed more points then any Steeler defense in a number of years. Yet, Labum sits there and still has his job; Colbert refuses to use a serious draft pick for a legit cornerback, and our D-line is just a line of guys with no one dominant on it. Yep..I'm dissatisfied. Don't like being out of the playoffs and 8-8 records are not "feel good" things to me. :evilshake:

Ward186
12-29-2013, 08:32 PM
The defense was not Steeler quality but the fact they spend the entire game on the field the first half of the year was the biggest reason. We have no pass rush. I hope they keep Le Beau and as much of the secondary as possible. Drafting a pass rusher and a couple of db's to learn from the veterans would be perfect.

TarlsQtr
12-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Lol any team that is not undefeated requires "help" from other teams. There is no difference getting it in week 7 or 17.

teeceemadison
12-29-2013, 10:19 PM
After an 0-4 start they were 8-4 in their final 12, and 6-2 in their final 8.....

Dean Denton
12-29-2013, 10:30 PM
I thought they fought back hard this year. 0-4 is a season killer and they hung in there and gave it a really shot. Stared out with a lot of injuries and rallied. Looking forward to next year. KC missing that kick at the end really was the story of our season. How many little plays can we look back on this year had we made we would've made it? Not meant to be....