NeilPatrickBanana
12-27-2013, 10:13 PM
No other Steelers at this time

Big T
12-27-2013, 10:15 PM
Beat me to it haha

NeilPatrickBanana
12-27-2013, 10:20 PM
I expect Ben will be an alternate since at least 1, an probably 2 of the elected QBs will be in the Super Bowl

Big T
12-27-2013, 10:46 PM
I expect Ben will be an alternate since at least 1, an probably 2 of the elected QBs will be in the Super Bowl

Agreed

DBR96A
12-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Nick Foles is the first alternate at QB.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Nick Foles is the first alternate at QB.

where did you find a list of the alternates?

Dean Denton
12-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Nick is NFC.. Ben won't be able to play anyways, he's got a game the following week. Duh

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Nick is NFC.. Ben won't be able to play anyways, he's got a game the following week. Duh

Dean, they did away with conferences this year for the Pro Bowl......

NeilPatrickBanana
12-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Dean, they did away with conferences this year for the Pro Bowl......

Yea most notably at RB (5 of 6 from NFC)

teeceemadison
12-28-2013, 03:23 PM
ha, "old, slow, out of position all the time" Troy pro bowler, VOTED BY HIS PEERS as opposed to morons on the steeler addict board....

hmmmmm....how could this possibly be??? he is 'washed up' from what some so-called 'experts' on this board say...

as usual, we troy fans, CONTINUE TO BE RIGHT, about the best steeler safety ever...

suck on it, haters....

Black@Gold Forever32
12-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Carnell Lake is in the Pro Bowl this year?

LevonKirkland99
12-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Carnell Lake is in the Pro Bowl this year?

He is? :)

LatrobePA
12-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Congrats men.

FlatsSteeler
12-29-2013, 10:26 AM
I am shocked Pouncey isn't in it like every other undeserving year he made it.....LoL.....

Before everybody gets all (unty........I am just bustin.......

Black@Gold Forever32
12-29-2013, 10:59 AM
I am shocked Pouncey isn't in it like every other undeserving year he made it.....LoL.....

Before everybody gets all (unty........I am just bustin.......

lol.....That was funny.......Players make it on just rep all the time........Would name a certain player but it would cause an uproar on this site...lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-29-2013, 11:00 AM
He is? :)

Somebody posted the best safety in Steelers history made the Pro Bowl so I was just shocked Carnell Lake made the Pro Bowl team this year.......lol

FlatsSteeler
12-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Pouncey did make the Pro Bowl.......only thing is it was his overrated thug a$$ brother.........

Black@Gold Forever32
12-29-2013, 11:30 AM
Pouncey did make the Pro Bowl.......only thing is it was his overrated thug a$$ brother.........

Yea but Mike's play actually is deserving of the Pro Bowl were Maurkice made it on rep in the past......I agree the Pouncey's seem to be D-Bags..........

FlatsSteeler
12-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Yep mike was/is a much better center than his brother....I had the misfortune of having to watch both of them in college at UF.....I said when they drafted our Pouncey his brother would be better our Pouincey is a natural LG but he played center over his brother.....Mike Pouncey has a stronger Lower body than Maurkice both lack the ability to call out the Offensive Line Play at the LOS a major function of a NFL center......It's no mystery that both Valasko and Wallace have done so well with the same line or even a less talented line due to injuries.......Lower Body strength combined with OLQB'ing.....even if you watch Pounceys snaps were all over the place causing BR7 to have to look for the ball( I have watched and complained about this for a few seasons now) losing precious seconds looking down field, thus holding the ball a moment longer thus sack. Watch on the majority of BR7 sacks it usually starts with a either high or low snap......Legs was just as bad as Pouncey last year.........When they drafted pouncey I wanted to keep Hatrwig one more season and use Pouncey as the LG.....then Draft a Center out of a pro style system..... Oh well.....

Black@Gold Forever32
12-29-2013, 12:31 PM
I agree with you about Maurkice lacking the ability to call out the out the Offensive Line Play at the LOS........I think Maurkice is a mental midget......

Real Deal Steel
12-29-2013, 01:36 PM
some guys who are in the pro bowl are there because of popularity only. Not because their the best at their positions at the time. You know who I'm talking about so take it for what it's worth.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-29-2013, 01:38 PM
I agree with you about Maurkice lacking the ability to call out the out the Offensive Line Play at the LOS........I think Maurkice is a mental midget......

I agree regarding Maurice's weakness as a line general. It's not discussed enough

Real Deal Steel
12-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Today, 09:38 AM
NeilPatrickBanana
Veteran
This message is hidden because NeilPatrickBanana is on your ignore list.
View Post

As usual, neil is the "single, white, female" of the poster room. Constantly stalking me after ever post. Neil, I"m sorry but I"m not gay.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-29-2013, 01:57 PM
^ clown

Big T
12-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Today, 09:38 AM
NeilPatrickBanana
Veteran
This message is hidden because NeilPatrickBanana is on your ignore list.
View Post

As usual, neil is the "single, white, female" of the poster room. Constantly stalking me after ever post. Neil, I"m sorry but I"m not gay.

If you're not going to ignore him then take him of ignore. You're completely missing the point of the ignore feature. Neil didn't even respond to you. He addressed a point B&G made.

K Train
12-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Timmons got snubbed, other than that brown and troy were the only steelers that should have been voted in.

Heyward will make a case next season

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Timmons got snubbed, other than that brown and troy were the only steelers that should have been voted in.

Heyward will make a case next season

Ben?

K Train
12-30-2013, 10:06 PM
ben was great, stayed healthy for the first time in a long time, i think hes gonna come out firing next season.....but he didnt have the numbers for a pro bowl QB this year, especially with rivers playing so well

steelchamp204
12-31-2013, 12:23 AM
Timmons snubbed again. No surprise.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2013, 02:09 PM
ben was great, stayed healthy for the first time in a long time, i think hes gonna come out firing next season.....but he didnt have the numbers for a pro bowl QB this year, especially with rivers playing so well

Yea Rivers had an awesome years but Ben numbers compare and I always find it more impressive when QB's put up numbers in cold weather/****** weather conditions.....Rivers played his home games in nice sunny San Diego....

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2013, 02:12 PM
Yea Rivers had an awesome years but Ben numbers compare and I always find it more impressive when QB's put up numbers in cold weather/****** weather conditions.....Rivers played his home games in nice sunny San Diego....

Rivers 32/13 = 2.5 TD to Turnover Rate
Ben 29/20 = 1.5 TD to Turnover Rate

That's a a pretty big difference

Ben actually benefits from cold weather... throughout his career he is much better in cold weather/bad weather.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Rivers 32/13 = 2.5 TD to Turnover Rate
Ben 29/20 = 1.5 TD to Turnover Rate

That's a a pretty big difference

Every stat compares but fumbles.....Rivers fumbled only twice and lost one and Ben fumbled 9 times this year and lost 6........That is the big difference in their stats and completion percentage if were going to be technical........

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2013, 02:54 PM
Every stat compares but fumbles.....Rivers fumbled only twice and lost one and Ben fumbled 9 times this year and lost 6........That is the big difference in their stats and completion percentage if were going to be technical........

It's a really big difference...

Rivers had 3 multi turnover games
Ben had 6 multi turnover games

Rivers had 9 multi TD games
Ben had 7 Multi TD games

Rivers had 11 games with MORE TDs, than TOs
Ben had 7 games with MORE TDs, than TOs

Rivers had 2 games with MORE TOs, than TDs
Ben had 5 games with MORE TOs, than TDs

You like silly Passer Rating stats?
River was over 100, 8 out of 16 games
Ben was over 100, 5 out of 16 games

Rivers was over 90, 12 out of 16 games
Ben was over 90, 8 out of 16 games

Rivers was Below 80, 0 out of 16 games
Ben was Below 80, 5 out of 16 games

Rivers had a significantly better season. On a team with many of the same flaws the Steelers had... (average defense, young/poor oline, young offensive skill players)

The bulk stats don't even remotely tell an accurate story.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2013, 04:09 PM
You care way to much about it....lol Rivers was better....Really I don't care about the Pro Bowl anyway....I can't remember the last time I even watched it.......

TarlsQtr
12-31-2013, 04:19 PM
You care way to much about it....lol Rivers was better....Really I don't care about the Pro Bowl anyway....I can't remember the last time I even watched it.......

And why the unconferenced rosters? Is that supposed to make us watch this sorry excuse for a football game?

They have to do more than that and the other stupid gimmicks such as a 2 minute warning in each quarter (yeah, more commercials!) and changing possession after each quarter to get me to watch.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2013, 04:24 PM
And why the unconferenced rosters? Is that supposed to make us watch this sorry excuse for a football game?

They have to do more than that and the other stupid gimmicks such as a 2 minute warning in each quarter (yeah, more commercials!) and changing possession after each quarter to get me to watch.

They need to scrap the entire game, in favor of a fun skills competition. Make the linemen lift and run obstacle courses... make the WRs run routes and jug drills, let the big guys work the sleds, all that stuff... that would at least be individual competition that if you wanted to tune in, wouldn't be a total joke.

The NHL doesn't take it's "all star game" seriously from a competition standpoint... and it's very enjoyable.

ChucktownSteeler
12-31-2013, 04:28 PM
It's a sorry game at best and wish it wasn't played at all. Too much risk for the players (although it is only a step-up from the powder-puff league).

Big T
01-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Stumbled upon a pretty cool video about Troy and his trip home in 2011:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QCbUlDMu7Hk

Big T
01-03-2014, 02:17 PM
@steelers: Today the Associated Press named @AntonioBrown84 to the 2nd-team 2013 All-Pro

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Good for him. He's worked hard this season to be a better WR. And mission was accomplished. He's a pefect example to the other players who need to step their game up next year.

LatrobePA
01-03-2014, 02:46 PM

Titties, show me some topless hula-hoop dancers and I'm watching... If not what is the probowl??

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Exactly. Get me some topless hula dancers and I"m all over it!! :bigthumb: