PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on preseason game #2

BlitzburghRockCity
08-20-2006, 12:11 AM
-Duce didn't look at all..didn't run with power and authority.
-Haynes showed alot of heart tonight and ran hard and got some tough yards and came to play. He's really bucking for more time instead of just 3rd down duties
-Ben looked good and sharp. Once the vikes started blitzing while we were running no huddle the starting OL had some troubles picking it up but overall Ben looked fine.
-Starting defense looked great on the opening series and then kinda went to sleep the next 2 possessions before they got off the field.

Overall other than early in the first quarter it was some sloppy play. Dropped passes, wrong routes run, poor blocking, missed assignments...yep its definately pre season.

PITT23
08-20-2006, 12:20 AM
-Santonio looked so-so with an average return and he screwed up on one where he ran without looking for the ball
-There seemed to be too many penalties, especially for a team led by Cowher
-Ben looked awesome for two straight games and I'm feeling great about him
-Duce getting 11 yards on 5 carries isn't impressing me at all
-Tonight was the second time I've ever seen Troy Polamalu majorly mess up (on that play they scored a TD on and a time when he completely missed a tackle early last season) but it's nothing to be alarmed about because both times he was being aggressive and you can't complain about that

Black@Gold Forever32
08-20-2006, 12:33 AM
The bottom line there was no major injuries. Thats the only thing that matters in pre-season. The Colts started 0-5 last year in the pre-season. Then won 13 games to open the regular season.

Prosdo
08-20-2006, 01:23 AM
Lee Mays - Will be cut again. No big surprise. Didn't play well at all
Duce Staley - Wasn't impressive and has me concerned
Vernon Haynes - Seemed very determined and played well
Anthony Smith - Continues to impress me
Nate Washington - Had some nice plays. Hopefully makes the team.
Wasn't too happy about the back up defenses on 3rd downs.

Stairwayto7
08-20-2006, 09:41 AM
I would love to see Ben play more, I understand why he isn`t, but still its just the fan in me.

Staley I thought his health was key for the upcoming season. I think I was wrong. He doesnt seem hungry. He really sickens me.

A.Smith is going to be a good one. Cant wait!

Steelersfan
08-20-2006, 11:47 AM
I like the way Ben has been playing.
I think Duce will be fine when the games start counting.
The young guys have had some ups and downs but overrall they have done a decent job.

It's the preseason so I'm not getting too worked up about the older guys or guys that have been on the team. I'm just hoping we get through all this without any key injuruies. Then we'll see the starters pick it up against the Fins!

PITT23
08-20-2006, 11:58 AM
One thing I saw with Smith was that he doesnt let guys break from his tackles and he rarely gets faked out by a juke from the runner.