PDA

View Full Version : "I care that they cared"

steelersbabex25
12-22-2013, 11:34 PM
From one of my favorite Pittsburgh sports writers. Great read.

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/5299089-74/steelers-field-team#axzz2oGVGct2J

Rocky#20
12-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Yeah, the whole team could have collapsed after the blown call on the blocked FG, but they sucked it up and found a way to win.

steelersbabex25
12-22-2013, 11:41 PM
Yeah, the whole team could have collapsed after the blown call on the blocked FG, but they sucked it up and found a way to win.

The whole team could have collapsed after they started out the season 0-4. Finishing the season in this way will work wonders for confidence going into the offseason

Stone
12-22-2013, 11:46 PM
The whole team could have collapsed after they started out the season 0-4. Finishing the season in this way will work wonders for confidence going into the offseason

Absolutely! I saw fight in them all day.

Big T
12-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Great read indeed. Thanks for posting.

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2013, 02:35 AM

Yeah...that's some small conciliation. After all, the Panthers ended last season winning their final 4 games and I think they brought alot of that over to this season. Here's hoping it will also work for us.

coldrolled
12-23-2013, 06:21 AM
Ben has to feel good too this year, he could actually run a td in in the 15th game of the year.

steelersbabex25
12-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Ben has to feel good too this year, he could actually run a td in in the 15th game of the year.

I saw this quote on Twitter yesterday; "Ben runs like someone who has a pillow tucked under their shirt" :lol:

NeilPatrickBanana
12-23-2013, 10:39 AM
When Steve McLendon set up for a routine tackle, he instead picked up his Packer and slammed him to the tundra.

His explanation: “That's how Cam Heyward's been playing for weeks.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/5299089-74/steelers-field-team#ixzz2oJDcJ65Q
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

love heyward... he'll be a Captain next year

TarlsQtr
12-23-2013, 10:46 AM
When Steve McLendon set up for a routine tackle, he instead picked up his Packer and slammed him to the tundra.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/5299089-74/steelers-field-team#ixzz2oJDcJ65Q

He may be the most improved player on the team.

Big T
12-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Cam Heyward is a reason to be excited. Dude is such a monster. He's seriously one of the strongest players in the league. It seems like every game you see him pull someone down with one hand. Especially in that Miami game. There were at least two instances where Daniel Thomas got through the line and Heyward pulled him backward by his jersey.

He's definitely someone to be excited about. Here's to hoping there's a contract extension this offseason.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Cam Heyward is a reason to be excited. Dude is such a monster. He's seriously one of the strongest players in the league. It seems like every game you see him pull someone down with one hand. Especially in that Miami game. There were at least two instances where Daniel Thomas got through the line and Heyward pulled him backward by his jersey.

He's definitely someone to be excited about. Here's to hoping there's a contract extension this offseason.

Getting Heyward, Worrilds, and Allen locked up NOW, with good, "mid-range" starter contracts, before they are requiring BIGGER, all pro level contracts is absolutely critical for our long term success....

Getting Heyward at 3-4 million per, instead of the 6+ you might have to pay him in another year...
Getting Worrilds at 5ish, instead of the 10 you are paying Woodley
Getting Allen at 4-5, like Keenan got, instead of the 8 you are paying Ike....

Set the ground work now, and the turnover is almost complete.

K Train
12-23-2013, 01:04 PM

Im so turned on by that comment

He plays so angry.

I remember you questioning my love for heyward saying he hasnt really done anything, which was true at the time but once they put hood on the bench heyward has been lights out. Hood held him back due to blind loyalty...admitting a player you drafted in the first is a bust must be tough, but im glad they finally let heyward off his leash. He looks like richard seymour out there lately

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2013, 01:08 PM
K-Train,

If you were to draft for the front office, what tackle would you draft to put next to Heyward? Just being curious.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Im so turned on by that comment

He plays so angry.

I remember you questioning my love for heyward saying he hasnt really done anything, which was true at the time but once they put hood on the bench heyward has been lights out. Hood held him back due to blind loyalty...admitting a player you drafted in the first is a bust must be tough, but im glad they finally let heyward off his leash. He looks like richard seymour out there lately

He looks like Muhammed Wilkerson out there... they are carbon copies of each other in terms of play style, strength, technique.

K Train
12-23-2013, 01:25 PM
K-Train,

If you were to draft for the front office, what tackle would you draft to put next to Heyward? Just being curious.

Nix would be badass in the middle there, but id rather get tuitt and put him on the end. It would require playing a 1 gap 34 but you put heyward in the role that JJ Watt plays now in wade phillips defense and you put Tuitt in the role that Chris Canty played for dallas

I love al woods, i hope he has a future with the team at either NT or DE, it doesnt matter to me

NeilPatrickBanana
12-23-2013, 01:33 PM
Nix would be badass in the middle there, but id rather get tuitt and put him on the end. It would require playing a 1 gap 34 but you put heyward in the role that JJ Watt plays now in wade phillips defense and you put Tuitt in the role that Chris Canty played for dallas

I love al woods, i hope he has a future with the team at either NT or DE, it doesnt matter to me

I think there is a lot of ways to fill those Dline holes, without using our first.

Ego Ferguson is very raw, and his measurements will be misleading, but I think he can/is going to be, a dominating 3tech NT. I think he's a mid 2nd - early 3rd type of player due to high high upside.

Ryan Carrethers doesn't play top level competition at Arkansas St, but he's put some stuff on tape that should have pro scouts drooling. Again, there's a bit of a project nature to him, but his mobility for his size is definitely something to behold. Probably a 3rd-5th round guy.

The value Nix would represent with our mid 1st rounder will be too good to pass.... I wouldnt touch any other Dline in the 1st though. There are going to be too many choices at WR and DB...

K Train
12-23-2013, 01:35 PM
I dont necessarily want to use a first but i was spit balling

Is nick williams still on the roster?

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2013, 01:46 PM

I"ve got to dig into Tuitt. I haven't seen enough of him to make an assessment. But I sure would like to see our D-line dominant again. That would go along way in restoring order in our division. We need to focus on those lines.

K Train
12-23-2013, 02:05 PM
The defensive line and pressure in general is where i would like to focus after WR.

You see teams going from nothing to at least something when they boast good dlines....rams, jets, seahawks, bengals, and bills have put together some freakishly talented dlines and have emerged as some of the best defenses in the league. Beefing up the dline will make guys like jarvis jones better next years (when he should be better anyway)

My ranking for need in adding star power is WR, DT, OLB, DE...pretty straight forward

Not to say i wouldnt grab a top corner, or safety, or tackle...ect, but the lack of pressure generated on the defensive front is disheartening

Big T
12-23-2013, 02:08 PM
I dont necessarily want to use a first but i was spit balling

Is nick williams still on the roster?

Ya he was put on IR late in the preseason. If I remember correctly he was doing some nice things before he injured his knee. Certainly looks the part.

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2013, 02:50 PM
If I remember correctly, Tomlin even gave Williams a compliment at one of the pressurers. Looking forward to seeing Williams next season.

coldrolled
12-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Cody Wallace seems to have a real mean streak... is he going to hold a spot on this team next year?

scott0326
12-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Getting Heyward, Worrilds, and Allen locked up NOW, with good, "mid-range" starter contracts, before they are requiring BIGGER, all pro level contracts is absolutely critical for our long term success....

Getting Heyward at 3-4 million per, instead of the 6+ you might have to pay him in another year...
Getting Worrilds at 5ish, instead of the 10 you are paying Woodley
Getting Allen at 4-5, like Keenan got, instead of the 8 you are paying Ike....

Set the ground work now, and the turnover is almost complete.
Completely agree with this. Worilds, Heyward and Allen definitely need to be locked up ASAP while we can still get them somewhat cheap. All three have very bright futures.

BubbyBlister
12-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Nobody mentioned it but Sylvester actually made some plays yesterday and had some fire in him. As for Cam I like that he gets his hand up and knocks passes down and you don't see players doing that enough at that position. Anyhow lot to look forward to for next season and the team is finally playing the way there capable of. Wasn't so much lack of talent but lack of direction early on and I knew that and why they pee me off so much the beginning of the season.

scott0326
12-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Cody Wallace seems to have a real mean streak... is he going to hold a spot on this team next year?

With how often our O-line gets injured and with how well he's seemed to have stepped in and at least done a decent job, I'd imagine he'll definitely be back with the team as a backup.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-23-2013, 06:43 PM

I would definitely lock him up as a starter caliber backup, who can compete in camp for multiple jobs

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Cody Wallace will be with the team next year...He looks better at center then Pouncey......Poor Velasco, its a shame he suffered such a serious injury.....I wouldn't be shocked if Wallace is the starting center next year......

Big T
12-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Cody Wallace will be with the team next year...He looks better at center then Pouncey......Poor Velasco, its a shame he suffered such a serious injury.....I wouldn't be shocked if Wallace is the starting center next year......

Lol stop it

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Lol stop it

Both Velasco and Wallace anchor in the middle better then Pouncey........I loved Pouncey coming out of the draft and I even proclaimed him to be the best center prospect to come out in the last twenty years but I'm sorry his play has declined ever since his rookie year......I just don't think Pouncey has the strength to handle the mammoth NT's across the NFL.....A move to OG might be in his best interest.....

NeilPatrickBanana
12-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Lol stop it

I agree with him

interior pressure has been reduced drastically this year... and Pouncey being out is a part of the reason why

NeilPatrickBanana
12-23-2013, 09:50 PM
Both Velasco and Wallace anchor in the middle better then Pouncey........I loved Pouncey coming out of the draft and I even proclaimed him to be the best center prospect to come out in the last twenty years but I'm sorry his play has declined ever since his rookie year......I just don't think Pouncey has the strength to handle the mammoth NT's across the NFL.....A move to OG might be in his best interest.....

agreed

cut pouncey and save 4.1 in cap space to spend on needier areas like Dline, Secondary, and pass Catchers

Sign Velasco and Wallace for half what Pouncey makes

Big T
12-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Say what you want about Pouncey's potential cost and all that, and I can somewhat agree on the whole anchoring deal, but saying Wallace is better than Pouncey is ridiculous. He was bad against Miami, less bad against Cincy, and actually played well against GB. But come on now. I get the whole "Pouncey is overrated thing"... Fine. No he's not a top 5 center but he's not the scrub you guys are making him out to be. And PFF has him improving every year, not "declining since his rookie year"...

Big T
12-23-2013, 10:58 PM
I agree with him

interior pressure has been reduced drastically this year... and Pouncey being out is a part of the reason why

Pouncey 2012 (PFF stats/rankings): 12th ranked Center, 2 sacks allowed (tied with Mike Pouncey, Chris Myers, De La Puente, John Sullivan...), 1 QB hit allowed, 8 hurries allowed.

Velasco 2013 (PFF stats/ rankings): 26th ranked Center, 1 sack allowed (one less than Pouncey), 3 QB hits allowed (2 more than Pouncey), 15 hurries allowed (7 more than Pouncey). Played 60 less snaps than Pouncey.

Not enough work for Wallace to include him, but it's worth noting that he surrendered 2 sacks in one game this season, the same amount surrendered by Pouncey all last season.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Say what you want about Pouncey's potential cost and all that, and I can somewhat agree on the whole anchoring deal, but saying Wallace is better than Pouncey is ridiculous. He was bad against Miami, less bad against Cincy, and actually played well against GB. But come on now. I get the whole "Pouncey is overrated thing"... Fine. No he's not a top 5 center but he's not the scrub you guys are making him out to be. And PFF has him improving every year, not "declining since his rookie year"...

I never said Pouncey was a scrub, just said his play has declined since his rookie year........PFF says otherwise ok whatever.....Its just seems to me the interior of the OL has been better without Pouncey in the lineup......Factor in Wallace basically coming off the street and off the practice squad and I think he has done just fine.....I will say the emergence of DeCastro has helped as well with interior pass protection but I don't know maybe its best for Maurkice to do just switch to LG.......I'm not going to count on Velasco since it probably won't be until November next year he will be healthy to play.....Velasco and Wallace doesn't have the athleticism of Maurkice Pouncey but both seem to be nastier then Maurkice and anchor better in the middle.....5 Best OL need to play period and I don't care who they are....just please stay healthy so the unit can stay in sync with one another.....

I wanted Maurkice to succeed and I wanted him to become the best center in Steelers history and I thought he was on his way after his rookie year....This is coming from a big Dermontti Dawson fan......I'm not writing him off by no means if he comes back 100% healthy and he is ready to kick *** then great.......

Big T
12-24-2013, 12:14 AM
I'm just hoping he comes back healthy and ready to go. I don't believe they'll just cut him. I don't. He'll have an entire year of getting healthy which should help. I see them extending him before I see them cutting him. I'd love to see him and DeCastro both playing together healthy. I was hoping to see that this year but we all know how that went.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-24-2013, 12:23 AM
Pouncey 2012 (PFF stats/rankings): 12th ranked Center, 2 sacks allowed (tied with Mike Pouncey, Chris Myers, De La Puente, John Sullivan...), 1 QB hit allowed, 8 hurries allowed.

Velasco 2013 (PFF stats/ rankings): 26th ranked Center, 1 sack allowed (one less than Pouncey), 3 QB hits allowed (2 more than Pouncey), 15 hurries allowed (7 more than Pouncey). Played 60 less snaps than Pouncey.

Not enough work for Wallace to include him, but it's worth noting that he surrendered 2 sacks in one game this season, the same amount surrendered by Pouncey all last season.

That's a fair point, using a respected sites opinion.

I think a little context is needed with regards to a veteran in a system, and a guy signed after week 1.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm just hoping he comes back healthy and ready to go. I don't believe they'll just cut him. I don't. He'll have an entire year of getting healthy which should help. I see them extending him before I see them cutting him. I'd love to see him and DeCastro both playing together healthy. I was hoping to see that this year but we all know how that went.

I think it would be stupid to just cut him...But I also would be hesitant to give MP a big new contract..........

Big T
12-24-2013, 12:29 AM
I think it would be stupid to just cut him...But I also would be hesitant to give MP a big new contract..........

Agreed. But I would think the injury would be able to keep an extension reasonable.

Big T
12-24-2013, 12:40 AM
That's a fair point, using a respected sites opinion.

I think a little context is needed with regards to a veteran in a system, and a guy signed after week 1.

Agreed. Fair point. He played very well given the circumstances.

lancer89074
12-24-2013, 01:07 AM
What a silly thread. I care that you cared... well they don't care. What they care about is securing their damn jobs for another year. They want the milk train to run again and be able to compete for only half of the season. The season is over truly and only now they are busting their buns and finally the missing pieces are falling together... I don't buy it.

You guys are really naive. Go ahead and cosign their mediocre record. I remember when they played entire games not having a clue of how to points on the board. So now they have figured out the Haley system? Wait 'til next year when they hang another 8-8 year on your behinds. Man, what suckers you guys are. Boobs for owners and a boob as a head coach and more boobs as coordinators... sheesh... glad I am not shivering my behind off worrying about those losers. Merry Christmas!!!

K Train
12-24-2013, 09:00 AM
He doesnt have the strongest lower body but this offense is about lateral movement and moving as a unit now. Something he should be nothing short of great doing, His upper body strength is a non issue though, hes done fine with the bigger NTs over the years and thats even with ****** guard and tackle play around him. Man he really has become the scapegoat of the line, he was easily the best we had before decastro (who at this point might have a strangle hold on that title) and theres not a person on that team that thinks velasco or wallace was a better option than pouncey, and those guys have played admirably

I agree with him

Completely disagree. I think the line has come together big time as a whole, pouncey not being in there didnt make them gel faster, there was a transition to make and they have done a good job at making it.

Interior pressure...jesus, do we not remember hartwig and mahan? Hartwig hasnt played in the league since poucey was drafted and he still might lead the league in sacks given up for a center over the last 7 years. Pouncey has had his ups and downs and his share of injuries but i hope hes in the plans for the future, i highly doubt hes going to require a boat load of money

PFF matters for some things, but only if it agrees with NPB lol

steelchamp204
12-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Velasco or Wallace at center and Pouncey at G will help this team next season.

I just don't think Foster is the G of the future.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2013, 12:21 PM
No doubt MP was the best Steelers OL the last few years but what is that exactly saying.....Until DD emerging and others improving the OL was complete ****.....All I know is I havn't seen the pressure from the interior this year and I remember many times the last few years of MP just being pushed back into Ben's face.......I like Pouncey, I really do but I'm not going to defend him and yes he is the scapegoat when the OL looks better with him not in the lineup for the entire season.....

Ktrain you always stated Pouncey should be moved to LG so maybe that is in the best interest of the team and MP going forward......

NeilPatrickBanana
12-24-2013, 12:29 PM
He doesnt have the strongest lower body but this offense is about lateral movement and moving as a unit now. Something he should be nothing short of great doing, His upper body strength is a non issue though, hes done fine with the bigger NTs over the years and thats even with ****** guard and tackle play around him. Man he really has become the scapegoat of the line, he was easily the best we had before decastro (who at this point might have a strangle hold on that title) and theres not a person on that team that thinks velasco or wallace was a better option than pouncey, and those guys have played admirably

you're doing it... that thing "fan-boys" do to try and make their position seem more factual.

Completely disagree. I think the line has come together big time as a whole, pouncey not being in there didnt make them gel faster, there was a transition to make and they have done a good job at making it.

Interior pressure...jesus, do we not remember hartwig and mahan? Hartwig hasnt played in the league since poucey was drafted and he still might lead the league in sacks given up for a center over the last 7 years.

irrelevant

Pouncey has had his ups and downs and his share of injuries but i hope hes in the plans for the future, i highly doubt hes going to require a boat load of money

Why? He's a 3x Pro Bowl, 3x All Pro... If he plays out the final year of his contract, and his play was worthy of being kept (as you suggest it will be), Then he'll be in line for top 5ish money at his position, whichever it is, guard or center. Offensive linemen get paid for their resume

So, what's the point of keeping him? There are 4 outcomes:
1. He is merely average, but shows to be fully recovered from injury. Avg Play + Resume = Huge Contract
2. He is surprising good, and shows to be fully recovered from injury Good Play + Resume = Huge Contract
3. He sucks, and is not recovered = We let him walk, and have a hole to fill
4. He gets injured again = We let him walk, and have a hole to fill

Better to make other plans now...

PFF matters for some things, but only if it agrees with NPB lol

PFF is always relevant in my book (that doesn't mean I always agree with them). I pointed out some contextual differences to the straight comparison Big T made

K Train
12-24-2013, 12:53 PM
you're doing it... that thing "fan-boys" do to try and make their position seem more factual.

Wrong, im not playing cap wizard and saying why financially he might need to be cut, i am saying that when it comes to ability everyone is severely bashing pouncey like he is completely useless when that is just not the case. Not a player, coach, or FO member that thinks pouncey not being in the line was a positive move for the offense. Not sure what pouncey has done to hurt all of you, but just because he hasnt emerged as the top center in football doesnt mean hes useless garbage and it doesnt mean hes regressed each year. He was overrated for so long that now hes underrated because even the people that were overrating him to begin with have come full circle to call him overrated. If pouncey is back next year, he will be the best or second best lineman we have. Ive always wanted to see him at guard, but even if its at center, there will be reason to be excited

irrelevant
My point was you say interior pressure has gone down since pouncey went down, i say its gone down because of bicknell and how he moves the line. It absolutely plays to the strengths of pouncey and minimized his weaknesses. They need to give him a shot in it again, bicknell must have been drooling over the idea of pouncey and decastro

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1507657/charles1.gif

(notice hood being washed out of the play...some things never change lol)

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1507669/charles2.gif

Real Deal Steel
12-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Wow. Hell of a film session. Really shows Hood being exposed.

Lot of work to do in the off-season in regards to that D-line.

K Train
12-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Thats just two plays but that does sum up hoods career, hes been that guys since the day he stepped onto the field.

My main point was about pouncey not being able to "anchor or handle bigger NTs" that old man ryan lilja doing work on our dline moving in bicknells scheme, there is nothing not to like about pouncey in that role

TarlsQtr
12-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Yikes,

Although overrated the last couple of years, I cannot believe there is an argument that Pouncey is better than Wallace and Velasco.

Keep in mind that Velasco and Wallace have had the pleasure of playing next to two competent (one close to Pro Bowl caliber) guards this season, something Pouncey has never had.

Like Troy, it's not about if he can help the team but if he is worth the cap hit. I suspect the question is moot. Velasco's injury was catastrophic. It will be a miracle if he can play in September. We will need Pouncey.

Clevelandsux
12-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Im a firm believer on how a team finishes Carrys over to the next season. Last year we played like **** towards end of season. This year we are playing well. Even if we don't make playoffs, finishing strong brings optimism going into next season.

Clevelandsux
12-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Yikes,

Although overrated the last couple of years, I cannot believe there is an argument that Pouncey is better than Wallace and Velasco.

Keep in mind that Velasco and Wallace have had the pleasure of playing next to twoo competent (one close to Pro Bowl caliber) guards this season, something Pouncey has never had.

Like Troy, it's not about if he can help the team but if he is worth the cap hit. I suspect the question is moot. Velasco's injury was catastrophic. It will be a miracle if he can play in September. We will need Pouncey.

Personally I think pouncey is overrated.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Wrong, im not playing cap wizard and saying why financially he might need to be cut, i am saying that when it comes to ability everyone is severely bashing pouncey like he is completely useless when that is just not the case. Not a player, coach, or FO member that thinks pouncey not being in the line was a positive move for the offense. Not sure what pouncey has done to hurt all of you, but just because he hasnt emerged as the top center in football doesnt mean hes useless garbage and it doesnt mean hes regressed each year. He was overrated for so long that now hes underrated because even the people that were overrating him to begin with have come full circle to call him overrated. If pouncey is back next year, he will be the best or second best lineman we have. Ive always wanted to see him at guard, but even if its at center, there will be reason to be excited

your still doing it... building straw men and false narratives

1. No one said he's "completely useless"
2. You have no idea what the front office, players, coaches "think"

My point was you say interior pressure has gone down since pouncey went down, i say its gone down because of bicknell and how he moves the line. It absolutely plays to the strengths of pouncey and minimized his weaknesses. They need to give him a shot in it again, bicknell must have been drooling over the idea of pouncey and decastro

i know what you are trying to say. But my reference was to pass protection... so zone run blocking schemes aren't all that relevant.

A better video to illustrate your point would be Ben's improvement in getting the ball out quicker

There's no doubt that Bicknell has coached the unit up, and that the schemes are a better fit for the talent. None of that chances the fact that Pouncey is an above average player, who is coming into a contract year, while coming off major major knee surgery.

Youre just setting a "fan boy" example of not being able to see the bigger picture because you are a fan of a particular player

NeilPatrickBanana
12-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Yikes,

Keep in mind that Velasco and Wallace have had the pleasure of playing next to two competent (one close to Pro Bowl caliber) guards this season, something Pouncey has never had.

of course, there's no correlation between the improved play at Guard, and the change at Center... hmmm....

K Train
12-25-2013, 01:08 AM
You might not be talking about him like he's completely useless but a lot of posts are referring to him like he was never anyone and a wasted pick. Above average is fine, I'll take above average all day

K Train
12-25-2013, 01:09 AM
of course, there's no correlation between the improved play at Guard, and the change at Center... hmmm....

Not in this case, there isn't. Decastro has just been playing like a man possessed.

TarlsQtr
12-25-2013, 02:01 AM
Personally I think pouncey is overrated.

So do I. I just believe he is better than Wallace especially and probably Velasco. Pouncey is a very good player (top 10) but not nearly as good as the rep he gained off his rookie season.