PDA

View Full Version : Early outlook for next week's game that effect the Steelers...

Troyisabeast_43
12-22-2013, 10:50 PM
I am hoping that both the Steelers Browns and Ravens and Bengals games stay at 1 and that they move the Dolphins and Jets to 4 o clock and the Chargers and Chiefs which is already a 4 o clock game. This way the Bengals if they play the sametime as the Patriots at 1 o clock they will at least have something to play for which is that number 2 seed should they win and the Pats somehow slip up against the Bills. If the Steelers win and the Ravens lose at 1 the Ravens would be eliminated and the Steelers would still be alive going into the 4 o clock games. At that point if the Fins and Jets play at 4 with the Chargers and Chiefs the Steelers then would root for both of them to lose which is how they would get in the playoffs. Going to be a fun Sunday keeping track of everything going on these 3 games. Never would have believed when the Steelers were 0-4 to start this season that this would have been possible going into the final week of the season...

Rocky#20
12-22-2013, 11:48 PM
It is truly amazing that we are still alive for the 6th seed going into the last game. What really helped today was the Dolphins choking big time up in Buffalo. Just think if Sanders doesn't drop the 2 point conversion against the Ravens and Brown doesn't step out of bounds against the Dolphins, all we would have to do is beat the Browns and we would have been in.

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Andy Reid said today that he's considering sitting down his starters against the Chargers. You can stop dreaming now.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Andy Reid said today that he's considering sitting down his starters against the Chargers. You can stop dreaming now.

As long as Philip Rivers is playing, the dream will remain alive and well.

Troyisabeast_43
12-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Andy Reid said today that he's considering sitting down his starters against the Chargers. You can stop dreaming now.You said the Steelers had no chance to beat the Bengals two weeks ago also and that we were all wasting our time even talking about the Steelers still being in the race for the last wildcard. And here we are 2 weeks later still alive and still with at least a chance and an opportunity which is all you can ask for. It most likely and probably wont happen it's a very very longshot but if it doesnt happen the Steelers have nobody to blame but themselves for losing to teams like the Raiders,Titans and Vikings. The Chiefs earned the right to sit their starters this week if they wish since they already clinched a playoff spot. So sure the odds are stacked way high but everybody said the samething about yesterday's results as well and here we are today 24 hours later still not eliminated. Anything is possible so lets see how it all plays out...

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2013, 03:37 PM
You said the Steelers had no chance to beat the Bengals two weeks ago also and that we were all wasting our time even talking about the Steelers still being in the race for the last wildcard. And here we are 2 weeks later still alive and still with at least a chance and an opportunity which is all you can ask for. It most likely and probably wont happen it's a very very longshot but if it doesnt happen the Steelers have nobody to blame but themselves for losing to teams like the Raiders,Titans and Vikings. The Chiefs earned the right to sit their starters this week if they wish since they already clinched a playoff spot. So sure the odds are stacked way high but everybody said the samething about yesterday's results as well and here we are today 24 hours later still not eliminated. Anything is possible so lets see how it all plays out...

I feel ya. But come on dude. Really.....
We are wasting our time. Because at the end of the day, all this adds up to is messing up our draft position. Our defense is leaky as hell against **** poor teams like the Dolphins and Packers. Realistically, we are not going anywhere this year. I love my team buy I"m not going to jock them blindly; I refuse to be that myopic.

We have 8 losses. We do not deserve to be in the playoffs. And I don't want to reward ANY TEAM a playoff position who has 8 losses. If you can't win double digit games, you should be at home watching the winning teams.

Who would we beat in the playoffs??? Denver? Kansas City? New England?

Have Steelers fans expectation sunk so low that now your happy begging other teams to do your dirty work? I tell you, expectations sure have gone down around here; people hoping for 8-8 and actually feeling good about it. Wow.

Troyisabeast_43
12-23-2013, 04:53 PM

We would play the Bengals in Cincinnati most likely the first game which is a very very winnable game in my opinion. The last team the Bengals would want to see on wildcard weekend would be the Steelers trust me...The only teams I think the Steelers couldnt beat in the playoffs would be Denver and New England and they wouldnt see them into the divisional round. 8-8 isnt a very good record and I dont feel great about a .500 team making the playoffs but it is what it is at this point and if they get in at 8-8 and win the games they are suppose to win to do so the Steelers shouldnt have to apologize for anything...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2013, 04:59 PM
I give you mad props 43 but I just can't buy into this team.......I know they're 7-4 after an 0-4 start which is impressive but I wouldn't be surprised if they just laid an egg against the Browns.....Plus need a ton of help even if they do win.......

Andy Dalton is a fraud....He will be 0-3 in the play-offs and don't matter who the Bengals play in their first game....BOOK IT.......

coldrolled
12-23-2013, 06:01 PM
Ben and Haley would need to score 34-55 points a game to make it to the SB. Our defense is in Fort Myers Beach Words called a sieve...

scott0326
12-23-2013, 06:30 PM
I honestly cant believe we even have a chance.. I'm usually about as optimistic as they come, but this is crazy. It would take a lot for Steelers to make it, but honestly, its not that absurd for all these things to actually happen. Jets can definitely beat Miami, Steelers can definitely beat Browns and Cincy can definitely beat Ravens. Only thing that would suck is if Chiefs rested their starters.

BubbyBlister
12-23-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm just going to enjoy next weeks game and see what happens. If they get into the playoffs then great at least one more Steeler game I get to see. If not lots to look forward to next season.

Real Deal Steel
12-23-2013, 07:42 PM
ahhhh the off-season. Looking forward to it.

Rocky#20
12-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Skip Bayless said today that the Steelers because of Ben would be the most dangerous 6th seed of the 4 teams left in the hunt. He listed them as the Steelers the most dangerous, followed by the Ravens, the Chargers and the Dolphins as the least dangerous.

Speeed
12-23-2013, 08:08 PM
If the Steelers have the record to be in the playoffs, then why wouldn't they deserve the chance? Should a team with a lesser record go in their place? I would argue otherwise.

We are wasting our time. Because at the end of the day, all this adds up to is messing up our draft position. Our defense is leaky as hell against **** poor teams like the Dolphins and Packers. Realistically, we are not going anywhere this year. I love my team buy I"m not going to jock them blindly; I refuse to be that myopic.

We have 8 losses. We do not deserve to be in the playoffs. And I don't want to reward ANY TEAM a playoff position who has 8 losses. If you can't win double digit games, you should be at home watching the winning teams.

Have Steelers fans expectation sunk so low that now your happy begging other teams to do your dirty work? I tell you, expectations sure have gone down around here; people hoping for 8-8 and actually feeling good about it. Wow.

Rhys Lightning 63
12-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Let's take a good hard look at this. We need the following to happen

1 - Jets beat the Dolphins - The Jets have been one of the most inconsistent teams this season. It wouldn't surprise me if they win 50-0, and it wouldn't surprise me if they lose 50-0, but seeing as it is IN New York, I can very easily see this happening, particularly if the weather is bad

2 - Bengals beat Ravens - Now while the Bengals are already in the playoffs, they will be looking for the #3 seed (maybe even #2 seed), rather than the #4, so they WILL play as if it matters (mainly because it does).

3 - Chiefs beat the Chargers - this is going to be the biggest obstacle. Even if Andy stays true to his word and rests a few players, I can see this being a very hard for the Chargers, but they may just sneak the win.

So all we can do is sit back and wait to see what the future holds. If we win, we'd have done all we can, and just leave it to fate

Big T
12-24-2013, 12:20 AM
Jets-Dolphins is in Miami. Bengals are also undefeated at home. Who knows what's gonna happen in SD. Gonna be interesting. I'll be hoping haha