PDA

View Full Version : troy haters, learn from real fans and folks with real knowledge of the game....

teeceemadison
12-22-2013, 08:53 PM
as usual, we who know the game and troy's value...are right again, as he saved our season....

learn from those who know.....

haters are haters and stupid too.

steelersbabex25
12-22-2013, 09:01 PM
The thing with Troy is that every game his name is never mentioned...and then at the last second he makes a game-saving play. Is that worth keeping him around for? Idk

teeceemadison
12-22-2013, 09:03 PM
he was mentioned several times actually, and i will take a quiet game and the game saving play anyday......

TarlsQtr
12-22-2013, 09:11 PM
For me, it is not whether Troy is a net plus or minus. IMO, anyone who thinks he is a negative is nuts. The real question is whether he is worth the massive cap hit.

teeceemadison
12-22-2013, 09:12 PM
For me, it is not whether Troy is a net plus or minus. IMO, anyone who thinks he is a negative is nuts. The real question is whether he is worth the massive cap hit.

they may redo his contract, but i think he is worth every penny...he's been healthy all year...made some game changing and game saving plays....how many other defensive players have done that this year for us?

LatrobePA
12-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Troy had one noticeable play today.. Most of the day he was getting swallowed up by blockers..

NeilPatrickBanana
12-22-2013, 09:29 PM

Seconded

teeceemadison
12-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Troy had one noticeable play today.. Most of the day he was getting swallowed up by blockers..

he was assigned the 'hybrid' linebacker position, and was still able to make plays, leaping over the line, forcing the running backs and qb to change their direction or flow of the play....and made the play to save the game...what would you have him do since he is assigned that linebacker type position, noting he leads the league in forced fumbles....

LatrobePA
12-22-2013, 09:54 PM
he was assigned the 'hybrid' linebacker position, and was still able to make plays, leaping over the line, forcing the running backs and qb to change their direction or flow of the play....and made the play to save the game...what would you have him do since he is assigned that linebacker type position, noting he leads the league in forced fumbles....

Then his coaches should be fired!! He gets swallowed and is very much useless.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Troy could rape a group of nuns and most in Stiller Nation would defend him.......

Big T
12-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Troy could rape a group of nuns and most in Stiller Nation would defend him.......

On the opposite side of that... Troy could have 5 picks in a game, 3 for TDs, 5 forced fumbles and 50 tackles in one game, and you would still bitch about the one tackle he missed or the play he was out of position for a TD. It goes both ways. Dude is an impact player that comes up with big plays when we need them. No, he's not perfect, but he's the only guy out there making the game changing plays we need.

teeceemadison
12-22-2013, 10:05 PM
lebeau has him assigned there...and he has played well and forced fumbles there this year and helped us win several games, no other player has forced more fumbles in the nfl this year, and no other steeler defensive player has been as consistently good despite being assigned out of his normal position....

Stone
12-22-2013, 10:09 PM
The thing with Troy is that every game his name is never mentioned...and then at the last second he makes a game-saving play. Is that worth keeping him around for? Idk

This...and when he jumps over the line, or darts into the backfield, and the play goes the other way, there is never a word said. And he takes himself out of a LOT of plays leaving the D to play 10 against 11......but he looks cool doing it!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-22-2013, 10:11 PM
On the opposite side of that... Troy could have 5 picks in a game, 3 for TDs, 5 forced fumbles and 50 tackles in one game, and you would still bitch about the one tackle he missed or the play he was out of position for a TD. It goes both ways. Dude is an impact player that comes up with big plays when we need them. No, he's not perfect, but he's the only guy out there making the game changing plays we need.

Yea I would really bitch about Troy making 5 picks in a game and scoring three TD's....Please lets get back to reality and not talk about what Troy P could do in a Madden Football game on playstation 4.........

This is exactly what I'm talking about....I never liked Troy and never hid that but at the sametime I use to give him his props when he was a true elite defensive player in the game....Hard to knock the guy on his level of play from 04-08......You joined in 2009 so you were not around the early days of SA.......Sorry that I'm critical of Troy at times and yes Troy has been out of position many times on blown TD's this year and in years past...Not to mention the years when he was worthless to the team with battling injuries.....

NeilPatrickBanana
12-22-2013, 10:11 PM

Well said
I'd like to see black&ballsForever do a coaches tape play by play of Troy, it would be highly entertaining

teeceemadison
12-22-2013, 10:12 PM
This...and when he jumps over the line, or darts into the backfield, and the play goes the other way, there is never a word said. And he takes himself out of a LOT of plays leaving the D to play 10 against 11......but he looks cool doing it!

bull, his dives over the line consistently force the redirection of the play, as happened today against the packers....the announcers noticed it as well and highlighted it.....

Nolrog
12-22-2013, 10:20 PM
This defense is still completely different when he's not out there.

Stone
12-22-2013, 10:21 PM
bull, his dives over the line consistently force the redirection of the play, as happened today against the packers....the announcers noticed it as well and highlighted it.....

I respectfully disagree, I started keeping track and he is OUT of the play a LOT but nothing is ever said. And your point about todays announcers is comical. Wilcots also said, today, that Ike Taylor was one of the better tackling corners in the league. These announcers invent bullshit to make every play sound incredible.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-22-2013, 10:21 PM
This defense is still completely different when he's not out there.

Disagree....Maybe the Troy from 2004-2008 but not now....Really how worse would the defense be next year without Troy, Ike, and Clark?

NeilPatrickBanana
12-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Disagree....Maybe the Troy from 2004-2008 but not now....Really how worse would the defense be next year without Troy, Ike, and Clark?

Significantly worse

Who is replacing them?

Speeed
12-22-2013, 11:12 PM
And the Packer's safety will make the high-lite reel how many times?

Big T
12-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Yea I would really bitch about Troy making 5 picks in a game and scoring three TD's....Please lets get back to reality and not talk about what Troy P could do in a Madden Football game on playstation 4.........

This is exactly what I'm talking about....I never liked Troy and never hid that but at the sametime I use to give him his props when he was a true elite defensive player in the game....Hard to knock the guy on his level of play from 04-08......You joined in 2009 so you were not around the early days of SA.......Sorry that I'm critical of Troy at times and yes Troy has been out of position many times on blown TD's this year and in years past...Not to mention the years when he was worthless to the team with battling injuries.....

Lol taking the stats a little literally. The point was that you don't like Troy. You've said it countless times on countless threads about how you can't wait for him to leave, you get flamed for hating him, it's been that was since '06, etc... We all know. The point was that your hatred of Troy and everyone that "sticks up for him" makes you incapable of saying anything positive about him anymore. That's the point of the ridiculous stats. You're the first one trashing him for blowing a play and the last one to even think bout giving him props for anything...

That was the point.

Rocky#20
12-22-2013, 11:38 PM
There is no question his play has slipped, but his strip of Flynn won the game for us so he still has some big play capability.

LatrobePA
12-22-2013, 11:47 PM
I'd say Allen's pick six won the game. Anytime you get a TD scored by the defense is and can be the game winner!!

Rocky#20
12-22-2013, 11:53 PM
I would still say that is what Troy's strip of Flynn, because the score was tied and the Packers had the ball at the 2 minute warning, but it was great seeing Allen's pick six, I thought at first he was going to pull an Ike and drop it.

Mike Tomlin
12-23-2013, 03:54 AM
Clark is gone, I can't see Ike being released without someone better than Gay to replace him. I think we have to hang on to Troy for at least one more year. I mean he's not what he used to be but he has played pretty well. Plus with all those short seasons we might have bought and extra one or two on the back end lol.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Lol taking the stats a little literally. The point was that you don't like Troy. You've said it countless times on countless threads about how you can't wait for him to leave, you get flamed for hating him, it's been that was since '06, etc... We all know. The point was that your hatred of Troy and everyone that "sticks up for him" makes you incapable of saying anything positive about him anymore. That's the point of the ridiculous stats. You're the first one trashing him for blowing a play and the last one to even think bout giving him props for anything...

That was the point.

Really I have been really quiet on Troy the last few weeks, if you're talking about the Dolphins game were Charles Clay made Troy his BITCH then I guess I should apologize for bashing Troy for his pathetic tackling and just going for the ball to allow Clay to score the TD.......

I don't care that Troy leads the NFL in caused fumbles and he picked off the likes of Terrell ****ing Pryor and Jason Campbell this year.......He isn't what he use to be and hasn't been for some time but yet most fans continue to over-rate his sorry ***.....You know Troy's stats don't ****ing matter when the team is 7-8.........AB and Ben's stats don't matter either since the team is a ****ing joke this year.....

I'm not here to make friends and I don't give a **** about what any of you ****ing sheep think about me......

K Train
12-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Really I have been really quiet on Troy the last few weeks, if you're talking about the Dolphins game were Charles Clay made Troy his BITCH then I guess I should apologize for bashing Troy for his pathetic tackling and just going for the ball to allow Clay to score the TD.......

I don't care that Troy leads the NFL in caused fumbles and he picked off the likes of Terrell ****ing Pryor and Jason Campbell this year.......He isn't what he use to be and hasn't been for some time but yet most fans continue to over-rate his sorry ***.....You know Troy's stats don't ****ing matter when the team is 7-8.........AB and Ben's stats don't matter either since the team is a ****ing joke this year.....

I'm not here to make friends and I don't give a **** about what any of you ****ing sheep think about me......
its been a long year

Big T
12-23-2013, 04:22 PM

Take it down a notch. We're just talking. No need to get all riled up over stupid ****.

FlatsSteeler
12-23-2013, 04:23 PM

Now That's a Cry For Help Folks.........This is really a Pathetic Emotionally Disturbed Individual......

jpele
12-23-2013, 04:32 PM
When a casual viewer doesn't fully understand the game or the responsibilities of player at different positions, they shouldn't make comments on the abilities of of those players. You sound like an idiot.

NorCalSteel
12-23-2013, 05:08 PM
Another great thread on this site..Troy is a Probowl Safety for a reason. He has made great plays this year. He has set the bar so high for himself that when he plays like a normal person uninformed people think he is all washed up. All he is ever guilty of is playing to hard and he will take him self out of a play while doing this. If he is healthy play him and pay him. Do you think other teams offenses try to know where he is on every play just because of his curly hair??..lol

teeceemadison
12-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Another great thread on this site..Troy is a Probowl Safety for a reason. He has made great plays this year. He has set the bar so high for himself that when he plays like a normal person uninformed people think he is all washed up. All he is ever guilty of is playing to hard and he will take him self out of a play while doing this. If he is healthy play him and pay him. Do you think other teams offenses try to know where he is on every play just because of his curly hair??..lol

exactly, name me one player on defense anywhere in the nfl, now that it is a pitch and catch league favoring the offenses that is consistently in position on every play and making half the game changing plays troy does....cant be done.....bitchh and moan all you want, he is a game changer, pro bowler, first ballot HOF'er coming up, is healthy this year and has kept the patchwork defense together despite being forced to play out of position most of the season, resulting in big plays at certain times.....

scott0326
12-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Clark is gone, I can't see Ike being released without someone better than Gay to replace him. I think we have to hang on to Troy for at least one more year. I mean he's not what he used to be but he has played pretty well. Plus with all those short seasons we might have bought and extra one or two on the back end lol.
I think Ike is definitely being released and its very hard to argue against cutting Ike, he has been complete garbage this year and cutting him would save the Steelers a ton of money. I'm a big Ike fan, but he's 34 and on a serious decline.

I actually read a few days ago Ike has literally been one of worst corners in NFL this season

The Steelers can create $7 million in salary cap space by releasing RCB Ike Taylor this offseason.
The Steelers aren't quite teeming with cornerback depth, but this will be a no-brainer move for Pittsburgh's annually cap-strapped organization. Taylor has fallen directly off the cliff in his age-33 season, will be 34 in May, and is owed a $7 million non-guaranteed salary next year. He's PFF's No. 104 corner among 109 qualifiers in 2013. Only Antonio Cromartie, Leonard Johnson, Derek Cox, Brice McCain, and Cortland Finnegan have graded out worse. Dec 20 - 5:38 PM

teeceemadison
12-23-2013, 06:49 PM
I think Ike is definitely being released and its very hard to argue against cutting Ike, he has been complete garbage this year and cutting him would save the Steelers a ton of money. I'm a big Ike fan, but he's 34 and on a serious decline.

I actually read a few days ago Ike has literally been one of worst corners in NFL this season

He's had issues, but still had some big-*** games where he shut the door, again, in a league of pitch and catch, as had most of our secondary....but we have cortez allen on the other side..hopefully, who steps into Ike's shoes?

Stone
12-24-2013, 12:14 AM

If Troy is smart enough to guess the snap count and jumps over the line and the play went the other way, can you imagine how smart the running back is since he went the other way at the exact same time Troy jumped the line. Boooo-yah

scott0326
12-24-2013, 04:01 AM
He's had issues, but still had some big-*** games where he shut the door, again, in a league of pitch and catch, as had most of our secondary....but we have cortez allen on the other side..hopefully, who steps into Ike's shoes?
Ike has to be gone. I love Ike and everything he has done for the organization, but with age and diminished skill along with his huge contract, there is no reason to keep him around unless he decides to take a huge pay cut.

Id imagine William Gay will be back next season and they will likely draft/sign someone to help replace Ike. Honestly, with how bad Ike has been this year, it wont be hard to find an upgrade.

teeceemadison
12-24-2013, 11:38 AM
If Troy is smart enough to guess the snap count and jumps over the line and the play went the other way, can you imagine how smart the running back is since he went the other way at the exact same time Troy jumped the line. Boooo-yah

yup, smart enuff, but right into the steeler linebackers waitin with open arms.....

steelchamp204
12-24-2013, 11:40 AM
I think we will draft a CB in the 2nd round this season.

FlatsSteeler
12-24-2013, 11:53 AM
I would like to see the Steelers draft a "Shutdown Press CB" in the 1st round WR Kelvin Benjamin in 2nd(doubt he is around in the 2nd) maybe pick him in the 1st......move Ike Taylor to Safety or nickle.....Shamarko and Troy the safety's......maybe even use Ike in the Hybrid ILB/S position.......

steelchamp204
12-24-2013, 11:54 AM
I would like to see the Steelers draft a "Shutdown Press CB" in the 1st round WR Kelvin Benjamin in 2nd(doubt he is around in the 2nd) maybe pick him in the 1st......move Ike Taylor to Safety or nickle.....Shamarko and Troy the safety's......maybe even use Ike in the Hybrid ILB/S position.......

I would love for them to draft Dennard out of MSU, I think he would fit the system perfectly. Or Roby in the 2nd and a WR in the first.