PDA

View Full Version : Kicker Signed

PITT23
02-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Looks like Jeff Reed will have some competition in camp after a rough season last year.

http://www.pittsburghsportsinsider.com/?p=375

K Train
02-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah right, we had brubaker from ESU which is like 5 minutes away from me last year and cut him just like we cut barr. even though they both did outplay reed and gardocki imo...mabey it will be a different story without cowher having a lovefest with the worn out veteren players...but i doubt we have a new kicker next year

TampaSteelGirl
02-13-2007, 03:00 PM
I like Jeff Reed and feel confident in his kicking. I think EVERYONE had an off year last year but what we really need is a new punter! Yea Gardocki has to go!! LOL!

Koopa
02-13-2007, 03:02 PM
jeff is a bum when it comes to kickoffs, he can't get it past the 30 yard line it seems, ppl try to say it's on purpose but that's a bunch of bullshit, why would you want to give the other team good field position on the reg.......... he's alright for field goals, but we need a kicker with a boot for kickoffs............

AZ_Steeler
02-13-2007, 03:45 PM
This is what Reed needed, some competition, because he didn't impress me too much last year!

K Train
02-13-2007, 03:46 PM
i bet our future 4th round pick daniel sepulveda can do kickoffs lol....then he'll hurt the returner

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2007, 03:53 PM
He's just training camp fodde, nothing more. Reed would have to get injured or be so bad it's not even funny. We always bring in a kicker and punter to camp, just to help and get them some experience. I'd almost bet money Jeff Reed will be kicking for us in 2007.

Ambridge
02-14-2007, 08:47 AM
He's just training camp fodde, nothing more. Reed would have to get injured or be so bad it's not even funny. We always bring in a kicker and punter to camp, just to help and get them some experience. I'd almost bet money Jeff Reed will be kicking for us in 2007.

I'm sure Reed will be the kicker in '07 as well but I'm with Koopa as far as Reed's kickoffs.
Unless Reed has the wind to his back his kickoffs usually hit between the 5 and 10yd line........that adds even more pressure on the coverage team not to give up a big return.

To think we had Rob Bironas in camp a few years back.