PDA

View Full Version : Jets. Bills Weakest Links in Dim Playoff Hopes

steelspikes
12-16-2013, 02:16 PM
To clarify, if possible, the very unfavorable remaining hopes Steelerites have for seeing their team in the 2013 Playoffs.
The unlikely key revolves around the Dolphins losing on the road @ Buffalo, and then @ home to the Jets. Jets also need to beat the Browns @ home on Sunday. In other words: a five-way tie that includes the Jets, Dolphins, Steelers, and/or Balt. & San Diego, favors Pitt. Of course 3 of the above can still go 9-7. Any 8-8 tie scenario that includes Jets & Steelers favors Pitt. That being said the old saying that "anything can happen" does apply, though the probability is probably lower than the completion rate of a "Hail Mary" pass to the end zone.

Real Deal Steel
12-16-2013, 04:58 PM
In divisional games, anything can happen.

LASVEGASGUY
12-16-2013, 07:22 PM
In divisional games, anything can happen.

You guys are still holding out hope? The worst the Dolphins can finish is 8-8. The best we can finish is 8-8 and we lost to Miami. That equals eliminated.

TarlsQtr
12-16-2013, 07:37 PM
You guys are still holding out hope? The worst the Dolphins can finish is 8-8. The best we can finish is 8-8 and we lost to Miami. That equals eliminated.

Not if it is a three way tie with the Jets and Phins.

Big T
12-16-2013, 07:45 PM

If jets win out and Dolphins lose out they both finish 8-8 but the jets would be ahead of them in the division standings.

Big T
12-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Not if it is a three way tie with the Jets and Phins.

Whoops. Beat me to it lol.

steelchamp204
12-16-2013, 07:53 PM
We were done this season when we lost to the Ravens to be honest, we had all the momentum going into that game and we just couldn't do it. I know we were still very well in it after the Thanksgiving loss, then the topper was when we lost to the Dolphins in the god damn snow up North.

Nolrog
12-17-2013, 06:13 AM

You don't understand the playoff tiebreaker system. When multiple teams are involved (multiple means three or more), head-to-head goes out the window.

coldrolled
12-17-2013, 06:31 AM
OMG... It is over. we lost to 8 teams... we make every QB look like a HOF QB... Our D is not real good.

steelspikes
12-18-2013, 11:30 AM
We were done this season when we lost to the Ravens to be honest, we had all the momentum going into that game and we just couldn't do it. I know we were still very well in it after the Thanksgiving loss, then the topper was when we lost to the Dolphins in the god damn snow up North.
Have to agree. When this season is all summed up those 2 losses will be universally seen as the death knell.

steelchamp204
12-18-2013, 11:40 AM
It just frustrates the hell out of me how Flat we came out against the Vikings/Raiders. If we won them two games. I believe we would be a Wild Card without a doubt. I know, I know, it didn't happen. But losing to Cassel and Pryor are inexcusable.

Real Deal Steel
12-18-2013, 12:03 PM
It just frustrates the hell out of me how Flat we came out against the Vikings/Raiders. If we won them two games. I believe we would be a Wild Card without a doubt. I know, I know, it didn't happen. But losing to Cassel and Pryor are inexcusable.

Totally agree.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-18-2013, 12:22 PM
We don't deserve to be in the playoffs this year, rebuild with a strong draft, bring in a NEW DC and we will be ok, yea i like they way this offense has been preforming lately so i wouldn't mind if Haley stays, as long as him and Ben are not beefing.

steelspikes
12-19-2013, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=steelchamp204;569231]It just frustrates the hell out of me how Flat we came out against the Vikings/Raiders. If we won them two games. I believe we would be a Wild Card without a doubt. I know, I know, it didn't happen. But losing to Cassel and Pryor are inexcusable.[/OTE]

Agree, those were some games I'd rather forget; but more frustrating was the Steelers' inability to put down key competitors in Weeks 13 & 14, that could have redeemed the season.

Dean Denton
12-19-2013, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=steelchamp204;569231]It just frustrates the hell out of me how Flat we came out against the Vikings/Raiders. If we won them two games. I believe we would be a Wild Card without a doubt. I know, I know, it didn't happen. But losing to Cassel and Pryor are inexcusable.[/OTE]

Agree, those were some games I'd rather forget; but more frustrating was the Steelers' inability to put down key competitors in Weeks 13 & 14, that could have redeemed the season.

Vikings, Raiders, Dolphins, Ravens, Bears, bengals... I think we are better then all of these teams, so you can pick any combination of these and say, if we, but the fact remains they were all better then us when they had to be. Patriots???? I don't know. They seem to have our number so I'm not throwing them n the mix, but you can make a case that we should have beat them too. We just can't close teams out. We lack the mental toughness to be winners...

steelchamp204
12-20-2013, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE=steelspikes;569415]

Vikings, Raiders, Dolphins, Ravens, Bears, bengals... I think we are better then all of these teams, so you can pick any combination of these and say, if we, but the fact remains they were all better then us when they had to be. Patriots???? I don't know. They seem to have our number so I'm not throwing them n the mix, but you can make a case that we should have beat them too. We just can't close teams out. We lack the mental toughness to be winners...

Or defensive scheme.