PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins special-teams coach fined for being on field

Big T
12-15-2013, 01:38 PM
So much for the $100,000 fine imposed on Steelers coach Mike Tomlin keeping coaches out of the white stripe and/or off the field.

According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, Dolphins special-teams coach Darren Rizzi was on the field and collided with an official as Steelers safety Troy Polamalu returned a missed field goal with a couple of laterals just before halftime of the Week 14 game at Heinz Field.

No flag was thrown.

Per Glazer, who had video of the incident, Rizzi quietly was fined $10,000 this week. The difference in punishments between Rizzi and Tomlin surely arises from the difference in title and responsibility. The Dolphins apparently weren’t fined separately for the infraction.

The officials’ failure to throw the flag, which would have given the Steelers an untimed down from the Miami 26 in a game ultimately decided by six points, strengthens the case for adding this specific violation to the list of plays that can be reversed via replay.

We’ve previously reported that the league isn’t inclined to give teams a way to play “gotcha” when a coach strays into the white stripe behind a play. Still, teams currently can secure via replay review five extra yards if a 350-pound lineman fails to get off the field when lumbering to the sideline away from the action. Why not expand that to include coaches who are on the field or in the white stripe?

If fines after the fact don’t clear out the white stripe, a real-time award of field position will.

So during a week when coaches being on the field is under a microscope and there's all this emphasis on making sure a flag is thrown, a coach is on the field, makes contact with a ref and isn't flagged. Not that we can really bitch about it. But the media attention this infraction received throughout the week and it happens again, with no flag, is hilarious. Who knows what impact it would've had on the game. The Steelers would've had an untimed down from the dolphins 25 yard line.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/video?vid=45a75525-4cdf-46f4-a9dd-51ee213f46eb&cmpid=tw:foxsports:nflonfox

Speeed
12-15-2013, 02:36 PM
He should loose his parking spot too. Because yeah, that makes sense. I bet that is on that Goodell's "Wheel O' Punishment" that hangs proudly on his office wall. He spins it to levy punishment on his subjects. The spin for Tomlin just happened to land on "Lose TBD Draft Pick."

There is probably stuff like:

"No Ice Cream For A Week"
"Not Allowed to Wear Underwear On Monday Night Games For A Season"
"Spin Again"
"Must Walk Backwards Into And Out Of the Locker Room For 3 Games"
"Truth Or Dare"
"No Ice Cream For You"

The list goes on . . .

TarlsQtr
12-15-2013, 02:56 PM
So during a week when coaches being on the field is under a microscope and there's all this emphasis on making sure a flag is thrown, a coach is on the field, makes contact with a ref and isn't flagged. Not that we can really bitch about it. But the media attention this infraction received throughout the week and it happens again, with no flag, is hilarious. Who knows what impact it would've had on the game. The Steelers would've had an untimed down from the dolphins 25 yard line.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/video?vid=45a75525-4cdf-46f4-a9dd-51ee213f46eb&cmpid=tw:foxsports:nflonfox

But wait. This nNEVER happens, right RDS? He should be fired immediately, as it is an embarrassment to the game and the once proud Dolphin franchise, right RDS?

As Harbaugh said, "It happens."

LatrobePA
12-15-2013, 06:04 PM
But wait. This nNEVER happens, right RDS? He should be fired immediately, as it is an embarrassment to the game and the once proud Dolphin franchise, right RDS?

As Harbaugh said, "It happens."

Some of you jackasses love to stir up drama!!

TarlsQtr
12-15-2013, 08:09 PM

I contend that the "drama" has been stirred up by the "Tomlinisworsethanthedevil" crew.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-16-2013, 12:22 AM
I contend that the "drama" has been stirred up by the "Tomlinisworsethanthedevil" crew.

RIGHT LMAOOOOOOOOOO

Real Deal Steel
12-16-2013, 12:40 AM

Latrobe, the fact that he had to jump on this proves my point. What HEAD COACH does this???? He had to run to find some special team coach to help justify the unjustifiable.

Proves my point even more. Thanks Tarlsqtr.

Real Deal Steel
12-16-2013, 12:43 AM
And who said "Tomlin is worse the the devil" ?? Now that's drama. Making up stuff that people didn't say is just like a woman. It is real sad that men now a days have more estrogen then woman. Real sad times we are in.

I apologize for Tarlsqtr to all the correctly chemical balanced men in the poster room. Tarlsqtr hasn't had his testosterone shot lately.

TarlsQtr
12-16-2013, 01:02 AM
And who said "Tomlin is worse the the devil" ?? Now that's drama. Making up stuff that people didn't say is just like a woman. It is real sad that men now a days have more estrogen then woman. Real sad times we are in.

I apologize for Tarlsqtr to all the correctly chemical balanced men in the poster room. Tarlsqtr hasn't had his testosterone shot lately.

Lol Are you a fundamentalist preacher or someone else who takes things 100 percent literally? You are a douche too but no one questions me using that word even though we all know that you have never seen the inside of a vagina.

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2013, 06:19 AM
I heard this is the "hanging on Tomlin's nuts" thread. Am I in the right place?

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2013, 06:21 AM
Lol Are you a fundamentalist preacher or someone else who takes things 100 percent literally? You are a douche too but no one questions me using that word even though we all know that you have never seen the inside of a vagina.

Why do you talk about everyone's sexual preferences, orientation and experiences? How many vagina insides have you seen? Your wife's? Show us a picture to prove it.

TarlsQtr
12-16-2013, 08:07 AM
Why do you talk about everyone's sexual preferences, orientation and experiences? How many vagina insides have you seen? Your wife's? Show us a picture to prove it.

You are the one asking about people's marital situation. Keep trying and someone is bound to say yes to you someday. It is not my fault the hooker laughed at you.

Real Deal Steel
12-16-2013, 12:08 PM
I heard this is the "hanging on Tomlin's nuts" thread. Am I in the right place?

Yes..there is a certain poster who hangs on Tomlin's pubic hairs by his teeth while gently cajoling his nuts. :thinking:

LatrobePA
12-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Wow...

steelchamp204
12-16-2013, 01:23 PM
This thread has gotten way out of hand. lol. Nuts/titties and vaginas and even a dead wife.

LatrobePA
12-16-2013, 01:31 PM
This thread has gotten way out of hand. lol. Nuts/titties and vaginas and even a dead wife.

Pubes as well.. Do people actually think Trip'n Tomlin has pubes?? Hell no, he's all waxed!

steelchamp204
12-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Pubes as well.. Do people actually think Trip'n Tomlin has pubes?? Hell no, he's all waxed!

Jarvis Jones probably made Tomlin eat a Subway sandwich after all that. Jarvis who??

chisteeler
12-16-2013, 02:12 PM

Waxing...? I'm not sure if Tomlin would subscribe to that.

LatrobePA
12-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Waxing...? I'm not sure if Tomlin would subscribe to that.

Maybe not at this JUNCTURE, but I'm sure if he did wax it would be a major BLUNDER.

Big T
12-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Despite the widespread attention devoted to Steelers coach Mike Tomlin stepping on the field during a kickoff on Thanksgiving, NFL coaches are still stepping on the field during plays. And NFL officials are still refusing to call penalties.

The latest example came on Monday night, when 49ers linebacker NaVorro Bowman sealed a win over the Falcons with an interception return for a touchdown. At the start of that play, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was on the field. When Bowman intercepted the ball and ran the other way, Harbaugh turned and ran too, and so did the official on the sideline, about seven or eight yards beyond Harbaugh. As the official trailed the play, he appeared to alter his path to avoid colliding with Harbaugh, as well as the many other 49ers players and coaches who stepped into the white boundary area to get a closer look at Bowman’s return.

Harbaugh’s violation was nowhere near as flagrant as Tomlin’s because Tomlin was directly in the path of Ravens return man Jacoby Jones, while Harbaugh wasn’t in the path of any players on the field. But Harbaugh was in the official’s way, and the officials are supposed to be focused on the play, not on making sure they don’t run into players and coaches near the sideline. If the official hadn’t noticed Harbaugh, there could have been a collision, just as there was a collision between an official and Dolphins special teams coach Darren Rizzi two weeks ago.

Harbaugh wasn’t flagged and Rizzi wasn’t flagged and Tomlin wasn’t flagged. For whatever reason, NFL officials just don’t flag coaches for standing on the field during plays. Perhaps it will take a coach actually knocking a player to the ground for officials to do something.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/24/jim-harbaugh-stood-on-the-field-during-bowmans-pick-six/

Real Deal Steel
12-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Big T

I saw that play; and they showed it too. They should have fined him on general principal. If I were Tomlin, I"d file an appeal based on that. Might not win the appeal but it sure will put a light on the hypocrisy of the league.

Nolrog
12-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Looked to me like Harbaugh was on the field last night during the interception return for a TD as well.

Big T
12-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Looked to me like Harbaugh was on the field last night during the interception return for a TD as well.

Ya I posted an article about it on the previous page