PDA

View Full Version : Haley and Bad Boy Ben

Dean Denton
12-12-2013, 04:36 AM
Watching inside the NFL and Collinsworth, Simms and Brown all think this is a great pair and a wonderful marriage with a massive upside. Chris knows Ben and Arians were great friends and Ben was butt hurt when Bruce was cut loose. They all thought that would happen. But what has been happening with Ben the last two seasons as been pretty awesome. Chris wants all the haters to try and pick out what plays were crap against the dolphins. Not the execution of the play, but the play called. He thinks Ben has been playing at a level that Arians never got Ben to. And it would be a mistake to get rid of Haley at this point. Do ya really want to try and have Ben learn yet another system? I don't. I think we need to get better weapons, 1 or 2 and get that defense in order. Ben and Haley can and will work. Defense got to step up next year though...

DBR96A
12-12-2013, 07:23 AM
Last season I noticed Ben Roethlisberger getting rid of the ball quicker, at least prior to his injury. I've noticed it again this season as well. And even during the 0-4 start, I'd been saying that I saw what Todd Haley was trying to do, and it made sense. It just hadn't yet come together. It appears to have been coming together since the Lions game. There are still some aspects that need work; the running game has to get better, and the red-zone offense does as well, though I've seen a positive trend in the last two games. But anybody who says that the offense isn't working at all is a fool. At this point all that's needed is a tall, physical WR, whether it's Derek Moye, Justin Brown or a draft pick, and some health and continuity on the offensive line.

ChucktownSteeler
12-12-2013, 07:27 AM
The passing game is not too bad, but you need balance to win. Out running game currently may be the worst in the NFL.

Big T
12-12-2013, 07:57 AM
The Redzone offense has actually improved a lot throughout the season. Especially Ben. I don't have the percentages and I'm too lazy to look them up, but the last month or more it seems like they tend to score a TD more often than not when they're down there.

Saw a couple stats a few days ago... Since week 9, Ben is third in the league in yards (5th on the year) and is tied with Peyton Manning with 16 TD passes.

Dean Denton
12-12-2013, 08:17 AM
The Redzone offense has actually improved a lot throughout the season. Especially Ben. I don't have the percentages and I'm too lazy to look them up, but the last month or more it seems like they tend to score a TD more often than not when they're down there.

Saw a couple stats a few days ago... Since week 9, Ben is third in the league in yards (5th on the year) and is tied with Peyton Manning with 16 TD passes.
These are telling stats too.Because he was doing this last year until the injury. I think this is in large part to having Bell back and running better. Losing Plexico and not having Heath early on hurt our red zone. But this can work. I see it in Ben getting that ball out so much faster, and wasnt that the point of Haley? I'm really starting to buy into this big picture. As long as we have Ben, I think I'm on board with Haley.

LatrobePA
12-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Offense hasn't been losing us games... The D can't get off the field even against subpar QB's... I think a change there is needed, Haley and Ben need another year!

K Train
12-12-2013, 09:02 AM
coaches and players dont have to be BFFs, i think they have something good going.

Ive been clamoring for a top WR this year, haley is a WR guy though...the fact that heath had such a great year under haley speaks about the talent level of miller. Realistically haley likes a bigger guy like TO, boldin, bowe, baldwin but really uses the other guys so well (terry glenn in dallas, breaston in AZ) and brown is better than those guys

Dean Denton
12-12-2013, 09:07 AM
coaches and players dont have to be BFFs, i think they have something good going.

Ive been clamoring for a top WR this year, haley is a WR guy though...the fact that heath had such a great year under haley speaks about the talent level of miller. Realistically haley likes a bigger guy like TO, boldin, bowe, baldwin but really uses the other guys so well (terry glenn in dallas, breaston in AZ) and brown is better than those guys

Are there any big WR like Bowe or Boldin that would be there for us in the second round? Or, is there anything worth wild in FA?

K Train
12-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Donte Moncrief

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpOHRPmhErw

Mike Evans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl2OfgKbEBs

steelchamp204
12-12-2013, 09:25 AM
I'm all about Moncreif in the 3rd if we can get a 3rd. That's why I am going defense 2 first rnds.

coldrolled
12-12-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm all about Moncreif in the 3rd if we can get a 3rd. That's why I am going defense 2 first rnds.

Bo Wallace is alright too.

jpele
12-12-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm a Haley hater, yea Ben and Haley are doing some great thing with the offense but Haley doesn't have the knowledge to create a game plan.

2 weeks ago against the Ravens we played the entire first half trying to feel our way into the game,we play the Ravens twice a year, why wouldn't we come out attacking ?

Last week Bell was running great 4.5 yds a clip. He had 15 carries 10 of those came in the first half. We needed him in the second half to keep the ball away from Miami because our defense can't keep anyone from scoring.

Pick any game, the no huddle works and it works well, yet Haley refuses to allow Ben control.

Although I dislike Haley I wish he would work on his game planning a little more.

K Train
12-12-2013, 09:56 AM
"He doesnt have the knowledge to create a gameplan"

come on now, he has called some great games this year. Theres been some poor execution, injuries, ect....but i hardly think its a lack of knowledge. Arians had knowledge, he was a shotty playcaller though.

The personnel isnt quite there yet either imo

jpele
12-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Maybe knowledge was the wrong word to use, he really needs help making a game plan. Look at the above post, he leaves me scratching my head more often than not.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-12-2013, 10:00 AM
"He doesnt have the knowledge to create a gameplan"

come on now, he has called some great games this year. Theres been some poor execution, injuries, ect....but i hardly think its a lack of knowledge. Arians had knowledge, he was a shotty playcaller though.

The personnel isnt quite there yet either imo

The playcalling, as a whole, this year... has been the best in a long time IMO

steelchamp204
12-12-2013, 10:01 AM
I think the offense has very good weapons besides Sanders, even though I think he is the whipping boy on here at times.

Haley and this offense need to put together a game for ALL 4 QUARTERS. Not 2 quarters a game.

jpele
12-12-2013, 10:07 AM
The playcalling, as a whole, this year... has been the best in a long time IMO

Though I can't disagree, the great play calling has only been for 2 or 3 quarters a game.

Real Deal Steel
12-12-2013, 10:20 AM
I think the offense has very good weapons besides Sanders, even though I think he is the whipping boy on here at times.

Haley and this offense need to put together a game for ALL 4 QUARTERS. Not 2 quarters a game.

How is Sanders a "whipping boy" ????????????/

Sanders is the one who is inconsistant and droppping passes all the time. How is that being a "whipping boy"??? It is up to him (and him alone) to catch passes that fall into his hands and stomach.

It's amazing how people make excuses for others. Sanders has been dropping passes all year long. There isn't a game this year he hasn't dropped a pass that was catchable and we're being too hard on him? Wow. Amazing.

coldrolled
12-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Though I can't disagree, the great play calling has only been for 2 or 3 quarters a game.

That kinda goes hand in hand with the crappy OL and run game.. We are out of balance, Cody Wallace was the Center last week... Adams did great at LT in protection.. But there is no run game with this ever changing OL.. They are not working together to make a great running attack. There is always a new OL, as long as they can give ben time we move the chains well pass more.. so we end up passing and no running.. hence 2 quarters of goose eggs.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-12-2013, 10:40 AM

I think the anger regarding the 1st half is being misapplied to playcalling, when it should be applied to execution.

K Train
12-12-2013, 10:41 AM
How is Sanders a "whipping boy" ????????????/

Sanders is the one who is inconsistant and droppping passes all the time. How is that being a "whipping boy"??? It is up to him (and him alone) to catch passes that fall into his hands and stomach.

It's amazing how people make excuses for others. Sanders has been dropping passes all year long. There isn't a game this year he hasn't dropped a pass that was catchable and we're being too hard on him? Wow. Amazing.

I cringe when they throw him the ball...theres not enough garbage time TDs in the world that could make up for for some of his drops

steelchamp204
12-12-2013, 10:43 AM
http://www.sportingcharts.com/NFL/stats/drops/2013/

Do your own research. Pretty funny how Sanders and Brown have the same drop % and Sanders on record this season has 3 dropped passes. Even though Brown has 10% more targets than Sanders.

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=24057&team=23

3 drops to NBC sports also. If it weren't for the debacle in Baltimore, this would be no issue.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-12-2013, 10:47 AM
http://www.sportingcharts.com/NFL/stats/drops/2013/

Do your own research. Pretty funny how Sanders and Brown have the same drop % and Sanders on record this season has 3 dropped passes. Even though Brown has 10% more targets than Sanders.

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=24057&team=23

3 drops to NBC sports also. If it weren't for the debacle in Baltimore, this would be no issue.

Brown's numbers, in total, are elite...

LatrobePA
12-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Should of taken the 3rd for Sanders...

steelchamp204
12-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Brown's numbers, in total, are elite...

Yes the are. But some still think Sanders in a #2. He is a legit number 3 WR, hell. You can make a strong case for Cotchery being a #2 on this team this season. But some think Sanders is a #2 due to being younger and having a higher ceiling instead of realizing, he is just a #3 in any system.

I truly think Brown is a #1

TarlsQtr
12-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Yes the are. But some still think Sanders in a #2. He is a legit number 3 WR, hell. You can make a strong case for Cotchery being a #2 on this team this season. But some think Sanders is a #2 due to being younger and having a higher ceiling instead of realizing, he is just a #3 in any system.

I truly think Brown is a #1

I agree with your analysis throughout this thread.

So many have as their definition of "drop": A non-catch of a ball that came within 5 yards of someone I do not like.

Sanders is approaching 700 yards and has 5 TDs (AB has 7)with 3 games to go.

I have a feeling that a team like the Lions would love that production next to Calvin.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Kelvin Benjamin.......

steelchamp204
12-12-2013, 12:56 PM
I agree with your analysis throughout this thread.

So many have as their definition of "drop": A non-catch of a ball that came within 5 yards of someone I do not like.

Sanders is approaching 700 yards and has 5 TDs (AB has 7)with 3 games to go.

I have a feeling that a team like the Lions would love that production next to Calvin.

That's why I think it is hilarious. To say Sanders hasn't been the whipping boy is complete lies. Besides Ben, no one else has been flamed more than Sanders. If that were Sanders who stepped out of bounds instead of Brown. Holy hell.

Big T
12-12-2013, 01:30 PM
I think the anger regarding the 1st half is being misapplied to playcalling, when it should be applied to execution.

Shhhhh... I wouldn't say that too loudly. NYC might. One in here and make you his "bitch" again.

Big T
12-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Kelvin Benjamin.......

The more I watch the more he grows on me. I really like Benjamin.

K Train
12-12-2013, 02:39 PM
I doubt benjamin leaves FSU.

Typically i hate sophomores and think they should always stay at least one more year, but i would doubt Evans does if manziel bolts

Big T
12-12-2013, 02:52 PM
I doubt benjamin leaves FSU.

Typically i hate sophomores and think they should always stay at least one more year, but i would doubt Evans does if manziel bolts

I agree. Benjamin is a man out there though. I see him staying though. If Winston was a redshirt sophomore or later and ended up declaring for the draft, I could see it. But since he's not going anywhere this year Benjamin probably stays too.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2013, 03:24 PM
The more I watch the more he grows on me. I really like Benjamin.

Yea I probably would give up my right testicle for him to end up a Steeler......He might not come out but you never know what goes through a players mind......

I really like Mike Evans as well....Really Evans or Benjamin for me......If the Steelers don't take a WR in the first then I'm all for a WR like Moncrief....I like Moncrief as well.....There are other WR's that I like in the later rounds but I want WR's with some height and no more freaking smurfs......

K Train
12-12-2013, 03:35 PM
i dont need height, but size in general. Watkins and Moncrief arent neccesarily tall but they have a good frame and more range than any guy we have right now

Big T
12-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Watkins <3

K Train
12-12-2013, 04:07 PM
I wish just for one second we could talk football without ravaging each others bodies sexually.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-12-2013, 04:11 PM
I wish just for one second we could talk football without ravaging each others bodies sexually.

Some people have obsessions

steelchamp204
12-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Let's get back on thread topic please.

NYCsteelersfan
12-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Sorry

Watkins <3

Dean Denton
12-12-2013, 09:27 PM
No Watkins, no WR in the 1st. Defense!!!!! Jesus, what have we been talking about. Ain't no one tryin to draft another 6' WR in the first round...

Big T
12-12-2013, 10:48 PM
No Watkins, no WR in the 1st. Defense!!!!! Jesus, what have we been talking about. Ain't no one tryin to draft another 6' WR in the first round...

Watkins is 6'1 and if you have the opportunity to draft an elite offensive weapon, you do it. Especially on a team that WR isn't necessarily a strength.

Dean Denton
12-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Watkins is 6'1 and if you have the opportunity to draft an elite offensive weapon, you do it. Especially on a team that WR isn't necessarily a strength.
Still, even with him maybe being an elite weapon I can't see it. Our offense hasn't been so bad, but our defense is a flat out mess with holes all over the place. We need a ton of youth in the secondary and serious help with the pass rush. I think we are in far more need of an elite player on defense.

Big T
12-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Still, even with him maybe being an elite weapon I can't see it. Our offense hasn't been so bad, but our defense is a flat out mess with holes all over the place. We need a ton of youth in the secondary and serious help with the pass rush. I think we are in far more need of an elite player on defense.

Fine, but if an elite defensive player isn't there, you don't reach for a defensive player just to do it. Especially if an elite offensive player is on the board. BPA is the way to go with a team that has as many potential holes as this one.

Dean Denton
12-13-2013, 12:11 AM
Fine, but if an elite defensive player isn't there, you don't reach for a defensive player just to do it. Especially if an elite offensive player is on the board. BPA is the way to go with a team that has as many potential holes as this one.

I agree with you on BPA and not reaching for a def player, but if either Barr or Mack are there or a bad a$$ CB I think we have to go for it. You think Haley comes back?

Big T
12-13-2013, 01:32 AM
I agree with you on BPA and not reaching for a def player, but if either Barr or Mack are there or a bad a$$ CB I think we have to go for it. You think Haley comes back?

Yes I do. I know a lot of fans don't want to hear that, but I do. If Ben is being truthful when he says, "There is absolutely no issue between Coach Haley and I. I love where this offense is right now." then there's really no reason to make a change. Yes the slow starts are an issue, but this offense has shown it can be effective. The longer an offense is in place the more and more comfortable with it everyone becomes and the more you can do with it. Firing Haley and hiring another coordinator would just mean another new system and all the time it would take to get the offense up to speed. All season I've said that maybe they need to fire Haley and give Ben a substantial amount of input into who they hire next. But if Ben really is buying into it and loves the direction the offense is going then there really is no need to make a change.

Dean Denton
12-13-2013, 03:18 AM
Yeah that's what I think. As I've spent the season bitching about Haley and how Ben would be better off calling his own crap. I've watched the sacks go way down. Way down. I see the ball coming out faster. And all of a sudden Ben has played his best, most efficient football over the last two years. Maybe I should shut up and trust the Rooneys when they make a change. Ben should shut up too. These guys are sitting on a golden ticket and if the defense would step up to, hell top 10 they could win rings. Finally after all these years I see a chance for the offense to really be the stand out unit in a quest for a title. And what's nice is if we get a few pieces on def that can ignite a spark in the unit, the def will fight from keeping the offense from showing them up. Steeler style...

steelchamp204
12-13-2013, 07:53 AM
If we go with any WR in the first. It's Mike Evans.

K Train
12-13-2013, 08:05 AM
"another 6 ft wr"? Most WRs are around 6 ft tall, thats average, and most WRs that are 6-5 are terrible and run sloppy, slow and rounded out routes

Watkins is 6-1 and plays taller than that. You cant just say DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFESNE thats not how it works. A top offense goes a long way towards getting wins.

Defensively they have needs, but with the picks invested in defense the last few years id imagine you are going to see a lot of players playing at a much higher level next year...heyward, worilds, jones, shamarko. THe jump from year 1 to year two for jarvis and shamarko should be very significant

steelchamp204
12-13-2013, 08:18 AM
If we're going WR in the first, I am trading back and getting Robinson, I've been on this kid for a long time. You can make an argument he is just as good as Watkins, maybe not better but they can be put on the same platform. It would be a reach at 10 possibly but I think after combine he move up to about 15 range in the draft easily.

Trade back and get a 3rd or a 2nd if lucky.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-13-2013, 09:15 AM
If we're going WR in the first, I am trading back and getting Robinson, I've been on this kid for a long time. You can make an argument he is just as good as Watkins, maybe not better but they can be put on the same platform. It would be a reach at 10 possibly but I think after combine he move up to about 15 range in the draft easily.

Trade back and get a 3rd or a 2nd if lucky.

Robinson is making his way up my board. He's in my top 20 now, and he's passed Vandy's Matthews for #2, and Evans #3.

But, Watkins is still the far superior talent, who separates himself entirely from the pack of other 1st-2nd round talents (Robinson, Evans, Matthews, Lee, Benjamin).

It's a good WR class. And I'd be thrilled with any of those guys (although, I'm not a fan of Lee, and I think Evans and Matthews are "risky" picks).

Right now, I don't expect Watkins to be available with our pick. And with that in mind, I'd be thrilled if we took Robinson. You don't trade down when their is a highly skilled player available.

steelchamp204
12-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Robinson is making his way up my board. He's in my top 20 now, and he's passed Vandy's Matthews for #2, and Evans #3.

But, Watkins is still the far superior talent, who separates himself entirely from the pack of other 1st-2nd round talents (Robinson, Evans, Matthews, Lee, Benjamin).

It's a good WR class. And I'd be thrilled with any of those guys (although, I'm not a fan of Lee, and I think Evans and Matthews are "risky" picks).

Right now, I don't expect Watkins to be available with our pick. And with that in mind, I'd be thrilled if we took Robinson. You don't trade down when their is a highly skilled player available.

I can say I don't really understand all the hype with Watkins, but to be fair, I have only seen him play a few games here and there. I watched PSU every Sat being a PSU fan that I am. So I don't buy into the Watkins hype only because I haven't seen much of him.

Maybe it's just I get the feeling that if we don't draft Watkins/Evans in the first, then there are no other WR we should take, when in all honesty. You can make an argument for

1. Robinson
2. Mathews

I firmly believe, I know this is a weak argument. That if you put Robinson/Mathews on the Clemson offense, they could put up simliar numbers as to what Watkins did at Clemson. By no mean, am I bashing Watkins here. I just feel there was more talent on Clemson to where other options on offense benefited Watkins some as to where Robinson/Mathews are what defense strategized around week after week because there weren't really any other offensive threats on there teams respectively.

I don't think you can go wrong with either Watkins/Evans/Robinson/Mathews, but to make it seems if we don't get Watkins/Evans by pick twelve then there are no other top playmakers at the WR worth taking in the first because it would be "reaching"

NeilPatrickBanana
12-13-2013, 09:58 AM
I can say I don't really understand all the hype with Watkins, but to be fair, I have only seen him play a few games here and there. I watched PSU every Sat being a PSU fan that I am. So I don't buy into the Watkins hype only because I haven't seen much of him.

Maybe it's just I get the feeling that if we don't draft Watkins/Evans in the first, then there are no other WR we should take, when in all honesty. You can make an argument for

1. Robinson
2. Mathews

I firmly believe, I know this is a weak argument. That if you put Robinson/Mathews on the Clemson offense, they could put up simliar numbers as to what Watkins did at Clemson. By no mean, am I bashing Watkins here. I just feel there was more talent on Clemson to where other options on offense benefited Watkins some as to where Robinson/Mathews are what defense strategized around week after week because there weren't really any other offensive threats on there teams respectively.

I don't think you can go wrong with either Watkins/Evans/Robinson/Mathews, but to make it seems if we don't get Watkins/Evans by pick twelve then there are no other top playmakers at the WR worth taking in the first because it would be "reaching"

I don't really care about numbers/stats when it comes to evaluating college players.

Watkins is on another level.

K Train
12-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Keenan Allen is a guy i really liked but looking back, damn, even i got too caught up in the measuables and timed speed. The guy is a stud and he always was, overanalysis is a bitch

Watkins is the real deal

steelchamp204
12-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Ok, SO i have heard Roby is a 2nd round pick. I heard he is a mid 1st. Where the heck is he to you guys???If he is there in the 2nd for sure, I would def go WR in the first. But we need a top tier prospect for CB, then draft Aaron Donald in the 3rd, if we even get a 3rd for DL, I would be happy withthat

wr
db
dl

NeilPatrickBanana
12-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Keenan Allen is a guy i really liked but looking back, damn, even i got too caught up in the measuables and timed speed. The guy is a stud and he always was, overanalysis is a bitch

Watkins is the real deal

yea, we did...

NeilPatrickBanana
12-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Ok, SO i have heard Roby is a 2nd round pick. I heard he is a mid 1st. Where the heck is he to you guys???If he is there in the 2nd for sure, I would def go WR in the first. But we need a top tier prospect for CB, then draft Aaron Donald in the 3rd, if we even get a 3rd for DL, I would be happy withthat

wr
db
dl

Top tier WR in the 1st, and a big school CB that slips to us in the 2nd... yea, that's a perfect scenario

side note... if the draft falls a certain way... and Louis Nix is on the board... (and Watkins is gone)... I don't know how we pass on him

Heyward and Nix up front, combined with the hope that Jarvis Jones becomes what we drafted him to be.... could really change things

steelchamp204
12-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Top tier WR in the 1st, and a big school CB that slips to us in the 2nd... yea, that's a perfect scenario

side note... if the draft falls a certain way... and Louis Nix is on the board... (and Watkins is gone)... I don't know how we pass on him

Heyward and Nix up front, combined with the hope that Jarvis Jones becomes what we drafted him to be.... could really change things

I was on Nix's nuts(no homo) a while back. The you guys got me all hype going offense in the 1st and then I reverted back to defense, but for a CB.

This draft will be interesting to see. That's why I am all for Aaron Donald, but I doubt we will have a 3rd round pick this year. Nix no doubt will be there in the first when we pick, it all just comes down to if we go offense or defense first.

If we go offense in the first, there is no doubt the only position we go with is WR

If we go defense,the only position(s) I can think of is DL/CB

So imho, if really comes down to

Wr/CB/DL

NeilPatrickBanana
12-13-2013, 10:20 AM
I was on Nix's nuts(no homo) a while back. The you guys got me all hype going offense in the 1st and then I reverted back to defense, but for a CB.

This draft will be interesting to see. That's why I am all for Aaron Donald, but I doubt we will have a 3rd round pick this year. Nix no doubt will be there in the first when we pick, it all just comes down to if we go offense or defense first.

If we go offense in the first, there is no doubt the only position we go with is WR

If we go defense,the only position(s) I can think of is DL/CB

So imho, if really comes down to

Wr/CB/DL

Really? I think Nix is arguably the 2nd/3rd best defensive player in the draft. If it wasn't for so many QB needy teams, he'd be a lock for the top 5.

I think there's a chance he can slip because of team needs in the top 10, but to be sure (no doubt), that he'll be there for us seems a little crazy

LatrobePA
12-13-2013, 10:22 AM
All this draft talk in December makes my head hurt! Can't believe another year not making the playoffs!

WindyCityShaker
12-13-2013, 10:23 AM

It's moments like this I wish Quest were here. I'm sure he has binders of scouting reports and high school box scores to tell us why Nix would be a horrible pick.

steelchamp204
12-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Really? I think Nix is arguably the 2nd/3rd best defensive player in the draft. If it wasn't for so many QB needy teams, he'd be a lock for the top 5.

I think there's a chance he can slip because of team needs in the top 10, but to be sure (no doubt), that he'll be there for us seems a little crazy

I'm just feeling very optimistic today :)

I think he is there at 10, but I doubt he makes it past 13.

Real Deal Steel
12-13-2013, 10:30 AM

Watkins is the real deal

I hear ya K. I too kinda knocked him down becuase of the measurables. I want that big WR compliment to all the smurfs we have. That red zone target. Maybe Kelvin Benjamin of Florida St.

steelchamp204
12-13-2013, 10:33 AM
I hear ya K. I too kinda knocked him down becuase of the measurables. I want that big WR compliment to all the smurfs we have. That red zone target. Maybe Kelvin Benjamin of Florida St.

I doubt Benjamin goes to the draft, he will be even higher next season come draft time with Winston throwing the ball around.

K Train
12-13-2013, 11:33 AM

wr
db
dl
you LOVE aaron donald lol

Realistically hes a bitch to place, hes more of an Under Tackle prospect that can kick outside on a 43 line (Lamar Houston-esque???) Hes disruptive, but not really what we are looking for

steelchamp204
12-13-2013, 12:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3YKvx6LcBs

I know, I just think this kid would be dominant on LE and Heyward on RE, could be a nightmare. Have Hood play NT?

K Train
12-13-2013, 12:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3YKvx6LcBs

I know, I just think this kid would be dominant on LE and Heyward on RE, could be a nightmare. Have Hood play NT?

His technique and relentlessness is impressive

LatrobePA
12-13-2013, 12:16 PM
What round do you guys see Hyde going?

steelchamp204
12-13-2013, 12:20 PM

That's exactly what to look at, his hands are what's important also. If the blockers cant get there hands on you, you will be disruptive. With Heyward coming on he will get doubled teamed a ton, we need someone on LE to take the pressure off and you would have Worilds on the outside of the LE, that would be dominant.

Only one can dream though.

But we all know how the Rooneys love hometown kids. It could happen.

Real Deal Steel
12-13-2013, 12:42 PM

Love to add him to our team but we have other needs that could be more pressing. That secondary we have is creaky.

K Train
12-13-2013, 12:49 PM
It goes both ways...our secondary has never been a world beating one, but they were never a 20 sack a year team either

steelchamp204
12-13-2013, 01:33 PM
It goes both ways...our secondary has never been a world beating one, but they were never a 20 sack a year team either

Sacks would go up if they played man more often than zone, but it's not DL scheme. Playing 10 yards off is part of the reason why we can't get sacks.

K Train
12-13-2013, 01:44 PM
i mean that not entirely true, theyve been a 50+ sack team with this scheme, theres not enough pressure being generated right now. The fans love to say "10 yards off" and yes, sure sometimes...but realistically its 4-7 yards off most of the time and its not like they are being destroyed underneath because of it. Man coverage only works if you have th players to do it, not saying we dont have a few, but its easier said than done and both our corners are better in zone

steelchamp204
12-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Maybe what I said came off to strong, It's part of the reason, but not all the reason I should have said. It would contribute to some more "coverage sacks", that we haven't had to many of it seems.

coldrolled
12-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Maybe what I said came off to strong, It's part of the reason, but not all the reason I should have said. It would contribute to some more "coverage sacks", that we haven't had to many of it seems.

Your right.. 100&#37; press coverage is the way to go.. you cant beat brady, manning, ben, brees etc.. with zone... its over..
We need CB to cover man to man... until then we will lose like we did in the SB with Rodgers.

The games we beat the Pats etc... we covered and pressed...

Our zone D makes all the QB's we play look awesome..

Ask Pryor.

TarlsQtr
12-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Your right.. 100&#37; press coverage is the way to go.. you cant beat brady, manning, ben, brees etc.. with zone... its over..
We need CB to cover man to man... until then we will lose like we did in the SB with Rodgers.

The games we beat the Pats etc... we covered and pressed...

Our zone D makes all the QB's we play look awesome..

Ask Pryor.

Your overall point is valid but your example sucks. Pryor was terrible against us. Take away his opening run, which had nothing to do with the zone D, and he had a terrible game. I believe he threw for under 100 yards and no passing TDs.

Big T
12-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Your overall point is valid but your example sucks. Pryor was terrible against us. Take away his opening run, which had nothing to do with the zone D, and he had a terrible game. I believe he threw for under 100 yards and no passing TDs.

Along with 2 INTs

coldrolled
12-15-2013, 07:34 AM

Him and Tebow beat us. Braxton Miller could beat us

ChucktownSteeler
12-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Him and Tebow beat us. Braxton Miller could beat us

I won't go that far.

steelchamp204
12-15-2013, 09:56 AM
I won't go that far.

Why not, weren't we beat by Troy Smith also?