PDA

View Full Version : Cyrus Kouandjio

Dean Denton
12-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Matt Millers first mock draft has us taking Cyrus Kouandjio LT with the 10th overall pick. What are your thoughts on him?

questforSB7
12-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Matt Millers first mock draft has us taking Cyrus Kouandjio LT with the 10th overall pick. What are your thoughts on him?

Of the so-called ELITE LT in this draft...I like him the most. I DON'T Hate Matthews...but it's hard to get a read on him cause Johnny Football is always moving around and not in the pocket. As for the Michigan kid...PURE TRASH...And I will bet my life on it. My second favorite PURE LT in this draft is Tony Hurst of UNC.

But I do like Kouandjio.

K Train
12-10-2013, 05:50 PM
I am not high on Lewan but hes not PURE TRASH

questforSB7
12-10-2013, 05:54 PM
I am not high on Lewan but hes not PURE TRASH

That might be true. I was talking more about his LT skills, and him being a top-10 pick. He could make a decent RT...But I don't take POTENTIAL RT in the Top-10.

steelchamp204
12-10-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm going with Dennard/Roby in the first. Then the DT out of FSU in the second. Sorry.

I highly doubt we go LT in the first.

Dean Denton
12-10-2013, 06:53 PM
I'm going with Dennard/Roby in the first. Then the DT out of FSU in the second. Sorry.

Idk, they way we've been drafting it wouldn't surprise me at all.

steelchamp204
12-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Idk, they way we've been drafting it wouldn't surprise me at all.

I just feel this team is way worse on defense than offense. I just think Haley needs to drop his balls and be a little more aggressive.

On a side note:Where the **** has Moye been? He drops one TD pass and gets injured and falls of the face of the earth.

questforSB7
12-10-2013, 06:57 PM

Dennard didn't face any talent at all. The Big-12 was so weak with good QB's or WR's. Dennard is a 16-20 pick in round 1, and Roby is a LATE 2nd rounder, and has alot of Bad Character and off the field Issues...No way do we touch him. As for Timmy Jernigan,,,He can't play 3-4 NT or is anywhere close to a quality DE.

steelchamp204
12-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Dennard didn't face any talent at all. The Big-12 was so weak with good QB's or WR's. Dennard is a 16-20 pick in round 1, and Roby is a LATE 2nd rounder, and has alot of Bad Character and off the field Issues...No way do we touch him. As for Timmy Jernigan,,,He can't play 3-4 NT or is anywhere close to a quality DE.

Roby is a late first round pick if not mid first round to be honest. Jernigan is a 3-4 NT let alone 3-4 Dlineman, I think you are the one high on the kid at Tennessee but he is just a big body, hardly athletic at all.

questforSB7
12-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Roby is a late first round pick if not mid first round to be honest. Jernigan is a 3-4 NT let alone 3-4 Dlineman, I think you are the one high on the kid at Tennessee but he is just a big body, hardly athletic at all.

All due respect, I watch as much, if not TWICE as much college football then anyone here. Not saying you don't, but not anymore then I do. Jennings is a good player yes. Depending on how he does at the Combine he will go anywhere from the Late 2nd to early 3rd round. I have watched many DT/NT this year...and I can easily say that this guy is the best I have seen. Especially with Run Defense. And that is the Danny Shelton.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254682/article/washingtons-danny-shelton-anchors-flintstones-defensive-line

As for Roby....read this, and remember...Roby was arrested once in High School for a home Robbery, and for a DUI.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2013/07/details_emerge_on_arrest_of_oh.html

No way he goes in round 1 son.

LatrobePA
12-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Roby for me...

Big T
12-10-2013, 07:42 PM
All due respect, I watch as much, if not TWICE as much college football then anyone here. Not saying you don't, but not anymore then I do. Jennings is a good player yes. Depending on how he does at the Combine he will go anywhere from the Late 2nd to early 3rd round. I have watched many DT/NT this year...and I can easily say that this guy is the best I have seen. Especially with Run Defense. And that is the Danny Shelton.

Lolololololololololololololololol

NeilPatrickBanana
12-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Lolololololololololololololololol

it gave me a good laugh

LatrobePA
12-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Best thing I ever did was block this quest douche bag...

Big T
12-10-2013, 10:57 PM
He's so entertaining though.

Real Deal Steel
12-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Back to the topic, here's the latest mock from Bleacher report.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1881333-2014-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-latest-first-round-projections

steelchamp204
12-11-2013, 12:44 AM
If we are going LT first round. I would trade back and go after this kid.

Brandon Scherff

I'm not sold on Djio, I think he might be a little better in pass protection. But Scherff can run block like a monster. All depends if he declares for the draft or not. Maybe we could get an extra second from someone or a 3rd. Wouldn't be a bad idea since it seems we aren't going to get a 3rd for Wallace. Probably a 4th.

I just think this team is going to have a competition for Adams/Beachum/Brown in the offseason.

steelchamp204
12-11-2013, 01:02 AM
I just feel that if we pick 10th. Draft a playmaker on defense or offense. A THREAT. Not a LT.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2013, 02:27 AM
I'm sure he will fly up draft boards but Billy Turner is a LT sleeper that I like.....

K Train
12-11-2013, 07:21 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254682/article/washingtons-danny-shelton-anchors-flintstones-defensive-line

As for Roby....read this, and remember...Roby was arrested once in High School for a home Robbery, and for a DUI.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2013/07/details_emerge_on_arrest_of_oh.html

No way he goes in round 1 son.

damn dude, a genius and a star player....you must have got all the girls

steelchamp204
12-11-2013, 09:35 AM
I'd be all for Aaron Donald for the DL also. Or Mauro later on from Stanford.

FlatsSteeler
12-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Adams will be the Steeler LT next season and in the future........Regardless the Steelers will pick a Defensive stud 1st, WR 2nd, TE 3rd, Defense 4th, Defense 5th, WR 6th, get my drift.....No offensive lineman in the 1st 6 rounds.......

Nolrog
12-11-2013, 10:02 AM
With so many OL players on the the roster (up to 8 dress for a given week) we should be picking someone somewhere in every draft. Not high every year, but looking for back ups and projects in 5th or 6th rounds. I'm surprised they didn't pick one last year in fact.

While I agree that LT is a major need (major major need?) I find it hard to believe they will look for a 3rd #1 pick (along with two #2s) for the OL. I don't think that's sustainable from a money perspective (are they going to be able to pay Pouncey, DeCastro and the LT in a few years when he's a FA? Likely not.) A LT pick at #1 could potentially mean either DeCastro or Pouncey are not resigned, maybe even traded. With Velasco playing as well as he did at C, maybe I'd bring him back and move Pouncey.

Realisitcally, they need to find a way to fix the line without constantly spending high picks. Other teams do that all the time.

Real Deal Steel
12-11-2013, 10:06 AM
With so many OL players on the the roster (up to 8 dress for a given week) we should be picking someone somewhere in every draft. Not high every year, but looking for back ups and projects in 5th or 6th rounds. I'm surprised they didn't pick one last year in fact.

While I agree that LT is a major need (major major need?) I find it hard to believe they will look for a 3rd #1 pick (along with two #2s) for the OL. I don't think that's sustainable from a money perspective (are they going to be able to pay Pouncey, DeCastro and the LT in a few years when he's a FA? Likely not.) A LT pick at #1 could potentially mean either DeCastro or Pouncey are not resigned, maybe even traded. With Velasco playing as well as he did at C, maybe I'd bring him back and move Pouncey.

Realisitcally, they need to find a way to fix the line without constantly spending high picks. Other teams do that all the time.

This would require a GM who knew how to find O-lineman later in the draft. You do remember Colbert is our GM right?

K Train
12-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Tony Hills was a guy i really liked, i thought he could have been a legit franchise LT, but his knees were just no good. But they havent done too bad with guys like beachum, colon, kemoeatu, foster

Of course theres guys like shipley, stephenson, scott, and even stapleton that dont amount to much, but look at all the best olinemen in the league and you would find the VAST majority of the best guys are 1st round picks or high round guys. A jason peters or carl nicks slips through the cracks from time to time, but its far from the norm.

TarlsQtr
12-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Don't look now but our OL has actually played pretty well over the last several weeks, especially in pass protection. They are growing and playing together. I am confident enough in their continued progress to say that we should not draft OL in the first round.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2013, 10:41 AM
This would require a GM who knew how to find O-lineman later in the draft. You do remember Colbert is our GM right?

Kelvin Beachum says hello

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Don't look now but our OL has actually played pretty well over the last several weeks, especially in pass protection. They are growing and playing together. I am confident enough in their continued progress to say that we should not draft OL in the first round.

Bicknell has done an incredible job this year...

As for Oline in the 1st... I don't think the position has solidified itself to the point of taking the position off the board in the 1st. But it certainly is no longer a position at the top of the "needs" list.

If the top defensive players go earlier, and a LT is sitting there for us at 11... it's still a consideration (depends on the board)...

K Train
12-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Bicknell has done an incredible job this year

Its not an overnight transition to make, but ben has taken much less of a beating

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Its not an overnight transition to make, but ben has taken much less of a beating

you and I were saying this in the beginning... you don't just start running a new scheme and have it all together after 1 training camp and a few pre season games... but what you've seen over the last month, is more what to expect going forward... the fact that the execution has been stable through so many injuries is a credit to the coaching staff

coldrolled
12-11-2013, 10:53 AM
I just feel that if we pick 10th. Draft a playmaker on defense or offense. A THREAT. Not a LT.

This #15 pick sounds like it should be our pick..... Switch Chargers to Steelers.

15. San Diego ChargersóCB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State

The Chargers are playing well despite holes on both sides of the ball. You might expect to see an offensive lineman here, but that's not how Tom Telesco and Mike McCoy work. The smart move would be landing a future No. 1 at cornerback, and that's where Justin Gilbert projects. A big cornerback with smooth feet, Gilbert can be a lockdown man-coverage cornerback and has the ball skills to create turnovers on an island.

FlatsSteeler
12-11-2013, 10:58 AM
The line has been improving even with all of the injuries.......Adams was/is the big question mark and I think he will turn out fine and maybe even a top LT in the NFL one day........Valasko is the guy to worry about he played terrific and really was a better center than Pouncey but who knows how the rehab will work out not many return the same from that type of injury........Even the "Nut Grabber" Cody Wallace played decent when called upon.....and for sure he has a nasty streak in him as does DeCastro which is what is needed in Offensive Linemen I would even go after R Incognito to play LG another nasty OL man.........not sure about Gilbert just yet, not impressed seems like he just plain takes a break from time to time.....Oh well to get to my original point the upcoming Draft will be mainly DEFENSIVE with a WR and TE thrown in......

steelchamp204
12-11-2013, 11:14 AM
I just feel we need to go defense first 2 rounds personally. I know a ton will disagree with me, just my opinion though.

TarlsQtr
Bicknell has done an incredible job this year...

As for Oline in the 1st... I don't think the position has solidified itself to the point of taking the position off the board in the 1st. But it certainly is no longer a position at the top of the "needs" list.

If the top defensive players go earlier, and a LT is sitting there for us at 11... it's still a consideration (depends on the board)...

I don't disagree with that at all. If a top tier OL prospect is sitting there and it would be a "reach" for our other needs at that spot, take the OL prospect. I would also add that we could have big problems at C/G, without knowing how the Pouncey and Velasco injuries will play out.

the fact that the execution has been stable through so many injuries is a credit to the coaching staff

Shhh. That does not fit into the board theme that our coaches are terrible.

LatrobePA
No way I draft a first round O linemen!

K Train
12-11-2013, 11:17 AM
I just feel we need to go defense first 2 rounds personally. I know a ton will disagree with me, just my opinion though.

Id go WR and Defense (either pass rusher or CB) in the first 2 rounds

LatrobePA
12-11-2013, 11:38 AM

This... Do we think Plax will be back next year? Could he contribute if so??

K Train
12-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Cant put too much stock in plax, he was a shadow of his former self the last few years...he could have had a role this year, but he wasnt going to be counted on too much, nor should he have been

steelchamp204
12-11-2013, 11:54 AM

Think we can trade back and get an extra second? I'd go

1. Robinson-WR(I think Watkins and Evans would be gone)
2. Roby-CB(If he even fell to the second)
3. Aaron Donald-DL

K Train
12-11-2013, 12:01 PM
trading down is just not a good idea this year

coldrolled
12-11-2013, 12:03 PM

Disagree?? We went from #1 on defense to #21 we need to draft defense.

Our Offense is young and getting better.

questforSB7
12-11-2013, 12:12 PM
A guy I have watched a few times, and seems to Impress everytime I see him, and who is still NOT considered nothing more at this time then a 5th to 6th round pick is Syracuse DT Jay Bromley. I would love to have him. A TRUE " Sleeper ". Dude has 9 sacks this season getting double-teamed alot. And at 6ft, 4, 293 Lbs...he is more then capable of moving outside as a 3-4 DE!

Great underrated talent.

FlatsSteeler
12-11-2013, 12:14 PM
I am liking and think we will/can get.......Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State........best CB in the draft looks to be a fast, strong, shutdown CB........then 2nd round we get Kelvin Benjamin FSU WR, 6'5" 235 fast, great hands, leaping ability.......3rd round DT maybe Aaron Donald Pitt......

coldrolled
12-11-2013, 12:17 PM
I am liking and think we will/can get.......Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State........best CB in the draft looks to be a fast, strong, shutdown CB........then 2nd round we get Kelvin Benjamin FSU WR, 6'5" 235 fast, great hands, leaping ability.......3rd round DT maybe Aaron Donald Pitt......

Is it May yet? Lets go with this.

FlatsSteeler
12-11-2013, 12:22 PM

If we fall to the 10th pick this could happen........Benjamin may be a stretch he has the potential to be a 1st rounder.......I may call my connections in the Tallahassee PD and have him looked into maybe he took a pair of shoes as a gift and can fall to us in round 2 of the draft.........

questforSB7
12-11-2013, 12:30 PM

He is anything but fast. He has some size...but all things being equal, he is way overrated. The better QB's he has been burned against. I would still take Purifoy over him as a CB.

steelchamp204
12-11-2013, 12:37 PM

I'm all for Aaron Donald. I don't think he falls to the 3rd, we might not even have a 3rd this season.

LatrobePA
12-11-2013, 12:43 PM

Single digit temps here, I sure as hell wish it was May!!

questforSB7
12-11-2013, 12:46 PM
I'm all for Aaron Donald. I don't think he falls to the 3rd, we might not even have a 3rd this season.

I don't think Donald fits our system. He is a good solid Hustle player though. But likely will go late 2nd round then in the 3rd round.

steelchamp204
12-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Single digit temps here, I sure as hell wish it was May!!

It's great weather for picking up dog ****. Ok, back on topic :lol:

questforSB7
12-11-2013, 01:04 PM
No doubt we need WR help. And I can live with Robinson or Vandy's Matthews in the Late 1st round if the Steelers trade down and get more picks. However, I still want MY MAN late in the 7th round...that is IF we even have a 7th rounder. A WR who is vastly underrated...but was Hundley's MAIN MAN at UCLA...and that is " Shaq Evans " This dude is like Anquan Boldin in alot of ways. A tough PHYSICAL WR with super strong hands. And believe me, he would take NO back seat to Hines Ward when it comes to Blocking. This dude looks to wipe out defenders on the field as a Blocker. He really is barely rated as a draft prospect in the 7th round. But I feel he will be one of those SURPRISE players like Colston, or others who will make a NFL team Happy!!

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2013, 01:05 PM
trading down is just not a good idea this year

Agreed

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Disagree?? We went from #1 on defense to #21 we need to draft defense.

Our Offense is young and getting better.

Jones, Heyward, Allen, Thomas, etc are only going to get better

The problem is age and youth, only Timmons is at the top of his game and in his prime... Out with the old, and growth from the youth...

We don't NEED to draft defense, or any other position, we NEED to draft the most talented impact player

steelchamp204
12-11-2013, 01:09 PM

The problem is age and youth, only Timmons is at the top of his game and in his prime... Out with the old, and growth from the youth...

You can say this for Heyward and Allen. Not so much with Jones and def not Thomas yet. I wish the staff would realize they need to sit Clark and let this kid get some reps.

I'll feel better about Jones once he put on about 10-15 lbs or muscle.

LatrobePA
12-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Man I wish we could trade Woodley!

questforSB7
12-11-2013, 01:22 PM

We don't NEED to draft defense, or any other position, we NEED to draft the most talented impact player

Neil, do me a favor, check your private messages..Thanks.

TarlsQtr
12-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Neil, do me a favor, check your private messages..Thanks.

Man, I would love to see that message. My imagination is running wild. It could be either a wedding proposal or a death threat. lol

steelchamp204
12-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Anyone a fan of Khalil Mack???? Move Jones to ILB

Worilds/Timmons/Jones/Mack?

That's if they did something with Woodley.

Woodley/Timmons/Jones/Mack

Who knows,. Jones might not even make a good ILB. Just a thought

K Train
12-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Jones would be a good MLB, i still think he'll make a good OLb though. Hes going to be a versatile player like harrison and farrior were, not limited to the outside like woodley or limited to the inside like timmons/foote

Anthony Barr would be a player id take in the first despite taking jones last year. Same with clowney obviously

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Man, I would love to see that message. My imagination is running wild. It could be either a wedding proposal or a death threat. lol

it was even better

TarlsQtr
12-11-2013, 02:00 PM
it was even better

Actually, he just did threaten your life on your "Off Topic" thread. lol

steelchamp204
12-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Jones would be a good MLB, i still think he'll make a good OLb though. Hes going to be a versatile player like harrison and farrior were, not limited to the outside like woodley or limited to the inside like timmons/foote

Anthony Barr would be a player id take in the first despite taking jones last year. Same with clowney obviously

I saw Mack only play a handful of times, but everytime I have seen him. Man this kid has the skillset to tun the corner. Plus he is a turnover machine and TFL

NeilPatrickBanana
12-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Actually, he just did threaten your life on your "Off Topic" thread. lol

"I" knew the future

WindyCityShaker
12-11-2013, 02:08 PM

I guess that solves that mystery...

LatrobePA
12-11-2013, 02:28 PM
it was even better

Pic of her boobies?? (I'm assuming it's a she)...

Dean Denton
12-11-2013, 02:52 PM
I want to see this mess. Why am I left out??? Wtf???