PDA

View Full Version : Jadeveon Clowney clocked doing 110 MPH....MORON!!

questforSB7
12-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Too bad he couldn't go HALF that fast on the field. But in all seriousness, this is Idiotic. I mean at that speed you could easily lose control, kill yourself or worse...Innocent others. What a Moron. I only HOPE this " CLOWN " will never wear Steelers
Black and Gold!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/09/jadeveon-clowney-stopped-for-doing-110-mph/

Big T
12-10-2013, 12:48 AM
He won't be a Steeler because we won't have a shot at him. "Too bad he couldn't go HALF that fast on the field"... So you're telling me that he can't run double the fastest human footspeed on record, in football pads, with 2-3 guys blocking him? Not buying it!!!

Way to go out on a limb there...

questforSB7
12-10-2013, 12:55 AM
He won't be a Steeler because we won't have a shot at him. "Too bad he couldn't go HALF that fast on the field"... So you're telling me that he can't run double the fastest human footspeed on record, in football pads, with 2-3 guys blocking him? Not buying it!!!

Way to go out on a limb there...

I was refering to percentage wise. He goes all out driving on the road, risking many lives. But on the field he goes LESS then 50 percent. And he very well could be there for our pick if he keeps up this type of behavier. The Steelers have a chance at pick 5 in the draft. Clowney could easily be there. But, Pittsburgh would never WASTE a pick on that " CLOWN " ( ey )

Big T
12-10-2013, 01:01 AM
I was refering to percentage wise. He goes all out driving on the road, risking many lives. But on the field he goes LESS then 50 percent. And he very well could be there for our pick if he keeps up this type of behavier. The Steelers have a chance at pick 5 in the draft. Clowney could easily be there. But, Pittsburgh would never WASTE a pick on that " CLOWN " ( ey )

I wouldn't bet on that. We won't have a top 5 pick, and if Clowney is there when they pick, you better believe they will more than just consider it.

questforSB7
12-10-2013, 01:05 AM
I wouldn't bet on that. We won't have a top 5 pick, and if Clowney is there when they pick, you better believe they will more than just consider it.

Well, my hope is Clowney learns from his stupidity. You would think with all the deaths that happen every year due to speeding...and I am not including the ones drinking and driving...and the recent Public Death of Actor Paul Walker...also dies from speeding that people would be smarter. Fate..God...whatever...has given Clowney a second chance. Lets hope he takes it.
For his own sake, and that of countless Innocent others on the road.

Big T
12-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Well, my hope is Clowney learns from his stupidity. You would think with all the deaths that happen every year due to speeding...and I am not including the ones drinking and driving...and the recent Public Death of Actor Paul Walker...also dies from speeding that people would be smarter. Fate..God...whatever...has given Clowney a second chance. Lets hope he takes it.
For his own sake, and that of countless Innocent others on the road.

Agreed. It was stupid and hopefully he learns from it. Dude has every tool to be a great one. He just needs to put his mind to it.

Dean Denton
12-10-2013, 02:07 AM
Big T, I always agree with you, I like you man. Always have. But Clowney, for all his athletic gifts is a mental midget. I am thankful we won five games so we don't have to worry about him or Manziel being a Steeler. You know who would look good in black and gold? Anthony Barr. I would add Wiggins but with ACL & MCL injuries at an all time high this year, 46. Up from 35 last year and 25 the year before. I say, "do not draft a WR or TE with the first pick. Their chances of finishing the season are slim. Time to use FA for T E and WR. Do not waste high draft picks on these positions. There are dead men running/walking. Don't argue with me, I've had three Outburst...

questforSB7
12-10-2013, 02:13 AM
Big T, I always agree with you, I like you man. Always have. But Clowney, for all his athletic gifts is a mental midget. I am thankful we won five games so we don't have to worry about him or Manziel being a Steeler. You know who would look good in black and gold? Anthony Barr. I would add Wiggins but with ACL & MCL injuries at an all time high this year, 46. Up from 35 last year and 25 the year before. I say, "do not draft a WR or TE with the first pick. Their chances of finishing the season are slim. Time to use FA for T E and WR. Do not waste high draft picks on these positions. There are dead men running/walking. Don't argue with me, I've had three Outburst...

Steelers would never select Barr. No need for him. He can't play ILB, and we have our OLB's. Barr is good, very talented. But Woodley CAN'T be released or traded, and no way they keep Jones as a Back-up role player. So Barr would never be considered even if he were there for us...which he won't.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2013, 02:22 AM
Kelvin Benjamin is who I want.......Watching the Bears with Marshall and Jeffery makes me jealous....AB would be the third WR on the Bears........Enough of the smurfs and time for some big targets for Ben......

questforSB7
12-10-2013, 02:32 AM
Kelvin Benjamin is who I want.......Watching the Bears with Marshall and Jeffery makes me jealous....AB would be the third WR on the Bears........Enough of the smurfs and time for some big targets for Ben......

Then why are both of them NOT having the season or production that Brown is having ? And why are they a Bottom teir team ?

Dean Denton
12-10-2013, 02:36 AM

I like where your head is at. For me, I'd rather go grab Andre Johnson from the Texans since he wants out of there anyways. Wiggins is another under height WR and in the next couple of seasons WR and TE are going to get killed until the NFL changes the target areas to match that of the strike zone in baseball. You know, between the shoulders and knees. We all know this is coming but it's going to take time so don't waste draft picks on the walking dead until they sort this out. Defense is what we need. Youth that wants to kill people.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2013, 02:47 AM
Then why are both of them NOT having the season or production that Brown is having ? And why are they a Bottom teir team ?

Why are they not having the production Brown is having?.....Come on its not hard to figure out that both Marshall and Jeffery take catches away from each other.......AB is the clear cut top target on the Steelers....lol Plus Big Ben is head and shoulders above Cutler/McCown......Bears bottom tier team?....lol Bears are tied for first place in their division......

Again yes AB is having a fantastic year but he should be having this type season with the amount of targets he gets per game.....I would be worried if he wasn't this productive......AB would be the third WR on the Bears bar none.....I'll take Marshall or Jeffery without even thinking about it over AB........

Big Ben with Marshall, Jeffery, and Matt Forte.........Wow I'm really jealous of the Bears weapons........Look at the TD catch Jeffery made tonight.....The Steelers don't have a WR on their roster that makes that catch......

questforSB7
12-10-2013, 02:52 AM
Benjamin is not in this draft, and is still a project. Winston is the one who makes him look good. Not the other way around. I have no problem with taking a WR...Just not Watkins...Not that high IF we do draft say at 6 or 7.

Dean Denton
12-10-2013, 03:05 AM
Steelers would never select Barr. No need for him. He can't play ILB, and we have our OLB's. Barr is good, very talented. But Woodley CAN'T be released or traded, and no way they keep Jones as a Back-up role player. So Barr would never be considered even if he were there for us...which he won't.

Quest, I said I was drinking Outburst. Work with me brother. My thought is we draft Barr, train him, condition him, get him ready for prime time, then cut bait with woodley when it's not a cap hit. Barr is the chosen one brother. Coupled with Jarvis, that's a nightmare for QBs and will allow us to not go so heavy in the secondary.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2013, 03:08 AM
Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Sammy Watkins in that order for me.....Benjamin can declare for the draft.......Some seem to think he will....

Big T
12-10-2013, 03:10 AM
Alshon Jeffrey has definitely turned into the WR he had the potential to become out of SC. Dude had sure fire 1st round talent but had effort and weight concerns. Everyone knew if he got his head right, he could be a monster in this league. I'm glad he did. Dude's a beast.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2013, 03:13 AM
Mike Evans reminds me of Vincent Jackson.......

Kelvin Benjamin reminds me of Plax Burress

Big T
12-10-2013, 03:57 AM
Benjamin is really starting to grow on me. Dude has unbelievable body control and the ability to go up and pluck the ball at its highest point. Dude is 6'5 and has some serious hops. Sammy Watkins is still my guy, though Benjamin is definitely impressive.

K Train
12-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Sammy Watkins in that order for me.....Benjamin can declare for the draft.......Some seem to think he will....
wow, why that order? Not being a dick, just curious

Alshon Jeffrey has definitely turned into the WR he had the potential to become out of SC. Dude had sure fire 1st round talent but had effort and weight concerns. Everyone knew if he got his head right, he could be a monster in this league. I'm glad he did. Dude's a beast.

Alshon Jeffrey and Keenan Allen...showing that a 40 time can really lead to over analyzing a WR

K Train
12-10-2013, 10:16 AM
lol at this thread btw

Real Deal Steel
12-10-2013, 11:31 AM
We are at number 10 in the draft order. A lot will change in the draft order with us, the Bills, The Buccaneers and the Jaguars. If we lose the rest, we could move all the way up to number 5. And when you consider the teams that are going to take a QB, (Texans, Jags, Rams) we could have an outstanding pick at number 5.

I'm sold on the big WR that Ben needs. But I think we could trade down a bit (from number 5) pick up a pick (because we'll lose one in the Tomlin fiasco) and still get the WR that we need.

questforSB7
12-10-2013, 11:58 AM
We are at number 10 in the draft order. A lot will change in the draft order with us, the Bills, The Buccaneers and the Jaguars. If we lose the rest, we could move all the way up to number 5. And when you consider the teams that are going to take a QB, (Texans, Jags, Rams) we could have an outstanding pick at number 5.

I'm sold on the big WR that Ben needs. But I think we could trade down a bit (from number 5) pick up a pick (because we'll lose one in the Tomlin fiasco) and still get the WR that we need.

Two things....One, it's true the Steelers could move way up is a few teams win a game or two...even as high as number 4 IF Washington can win 2 more games. And they still have Atlanta, and the Giants still to go. But, why do I have this feeling that even IF Cincy wins next Sunday night, and ABSOLUTELY Shuts the door on us getting to the playoffs...why do I feel Tomlin will still go all out to win meanningless games WITH His MAIN Vet players, e.g., Ben, Troy, ect. Which again would be totally stupid, and useless.

As for our pick, say if we draft at number 7...I ABSOLUTELY would look to trade down....maybe 7 to 12 to 14 for an additional 2nd rounder. Then from 12 to 14 to maybe 24 or so for another 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder. Then at that 24 area, maybe look at taking the Penn State WR Allen Robinson. Then we would have 2nd rounders at picks..39-46 and 56 to address other KEY areas.

Real Deal Steel
12-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Two things....One, it's true the Steelers could move way up is a few teams win a game or two...even as high as number 4 IF Washington can win 2 more games. And they still have Atlanta, and the Giants still to go. But, why do I have this feeling that even IF Cincy wins next Sunday night, and ABSOLUTELY Shuts the door on us getting to the playoffs...why do I feel Tomlin will still go all out to win meanningless games WITH His MAIN Vet players, e.g., Ben, Troy, ect. Which again would be totally stupid, and useless.

As for our pick, say if we draft at number 7...I ABSOLUTELY would look to trade down....maybe 7 to 12 to 14 for an additional 2nd rounder. Then from 12 to 14 to maybe 24 or so for another 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder. Then at that 24 area, maybe look at taking the Penn State WR Allen Robinson. Then we would have 2nd rounders at picks..39-46 and 56 to address other KEY areas.

Like how you think but I want us to be careful in trading down too much. Remember, it's not always about quantity; quality is the key for us. We need to make sure our picks pan out. I want the most talented guys we can get.

questforSB7
12-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Like how you think but I want us to be careful in trading down too much. Remember, it's not always about quantity; quality is the key for us. We need to make sure our picks pan out. I want the most talented guys we can get.

I understand what you are saying...but, lets just say as it goes to a WR...I personally don't see how anybody can guarantee GREATNESS for Watkins as a 7th overall pick...over someone like Robinson at 24, or even Matthews in round 2...I just don't.
And if by trading down e can secure a Robinson at 24, and still get players in round 2 like say a TE like Austin Seferin-Jenkins from Washington...and then say a LT like Tony Hurst from UNC, then say a S like Washington States Deone Buchanon....How is that NOT helping you ?

NeilPatrickBanana
12-10-2013, 12:51 PM
my firsts posts on this board were about wanting Cordy Glenn and Alshon Jeffery with our first 2 picks in 2012... oh what could have been...

K Train
12-10-2013, 02:13 PM
my firsts posts on this board were about wanting Cordy Glenn and Alshon Jeffery with our first 2 picks in 2012... oh what could have been...

Jeffrey doesnt seem like a player youd like. I liked both glenn and jeffrey, glenn has been up and down at LT though

Real Deal Steel
12-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Jeffrey would just be an absolute beast if he were part of our WR corps. What a dream.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Jeffrey doesnt seem like a player youd like. I liked both glenn and jeffrey, glenn has been up and down at LT though

not sure why you think that... I'm a substance over style person... I think you're projecting you preference for style onto my views of substance (AB)

Dean Denton
12-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Again... No WR in the first. They are going to get their knees blown out. Late rounds. Go defense early. We need secondary help over everything else. Secondary is our weakest link on this team...