PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy Steeler fans

Ron~Popeil
12-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Just wanted to make a quick introduction and say that I look forward to Sunday Nights game versus your team. I am a lifelong Bengals fan which frankly hasn't always been easy so this current ride has been a blast so far to say the least.

I think it is an understatement to say that our teams have a history. My first Bengals-Steelers game was 1998 I believe. Kordell Stewart had your team way up in the first half and somehow my 3 or 4 win Bengals scored to tie it up with a few seconds left. Our kicker Neil Rackers managed to miss the game winning extra point on about a 12 degree day with a southeast wind blowing right into out canopy seats to force overtime. The Bengals ended up winning but were all ready eliminated from the playoff contention so that was kind of our Superbowl that year.

I have since been to at least one a year and while I know your biggest rival is the Ravens our games with your team are the biggest for me and most fans I know due to recent history. I live in Western PA now so this will be my first game at Heinz Field. I am pretty pumped for a night game there to say the least.

I am not really a smack talking kind of person. I am a huge fan of the game of football and love to talk about it so hopefully you guys will allow a Bengals fan in your midst for a week or so. I promise to come back for my ribbing on Monday and even congratulate your team if we lose. Even this season when the Steelers are down they make me nervous but win or lose it is always fun. Hoping for a hard fought AFC North battle with few injuries.

Big T
12-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Welcome aboard. Always like seeing other teams fans come around. Who knows how this game will go. Bengals are playing some good football heading into the playoffs and the Steelers, well, aren't lol. No matter how opposite our teams look, it's a Bengals-Steelers game so I'm expecting it to be pretty close. Should be a good one.

Hope to have some good conversations this week.

Ron~Popeil
12-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Welcome aboard. Always like seeing other teams fans come around. Who knows how this game will go. Bengals are playing some good football heading into the playoffs and the Steelers, well, aren't lol. No matter how opposite our teams look, it's a Bengals-Steelers game so I'm expecting it to be pretty close. Should be a good one.

Hope to have some good conversations this week.

Thanks! It kind of annoys me that the teams in our division always play well against us. Even the Browns give us at least one close one every year. And the Ravens seem to have found the code for unlimited extra lives. (Probably just dated myself with the Nintendo reference.) I am hoping for a win Sunday and a Ravens loss the next day to put them down for the season.

As for our game, I am kind of wondering if they will let Ben R. be the gunslinger or try to reign him in and run the football. If he is throwing it down field and using his feet to buy time I think it will be a 4th quarter kind of game. If they try to run on us and not attack our banged up secondary I like our chances. I know we have a good pass rush but Ben under pressure has hurt a lot f teams over the years.

questforSB7
12-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Thanks! It kind of annoys me that the teams in our division always play well against us. Even the Browns give us at least one close one every year. And the Ravens seem to have found the code for unlimited extra lives. (Probably just dated myself with the Nintendo reference.) I am hoping for a win Sunday and a Ravens loss the next day to put them down for the season.

As for our game, I am kind of wondering if they will let Ben R. be the gunslinger or try to reign him in and run the football. If he is throwing it down field and using his feet to buy time I think it will be a 4th quarter kind of game. If they try to run on us and not attack our banged up secondary I like our chances. I know we have a good pass rush but Ben under pressure has hurt a lot f teams over the years.

Hi Ron. Welcome. Good luck in the Super Bowl against Seattle. Yes that's right...I am predicting the Bengals in the SB. You guys will overtake New England for the 2nd seed and Bye. And will likely meet them, and beat them again in Cincy. I also am predicting a KC win over Denver in Round 2 at Denver. Denver finishes up at Houston, then at Oakland. Neither cold weather cities at all. Then Denver and Manning will get a week off to relax...then...all of a sudden they will have to face a TOUGH...and HEATHLY KC team out in that REALLY Cold Denver field. And I think KC beats them in their 3rd encounter.

That puts KC at Cincy for the AFC Championship game. And seeing as how Cincy will be Undefeated at Home....I am betting Cincy WILL be the AFC Champion!!

Have fun sir.

Ron~Popeil
12-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Hi Ron. Welcome. Good luck in the Super Bowl against Seattle. Yes that's right...I am predicting the Bengals in the SB. You guys will overtake New England for the 2nd seed and Bye. And will likely meet them, and beat them again in Cincy. I also am predicting a KC win over Denver in Round 2 at Denver. Denver finishes up at Houston, then at Oakland. Neither cold weather cities at all. Then Denver and Manning will get a week off to relax...then...all of a sudden they will have to face a TOUGH...and HEATHLY KC team out in that REALLY Cold Denver field. And I think KC beats them in their 3rd encounter.

That puts KC at Cincy for the AFC Championship game. And seeing as how Cincy will be Undefeated at Home....I am betting Cincy WILL be the AFC Champion!!

Have fun sir.

I would love nothing more than for that to be the outcome. The Bengals have caused me to become a bit jaded over the years but this team does feel special in some ways. A bit like 1988 and 1981. I just hope if we do get back to the big game that we don't go into the desert for another 25 years of my life a mere two years later. Although I would take another 25 years if it meant I got to see my team hoist a Lombardi trophy just once.

Dean Denton
12-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Lol, isn't this sweet???? Bengals and Steeler fans coming together for the holidays. Please, let me start my favorite coming together song, kumbaya!!! Bengals going to the Super Bowl? What kind of drunkin, retardation is this? The only thing the Bungholes are winning is a trophy for three consecutive years of one and done. Hey Ron, welcome to SA buddy. For every freckle you see on Dalton, that's a soul he stole because that's what gingers do...Go Steelers!!!!

questforSB7
12-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Lol, isn't this sweet???? Bengals and Steeler fans coming together for the holidays. Please, let me start my favorite coming together song, kumbaya!!! Bengals going to the Super Bowl? What kind of drunkin, retardation is this? The only thing the Bungholes are winning is a trophy for three consecutive years of one and done. Hey Ron, welcome to SA buddy. For every freckle you see on Dalton, that's a soul he stole because that's what gingers do...Go Steelers!!!!

One and done ? Dean, I will take that bet. So, you think either the Patriots...who already LOST at Cincy, and that was with alot of starters that they will NOT have the second time around...or a Indy team that just got B!tch-slapped at Cincy is gonna win there in the playoffs against a Bengla team that hasn't lost there all season ?

Fine with me...Name the stakes.

Dean Denton
12-09-2013, 08:30 PM
KC, balti or Miami is who they will play. They can beat Miami.

SuperSteelers
12-09-2013, 09:50 PM

Well said...

Ron~Popeil
12-10-2013, 08:32 AM

Actually he is a daywalker. Full gingers cannot go outside in the daytime.

It wouldn't be a Steelers board without at least a little jab I suppose so here goes:

How did his freckles look after the game at Heinz last season? They look like playoff freckles?

Rocky#20
12-10-2013, 01:04 PM
I think the Bengals will advance to the AFC title game, but I have them losing to the Broncos in Denver. I just don't think that Dalton can string together 3 or 4 good games in a row to advance further than that. On the other hand, I thought the same thing about Flacco last year.

SnakeEyes43
12-10-2013, 01:21 PM
I think the Bengals will advance to the AFC title game, but I have them losing to the Broncos in Denver. I just don't think that Dalton can string together 3 or 4 good games in a row to advance further than that. On the other hand, I thought the same thing about Flacco last year.

This.

coldrolled
12-10-2013, 01:59 PM
There are still three games left.. Gronkowski is out, like we lost Miller last year... Things can change fast. NE lost its playoff power now. The Bengals are healthy, they have a shot.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2013, 02:02 PM
I think the Bengals are going to blow out the Steelers on Sunday Night......But in my opinion I don't think the Bengals will never take that next step to be a Super Bowl champion with Andy Dalton as their starting QB......I just don't see "it" in Dalton.....But this is just my opinion and I never thought Joe Flaccid would be a Super Bowl champion....lol

steelchamp204
12-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Anyone watch the game lastnight and hear when Turico asked Gruden

Turico: So John, is it a good thing that there are being more points scored nowadays.

Gruden: No.

lmfao

Dean Denton
12-12-2013, 06:05 AM
Anyone watch the game lastnight and hear when Turico asked Gruden

Turico: So John, is it a good thing that there are being more points scored nowadays.

Gruden: No.

lmfao
He's right. This really is turning into arena league with more injuries. Earl Campbell was on inside the NFL and this new football kinda makes him sad. No place for running backs anymore. They use to be the feature attraction. Along with defense. Now it's just about bringing in casual fans with lots a points and passing to keep them playing fantasy football. Horrible and they need to fix it. Give the defense something. At this rate of injury no starters will even be in the Super Bowl. Quality of play drops off so much...sad

Ron~Popeil
12-16-2013, 10:20 AM
As promised I wanted to stop back in and say good game. Your guys beat ours up. No excuses for that. I had hoped we were past the playing soft in big games thing but clearly they have some work to do. I am glad we probably won't see you guys in the playoffs.

eweid
12-16-2013, 11:12 PM
As promised I wanted to stop back in and say good game. Your guys beat ours up. No excuses for that. I had hoped we were past the playing soft in big games thing but clearly they have some work to do. I am glad we probably won't see you guys in the playoffs.

where are all u steeler fans that said cincy was going to blow us out?

LevonKirkland99
12-16-2013, 11:29 PM
I think the Bengals are going to blow out the Steelers on Sunday Night......But in my opinion I don't think the Bengals will never take that next step to be a Super Bowl champion with Andy Dalton as their starting QB......I just don't see "it" in Dalton.....But this is just my opinion and I never thought Joe Flaccid would be a Super Bowl champion....lol

No Wallace and we still beat the overrated Bengals. The Ravens will beat them and take the division title.

Dean Denton
12-16-2013, 11:38 PM
No Wallace and we still beat the overrated Bengals. The Ravens will beat them and take the division title.

I kind of think this too. Looking at the Ravens play Detroit makes me mad. Bengals stink. So over rated, but they did lose their two best defensive players for the year. Still, I don't trust that soul stealing ginger to lead his team beyond 2 games. Don't trust him at all on the road.

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:07 AM
I kind of think this too. Looking at the Ravens play Detroit makes me mad. Bengals stink. So over rated, but they did lose their two best defensive players for the year. Still, I don't trust that soul stealing ginger to lead his team beyond 2 games. Don't trust him at all on the road.

Why does it seem the Ravens always catch teams when they can't do **** that day? I was cracking up last week when Flacco was stinking up the joint besides that last drive. Then when he plays against us, he is on fire and looks like a HOF QB. Any other team he sucks against it seems.

TarlsQtr
12-17-2013, 12:36 AM

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1472841_257599574395158_1247627424_n.jpg

Dean Denton
12-17-2013, 12:44 AM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1472841_257599574395158_1247627424_n.jpg
That's funny...

Big T
12-17-2013, 12:48 AM
@khuber10: And now by popular demand.. I have found a pic worthy of my new avatar! Enjoy everyone

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/412750727878959104/TKEdTDEJ.jpeg

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 01:02 AM
@khuber10: And now by popular demand.. I have found a pic worthy of my new avatar! Enjoy everyone

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/412750727878959104/TKEdTDEJ.jpeg

my next one is going to be Flacco after they get bounced out of the playoffs this year.

Big T
12-17-2013, 01:09 AM
my next one is going to be Flacco after they get bounced out of the playoffs this year.

There is not a person on the planet I hate more than Joe Flacco.

Dean Denton
12-17-2013, 02:43 AM

I feel that way about Brady. I have since 2001. My happy time was when I said he'd get knocked out of the AFC champ game, he did and Bledsoe would come in and beat us. Never want him to win.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Joe Flaccid, NeilPatrickBanana.......four way tie for me who I hate the most and love nothing more then all four those D-Bags to be wiped off the earth..........

Dean Denton
12-17-2013, 03:08 AM
Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Joe Flaccid, NeilPatrickBanana.......four way tie for me who I hate the most and love nothing more then all four those D-Bags to be wiped off the earth..........
I've never had a beef with Peyton, that guy always shoots himself in the foot anyways. Brady and his coach cheated and I said the entire time something was fishy and everyone called me a hater. Plus, that tuck rule killed me. Should have been Raiders vs. Steelers the following week. The Debartilo's for the 49ers are on my hate list too. Cheaters... That's why I hate the 49ers. Frauds!!! Flaco is a goof. I have no feelings for him. He has to live with himself, so whatever.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-17-2013, 03:15 AM
I've never had a beef with Peyton, that guy always shoots himself in the foot anyways. Brady and his coach cheated and I said the entire time something was fishy and everyone called me a hater. Plus, that tuck rule killed me. Should have been Raiders vs. Steelers the following week. The Debartilo's for the 49ers are on my hate list too. Cheaters... That's why I hate the 49ers. Frauds!!! Flaco is a goof. I have no feelings for him. He has to live with himself, so whatever.

I didn't like Peyton Manning when he played in college.....I live in Indiana so I had to put with annoying Colts fans who by the way didn't start watching the NFL until Peyton was drafted so they just fueled my hatred for Peyton even more.....Its funny many of them are now Broncos fans...lol

Dean Denton
12-17-2013, 03:32 AM
I didn't like Peyton Manning when he played in college.....I live in Indiana so I had to put with annoying Colts fans who by the way didn't start watching the NFL until Peyton was drafted so they just fueled my hatred for Peyton even more.....Its funny many of them are now Broncos fans...lol
I get fans loving players. If Arians swiped Ben from us you better believe I'm loving on the cards when they play he hawks twice a year. Never leave my steelers though. That's my heart. But I love Ben.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-17-2013, 03:49 AM
I get fans loving players. If Arians swiped Ben from us you better believe I'm loving on the cards when they play he hawks twice a year. Never leave my steelers though. That's my heart. But I love Ben.

If Ben went to another team I would still root for Ben but I would never call myself a fan of that team.....You know....I know Colts fans personally that are now Broncos fans cause of Peyton......It sickens me......

Stone
12-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Welcome Ron, I applaud the approach. Now, let me ask you how frustrating it is to know that your head coach has to have pictures of Mike Brown in order to keep his job. This guy has carried a losing record, as the Bengals head coach, into this season with some very talented teams over the years and I simply don't know how he keeps his job. He can't win a playoff game and he can't win big games in general.

coldrolled
12-17-2013, 01:07 PM
I like that the Bengals keep the HC, they have 1-2 years to go before they have to pay all these players.

Dean Denton
12-17-2013, 01:50 PM
I like that the Bengals keep the HC, they have 1-2 years to go before they have to pay all these players.
I'm glad the bengals have kept their coach too. I like him and I like the direction he has tried to get his team in. However, after this many years and to have not produced the results they want I think his job could be in danger. He might get one more year after this one depending on how they finish. If he's one and done again this year I would have to think he would be on the hot seat going into next year.

LatrobePA
12-17-2013, 04:28 PM

Join the crowd, my 66 year old mother wants to beat his ***....

lancer89074
12-19-2013, 06:57 AM
Joe Flacco and many of the current Baltimore Ravens have done something the Steelers can never do it seems and that is beat the Brady led Patriots in playoff games. That fact alone makes me admire them.

When the Steelers do not advance, but one of the teams from our division do, you better believe I root for Baltimore. It is the classy thing to do.

steelchamp204
12-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Joe Flacco and many of the current Baltimore Ravens have done something the Steelers can never do it seems and that is beat the Brady led Patriots in playoff games. That fact alone makes me admire them.

When the Steelers do not advance, but one of the teams from our division do, you better believe I root for Baltimore. It is the classy thing to do.

Ben and Co. can beat the Pats. DL and the defense can not.

DL gets owned by them type of offenses.