PDA

View Full Version : Steelers still have a pulse according to ESPN prediction playoff machine...

Troyisabeast_43
12-08-2013, 10:35 PM
I promised myself I kind of wouldnt do this but I still couldnt help myself but I went there just to see how it would play out and believe it or not if the Steelers,Ravens,Jets,Dolphins and Chargers all finish at 8-8 the Steelers would get in as the 6 seed still there is a scenario where it is possible and here it is plain and simple.

: Steelers win their final 3 games with Cincy,at Green Bay,and Cleveland
: Titans lose one of their 3 remaining games with Arizona,at Jacksonville,and Houston which seems very likely
: Chargers lose at Denver Thursday night
: Ravens lose 2 out of their 3 remaining games at Detroit,New England and at Cincy. Steelers win any tiebraker where the Ravens finish 8-8 and they win out and finish 8-8 according to the prediction machine.
: Miami loses to New England next Sunday,beats Buffalo the following Sunday and loses at home to the Jets the last week of the season. Miami could also lose all of their remaining games and finish at 7-9 but I am counting on them winning at least one.
: Jets lose at Carolina next Sunday and win against Cleveland and at Miami the final 2 weeks.

So there you have it it's not likely to happen and probably wont happen but it is still very possible looking at the schedules of all of these teams next week who the Steelers need to lose with Miami playing New England,San Diego playing at Denver,Jets playing at Carolina,Tennessee playing Arizona who needs to win, and Baltimore playing a very tough game at Detroit next Monday night that if the Steelers find a way to win here next Sunday night at home against Cincy they will keep themselves alive at least one more week heading into Green Bay. The sad thing is the Steelers will most likely get all of the help I posted above which a lot of it is very likely to happen but the problem is they wont win their remaining 3 games. But still the fact remains there is still a chance and looking at the schedules of the teams the Steelers need to lose next week if they take care of business here against the Bengals at home next Sunday they will still be alive heading into the Packers game the following week. Crazy but not impossible to suggest so lets see how things play out...

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 10:37 PM
I promised myself I kind of wouldnt do this but I still couldnt help myself but I went there just to see how it would play out and believe it or not if the Steelers,Ravens,Jets,Dolphins and Chargers all finish at 8-8 the Steelers would get in as the 6 seed still there is a scenario where it is possible and here it is plain and simple.

: Steelers win their final 3 games with Cincy,at Green Bay,and Cleveland
: Titans lose one of their 3 remaining games with Arizona,at Jacksonville,and Houston which seems very likely
: Chargers lose at Denver Thursday night
: Ravens lose 2 out of their 3 remaining games at Detroit,New England and at Cincy. Steelers win any tiebraker where the Ravens finish 8-8 and they win out and finish 8-8 according to the prediction machine.
: Miami loses to New England next Sunday,beats Buffalo the following Sunday and loses at home to the Jets the last week of the season. Miami could also lose all of their remaining games and finish at 7-9 but I am counting on them winning at least one.
: Jets lose at Carolina next Sunday and win against Cleveland and at Miami the final 2 weeks.

So there you have it it's not likely to happen and probably wont happen but it is still very possible looking at the schedules of all of these teams next week who the Steelers need to lose with Miami playing New England,San Diego playing at Denver,Jets playing at Carolina,Tennessee playing Arizona who needs to win, and Baltimore playing a very tough game at Detroit next Monday night that if the Steelers find a way to win here next Sunday night at home against Cincy they will keep themselves alive at least one more week heading into Green Bay. The sad thing is the Steelers will most likely get all of the help I posted above which a lot of it is very likely to happen but the problem is they wont win their remaining 3 games. But still the fact remains there is still a chance and looking at the schedules of the teams the Steelers need to lose next week if they take care of business here against the Bengals at home next Sunday they will still be alive heading into the Packers game the following week. Crazy but not impossible to suggest so lets see how things play out...

Yeah you did. And it is stupid to ONCE again bring it up when it is literally 1,000,000,000,00 to 1.

I mean seriously dude...Put DOWN the Crack pipe!!

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 10:38 PM
STOP, PLEASE. JUST STOP.

I love your optimism, I really do. This team is not going to the playoffs this year. SORRY. The air is out of the balloon in the Burgh, I am very optimistic and I had this team going 6-10 this season. They are 8-8 AT THE VERY BEST.

Today was the dagger, they needed to win and they couldn't. End of story, this team needs to learn how to win all over again.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Steelers are not winning out period....The Bengals will destroy them......I bet they even lose to the Packers in Green Bay with Flynn at QB.....Only game I see them winning is the Browns and they might even lose that game.....

LatrobePA
12-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Come on. Stop it!!

This team is lucky to win one more game this season.

Dean Denton
12-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Only pulse on this team is Ben.

NYCsteelersfan
12-08-2013, 10:48 PM

Yeah you did. And it is stupid to ONCE again bring it up when it is literally 1,000,000,000,00 to 1.

I mean seriously dude...Put DOWN the Crack pipe!!

I respect your optimism, Troy, but I have to agree with Quest.

Troyisabeast_43
12-08-2013, 10:52 PM
There problem is as I said they will get the help they need but they wont end up winning all 3 of these games. Looking at next week however it is very likely that San Diego loses at Denver,Jets lose at Carolina,Miami loses to New England,Tenn loses to Arizona and Baltimore who is horrible on the road loses at Detroit who has to win now after they lost today. So just saying if the Steelers beat the Bengals here who arent a very good road team and have been up and down all year they will stay alive at least one more week. I agree this team doesnt deserve to go to the playoffs and they still most likely wont but the NFL is so crazy week in and week out that anything can happen and until this thing is official I am not writing it totally off yet completely. What else is there to root for next week anyway if you cant root for this to happen.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Root for the Pens and the Pirates in the upcoming baseball season.......

Dean Denton
12-08-2013, 10:55 PM
You guys can say Troys smoking crack but he's speaking the truth. Until they are out, then they still have a chance. He's just pointing out that we still have a crack at this thing. Going to need more then Ben to play with his big boy pants on though. Rest of the team needs to show up. Maybe the defense will get the memo that the seasons still going on and maybe contribute this year.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2013, 10:57 PM
You guys can say Troys smoking crack but he's speaking the truth. Until they are out, then they still have a chance. He's just pointing out that we still have a crack at this thing. Going to need more then Ben to play with his big boy pants on though. Rest of the team needs to show up. Maybe the defense will get the memo that the seasons still going on and maybe contribute this year.

They're mathematically alive but that doesn't mean anything really and yes 43 is right but still I don't expect this team to win another game really....To many losers on this team and its infected the entire team with their loser mentality.......

Dean Denton
12-08-2013, 10:59 PM
They're mathematically alive but that doesn't mean anything really and yes 43 is right but still I don't expect this team to win another game really....To many losers on this team and its infected the entire team with their loser mentality.......
I know, but there's always that little bit of what if...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2013, 11:04 PM

Not with this team....For the past two seasons they have shown consistently that they can't get done it key spots in games......Players like Brown, Sanders are just mentally weak, have no heart, and really are just losers.......sick of them both......

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 11:08 PM

Yea, well we are only speaking the truth when we say this team is not making the playoffs and will be lucky to have a 8-8 record with the way they play ball. That's the truth.

If you saw Tomlin presser today, you can tell there is something major wrong with this team and he knows it. I think we are finally seeing the real Tomlin. I don't think he can handle adversity well, which is what he preaches. I think he is all mouth and puppet.

Troyisabeast_43
12-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Lets just see what happens next week guys with all of the games I just mentioned. Very possible that all of those teams do lose next week as I mentioned. So if Steelers find a way to beat Cincy next week here at home they will still be alive. 32 is right though completely with this teams complete inability to win a big must win game late in the year the last 2-3 seasons when they absolute have to have a win is very very disturbing and starting to become a trend on this team and become a bad bad reflection on Mike Tomlin...

NYCsteelersfan
12-08-2013, 11:14 PM
3 more losses is the best thing this team can do.

Dean Denton
12-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Yea, well we are only speaking the truth when we say this team is not making the playoffs and will be lucky to have a 8-8 record with the way they play ball. That's the truth.

If you saw Tomlin presser today, you can tell there is something major wrong with this team and he knows it. I think we are finally seeing the real Tomlin. I don't think he can handle adversity well, which is what he preaches. I think he is all mouth and puppet.
I can't find it, can you share the link? I need to get my Tomlin hate on and it's almost 7:30 and need to to bash on him a little today. I've felt like he's been losing this team for a while now.

Troyisabeast_43
12-08-2013, 11:24 PM

If you saw Tomlin presser today, you can tell there is something major wrong with this team and he knows it. I think we are finally seeing the real Tomlin. I don't think he can handle adversity well, which is what he preaches. I think he is all mouth and puppet.I dont expect them to overcome all of this and make the playoffs but all I am pointing out if that there is at least still at least a glimmer of hope. You are right though overall there is a problem with this team and it starts and ends I believe a great deal with Mike Tomlin. It's very disturbing that this team has not won one playoff game since the AFC Championship game here against the Jets in 2011 which was the 2010 season. That is now officially 3 seasons with no home playoff games and no playoff wins and for this franchise that is completely and totally unacceptable in my book. These are things that have to change in my opinion with this team over the next 2 seasons or so or it's going to be time to strongly consider looking for a new head coach.

Tomlin is only going to get so much slack from the media and the fanbase for so long before people really start calling for his head. The media and other Tomlin apologist cant keep continuing to say that he won a Super Bowl in 2008. That was almost 6 years ago now and nobody really cares about it anymore it's forgotten about. He isnt going to able to live off the Super Bowl win in 2008 forever at some point this team has got to start showing some improvement under his guidance and you are just not seeing it at all and it's very very concerning as it should be...

Dean Denton
12-08-2013, 11:30 PM
I dont expect them to overcome all of this and make the playoffs but all I am pointing out if that there is at least still at least a glimmer of hope. You are right though overall there is a problem with this team and it starts and ends I believe a great deal with Mike Tomlin. It's very disturbing that this team has not won one playoff game since the AFC Championship game here against the Jets in 2011 which was the 2010 season. That is now officially 3 seasons with no home playoff games and no playoff wins and for this franchise that is completely and totally unacceptable in my book. These are things that have to change in my opinion with this team over the next 2 seasons or so or it's going to be time to strongly consider looking for a new head coach. Tomlin is only going to get so much slack from the media and the fanbase for so long before people really start calling for his head. He isnt going to live off the Super Bowl win in 2008 forever at some point this team has got to start showing some improvement under his guidance and you are just not seeing it at all and it's very very concerning as it should be...

I agree. I always talk about not hosting playoff games and I get dismissed by everyone like its no big deal, but city's profit big time from host those games and this team hasn't been looking good. Rooneys have to be concerned at this point and really need to rethink the direction of this team. But again, getting rid of Ben is not the answer. He's our only star attraction and only player worth spending money on to come and see.

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Troy, I understand what you are saying. But, I think there is a WAY better chance that Lloyd Christmas hooks-uo with that chick in " Dumb and Dumber " then there is the Steelers get into the playoffs!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

LASVEGASGUY
12-08-2013, 11:38 PM

Why would anyone in their right mind want to see the Steelers backpeddle into the playoffs? Why can't we all agree the Steelers suck, they have a baffoon for a coach and owners who would rather be politically correct then win football games.

LatrobePA
12-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Why would anyone in their right mind want to see the Steelers backpeddle into the playoffs? Why can't we all agree the Steelers suck, they have a baffoon for a coach and owners who would rather be politically correct then win football games.

Can't say it much better then this..

Dean Denton
12-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Um, let me see... The Ravens back peddled into the playoffs last year, losing 4 of there last 5 and went on to win it all. If you get in ya got a shot. No one though the Ravens were even making the playoffs last year and Gus's what? Boom!!! But you are right, Steelers suck, why try????

LatrobePA
12-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Boldin made Flacco look good. No one on this team is making anyone look good. It's just not our year!

LevonKirkland99
12-09-2013, 12:44 AM
We can beat Cincy..but we'll lose in Green bay and their truck driver coach. Honestly though, I can't wait till this season is over...starting 0-4 is not going to get us to the playoffs.

Clevelandsux
12-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Enough about the playoffs. Let's get our heads out of our arses here. Would like to see steelers finish strong.

questforSB7
12-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Cincy just went ahead for the 5th seed...no way they will wanna give it back to Indy. They will wanna win next Sunday, and keep ahead of them. That way they host maybe a warm weather city like Miami or San Diego...instead of KC.

steelchamp204
12-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Frustrating thing this year.

There is not 1 clear cut team to win it all, well besides Denver for the AFC. The AFC is pretty weak this season. That is why this year is such a dissapointment.

Years past the Pats/Colts/Ravens/Steelers/Chargers were all legitimate contenders for the AFC crown. This season, outside of Denver, it can be anyones.

Dean Denton
12-09-2013, 01:59 AM
Frustrating thing this year.

There is not 1 clear cut team to win it all, well besides Denver for the AFC. The AFC is pretty weak this season. That is why this year is such a dissapointment.

Years past the Pats/Colts/Ravens/Steelers/Chargers were all legitimate contenders for the AFC crown. This season, outside of Denver, it can be anyones.

And the truth is Denver doesn't scare anyone with Peyton's playoff history. I was picking New England until Gronk went out. Around the league I don't see anyone that is a clear cut lock in the snow come Super Bowl Sunday. But yeah, the AFC could have been ours for the first time in forever. Pretty weak looking.

coldrolled
12-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Cincy just went ahead for the 5th seed...no way they will wanna give it back to Indy. They will wanna win next Sunday, and keep ahead of them. That way they host maybe a warm weather city like Miami or San Diego...instead of KC.

Miami sucks in the snow. lol

coldrolled
12-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Can't say it much better then this..

This and DL can retire himself and his made for Quarterbacks defense.

LatrobePA
12-09-2013, 08:56 AM
This and DL can retire himself and his made for Quarterbacks defense.

Yes sir, the zone **** is outdated. Get some DB's that can press and find a way to trade Woodley he's wasted cap space. Worlids is $$ and another year for Jones will do wonders.

Rocky#20
12-09-2013, 11:00 AM
The Dolphins have the best shot now for the 6th seed, they have the easiest schedule left. The Steelers always find a way to lose close games, whether it's Sanders dropping a 2 point conversion or Brown stepping on the sideline with a clear path to end zone, they find new ways to lose games every week now.

Real Deal Steel
12-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Why would I want a team (even if it's my team) to make the playoffs with 8 losses??

LASVEGASGUY
12-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Why would I want a team (even if it's my team) to make the playoffs with 8 losses??

8? Are you assuming we win the next 3? I say 10 losses is in the cards for Tomlin's circus act called the Steelers.

Real Deal Steel
12-09-2013, 02:00 PM
I was being kind when I said 8. :lol:

LatrobePA
12-09-2013, 02:30 PM
I was being kind when I said 8. :lol:

Very kind! lol

I can see them beating the Browns and that's it and iffy!

LASVEGASGUY
12-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Very kind! lol

Browns were robbed yesterday. They smacked the Patriots around for 55 minutes and deserved to win. Still shaking my head on how they lost that game. While the Browns played them close the Patriots conduct scrimmage on us. I wouldn't pencil a Steeler win just yet.

coldrolled
12-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Very kind! lol

Go with youth for three games and beat the browns for the draft picks. if we get a high enough pick we can trade down for a teams QB choice and get an extra 2nd pick, since goodell will steal one before the draft.

coldrolled
12-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Very kind! lol

Go with youth for three games and beat the browns for the draft picks. if we get a high enough pick we can trade down for a teams QB choice and get an extra 2nd pick, since goodell will steal one before the draft.

steelchamp204
12-09-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm wanting defense the first two rounds. I know people are crazy for a WR/TE in the first. But this defense has more issues than the offense I believe.

Clevelandsux
12-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Browns were robbed yesterday. They smacked the Patriots around for 55 minutes and deserved to win. Still shaking my head on how they lost that game. While the Browns played them close the Patriots conduct scrimmage on us. I wouldn't pencil a Steeler win just yet.

Enough about the poop eating browns.

Ron~Popeil
12-09-2013, 07:22 PM
I am not saying a thing about this topic. The last time I declared the Steelers done for was 2005.

lancer89074
12-10-2013, 03:55 PM
I am feeling better now that the Steelers have no realistic shot at getting to the playoffs. Please, let them rest in peace.

Dean Denton
12-12-2013, 06:08 AM
So besides us winning out, who and how many loses do we need from the rest of the league to make the playoffs?

coldrolled
12-12-2013, 07:40 AM
this team needs to go 5-11 for a solid #1 and #2 let wheaton and moye play... shamarko and jones need way more time.
let arnfelt in. we are old on defense, we don't even have a good young CB to have play instead of ike.

Dean Denton
12-12-2013, 09:22 AM
this team needs to go 5-11 for a solid #1 and #2 let wheaton and moye play... shamarko and jones need way more time.
let arnfelt in. we are old on defense, we don't even have a good young CB to have play instead of ike.

That wasnt my question and you can forget about 5-11. Pipe dream brother. This isn't the redskins. This franchise has pride. They aren't going to shut it down for the rest of the year because things are tough. Ben has never finished with a losing record. 8-8 is as bad as its been for him and I promise he's not trying to tank for draft picks that may or may not pan out. No, these guys are gonna fight and hope teams lose and we some how grab that 6th seed at 8-8. Now, how do we do this. I need the numbers guys here....

Big T
12-12-2013, 09:31 AM
That wasnt my question and you can forget about 5-11. Pipe dream brother. This isn't the redskins. This franchise has pride. They aren't going to shut it down for the rest of the year because things are tough. Ben has never finished with a losing record. 8-8 is as bad as its been for him and I promise he's not trying to tank for draft picks that may or may not pan out. No, these guys are gonna fight and hope teams lose and we some how grab that 6th seed at 8-8. Now, how do we do this. I need the numbers guys here....

The original post in this thread explains it all.

Dean Denton
12-12-2013, 09:35 AM
The original post in this thread explains it all.
Good lord, that seems like a lot that has to happen. Maybe we should take a page out of the redskins play book and shut it down. Ben can get over it. 5th overall pick could be used to trade back and land another 2nd rounder.

Troyisabeast_43
12-12-2013, 09:42 AM
That wasnt my question and you can forget about 5-11. Pipe dream brother. This isn't the redskins. This franchise has pride. They aren't going to shut it down for the rest of the year because things are tough. Ben has never finished with a losing record. 8-8 is as bad as its been for him and I promise he's not trying to tank for draft picks that may or may not pan out. No, these guys are gonna fight and hope teams lose and we some how grab that 6th seed at 8-8. Now, how do we do this. I need the numbers guys here....If the Chargers lose to the Broncos,the Jets lose to Carolina,Tennessee loses to Arizona,Miami loses to New England and Baltimore loses to Detroit on Monday night which all seem very very likely to happen and the Steelers win at home Sunday night against Cincinnati they will still be very much in it going into the game at Green Bay next Sunday. They wont have to worry about what San Diego and Tennessee do the last 2 weeks of the season if they both lose this week both of them wont be able to win the tiebrakers over the Steelers if the Steelers finish at 8-8...Lets see how it plays out during the day on Sunday should be interesting because I believe that all of these teams that I mentioned that the Steelers need to lose will lose...

Dean Denton
12-12-2013, 09:50 AM
If the Chargers lose to the Broncos,the Jets lose to Carolina,Tennessee loses to Arizona,Miami loses to New England and Baltimore loses to Detroit on Monday night which all seem very very likely to happen and the Steelers win at home Sunday night against Cincinnati they will still be very much in it going into the game at Green Bay next Sunday. They wont have to worry about what San Diego and Tennessee do the last 2 weeks of the season if they both lose this week both of them wont be able to win the tiebrakers over the Steelers if the Steelers finish at 8-8...Lets see how it plays out during the day on Sunday should be interesting because I believe that all of these teams that I mentioned that the Steelers need to lose will lose...

Sounds good. I think they can do this. Well, I think those other teams can lose and we can beat the bengals. Right?

Real Deal Steel
12-12-2013, 11:21 AM
We are not going to be the Bengals. Can't see that.

Dean Denton
12-12-2013, 12:49 PM

Why not?

Big T
12-12-2013, 02:36 PM

It's a divisional game. Of course they have a shot. Not to mention that they lost to them 20-10 in Cincy, week 2 when they were in the middle of looking horrible. Say what you will about this team, they've improved and they aren't quite as bad as people think.

LatrobePA
12-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Here's their pulse: _________________________________________________^ ______________________

Real Deal Steel
12-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Why not?

Bengals are arguably the most well balanced team in the league. I don't see us winning that game unless we generated turnovers and our defense doesn't do that normally.

K Train
12-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Bengals are arguably the most well balanced team in the league. I don't see us winning that game unless we generated turnovers and our defense doesn't do that normally.

They have their problems, i dont think andy dalton is striking fear into the hearts of the NFL

Real Deal Steel
12-12-2013, 03:37 PM
They have their problems, i dont think andy dalton is striking fear into the hearts of the NFL

Your right. I've often bashed Dalton around here. But they cover up for him by surrounding him with playmakers. All his noodle arm has to do is get it to the playmakers and they do the rest.

LatrobePA
12-12-2013, 03:40 PM

We'll crush Cinci... 20 bucks??

SuperSteelers
12-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Put a fork in them! They are so done.

SuperSteelers
12-12-2013, 03:59 PM

Come on Dean you know better than what "ifs". "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas." I like your enthusiasm though. It is most refreshing when lurking around on this forum of doom and gloom.

Dean Denton
12-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Looks like the chargers are going to put us out of our misery tonight so well finish 8-8 and miss again. Or just lay down and get fisted the rest of the season.

Troyisabeast_43
12-12-2013, 11:31 PM
SD winning tonight would mean the Steelers would need them to lose at home to either the Raiders or Chiefs the final 2 weeks of the season which would definitely make it tougher. They are kicking the Broncos *** tonight though...

Real Deal Steel
12-12-2013, 11:34 PM
You guys are sooooo dillusional. You act like all those things are going to happen AND we are going to beat the Bengals. LOL.

Troyisabeast_43
12-12-2013, 11:51 PM
I still think the Broncos are going to come back and win this game they are down by 7 with about 10 in a half minutes left...

Dean Denton
12-13-2013, 12:00 AM
You guys are sooooo dillusional. You act like all those things are going to happen AND we are going to beat the Bengals. LOL.
They could, it's football. If there was no chance they would just start the playoffs now. Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!!!

Troyisabeast_43
12-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Chargers hang on and win 27-20 I gotta admit I didnt see this one coming but that is why you never say never in the NFL because you just never know who is going to lose week in and week out. Steelers now need the Titans to lose Arizona,Jets to lose at Carolina,Miami to lose to New England and Baltimore to lose at Detroit this weekend. If the Steelers do get all of that to happen and they beat Cincinnati Sunday night they still are going to need SD to drop one of their last 2 games at home to either Oakland or Kansas City. Again though if the Dolphins,Jets and Titans lose Sunday and the Ravens lose Monday night in Detroit which are all very very possible and the Steelers win they will stay alive another week so we will see how it all plays out...

Big T
12-13-2013, 12:58 AM
Chargers hang on and win 27-20 I gotta admit I didnt see this one coming but that is why you never say never in the NFL because you just never know who is going to lose week in and week out. Steelers now need the Titans to lose Arizona,Jets to lose at Carolina,Miami to lose to New England and Baltimore to lose at Detroit this weekend. If the Steelers do get all of that to happen and they beat Cincinnati Sunday night they still are going to need SD to drop one of their last 2 games at home to either Oakland or Kansas City. Again though if the Dolphins,Jets and Titans lose Sunday and the Ravens lose Monday night in Detroit which are all very very possible and the Steelers win they will stay alive another week so we will see how it all plays out...

Not dead yet. It's improbable but not impossible. Both of SD games may be at home but they're also divisional games. Not to mention the fact that KC could have a chance at the division come week 17 and the raiders already beat SD this year. Of course none of this matters if the Steelers don't handle their own business. It's strange that they still have a shot.

Real Deal Steel
12-13-2013, 11:24 AM

You can say "never" for our team. They are like a Turkey on Thanksgiving..........DONE! But if it's any consolation, the Ravens will be taking it on the chin in Detriot on Sunday. That pass rush will get to Flacco. Remember, they just tore up Matt Flynn for 10 sacks on Thanksgiving. They will get atleast 4 or 5 on Flacco. And Flacco will throw his customary interception or two to help matter along.

Real Deal Steel
12-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Sorry..but I don't see us beating the Bengals. We could. But this team hasn't played desperate enough to want to win a game like that. The closest we've seen our team play in a desperate mode is against the Ravens. Other then that, I don't see the urgency by the entire team like we need to.

As of late, the defense acts like life is just a walk in the park.

LatrobePA
12-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Suddenly the Dildo's look beatable... Uh Oh, another early exit for Manning in the playoffs!

Troyisabeast_43
12-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Time to scoreboard watch this afternoon and see what happens. At 1 need the Patriots to beat Miami,and at 4 need Carolina to beat the Jets, and for Arizona to beat Tennessee. If all that occurs today and the Steelers win tonight against the Bengals we watch tomorrow night's game and like always we root hard for the Ravens to lose to the Lions in Detroit. If this all plays out like we hope it will the standings come late tomorrow night for the last wildcard will look like this going into next week's game against Green Bay...

Ravens 7-7
Dolphins 7-7
Chargers 7-7
Steelers 6-8
Jets 6-8
Titans 5-9

SuperSteelers
12-15-2013, 04:44 PM
If Miami wins today doesn't that end all playoff hopes for the Steelers?

Troyisabeast_43
12-15-2013, 05:22 PM
If Miami wins today doesn't that end all playoff hopes for the Steelers?Miami wins so what this now means is the Steelers only chance to get in is win out have Baltimore lose 2 out of their last 3,SD lose 1 of their last 2, Tennessee needs to lose 1 of their last 3,the Jets need to lose today at Carolina and win against Cleveland and Miami the last 2 weeks, and the Dolphins need to lose their last 2 game at Buffalo next week and to the Jets at home the last week of the season. Other then that piece of cake lol...The Chargers winning Thursday night in Denver and the Dolphins winning today against New England which both were very unexpected I guess you could say pretty much killed the Steelers chances of whatever hopes they did have of still getting in...

Dean Denton
12-15-2013, 05:25 PM
So now, with the season really being finished do we put Landry in there to save Ben? I mean, what's the point? Don't we want to save him like RG3rdstring...lol

TarlsQtr
12-15-2013, 05:33 PM
So now, with the season really being finished do we put Landry in there to save Ben? I mean, what's the point? Don't we want to save him like RG3rdstring...lol

It makes sense on one level but if you think back, it just is not done very often other than maybe the last week when there are no playoff implications for either team.

As John Madden said about the RGIII benching: "
"If you're in the regular season, there's only one way to play, and that's to play your best people to win the game, every regular season game," he said. http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-12-12/john-madden-mike-shanahan-robert-griffin-iii-rg3-benched-integrity-audio

Troyisabeast_43
12-15-2013, 05:45 PM
That's the difference this year with the Steelers these last 2-3 weeks and teams like the Ravens,Dolphins and Chargers the last 2-3 weeks. Those teams are finding ways to win big games and beat good teams in big games in doing so to keep their playoff chances alive. The Steelers simply arent and havent been good enough to do so. This is a big big game now for the Bengals as they can take over the number 2 seed tonight over the Patriots with a win over the Steelers seeing that they both would then be 10-4 and the Bengals own the head to head tiebraker over the Patriots by beating them in week 5. So this game just got a lot more important for Cincinnati tonight by virtue of what happened in Miami today with the Patriots losing to the Dolphins...

Troyisabeast_43
12-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Jets and Titans both lose so the Steelers get a little bit of help there. The Titans are officially eliminated and the Steelers dont have to worry about them. The Steelers now need the Ravens to lose 2 out of their last 3, the Chargers to lose 1 of their last 2 and for the Jets to win their last 2 games and for the Dolphins to lose their last 2 games to make the playoffs at 8-8 it's as simple as that...Little footnote the Packers just completed a huge huge comeback to beat the Cowboys and stay alive in the playoff race which means that Aaron Rodgers will definitely be back next week when the Packers play the Steelers...If anything the Steelers can get a little bit pf payback on Rodgers and the Packers for the Super Bowl loss 3 years ago by knocking their asses out of the playoffs with a win at Lambeau next Sunday...

eweid
12-15-2013, 09:14 PM
how can we still pass the dolphins when they have beaten us head to head?

steelchamp204
12-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Man, this team is DONE. Play hard the last 3 games and play to kick ***. Maybe next year.

Troyisabeast_43
12-15-2013, 09:40 PM
how can we still pass the dolphins when they have beaten us head to head? The Dolphins have to lose next Sunday at Buffalo and The Jets have to win their last 2 games at home with Cleveland next Sunday and beat Miami in Miami the final week of the season to finish at 8-8 with Miami at 8-8. This is how they can finish ahead of Miami because the Jets would finish ahead of Miami in the division based on having a better division record of 3-3 to Miami's 2-4. The Jets would cancel Miami out for the Steelers by breaking the tie within the division first and then the Steelers would win the tiebraker over the Jets at 8-8 based on their head to head win over the Jets. That is how they can get in over Miami and it's actually the only way. Its a very very long shot to happen but it's not completely impossible either.

Big T
12-16-2013, 12:35 AM

Whoops

steelchamp204
12-16-2013, 12:45 AM
The Dolphins have to lose next Sunday at Buffalo and The Jets have to win their last 2 games at home with Cleveland next Sunday and beat Miami in Miami the final week of the season to finish at 8-8 with Miami at 8-8. This is how they can finish ahead of Miami because the Jets would finish ahead of Miami in the division based on having a better division record of 3-3 to Miami's 2-4. The Jets would cancel Miami out for the Steelers by breaking the tie within the division first and then the Steelers would win the tiebraker over the Jets at 8-8 based on their head to head win over the Jets. That is how they can get in over Miami and it's actually the only way. Its a very very long shot to happen but it's not completely impossible either.

Gino Smith will throw 3 ints next week against the Browns.

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Whoops

This is why you keep playing until you are officially eliminated. Sure it's a long shot and most likely will not happen but the bottom line is the Steelers are still alive for at least another week and still have some hope...

Big T
12-16-2013, 12:46 AM
This is why you keep playing until you are officially eliminated. Sure it's a long shot and most likely will not happen but the bottom line is the Steelers are still alive for at least another week and still have some hope...

Yessir

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2013, 12:51 AM
As I just mentioned in another thread if anything the Steelers have a chance to knock the Packers out of the playoffs at Lambeau field next Sunday by beating them and get some kind of payback for the Super Bowl loss a few years ago...

Real Deal Steel
12-16-2013, 01:49 AM
As I just mentioned in another thread if anything the Steelers have a chance to knock the Packers out of the playoffs at Lambeau field next Sunday by beating them and get some kind of payback for the Super Bowl loss a few years ago...

Hahahaha.

Tango-9
12-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Whoops

beating the Bengals at this point is like bringing Heidi Klum to the prom, late, and finding the doors locked.

Big T
12-16-2013, 02:06 AM
Hahahaha.

Is this how you were laughing when you said we wouldn't beat the Bengals?

Dean Denton
12-16-2013, 05:36 AM
Is this how you were laughing when you said we wouldn't beat the Bengals?

I was with ya Big T, we knew the Steelers would post up that top five defense with our new hybrid offense..lol it was the best game I've watched all year. Still, not looking good for us having to bank on the Jets, but it would be nice to see Rogers back next week and maybe have another great game next week with Green Bay. Be nice to finish up 8-4 and pray we stay healthy to start the season next year. Not really caring about draft picks at this point, just want to finish strong. You can tell Ben was a little pissed in his on the field interview after the game. He knows this offense is playing well enough to make some noise, but Christ, our defense is sooo shaky. Ben just wants a chance because he knows he can win rings. I promise you guys he can and will get us a couple more. I know it in my heart...

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2013, 07:11 AM

That's not even partial payment

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2013, 07:12 AM
beating the Bengals at this point is like bringing Heidi Klum to the prom, late, and finding the doors locked.

lol nice

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2013, 07:14 AM
I was with ya Big T, we knew the Steelers would post up that top five defense with our new hybrid offense..lol it was the best game I've watched all year. Still, not looking good for us having to bank on the Jets, but it would be nice to see Rogers back next week and maybe have another great game next week with Green Bay. Be nice to finish up 8-4 and pray we stay healthy to start the season next year. Not really caring about draft picks at this point, just want to finish strong. You can tell Ben was a little pissed in his on the field interview after the game. He knows this offense is playing well enough to make some noise, but Christ, our defense is sooo shaky. Ben just wants a chance because he knows he can win rings. I promise you guys he can and will get us a couple more. I know it in my heart...

Dean, why do you think it was the best game all year? Just exciting or the best they played? I ask beause they basically played the same game they played against the Patriots, except Dalton couldn't do what Brady did.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Dean, why do you think it was the best game all year? Just exciting or the best they played? I ask beause they basically played the same game they played against the Patriots, except Dalton couldn't do what Brady did.

Faulty memory?
Dalton not being Brady was hardly the only difference in those 2 games...

vs New England
- Ben Turnovers = 3
- Ben QBR = 48.8
- Special Teams splash plays = 0
- Rushing Yards against = 198

vs Cinci
- Ben Turnovers = 1
- Ben QBR= 90.1
- Special Teams splash plays = 2
- Rushing Yards against = 57

LatrobePA
12-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Faulty memory?
Dalton not being Brady was hardly the only difference in those 2 games...

vs New England
- Ben Turnovers = 3
- Ben QBR = 48.8
- Special Teams splash plays = 0
- Rushing Yards against = 198

vs Cinci
- Ben Turnovers = 1
- Ben QBR= 90.1
- Special Teams splash plays = 2
- Rushing Yards against = 57

Some people just can't admit the truth, it hurts too bad I guess!

NYCsteelersfan
12-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Some people just can't admit the truth, it hurts too bad I guess!

Roethlisberger had one TD and one INT in the 4th quarter which the steelers went into leading by 4 points. NE scored 28 points in the 4th quarter. Blaming that on Roethlisberger is expected from the other idiot, but you've just turned into a moron this season. You've claimed Roethlisberger has had a bad game every game this season. Stop watching for a shile and go gather your thoughts together.

LatrobePA
12-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Roethlisberger had one TD and one INT in the 4th quarter which the steelers went into leading by 4 points. NE scored 28 points in the 4th quarter. Blaming that on Roethlisberger is expected from the other idiot, but you've just turned into a moron this season. You've claimed Roethlisberger has had a bad game every game this season. Stop watching for a shile and go gather your thoughts together.

Ben has been up and down.... IS he 100% to blame, hell no! But you have to admit he's had a few stinkers.

steelchamp204
12-16-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm way more concerned about our defense, and defensive scheme than our offense.

LatrobePA
12-16-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm way more concerned about our defense, and defensive scheme than our offense.

Right... Offense has done enough to win more games. D hasn't, I still say it's time for a change! But we all know it won't happen Trip'n Tomlin will keep DL as long as he wants to stay.

Dean Denton
12-16-2013, 01:09 PM

Well, for starters they won. Beat the hell out of our division leading Bengals. Beat them up like we have been for the last decade. Watching Ben run the offense was a thing of beauty. Started 12/12, and really looked good. Sacks are way down over the last five weeks and it came at a time when this team, franchise and fan base really need something positive from these players. I thought they delivered in a big way. I think they showed the potential of what they are capable of and it gives me hope. Bell, IMO is really starting to develop into a pretty good player and I'm loving his stiff arm. The defense stepped up and didn't let Dalton and the boys back in the game and IMO showed the league that despite the fact they are most likely missing the playoffs that they are still very competitive and will be back. For the day it was a big win and yet again when the bengals and everyone else was thought we were no longer tough we punched someone in the mouth. It was fun to watch.

Real Deal Steel
12-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Right... Offense has done enough to win more games. D hasn't, I still say it's time for a change! But we all know it won't happen Trip'n Tomlin will keep DL as long as he wants to stay.

I think DL must have gay, naked photos on someone in the front office. That's the only way he's keeping that job. Giving 10 yard cushions to Marvin Jones??

NeilPatrickBanana
12-16-2013, 01:11 PM
I think DL must have gay, naked photos on someone in the front office. That's the only way he's keeping that job. Giving 10 yard cushions to Marvin Jones??

every time you repeat this, it reminds everyone how little you know about our own schemes

Dean Denton
12-16-2013, 01:16 PM
every time you repeat this, it reminds everyone how little you know about our own schemes
Neil, can you help me with this one? Because I for one don't get it. I know it's what we do, I just don't understand why. Is it to make up for our lack of speed? Is there some kind of method to avoid a flag for holding like Seattle? If you want to face palm me fine, but I'm just unclear as to why we play off so far.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-16-2013, 01:20 PM

I didn't blame anything on Roethlisberger, that's just your weird boyfriend defense mechanism overreacting...
I pointed out that your claim that the difference between Dalton and Brady's play was the ONLY difference was far from accurate...

Having a dominate 14 pt Special Teams impact if kind of a big difference
Having a run defense give up 50 yards vs 200 yards, is kind of a big difference

The Steelers did not go into the 4th quarter with a lead... in fact, they never had the lead at any point in the game... unlike the Cinci game, in which they lead the entire time...

Ben turned the ball over twice in the 1st quarter vs New England... totally a similar start to the one he had in Cinci where he completed like 7 straight...

Your comment was WAY off base... feel free to dig yourself deeper in

Dean Denton
12-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Neil, you're ignoring me. And he was 12/12 to start then came the over throw to the TE in the end zone.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Neil, can you help me with this one? Because I for one don't get it. I know it's what we do, I just don't understand why. Is it to make up for our lack of speed? Is there some kind of method to avoid a flag for holding like Seattle? If you want to face palm me fine, but I'm just unclear as to why we play off so far.

In a zone scheme you are defending an area of the field
In a Zone-blitz scheme, you are attacking from one area, while spreading your coverage as wide among the most important areas.

The least dangerous part of the field is the short areas near the sidelines.

The scheme is susceptible to "dink/dunk" offenses... but once you get into that red zone, there is less field to defend, so zone, becomes more man coverages (for us). Essentially, our defense will make you work really hard to execute long drives, while relying on big plays from sacks and coverage confusion. If you execute well enough to get into the red zone, we hold to FGs. We run a "bend don't break" defense.

Really good QBs pick us apart... others struggle mightily... there are more "really good QBs" than ever these days....

We can go into much greater detail if you want.... for example, we play a lot of cover 2, but we don't do it with 2 traditional safeties, like most teams... we play Clark in cover 2, but a lot of the time one of our corners, playing 10 yards off the ball, will have the 2nd cover 2 responsibility, while a LBer, or other corner is flashing underneath to take his zone.

People really underrate what our corners have to do. While playing man/press/island coverage is the most difficult job from a skill standpoint, our coverages are far more difficult from a schematic standpoint. It's one thing to be talented enough to cover the best WR 1 on 1 for 60 minutes... but it's just as difficult to make coverage reads play after play after play, when your responsibiity is dependent on what is going on the field in those split seconds.

People who think Ike Taylor sucks, have little to no understanding of our scheme, and how difficult his job is.

reasons for playing off
1. You don't have safety help over the top
2. You have underneath zone support from someone else
3. You have cover 2/3 responsibilities ALONG with your intermediate zone (one of the most difficult aspects of our defense)
4. Down/Distance
5. Blitz support
and on and on and on

Real Deal Steel
12-16-2013, 02:59 PM
The Marvin Jones TD was a coverage breakdown. I don't charge that to Ike. But during the game, they just constantly give Jones this cushion like he's a speedster or something. I just really hate that they do that.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-16-2013, 03:09 PM
The Marvin Jones TD was a coverage breakdown. I don't charge that to Ike. But during the game, they just constantly give Jones this cushion like he's a speedster or something. I just really hate that they do that.

^ has no idea

Big T
12-16-2013, 03:37 PM
^ has no idea

Collinsworth even mentioned the fact that Marvin Jones has given the Bengals offense a deep threat not named AJ Green.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-16-2013, 03:52 PM
Collinsworth even mentioned the fact that Marvin Jones has given the Bengals offense a deep threat not named AJ Green.

i wasnt even commenting on his speed... but simply the reference to speed itself, as if it has something to do with the cushion, only proves how little he knows about what we do schematically

Dean Denton
12-16-2013, 04:11 PM
In a zone scheme you are defending an area of the field
In a Zone-blitz scheme, you are attacking from one area, while spreading your coverage as wide among the most important areas.

The least dangerous part of the field is the short areas near the sidelines.

The scheme is susceptible to "dink/dunk" offenses... but once you get into that red zone, there is less field to defend, so zone, becomes more man coverages (for us). Essentially, our defense will make you work really hard to execute long drives, while relying on big plays from sacks and coverage confusion. If you execute well enough to get into the red zone, we hold to FGs. We run a "bend don't break" defense.

Really good QBs pick us apart... others struggle mightily... there are more "really good QBs" than ever these days....

We can go into much greater detail if you want.... for example, we play a lot of cover 2, but we don't do it with 2 traditional safeties, like most teams... we play Clark in cover 2, but a lot of the time one of our corners, playing 10 yards off the ball, will have the 2nd cover 2 responsibility, while a LBer, or other corner is flashing underneath to take his zone.

People really underrate what our corners have to do. While playing man/press/island coverage is the most difficult job from a skill standpoint, our coverages are far more difficult from a schematic standpoint. It's one thing to be talented enough to cover the best WR 1 on 1 for 60 minutes... but it's just as difficult to make coverage reads play after play after play, when your responsibiity is dependent on what is going on the field in those split seconds.

People who think Ike Taylor sucks, have little to no understanding of our scheme, and how difficult his job is.

reasons for playing off
1. You don't have safety help over the top
2. You have underneath zone support from someone else
3. You have cover 2/3 responsibilities ALONG with your intermediate zone (one of the most difficult aspects of our defense)
4. Down/Distance
5. Blitz support
and on and on and on
Thanks Neil. Makes some sense to me. Still a little confusing because it always looks like a prevent defense. Watching on TV I can never tell what they are calling. So much easier when I'm at the game. Oh what I wouldn't give for the NFL to give us the behind the QB camera angle so we can see the defense, watch how the oline opens holes and play development. Your break down is clear, as clear as you can make it. It just boggles my mind that they run it or fail to create better coverage for high end QBs. Is there a difference between what we run and the prevent or is it basically the same thing? Again, I except the face palm but again it's hard for me to tell watching coverage per-snap on TV. Thanks Neil, and if you could forward me a copy of your résumé..lol

Big T
12-16-2013, 05:06 PM
i wasnt even commenting on his speed... but simply the reference to speed itself, as if it has something to do with the cushion, only proves how little he knows about what we do schematically

I know, I was just pointing out the fact that Collinsworth even brought it up that he was a deep threat.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Thanks Neil. Makes some sense to me. Still a little confusing because it always looks like a prevent defense. Watching on TV I can never tell what they are calling. So much easier when I'm at the game. Oh what I wouldn't give for the NFL to give us the behind the QB camera angle so we can see the defense, watch how the oline opens holes and play development. Your break down is clear, as clear as you can make it. It just boggles my mind that they run it or fail to create better coverage for high end QBs. Is there a difference between what we run and the prevent or is it basically the same thing? Again, I except the face palm but again it's hard for me to tell watching coverage per-snap on TV. Thanks Neil, and if you could forward me a copy of your résumé..lol

I highly recommend:
http://www.nfl.com/coachesfilm

Our base and nickel defenses are completely different from our prevent defense

Dean Denton
12-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Well Detroit isn't going to do us any favors tonight, Christ. Looks like Elum or Elem, whatever his name is got in Megatrons head because the Ravens are totally taking this game over. God damn it!!!!

Big T
12-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Unf*ckingreal non call on that last pass. Obvious arm bar by the Ravens DB in the endzone and no call. Instead of three it should be 1st and goal at the one.

The Ravens get ticky tacky **** every week but the officials miss that blatant PI. Unreal.

Big T
12-16-2013, 11:45 PM
At least they showed a montage of all the BS PI calls/non calls the Ravens get or benefit from. Jesus.

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2013, 11:52 PM
The Lions offense is due to put the ball in the end zone here in the 4th quarter they are just way too good to be held off the scoreboard this long...

Speeed
12-16-2013, 11:58 PM
Typical Ravens game. They move the ball on penalties, kick 3, and wait for the other team to screw up.

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:10 AM
At least they showed a montage of all the BS PI calls/non calls the Ravens get or benefit from. Jesus.

It's tough to watch any game anymore. These calls this year have been replacement ref-like.

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:13 AM
Why does it seem the Ravens move the ball more with penalties due to PI than any other team in the league. Or is it just me and my hate for them?

Speeed
12-17-2013, 12:19 AM
That would be an accurate assessment.

Why does it seem the Ravens move the ball more with penalties due to PI than any other team in the league. Or is it just me and my hate for them?

Big T
12-17-2013, 12:20 AM

Nope it's not just your hatred of them. It's unreal. It really is. They wouldn't have even won last week if it wasn't or a couple bogus PI calls. It's seriously insane how many calls they get. Flacco does his Eli Manning impression, closing his eyes and heaving up a prayer, and more often than not they get PI. Pisses me off so much

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Nope it's not just your hatred of them. It's unreal. It really is. They wouldn't have even won last week if it wasn't or a couple bogus PI calls. It's seriously insane how many calls they get. Flacco does his Eli Manning impression, closing his eyes and heaving up a prayer, and more often than not they get PI. Pisses me off so much

I have been here a couple years. I always say this **** when we play the Ravens.

"The ravens will probably get 3-5 PI calls and 3 will be for 30+ yards" Or somewhere along the lines of that. I'm not scared of there offense, I just don't trust the refs when they go deep all the time. Perfect ****ing example is tonight.

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Now Joe will drive them down field with a few calls and the Ravens will kick a FG to win the game.

LevonKirkland99
12-17-2013, 12:26 AM
Johnson is not ON tonight...Ravens may steal this one.

Big T
12-17-2013, 12:27 AM
Now Joe will drive them down field with a few calls and the Ravens will kick a FG to win the game.

Exactly. Calvin Johnson drops the 2 point conversion and the Ravens will match down the field with at least one PI call and will kick a field goal to win. Happens every f*cking week.

Best receiver in the game just happens to drop 3 f*cking balls tonight. Unreal.

LevonKirkland99
12-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Ravens always get the ball with 2 min left....

Big T
12-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Let's hope Flacco's knee impacts his mobility and ability to drive the ball lol

LevonKirkland99
12-17-2013, 12:29 AM
Finally a call against the Ravens...

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:29 AM
Let's hope Flacco's knee impacts his mobility and ability to drive the ball lol

Yea right. lol

LevonKirkland99
12-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Flacco still chucking it down the field

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:31 AM
That's game. Unbelievable, I just can not get into my head why the Steelers can't run into teams where the other team just flat out sucks as much as the Ravens do.

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2013, 12:31 AM
Say what you want about Joe Flacco guys but the guy has a way of making big time throws when he absolutely has too especially over the last few seasons...Huge 3rd down conversion there to Jones...

Big T
12-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Say what you want about Joe Flacco guys but the guy has a way of making big time throws when he absolutely has too especially over the last few seasons...Huge 3rd down conversion there to Jones...

Helps when guys are wide open or get bogus PI calls.

SuperSteelers
Flacco is money

Big T
That's game. Unbelievable, I just can not get into my head why the Steelers can't run into teams where the other team just flat out sucks as much as the Ravens do.

Detroit has all 3 timeouts though.

Big T
12-17-2013, 12:33 AM
Flacco has money

Fixed it for you.

LevonKirkland99
12-17-2013, 12:33 AM
Flacco is money

He sure is inside 2 minutes

LevonKirkland99
12-17-2013, 12:34 AM
Maybe Tucker will miss here?

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2013, 12:34 AM
They are pushing their luck here asking Tucker to kick a 60 yard FG...The guy is due to miss at some point...

SuperSteelers
12-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Ravens win again

Big T
Unf*ckingreal

steelchamp204
I didnt even watch that play.

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2013, 12:36 AM
Wow you ****ing kidding me...

Big T
Ravens win again

Lions still have all 3 timeouts and only need a FG. Not over yet.

steelchamp204
LMFAO 61 YARDS. WWOOOOWWWW

SuperSteelers
That kick just sent my fantasy team to the championship round.

LevonKirkland99

Amen to that. Lol

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:37 AM
Man this game is over dude.

Big T
Jesus Christ

LevonKirkland99
Stafford is terrible

SuperSteelers

Told you...Stafford is a Tony Romo like QB

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:39 AM
Stafford is going to be getting the Romo treatment here pretty soon. He cant do **** in december either.

LevonKirkland99
12-17-2013, 12:40 AM
Told you...Stafford is a Tony Romo like QB

Stafford the 94 million dollars man.

Troyisabeast_43
Now the Ravens MUST lose Sunday against the Patriots at home or the Steelers are out too. The Packers got a huge gift tonight in this game by the Ravens...

Big T
Un****ingbelievable.

How big was the noncall, obvious PI in the endzone? Unreal. I swear to God the Ravens get so ****ing lucky with that ****.

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2013, 12:41 AM
The Steelers did the Ravens a favor last night by winning last night as the Ravens are now 1 game behind the Bengals and if they win their last 2 games they win the division...

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:42 AM
I just can not believe how lucky they are at times. Just un ****ing real

Dean Denton
12-17-2013, 12:42 AM
It's just not in our cards this year. I hate football. Banking on Detroit is worse then banking on the jets. in another city Detroit would have like 11-12 wins. This city is cursed. Calvin needs to come to Pittsburgh. On paper they look like a top five team, best in their division. On the field they look like the same old lions...lol

Big T
12-17-2013, 12:43 AM
Not to mention one of the best receivers in the history of the game dropping the two point conversion. The Ravens are seriously the luckiest ****ing team ever.

SuperSteelers
12-17-2013, 12:45 AM
Thank you Justin Tucker for sending my fantasy team to the championship round. I was down by 13 points entering tonight and thought I did not have a chance. Won by 10 points tonight. To bad this wasn't the championship round.

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Thank you Justin Tucker for sending my fantasy team to the championship round. I was down by 13 points entering tonight and thought I did not have a chance. Won by 10 points tonight. To bad this wasn't the championship round.

I made it to. My team did great this year 11-2. But **** TUCKER

Speeed
12-17-2013, 12:48 AM
I disagree. Without Tucker the Ravens are at 4 wins. They scored on fg's only. Set up by penalties and interceptions.

Flacco is money

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:49 AM
I swear to Christ, if the Ravens make it to the SB again and win. I **** myself and walk around all day with no wipes.

Big T
12-17-2013, 12:50 AM
I disagree. Without Tucker the Ravens are at 4 wins. They scored on fg's only. Set up by penalties and interceptions.

Agreed.

SuperSteelers
12-17-2013, 12:50 AM
I made it to. My team did great this year 11-2. But **** TUCKER

My team is #2 in the league with a 11-4 record facing the #1 team in my league who has the highest scoring average. Gonna be an up hill climb.

Big T
12-17-2013, 12:51 AM
I swear to Christ, if the Ravens make it to the SB again and win. I **** myself and walk around all day with no wipes.

They will. Close your eyes and chuck it deep Joe. That's all you need to do for another ring.

Dean Denton
12-17-2013, 12:52 AM
I still hate football. Roger Goodell is the devil and the Ravens are his minions. This league sucks. This new 1000 td a week sucks. And Tom Brady still has b!tch tits....

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:54 AM
I PRAY TO GOD THE SEAHAWKS WIN THE SB, THATS THE ONLY HOPE I HAVE.

Dean Denton
12-17-2013, 12:55 AM
They will. Close your eyes and chuck it deep Joe. That's all you need to do for another ring.

As long as Seattle doesn't win the Super Bowl I don't care who wins. Ravens can bring it back to the AFCN, fine. Just shows how hard we have it. Screw the NFC. Except Rogers. Him and I are pretty close friends. That restraining order thing was kind of funny though. He's such a prankster.

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 12:56 AM
As long as Seattle doesn't win the Super Bowl I don't care who wins. Ravens can bring it back to the AFCN, fine. Just shows how hard we have it. Screw the NFC. Except Rogers. Him and I are pretty close friends. That restraining order thing was kind of funny though. He's such a prankster.

WHY THE **** WOULD YOU WANT THE RAVENS TO WIN THE SB??????????????? WHAT THE ****!!!!ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Dean Denton
12-17-2013, 12:58 AM
I PRAY TO GOD THE SEAHAWKS WIN THE SB, THATS THE ONLY HOPE I HAVE.

Why, so they can continue to cry that they should have two? And that we hosed them and should give them the trophy.. No no no. Screw these fans out here. They should have never built their stadium on native burial grounds. The curse will get them.

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 01:00 AM
Why, so they can continue to cry that they should have two? And that we hosed them and should give them the trophy.. No no no. Screw these fans out here. They should have never built their stadium on native burial grounds. The curse will get them.

So you would rather have Ravens fan saying they won 3 superbowls in 14 years and act like the Colts never existed and won **** in the past. Or Flacco being better than Ben and the Ravens are a better organization blah blah blah blah and play them twice a year and hear the media talk about Baltimore and rave about them?

BARFF

Dean Denton
12-17-2013, 01:02 AM
WHY THE **** WOULD YOU WANT THE RAVENS TO WIN THE SB??????????????? WHAT THE ****!!!!ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Unlike most I don't hate the teams in our division. I'm a good sport and root for them when they play outside our division. I want our division solid. Hate backing in, and feel good when we earn it. Hate having a week division. Wish they would change things up every few years because I hate having the browns in our division. They stink and make us look weak. My god, how would you like to be a fan of a team in the NFC east? How embarrassing. No respect. I respect the Ravens, love there style of play. Love our games with them. I'll never be a hater.

Big T
12-17-2013, 01:03 AM
As long as Seattle doesn't win the Super Bowl I don't care who wins. Ravens can bring it back to the AFCN, fine. Just shows how hard we have it.

Bite your tongue. With a due respect, you're out of your ****ing mind sir. I don't give two shits where you live. Being a Steelers fan and saying you're fine with the Ravens winning another SB is bullshit...

I'm sorry. I'm super pissed after that bullshit of a game. Seriously though?

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 01:05 AM
Yea dude, you don't root for a division opponet to win it all.

That would be like me rooting for the Yankees to win the WS being an O's fan

**** THAT ****. Have you ever been to Baltimore and hear them talk about the Ravens, 10x worse than Seattle fans dude. Come on.

Big T
12-17-2013, 01:05 AM
I'm a good sport and root for them when they play outside our division.

For the love of God... Please stop this nonsense.

Big T
12-17-2013, 01:08 AM
I honestly couldn't root for the ravens to win even if them winning got us into the playoffs. **** the ravens.

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 01:11 AM
I honestly couldn't root for the ravens to win even if them winning got us into the playoffs. **** the ravens.

Lets be easy on Dean, he doesn't live on the East coast. Put him near Baltimore for a year or so he would understand. I just dont get how you would want them to win it all if they made the playoffs

Dean Denton
12-17-2013, 01:20 AM
For the love of God... Please stop this nonsense.
Totally true, browns, bengals too. It's not like I want them beating us, I just want our division to be the best in football. You have no idea what that's like unless you lived through the 70's era. I was too little but my uncle lives in the burgh and said it was epic. Everyone feared our division. Even the Browns and oilers made teams **** themselves. You know how much pride these Hawk fans have knowing they have the best team in the best division? That's all I'm saying. So if Dalton lines up against Russell Wilson Super Bowl Sunday, I hope that ginger steals his soul. I hate having a weak division that's all I'm saying. And I take pride in the rivals we play against. I don't have room in my heart for that much hate. New England, 49ers, Seattle and Dallas have all of it. I want the steelers to win every year but if we have two teams in our division that finish 4-12 and another 8-8, I don't get excited about that. Teams need to fear the AFC North, not look forward to playing them like the NFC East. Sorry you guys can't except that. I'm still your brother though and you can't be mad at me. It's a yinzer rule. I looked it up.

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 01:23 AM
Totally true, browns, bengals too. It's not like I want them beating us, I just want our division to be the best in football. You have no idea what that's like unless you lived through the 70's era. I was too little but my uncle lives in the burgh and said it was epic. Everyone feared our division. Even the Browns and oilers made teams **** themselves. You know how much pride these Hawk fans have knowing they have the best team in the best division? That's all I'm saying. So if Dalton lines up against Russell Wilson Super Bowl Sunday, I hope that ginger steals his soul. I hate having a weak division that's all I'm saying. And I take pride in the rivals we play against. I don't have room in my heart for that much hate. New England, 49ers, Seattle and Dallas have all of it. I want the steelers to win every year but if we have two teams in our division that finish 4-12 and another 8-8, I don't get excited about that. Teams need to fear the AFC North, not look forward to playing them like the NFC East. Sorry you guys can't except that. I'm still your brother though and you can't be mad at me. It's a yinzer rule. I looked it up.

I don't give a **** about the rest of the division, as long as the league fears the Steelers and respects the Steelers, that's all I give a **** about.

I'm not mad at you, but it's not a Yinzer rule to root for the Ravens. By any means

Big T
12-17-2013, 01:35 AM
I don't give a **** about the rest of the division, as long as the league fears the Steelers and respects the Steelers, that's all I give a **** about.

I'm not mad at you, but it's not a Yinzer rule to root for the Ravens. By any means

Agreed.

Dean Denton
12-17-2013, 01:49 AM
I care. I wish every 3 years they would change the divisions (I know Neil, dumb) to create better match ups. I would love it if Philly, Washington, pittsburgh and Baltimore were in the same division for a while. tired of playing the ohio teams. The only reason I hate the browns is because they stink. I'm the same way with the PAC 12 and people don't get that either. I root for the Huskies to crush everyone and they don't. But I have no issue rooting for Oregon to beat auburn in a bowl game. Screw the SEC, that's why. If your division is tough, then you will be tough. Seriously, if Baltimore was crap I don't think the steelers make it to Super Bowl 40 or 43. Metal sharpens metal and they made us better. They pushed us to greatness. As we did them. It all starts in our division and if its tough and we win it, playoffs are cake. Just like the 70's. outside our division only the Raiders challenged us. And guess what? Those bastards are my #2 because of it. And the Yinzer rule isn't about liking the ravens, I don't. I just don't want them to be sh!t. Cleveland needs to move to another city because it worked.

steelchamp204
12-17-2013, 01:51 AM
I care. I wish every 3 years they would change the divisions (I know Neil, dumb) to create better match ups. I would love it if Philly, Washington, pittsburgh and Baltimore were in the same division for a while. tired of playing the ohio teams. The only reason I hate the browns is because they stink. I'm the same way with the PAC 12 and people don't get that either. I root for the Huskies to crush everyone and they don't. But I have no issue rooting for Oregon to beat auburn in a bowl game. Screw the SEC, that's why. If your division is tough, then you will be tough. Seriously, if Baltimore was crap I don't think the steelers make it to Super Bowl 40 or 43. Metal sharpens metal and they made us better. They pushed us to greatness. As we did them. It all starts in our division and if its tough and we win it, playoffs are cake. Just like the 70's. outside our division only the Raiders challenged us. And guess what? Those bastards are my #2 because of it. And the Yinzer rule isn't about liking the ravens, I don't. I just don't want them to be sh!t. Cleveland needs to move to another city because it worked.

I'm so confused on how you can root for the Ravens, it's still not processing.

Big T
12-17-2013, 01:57 AM
I would love nothing more than the Ravens to go 0-16 every year.

Dean Denton
12-17-2013, 02:00 AM
I'm so confused on how you can root for the Ravens, it's still not processing.
Lol, I wouldn't go as far as to say I root for them. I didn't mean it that way. I just want the AFC North to be the best division in football. I don't care if they beat the entire league as long as they get beat by the steelers. I take pride in our division and I am so thankful it's not the NFC east. Who is even taking the winner of that division serious? I would never want the Steelers in a division like that. I would much rather ours be like the NFC West.