PDA

View Full Version : Slow first halfs for offense is killing this team

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 05:36 PM
This team has only scored more than 10 points twice out of 13 games so far this season.

Only time they have scored more than 10 was against the Lions and Browns. I know the defense hasn't been up to par this year also. But this offense needs to put up more points than 10 in a half.

Bell only getting 13 carries it seems per game is a shame. This offense will continue to sputter until Haley is gone as OC. Why can't he play the first half like he did the 2nd half today?? It was almost the completely opposite team on offense between halves.

jpele
12-08-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm guessing you can't read: this loss is AB's fault. Check with the members of this board.

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm guessing you can't read: this loss is AB's fault. Check with the members of this board.

No, it was a dumbass moment of his. Since WR and other practice that all the time to stay in bounds. But this game had to many mistakes and mental errors as a group.

Once again, this team was out coached also.

Ben running on 4th and 10 cracked me up also. I don't understand why he doesn't run like that throughout the game. I know he is not the fastest dude, but that made him successful when he was younger. Made the defense respect the offense a little more

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 07:51 PM
I truely believe this team is far away from being a contender. Just to many missing pieces right now. Sad that Ben has to go through this and still be in his prime.

coldrolled
12-08-2013, 10:27 PM
The offense is not killing the team...

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 10:29 PM
The offense is not killing the team...

Yes it is. Like I said, blame can go all around. But these 1st halves of games are utter **** scoring wise.

LatrobePA
12-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Ben has been rusty to start most of the games this year. Turning it on in the 3rd will lose you a lot of games. I thought Ben had one good quarter today then stunk it up late in the 4th. Taking sacks in the worst possible time.

Troyisabeast_43
12-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Jarvis Jones so far has been a complete bust as well. You dont even hear his name mentioned at all during any of these games. Hopefully he improves and gets better over the next few seasons but so far Jones has been a major major dissapointment he has shown virtually nothing...

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Jarvis Jones so far has been a complete bust as well. You dont even hear his name mentioned at all during any of these games. Hopefully he improves and gets better over the next few seasons but so far Jones has been a major major dissapointment he has shown virtually nothing...

This is my HUGE ISSUE.

Was it last season Worilds said he was better on the left side?? If so, why didnt the coaching staff try to make an adjustment last season, therefore changing of what we needed in the draft if Worilds played like he did this season. The failure of this coaching staff to try new things is what hold this team back.

So now, if we resign Worilds, do you really think Jones will be a good ILB, then we make Williams a backup and Spence the 3rd ILB?
This team has already wasted a future draft pick when they didnt resign Keenan Lewis also. Another mistake by Colbert/Tomlin and Co.

LatrobePA
12-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Take away Troys pick 6 and our offense stunk up the joint (again)...

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 10:58 PM

Yea, but the defense couldn't get key stops in the 2nd half to be fair. It pisses me off when Bell is doing a good job running the ball in the 1st quarter. Then you dont see him the ENTIRE ****ing 2nd quarter. Maybe a play or two, but that's it.

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 11:00 PM

You truly are a Clueless Idiot. Ben started the game 5-5 and a TD. He would have started 7-7 and 2 TD's early on but on his
6th and 7th passes, Miller and Brown dropped two PERFECTLY thrown passes. So once again...you are wrong!!

LatrobePA
12-08-2013, 11:04 PM
You truly are a Clueless Idiot. Ben started the game 5-5 and a TD. He would have started 7-7 and 2 TD's early on but on his
6th and 7th passes, Miller and Brown dropped two PERFECTLY thrown passes. So once again...you are wrong!!

Take bens **** out of your mouth you fukcing troll piece of a s h i t... Ben had a few high percentage passes early then stunk until the 3rd quarter. Snow, rain, who the Fkcu cares the other QB was making the throws.

LatrobePA
12-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Yea, but the defense couldn't get key stops in the 2nd half to be fair. It pisses me off when Bell is doing a good job running the ball in the 1st quarter. Then you dont see him the ENTIRE ****ing 2nd quarter. Maybe a play or two, but that's it.

Our defense sucks. 13th coming into today's game then allowing a miserable dolphins team playing in a blizzard to tear our asses up.

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Take bens **** out of your mouth you fukcing troll piece of a s h i t... Ben had a few high percentage passes early then stunk until the 3rd quarter. Snow, rain, who the Fkcu cares the other QB was making the throws.

ESPN Gamecast tracker has 8 drops by Steeler WR's today. By far the MOST in the league today. Besides that, Ben still threw for 349 yards, 3 TD's and ZERO picks...for a QB rating of 114.2......and I GUARANTEE you that you are the ONLY person here who would say that Sucks!!!

Ss stated...A Clueless Idiot. And I would say that right in your face Moron!! Now go to bed little BOY!!!

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 11:18 PM
ESPN Gamecast tracker has 8 drops by Steeler WR's today. By far the MOST in the league today. Besides that, Ben still threw for 349 yards, 3 TD's and ZERO picks...for a QB rating of 114.2......and I GUARANTEE you that you are the ONLY person here who would say that Sucks!!!

Ss stated...A Clueless Idiot. And I would say that right in your face Moron!! Now go to bed little BOY!!!

Biggest thing is, Ben didn't show up in crunch time when we needed a game winning drive, which hurt. You can argue the defense didnt either. But we really needed that drive at the end by the offense big time. Ben taking that big sack also hurt and killed any sort of momentum, then the god awful dumbass penalties.

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Biggest thing is, Ben didn't show up in crunch time when we needed a game winning drive, which hurt. You can argue the defense didnt either. But we really needed that drive at the end by the offense big time. Ben taking that big sack also hurt and killed any sort of momentum, then the god awful dumbass penalties.

My point is...YES he did. The problem was that KEY 3rd down passes were muffed by the WR's. Or do you expect Ben to throw, and catch it ?

LatrobePA
12-08-2013, 11:24 PM
No sense in even chatting with this fcuking shitbag he's got no clue...

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 11:27 PM
My point is...YES he did. The problem was that KEY 3rd down passes were muffed by the WR's. Or do you expect Ben to throw, and catch it ?

I'm not arguing with you about Ben and whatnot today. Even when Ben completed some passes, they weren't even close to being on target. Not to mention the pass he missed to a wide open Brown earlier in the game that could have been a huge gainer.

Like I said, when we needed Ben to come up big, he didnt. He had 2:49 to go 90 yards and couldn't get it done. Instead of working 10-15 yards here and there, he was trying to get it all until the 4th and 10 where he thought he could run for a 1st down and failed. How much of that was Haley? Not sure, but it wasn't pretty. That's all I am saying.

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 11:27 PM
No sense in even chatting with this fcuking shitbag he's got no clue...

Yeah right. No clue. Ben sucks. I guess that's why he has erassed EVERY Terry Bradshaw record that there is...and in LESS games. Cause he Sucks. ( LOL @ U )

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Yeah right. No clue. Ben sucks. I guess that's why he has erassed EVERY Terry Bradshaw record that there is...and in LESS games. Cause he Sucks. ( LOL @ U )

No one on this thread said Ben sucks. Why can we judge everyone else, but when it comes to Ben not showing up in crunch time today, he sucks?? No, all I said was that we needed him to step up and he didn't. He can't pull a captain comeback every time this team is down in the 4th with 3:00 or less to go, just the nature of sport.

Troyisabeast_43
12-08-2013, 11:48 PM
I had a real problem with Tomlin saying after the game at his press conference when they asked him about having to burn his 2nd timeout on the 4th and 10 on their own 10 yard line there with 2:30 left and Tomlin's ridiculous answer was there was a communication problem with getting the play in. That just goes to show you right there that there is no situational football awareness on the part of Tomlin for those kinds of situations late in games. I thought that was a ridiculous answer and response by Tomlin and it's a major major indictment toward himself and the way he coaches...

DanRooney
12-08-2013, 11:57 PM

The hell were you watching? Ben played very well this game. His one big blunder was the fumble that led to a Miami TD. There were quite a few drops today again also.

TarlsQtr
12-09-2013, 12:18 AM
This blame is not either/or. It was a team loss on both the offense and defense.

PS Ben was pretty damn good today, like he has been for the last several games.

Dean Denton
12-09-2013, 01:02 AM
Bens been a stud and having a MVP runner up type season.

LatrobePA
12-09-2013, 08:09 AM
The hell were you watching? Ben played very well this game. His one big blunder was the fumble that led to a Miami TD. There were quite a few drops today again also.

Very well? He played decent. Yea taking sacks late sure helped our chances. Like someone else said Ben and the offense didn't give up 34 points.. Ben isn't thriving in this crappy offense he don't fit.. That's where I'm going to leave it.

JensK
12-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Drops will happen when its that cold. Miami also had a few!

steelchamp204
12-09-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm not making this thread all about Ben. Why is it everyone assumes when we speak about the offense struggling to put up points all 4 quarters, it's all on Ben. That's not where I was going with my original post. It can be spread all around, the main issue is Haley.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-09-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm not making this thread all about Ben. Why is it everyone assumes when we speak about the offense struggling to put up points all 4 quarters, it's all on Ben. That's not where I was going with my original post. It can be spread all around, the main issue is Haley.

The Ben fan club is super sensitive around here...

LatrobePA
12-09-2013, 11:58 AM
The Ben fan club is super sensitive around here...

Yes it is. Ben and Haley hate each other, Ben has no desire to make him look good. Ben directed questions after to game about the gameplan to Haley. The writing is on the wall. Who's to blame? Ben for not buying in or Haley for selling junk?

steelchamp204
12-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Yes it is. Ben and Haley hate each other, Ben has no desire to make him look good. Ben directed questions after to game about the gameplan to Haley. The writing is on the wall. Who's to blame? Ben for not buying in or Haley for selling junk?

I think it goes both ways. But, I believe Haley is the bigger issue, track record speaks for itself.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-09-2013, 02:02 PM
I think it goes both ways. But, I believe Haley is the bigger issue, track record speaks for itself.

The bigger "big picture" issue has been the combination of our inept 4th quarter defense and Ben losing his 4th quarter magic. He was a money QB in the 4th quarter of close games... ever since he failed to execute a game winning drive in the super bowl against GB, he's lost his mojo in that regard. and coupled with an aging defense playing an outdated scheme... it's a combination that has led us to this point.

Haley's offense would've been perfect for Ben if he'd just bought in to it.

They were a perfect fit in 2012. up until he got injured, Ben was playing the best football of his entire career. If it wasnt for the cracks deepening in the defense leading to 2 fourth quarter collapses, they easily should've been 8-1 at the time Ben got crushed in KC.... then he came back to soon and played like garbage. Missing the playoffs gave Ben more latitude to push for what he wanted in the offense... and they opened this year with him playing the worst football of his career. He has since turned it around and since week 3 has played pretty good, but not to the level of needed to win. When he's not turning the ball over, Ben has been dynamite (aside from his deep downfield accuracy being garbage) this year. The problem is that he no longer has an elite defense putting him in favorable positions and he no longer has his 4th quarter mojo. I can think of 8 games off the top of my head (since the GB super bowl) that Ben has had a late 4th quarter drive to win, and hasn't gotten it done... im sure there are more in the last few years...

Ben never wanted Arians gone, even though the erraticism of his offense was why they never took the next step as an offense. Haley was a perfect fit (i hate him personally, but his offense was exactly what Ben needed), But Ben's 2x Winning Ego was too big.

Ben will have the most TDs and yards (per game even), in 2 years with Haley, than any back to back seasons with Arians (or whiz for that matter)? Ben has also improved one of his weaker areas (red zone).

I guess the real point is that Ben the athlete and Haley the Coordinator are a perfect fit. But Ben the Person and Haley the person are a terrible fit.

Rocky#20
12-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Ben is having an excellent season, 24 TD's, 10 picks, over 3700 yards and a QB rating of 94.1. He is on pace for around 30 TD's and about 4500 yards, that is pretty darn good. If Brown doesn't lose focus and God only knows why runs out of bounds, then Ben would have a another 4th quarter comeback.