PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak Fired

NeilPatrickBanana
12-06-2013, 01:31 PM
I would love to install that offense here. Perfect fit for our young oline. Perfect fit for Bell's running style. I think it would have a good mix that Ben would like (Vertical attack driven by a strong running game... hmmm that sounds familiar).

I usually hate the, "this guy was cut sign him" or "this guy was fired, hire him" threads... but this is one I could get behind.

But I dont want to replace Tomlin with Kubiak... I'd replace Haley with him though.

steelchamp204
12-06-2013, 01:49 PM
I would love to install that offense here. Perfect fit for our young oline. Perfect fit for Bell's running style. I think it would have a good mix that Ben would like (Vertical attack driven by a strong running game... hmmm that sounds familiar).

I usually hate the, "this guy was cut sign him" or "this guy was fired, hire him" threads... but this is one I could get behind.

But I dont want to replace Tomlin with Kubiak... I'd replace Haley with him though.

I would love to, I just have a feeling that we are going to be stuck with Haley a couple more seasons.

LatrobePA
12-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Ok, hire him.

Big T
12-06-2013, 02:02 PM
I'd absolutely be on board with hiring Kubiak as the new offensive coordinator.

questforSB7
12-06-2013, 02:08 PM
I have to agree. Not only cause I hate Haley but, no one can deny while as the OC at Denever from 2003 to 2005, Kubiak led a very good offense led by a average QB at best in Jake Plummer. But in each of those 3 seasons..Denver had a NEW Leading RB that Kubiak had to utilize...and he did. And besides his first season in Houston in 2006...every year after that Houston scored around 370 to 400 offensive points.

Can't argue with Neil on this one. Kubiak IS a proven success as a OC.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2013, 02:11 PM
I don't think Kubiak would be inline for another HC gig and will have to settle for an OC position......I'm all for replacing Todd Haley........Wish Todd Haley would die of gonorrhea........

Big T
12-06-2013, 02:14 PM
I don't think Kubiak would be inline for another HC gig and will have to settle for an OC position......I'm all for replacing Todd Haley........Wish Todd Haley would die of gonorrhea........

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVB2S5-oOQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DGfVB2S5-oOQ

K Train
12-06-2013, 02:39 PM
I dont really get the hate of Haley

Really dont get Kubiak being fired though, bad year i get it....he had schaub shitting the bed and a few UDFAs to choose from at QB

Big T
12-06-2013, 02:46 PM

Really dont get Kubiak being fired though, bad year i get it....he had schaub shitting the bed and a few UDFAs to choose from at QB

I agree that he was the scapegoat.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-06-2013, 03:40 PM

He's a victim of long term failure to take the next step. Unlike Tomlin, who is under fire by our stupid fan base, Kubiak has had disappointing seasons for a long time, and very little to hang his hat on (super bowls, playoffs, etc). He was on the hot seat a few years ago... but got things turned around. That turnaround was quickly offset by plummeting to the bottom of the league in pretty amazing fashion.

He's only been above 500, 3 times in 8 seasons... people should think about that when they are gung ho to fire Tomlin...

TarlsQtr
12-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Not sure if he would be a good fit. He would be a fine OC but if he were to be successful with us he would be a 1-2 year guy and then a head coach somewhere else. Then we have a mid 30's Ben learning his 3rd offense in about 5 years.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Not sure if he would be a good fit. He would be a fine OC but if he were to be successful with us he would be a 1-2 year guy and then a head coach somewhere else. Then we have a mid 30's Ben learning his 3rd offense in about 5 years.

or he could be like Lebeau, and stick to being what he's very good at... an OC.

K Train
12-06-2013, 04:38 PM
i like haley but id bring in kubiak.

Bring in Kubiak and Sexy Rexy as coordinators next season. I am in love with Rexs defensive scheme personally

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Rex always had a great scheme........

TarlsQtr
12-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Rex always had a great scheme........

And his wife has great toes...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2013, 05:41 PM
And his wife has great toes...

true...lol

Real Deal Steel
12-06-2013, 05:43 PM

Kubiak for Haley? I like it. And while we are at it, why don't we replace Tomlin with David Shaw (Stanford)?

TarlsQtr
12-06-2013, 05:43 PM
or he could be like Lebeau, and stick to being what he's very good at... an OC.

LeBeau was 106 at the time and it was pretty clear he would not be a head coach again. Kubiak is what, 50? Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great short-term solution but I would just prefer a long-term one. There are a ton of college OCs and HCs who would make great pro OCs and would be more likely to hang around for 5 years or so. I bet we could all come up with 10 who would be good choices.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-06-2013, 05:51 PM
LeBeau was 106 at the time and it was pretty clear he would not be a head coach again. Kubiak is what, 50? Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great short-term solution but I would just prefer a long-term one. There are a ton of college OCs and HCs who would make great pro OCs and would be more likely to hang around for 5 years or so. I bet we could all come up with 10 who would be good choices.

Is there such a thing as a long term solution at OC? If the guy does a great job, he'll inevitable end up on the "head coaching" short list.

I don't think Kubiak is all that more likely to get another head coaching opportunity quickly (as compared to a hot shot young OC who has success)... the guys who get 2nd and 3rd opportunities have more of a track record than Kubiak. He had an 8 year run... and has little to show for it. Cam Cameron ran a great offense in San Diego, and sucked as a head coach... no one is clamoring to sign Cameron. Brian Billick hasn't gotten a sniff in years... guys like Whiz, and Del Rio, and Phillips had had to crawl back to the coordinator positions where they belong, while new hot shots like Allen, Chudz, Rivera are the guys getting opportunities... Ii think that's more the nature of coaching jobs in the NFL.

Kubiak would be a good choice for a direction to take the offense... what his future holds would have no impact on my desire to get him.

LatrobePA
12-06-2013, 05:56 PM
What happened to their defense??

questforSB7
12-06-2013, 05:59 PM
I would say Dallas could be a option for Kubiak. I mean he is a Texas born guy. But Dallas problems are their Defense, not the offense.

TarlsQtr
12-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Is there such a thing as a long term solution at OC? If the guy does a great job, he'll inevitable end up on the "head coaching" short list.

I don't think Kubiak is all that more likely to get another head coaching opportunity quickly (as compared to a hot shot young OC who has success)... the guys who get 2nd and 3rd opportunities have more of a track record than Kubiak. He had an 8 year run... and has little to show for it. Cam Cameron ran a great offense in San Diego, and sucked as a head coach... no one is clamoring to sign Cameron. Brian Billick hasn't gotten a sniff in years... guys like Whiz, and Del Rio, and Phillips had had to crawl back to the coordinator positions where they belong, while new hot shots like Allen, Chudz, Rivera are the guys getting opportunities... Ii think that's more the nature of coaching jobs in the NFL.

Kubiak would be a good choice for a direction to take the offense... what his future holds would have no impact on my desire to get him.

There are no guarantees for sure.

That said, teams are a lot less likely to take a young coordinator after a year or two (Tomlin is an example of why there are no guarantees) than a former HC who has had success at the job. The Texans are not a bad team because Kubiak is not a quality head coach. I suspect other NFL teams know that just as I suspect others will argue with that last sentence. OC turnover is really tough on a QB/team. I just see a better chance at continuity with someone else. Again though, I would not complain a bit if they were to hire Kubiak.

K Train
12-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Kubiak for Haley? I like it. And while we are at it, why don't we replace Tomlin with David Shaw (Stanford)?
Why shaw? Has he done enough with Harbaughs recruits to make you believe in him as an NFL head coach lol

Tom Clements is my guy if they were looking to replace tomlin, which they arent

Big T
12-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Why shaw? Has he done enough with Harbaughs recruits to make you believe in him as an NFL head coach lol

Charlie Strong "is my guy if they were looking to replace Tomlin, which they aren't"... Maybe it's just my Florida bias lol

Dean Denton
12-06-2013, 09:35 PM

Give it another year and I'm sure if we miss the playoffs the conversation will come up. Steelers are losing money without home playoff games.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-06-2013, 09:40 PM

I like Clements, but does that offense fit Ben?

I wanted Sullivan before he went to TB, and we got Haley

NeilPatrickBanana
12-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Give it another year and I'm sure if we miss the playoffs the conversation will come up. Steelers are losing money without home playoff games.

Lol no they arent

SnakeEyes43
12-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Lol no they arent

They aren't losing money, but it's profit that is passing them by.

Dean Denton
12-07-2013, 02:39 PM
They aren't losing money, but it's profit that is passing them by.
Yes, you know how much money your franchise makes when you host a playoff game? A lot. You know what your franchise makes when you don't? Nothing. Come on Neil...

Get7With7
12-07-2013, 06:45 PM
It'll be interesting to see the fanbase's reaction if the Steelers keep Haley after this year. Will they rally around it because Art II can do no wrong, or will they start to wonder if the Steelers don't view winning as the top priority anymore? When the offense is at it's best when it's in the no-huddle, and the OC is hesitant to use it, a well-managed organization would not allow that to continue.

JackLambert
12-08-2013, 10:27 AM
I'd love Kubiak running the O. Time to swap out both coordinators though I'm fine with replacing DLB from within.

Now if they'd just fire the total idiot of a head coach.

Real Deal Steel
12-08-2013, 11:12 AM
What does it take for Tomlin to be fired? He's now cost us draft picks.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24368513/steelers-will-face-draft-pick-compensation-from-mike-tomlin-incident

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2013, 01:33 PM
We might lose a 7th round comp pick.......Oh we're going to miss out on the next Dallas Baker.......I still don't think we're going to lose a pick....Look who is making the report its Jason La Canfora....That dude is a joke.......

jpele
12-08-2013, 07:43 PM
I dont really get the hate of HaleyB

Really! Ok , lets look at todays game. Bell is running for 4.5 yds per carry so we only give him 13 touches. Now look at the overall picture, week after week , whatever seems to work Haley refuses to use.

How many time on 4th and whatever is Haley going to pretend his going for it trying to draw the opponent offsides ? You can actually look at the other sideline and see them laughing.

The famous bubble screen rarely works why because we try it 10 times a game and don't disguise the formation. The mans play calling sucks period.

There's a reason he lost his job with other teams.