PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to this organization?? Is this bad luck? Or lack of ownership?

steelchamp204
12-04-2013, 12:53 PM
It seems the past decade has brought a ton of success, but also a ton of baggage.

Holmes and the drugs
Harrison and the fines
Clark never shutting the **** up
Mike Adams getting stabbed
Pouncey smooching his brother and getting interviewed for some bazaar murder questioning-loool
The NT who went GTA on everyone
That TE who couldnt stay out of trouble
Ben and his 2 "accused" rapes
Tomlin fined and team could lose picks

steelchamp204
12-04-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm sorry, I'm just ****ing pissed right now of what is happening with this black cloud this team has had over the years. This team is in the headlines anymore for off the field and troublesome things more than it is for winning and being a contender.

K Train
12-04-2013, 12:58 PM
It seems the past decade has brought a ton of success, but also a ton of baggage.

Holmes and the drugs
Harrison and the fines
Pouncey smooching his brother and getting interviewed for some bazaar murder questioning-loool

Harrison getting fined was pretty BS most of the time, clark is in the players union, pouncey smooching his brother after getting drafted? Please stay away from me when i get drafted ill be kissing everyone, "that TE" Saunders who was suspended for adderall? lol

Most college programs have bigger problems than those lol

steelchamp204
12-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Harrison getting fined was pretty BS most of the time, clark is in the players union, pouncey smooching his brother after getting drafted? Please stay away from me when i get drafted ill be kissing everyone, "that TE" Saunders who was suspended for adderall? lol

Most college programs have bigger problems than those lol

The smooching thing was just a kicker, but seriously. Why does it seem this team is in the news now more for negatives than positives?? Honestly.

Big T
12-04-2013, 01:14 PM
3 Super Bowl appearances and 2 wins in the last 8 years. Certainly more positives than negatives.

Also not sure what Mike Adams getting stabbed in an attempt to steal his truck has anything to do with ownership. And as of right now, only Mike Pouncey has been subpoenaed, not Maurkice.

LatrobePA
12-04-2013, 01:36 PM
I won't go as ape shti as the other guy but under Tomlin this team seems to be going downhill.

Goodell has changed us more then people like to admit. We used to be a scary team to play, how many RB's and WR's got blown up we played against? Hines knocking people the f out, all that shti changed with the new rules. This team is still trying to find its identity.

Top that off with a bunch of has been players on defense and we're just not a great team right now.

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 01:50 PM
I won't go as ape shti as the other guy but under Tomlin this team seems to be going downhill.

Goodell has changed us more then people like to admit. We used to be a scary team to play, how many RB's and WR's got blown up we played against? Hines knocking people the f out, all that shti changed with the new rules. This team is still trying to find its identity.

Top that off with a bunch of has been players on defense and we're just not a great team right now.

Bottom line...ANY other Head Coach in the league would have been fired if they had produced what Tomlin has the past two season WITH a Hall of Fame QB!! Any other Coach. Oh...but not " Black man " Tomlin. And that is NOT being Racist...it's being a REALIST!!

Big T
12-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Bottom line...ANY other Head Coach in the league would have been fired if they had produced what Tomlin has the past two season WITH a Hall of Fame QB!! Any other Coach. Oh...but not " Black man " Tomlin. And that is NOT being Racist...it's being a REALIST!!

No, it's being stupid.

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 02:05 PM
No, it's being stupid.

Really ? I can name WHITE Head coaches who were fired after two straight PLAYOFF seasons....so what's Tomlin's excuse ?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 02:24 PM

Holmes and the drugs
Harrison and the fines

Ernie Holmes one of the Steel Curtain defensive lineman once shot at police helicopter, Joe Gilliam who actually beat out Bradshaw for the starting QB job at onetime was hooked on coke......So even in the 70s and under Chuck Noll the Steelers were not a team full choir boys......

TarlsQtr
12-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Ernie Holmes one of the Steel Curtain defensive lineman once shot at police helicopter, Joe Gilliam who actually beat out Bradshaw for the starting QB job at onetime was hooked on coke......So even if the 70s and under Chuck Noll the Steelers were not a team full choir boys......

Not to mention, most "credit" the 70's Steelers with being the first to introduce steroids into the NFL...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Not to mention, most "credit" the 70's Steelers with being the first to introduce steroids into the NFL...

was going to mention that to....though some link the early 60s Chargers to first introduce steroids to pro football when they were in the AFL......

Every generation there were players that were not model citizens or just flatout waste of human beings....lol

ChucktownSteeler
12-04-2013, 08:58 PM
This game is called football. Most choirboys need not try out.

Dean Denton
12-04-2013, 09:40 PM
I know we've been to three SB in the last few years but I agree with in this same amount of time we've had an extreme amount of negative attention too. Rainey, Holmes, Ben/Haley, Ben on his own, Tomlin now, and I know I'm missing a bunch of stuff too. Not to mention bad oline play that has us looking like a shell of what this team is known for. Added to the fact that these guys aren't winning either. Now they can proudly carry around the moniker of cheaters thanks to Tomlin. Not a good image going forward and as a fan it's embarrassing to say the least.

SteelCityKid5
12-04-2013, 10:17 PM
This isn't even bad I'm sorry to break it to you. Bad is the Jaguars. Bad is the Browns. Bad is the Bills. Bad is the Raiders. 1 potential losing season in what..10 years? More positives than negatives in my mind

Big T
12-04-2013, 10:22 PM
This isn't even bad I'm sorry to break it to you. Bad is the Jaguars. Bad is the Browns. Bad is the Bills. Bad is the Raiders. 1 potential losing season in what..10 years? More positives than negatives in my mind

Agreed

DanRooney
12-04-2013, 10:29 PM

Holmes and the drugs
Harrison and the fines

All of the above happened during Tomlin's tenure.

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 10:37 PM

He forgot James Harrison beating the sh!t out of his sons mother, and our Ex-Kicker P!ssing in a convience store.

Big T
12-04-2013, 11:11 PM

Lol Jesus. One could argue that Holmes, Ben, Harrison, and Clark were all brought in (through the draft or free agency) by Cowher. Let's stop pretending that there were never any off the field issues with any players during Cowher's tenure, shall we?

Dean Denton
12-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Lol Jesus. One could argue that Holmes, Ben, Harrison, and Clark were all brought in (through the draft or free agency) by Cowher. Let's stop pretending that there were never any off the field issues with any players during Cowher's tenure, shall we?
Eric Green had a coke problem and he was arguably one of the best TE we ever had. But the things that have been going on looks bad and you are what you seem to be. Looking at this team right now things look bad. Winning fixes everything but is that in our future? Doesn't seem like it.

TarlsQtr
12-05-2013, 12:18 AM

Two words. Bam Morris

SuperSteelers
12-05-2013, 02:02 AM
Now they can proudly carry around the moniker of cheaters thanks to Tomlin. Not a good image going forward and as a fan it's embarrassing to say the least.

Think of it this way: If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.

Dean Denton
12-05-2013, 02:39 AM

Lol, true. But it's kind of hard for me to walk around Seattle talking sh!t about their pot smokers when our coach is cheating and losing. If you're going to cheat then make sure you win three Super Bowls before you get caught.

Real Deal Steel
12-05-2013, 10:37 AM
I just wanted Tomlin fired because he wasn't doing a good job. But now I down right don't like him. He's a liar and a cheat. Talks about integrity but he doesn't have any.

SuperSteelers
12-05-2013, 01:51 PM
If you're going to cheat then make sure you win three Super Bowls before you get caught.

Lol...that would be a good line to use on the Sea Chicken fans. Maybe if Seattle cheated hard enough they might actually win 1 Superbowl in their lifetime, until then they all can live in misery.

JackLambert
12-08-2013, 09:30 AM
While surely not all the fault of any one man, the head coach is an idiot. I know the Steelers don't replace HCs but this one was a terrible hire and really needs to go.

Real Deal Steel
12-08-2013, 10:40 AM

We're losing at least one draft pick. It's not funny anymore..at least not to me.

steelers4life66
12-08-2013, 10:45 AM
was going to mention that to....though some link the early 60s Chargers to first introduce steroids to pro football when they were in the AFL......

Every generation there were players that were not model citizens or just flatout waste of human beings....lol

Fact is the Chargers did introduce them into the NFL. I think his name was Alvin Roy , but he was working with the Russian Olympic weight lifting team in the 50's. This is were he first came across the drug. He later got a job with the Chargers as a weight lifting coach.

steelers4life66
12-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Ex-Kicker P!ssing in a convience store.

Think he beat up a towel dispenser.

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Think he beat up a towel dispenser.

O yea, let's not forget Mendenhall and his twitter stunts lol

Clevelandsux
12-09-2013, 06:40 PM
I think the steelers are victims of the salary cap right now. But I just can't believe how much they lack in fundamentals. Can't tackle, can't block, ****** special teams, defense can't create turnovers, can't run the ball. Lose to ****** teams.

Ron~Popeil
12-09-2013, 06:42 PM
I am truly sorry guys but I can't quite bring myself to feel sorry for your fan base. Maybe if we ever get to call ourselves Sixinnati I will but try having all the off the field stuff and 20+ YEARS of losing.

EDIT:
On a serious note I think your front office might be a victim of their own success. They stuck with Cowher through some lean years and that worked out really well for them. They will be patient. I think part of the reason Marvin Lewis has enjoyed so much job security is because the Brown family feels that patience will pay off for them as well. If you look at the current Bengals outside of some specific schemes they are built to win the same way some of those Steelers teams were built to win.

DanRooney
12-10-2013, 02:28 AM
I think the steelers are victims of the salary cap right now. But I just can't believe how much they lack in fundamentals. Can't tackle, can't block, ****** special teams, defense can't create turnovers, can't run the ball. Lose to ****** teams.

Poor coaching.

Dean Denton
12-10-2013, 02:32 AM
Poor coaching and a old, slow, limp d!ck secondary that couldn't cover a pee wee team. Losers, all of them.