PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin Fined 100,000.00 League considering forfiture of draft picks!

Real Deal Steel
12-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10077849/mike-tomlin-fined-100k-pittsburgh-steelers-face-loss-picks

He needs to be fired for what he did. He's hurt this franchise in multiple ways.

Real Deal Steel
12-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Is this enough to get this fool fired????????? What more does an idiot have to do???

LatrobePA
12-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Is this enough to get this fool fired????????? What more does an idiot have to do???

Dangling his cod through a glory hole would help.

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 12:29 PM
First time I ever agreed with Stephen A Smith. He is saying to hold this over the Organazations head, and letting it linger is egregious. And I agree. I said that what Tomlin did WAS stupid....arrogent, ect. I also feel he lied through his teeth when he said it wasn't Intentional. However, as I said.....SCOREBOARD!!! The play in the end did NOT affect the outcome of the game.
And that is the bottom line as it goes to whatever punishment from the LEAGUE! But, I also predicted that Roger Goodell would find a WAY to screw us with the draft pick. Now, I do NOT feel we will outright lose one of our picks as in a 5th, 6th, or 7th rounder.

But what will be WORSE is, in the final decision on " Comp " picks....watch...we will NOT get either a 3rd or maybe even a 4th round Comp pick for the loss of Mike Wallace, or K.Lewis. And it is in THAT Vein where I HOPE & PRAY that....not the League, cause the league will have already handed it's Punishment...but I hope the TEAM ( Steelers )...hands down a ...yes fans...a ONE YEAR Coaching suspension on Mike Tomlin. Have him sit out the entire 2014 season WITHOUT Pay! Coaches are NOT part of the Players union, so Mike would have little to NO recourse in appealing this action.

But the whole thing is ridiculous. And only goes to show the stupidity of Tomlin.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Did you guys have the same opinion when Cowher practically did the samething vs the Jags on Monday Night Football in 1997?....I have my own issues with Tomlin but I didn't have a problem with what Cowher did and I don't have a problem with Tomlin for this as well....Its way over blown and if Fuhrer Goodell does take away a draft pick he is just doing it to make an example out of Mike Tomlin which is even more BS.......

Big T
12-04-2013, 12:58 PM
"Fire him" lol

NeilPatrickBanana
12-04-2013, 12:59 PM
"Fire him" lol

pitchforks!!

steelchamp204
12-04-2013, 01:06 PM
A ****ing draft pick? Are you ****ing kidding me? If they go as far as that, then I don't even ****ing know anymore

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Did you guys have the same opinion when Cowher practically did the samething vs the Jags on Monday Night Football in 1997?....I have my own issues with Tomlin but I didn't have a problem with what Cowher did and I don't have a problem with Tomlin for this as well....Its way over blown and if Fuhrer Goodell does take away a draft pick he is just doing it to make an example out of Mike Tomlin which is even more BS.......

100 percent a different situation with Cowher dude. Tomlin totally PLANNED what he did. And nobody with a Brain would dare say different. Tomlin flat out lied from the start trying to excuse himself by saying that he ALWAYS goes on to the field to look at the Jumbotron on Kickoffs...well that was a Lie.

What Cowher did may have been wrong, but two things...one, it was NOT a planned thing, it was a emotionally charged REACTION thing. Not to mention that the game against the Jags WAS Officially OVER!! There was 4 seconds on the clock, and once the FG was blocked, the game was over. Hudson could have just went to the ground, or out of bounds. But when he decided to take it all the way back for the TD, I think that is why Cowher acted the way he did. Cowher has NEVER been about
" SPIKING " the ball in the opponents face once a game is decided.

How many times under Cowher have we had the ball inside our opponents 2 to 3 yard line, with maybe a minute to go, with a lead...and all he calls is for us to take a knee and run the clock out. However, I have personally seen Tom Brady and P.Manning in that EXACT same situation...inside their opponents 3 yard line with LESS then a minute to play in a game where they were up MORE then 2 to 3 TD's...only to throw the ball for another TD...that's because they are STAT WH0RES.

Cowher has never been about that. Only about getting the win. And when he saw that the Jags had basically won the game by blocking that FG...and he saw Hudson picking it up, and rather just fall to the ground, or run out of bounds...he chose to do something that Cowher would never teach his own players to do in a simular situation. And that is why in the spur of that moment, Cowher did what he did...but in the end he pulled back. Cowher also IMMEDIATELY Apologized and took blame for his actions.

Tomlin never did that, and he still hasn't as it goes to admitting what we...and ANYONE with a IQ over 10 knows, which is Tomlin PLANNED and did this Intentionally.

THAT is the difference between Cowher in 97, and Tomlin a week ago.

Real Deal Steel
12-04-2013, 01:09 PM

B&G..

We are not in that era anymore. Can't you see the climate is totally different? That was a different time and age. Tomlin knew this. For god sake, HE'S ON THE RULES COMMITEE and he cheated! You can't see how bad that is?? Think about it.

And I admit that Fuhrer Goodell is a dick head. But Tomlin knew this like you and I knew this and he still did what he did. So how stupid does that make Tomlin??????????????/

Tomlin has tarnished our organizational reputation and he's getting draft picks taken away from us...couple with..WE DON'T USE FREE AGENCY! See how bad what he's done really is?

Real Deal Steel
12-04-2013, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=questforSB7;566821]100 percent a different situation with Cowher dude. Tomlin totally PLANNED what he did.[QUOTE]

Yes...no one is buying that "accident" excuse.

Real Deal Steel
12-04-2013, 01:17 PM
We will be in a world of hurt if draft picks are taken from us. We neeeeeeeed all our picks for God Sake. Tomlin has me so mad now that I could spit nails. :mad:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Of course its a different era since technology is even more advanced today thanks to high def and of course all the social media but I'm sorry this is witch hunt with Tomlin........I think this whole thing is way over blown and its really ridiculous the NFL is even considering taking a draft pick a way from the Steelers......

you can make the excuses for Cowher all you want but he still stepped onto the field of play just like Tomlin.......Tomlin also like Cowher didn't change the outcome of the game.....I think its also ridiculous for saying what Tomlin did is an embarrassment....You guys are entitled to your opinion so I guess we agree to disagree........

steelchamp204
12-04-2013, 01:27 PM
There is NO reason for Goodell to take picks away from a team by a bad individual act. Suspend him before you take away picks. But, this is the Steelers vs. Goodell.

K Train
12-04-2013, 01:38 PM
First time I ever agreed with Stephen A Smith. He is saying to hold this over the Organazations head, and letting it linger is egregious. And I agree. I said that what Tomlin did WAS stupid....arrogent, ect. I also feel he lied through his teeth when he said it wasn't Intentional. However, as I said.....SCOREBOARD!!! The play in the end did NOT affect the outcome of the game.
And that is the bottom line as it goes to whatever punishment from the LEAGUE! But, I also predicted that Roger Goodell would find a WAY to screw us with the draft pick. Now, I do NOT feel we will outright lose one of our picks as in a 5th, 6th, or 7th rounder.

But what will be WORSE is, in the final decision on " Comp " picks....watch...we will NOT get either a 3rd or maybe even a 4th round Comp pick for the loss of Mike Wallace, or K.Lewis. And it is in THAT Vein where I HOPE & PRAY that....not the League, cause the league will have already handed it's Punishment...but I hope the TEAM ( Steelers )...hands down a ...yes fans...a ONE YEAR Coaching suspension on Mike Tomlin. Have him sit out the entire 2014 season WITHOUT Pay! Coaches are NOT part of the Players union, so Mike would have little to NO recourse in appealing this action.

But the whole thing is ridiculous. And only goes to show the stupidity of Tomlin.
this literally could not have less to do with comp picks lol

K Train
12-04-2013, 01:40 PM
I believe tomlin, it was an accident and in no way intentional.

Sorry, but the league can not prove intent. "lying through his teeth" is the only way this could have gone down regardless of his intent. Lawyered

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 01:54 PM
I believe tomlin, it was an accident and in no way intentional.

Sorry, but the league can not prove intent. "lying through his teeth" is the only way this could have gone down regardless of his intent. Lawyered

Yes they can...cause he went ON TO THE FIELD!! There was no reason whatsoever for doing so OTHER then to obstruct, or when he jumped back to take away Jones attention for a second so that he could be tackled. You really buy Tomlin saying he went on the field to look at a Jumbotron that could be seen from ANYWHERE on the sideline ?

If you do, then you are living in your own private Idaho my friend.

K Train
12-04-2013, 01:56 PM
if the league could out right prove intent they would throw the book at him

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 01:58 PM

A 100,000 dollar fine, and what I GUARANTEE you will be the loss of draft picks is not throwing the book at him, and the team ?

steelchamp204
12-04-2013, 02:04 PM
The Pats never lost draft picks due to spygate. I dont give a **** how long it was after it happened, they still cheated.

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 02:07 PM
The Pats never lost draft picks due to spygate. I dont give a **** how long it was after it happened, they still cheated.

Yes they did.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Yes they can...cause he went ON TO THE FIELD!! There was no reason whatsoever for doing so OTHER then to obstruct, or when he jumped back to take away Jones attention for a second so that he could be tackled. You really buy Tomlin saying he went on the field to look at a Jumbotron that could be seen from ANYWHERE on the sideline ?

You comprehension skills never fail to amaze me

Tomlin did NOT go on to the field "to look at the jumbotron". He never said that he did. That is just a very poor interpretation of words that you tossed into a salad.

Speeed
12-04-2013, 02:11 PM
I disagree. I won't dare to say if it was intentional or not, but there is enough evidence to support either argument as evidenced by the wide range of opinions both by the fanbase, talking heads, and those involved. Try standing while leaning on your left foot, turn your head to your right and look behind, then try to jump to the left. Guess what? . . . . that pretty much requires you to lean to your right, take a slight step out, and push off, just like Tomlin did. I tried it a few times, I am in pretty good shape, and that is what I discovered. I know, a little maniacal, but I was curious.

There have been crazier, more coincidental things that have happened in the world throughout history.

We will never know. Maybe he will give it up on his deathbed.

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 02:11 PM
You comprehension skills never fail to amaze me

Tomlin did NOT go on to the field "to look at the jumbotron". He never said that he did. That is just a very poor interpretation of words that you tossed into a salad.

He didn't ? Then why was he on the field Neil ? Oh by the way...read this, and then....SUCK IT BABY!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/29/tomlin-says-i-lost-my-placement-while-watching-return-on-jumbotron/

Rocky#20
12-04-2013, 02:14 PM
One of the possibilities mentioned is the league would "modify" one of our draft picks. That means that instead of taking away say our second round pick, we would still have a pick in that round but it would be at the end of the round after every other team has made their selection. That is why the league is waiting until the end of the season to see where we will be drafting. If it's the first round that they are modifying, then we pick 32nd. Ouch.

K Train
12-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Patriots did lose a first rounder, i believe they had another first rounder that they took merriweather with

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 02:18 PM
One of the possibilities mentioned is the league would "modify" one of our draft picks. That means that instead of taking away say our second round pick, we would still have a pick in that round but it would be at the end of the round after every other team has made their selection. That is why the league is waiting until the end of the season to see where we will be drafting. If it's the first round that they are modifying, then we pick 32nd. Ouch.

Or it could just mean they are waiting for the comittee that gives out Comp picks to see what is given to Pittsburgh...then Goodell will " MODIFY " those.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-04-2013, 02:30 PM

There is no way to prove intent in the situation. And even finding a proper motive is difficult. For the conspiracy that he did this on purpose to be true... so many hillarious levels of assumption have to be taken.

Assumption #1
Tomlin was willing to risk the integrity of the team, the league, and himself while betting on the Ref not calling the rulebook correctly (what he did, could easily have been awarded an automatic TD). So, he essentially would be choosing to risk everything, on the hope that it would not be called. That's insane. To believe he did it on purpose, you have to believe he made that choice.

Assumption #2
If the player had hit him, the TD would easily have been awarded... so, he also had to bet that he could stand on the field enough to interfer with the opponent scoring a TD, but also... that he would be able to get out of the way without making contact... and he was going to execute this miracle by watching himself on the jumbotron

A bad season is turning everyone into raging idiots...

Here's what happened:

Facts
1. Tomlin watches kickoffs on the jumbotron
2. Coaches stand on the sideline and are regualrly situated in the "ref zone"
3. Tomlin had his back to the play
4. Interfering with a play can be penalized with awarding the opponent a TD
5. Tomlin is on the Competition Committee

What happened:
1. Tomlin was watching on the Jumbotron
- The Jumbotron angle of the return can easily create a "disorientation' affect
- You can get a glimpse of the jumbotron "angle" in the KDKA clip
2. Tomlin takes a step towards the field
- At the time of the step, the crowd has just begun to roar, and the Ref is barrelling down the sideline
- The crowds roar is the most likely "indicator" for the step. His movement is a reaction to the crowd noise, and he makes the wrong movement due to the disorienting affect of watching on the jumbotron
3. Tomlin jumps out of the way
- Clearly a "shocked" reaction in a split second... if the original actions were intentional, you'd hardly expect him to make a massive body motion to give everyone a clear indication that he was in the way, thus initiating the entire process of review.
4. Tomlin has a good laugh about it
- You don't have a good laugh, in front of the entire world, if you just purposefully committed a crime...

Based on what we know, Tomlin's explanation if fully plausible, and makes logical sense given what we've seen on video, and the supporting circumstantial evidence

NeilPatrickBanana
12-04-2013, 02:35 PM
He didn't ? Then why was he on the field Neil ? Oh by the way...read this, and then....SUCK IT BABY!!!http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/29/tomlin-says-i-lost-my-placement-while-watching-return-on-jumbotron/

words have meanings, and your inability to use language accurately makes it difficult to converse with you

Tomlin did not "Go on to the field TO LOOK AT the Jumbotron" as you claimed
Tomlin ENDED UP on the field BECAUSE he was looking at the Jumbotron as he claimed

There's a pretty big difference.

You are the single dumbest person i've ever encountered.

Real Deal Steel
12-04-2013, 02:43 PM
There is NO reason for Goodell to take picks away from a team by a bad individual act. Suspend him before you take away picks. But, this is the Steelers vs. Goodell.

I agree with this.

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 02:47 PM
words have meanings, and your inability to use language accurately makes it difficult to converse with you

Tomlin did not "Go on to the field TO LOOK AT the Jumbotron" as you claimed
Tomlin ENDED UP on the field BECAUSE he was looking at the Jumbotron as he claimed

There's a pretty big difference.

You are the single dumbest person i've ever encountered.

Tomlin says “I lost my placement” while watching return on Jumbotron

Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2013, 12:04 AM EST

Getty Images
After the Thanksgiving night loss to the Ravens, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin met the media. Not surprisingly, he was asked about his presence on the field during a long kickoff return by Baltimore receiver Jacoby Jones.

“I always watch the returns on the Jumbotron,” Tomlin told reporters. “It provides a better perspective for me. Obviously, I lost my placement as he broke free. I started at the last second and saw how close I was to the field of play.”

Tomlin realizes that, in this specific case, he made a mistake.

“I do it quite often like everyone else in the National Football League,” Tomlin said. “I was wrong. I accept responsibility for it.”

As previously explained, Tomlin should have been flagged. A touchdown could have been awarded. A fine could be levied.

Most importantly, he shouldn’t have been standing on the white line with one foot in the field of play while watching the play on the Jumbotron, a screen that can be seen from pretty much anywhere in the stadium.

Meanwhile, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco says that Tomlin bogarted an idea Flacco hatched in February.

“I took some flak I think for kind of joking around in the Super Bowl and saying that maybe you should run on the field and tackle somebody if this guy breaks it,” Flacco told reporters. “I kind of took flak for that. That’s exactly what he just did. He was looking at the big screen the whole entire time. He knew where he was. He knew where Jacoby was. He did. He pulled my move. He did what I thought we should do.”

Flacco was joking. The league office probably won’t be, given that Tomlin — intentionally or not — was in a place where he simply shouldn’t have been during a live play.

Neil, you could be a English teacher except for the fact that you CAN'T understand simple english!! Tomlin is on the RULES commitee...he KNOW you can't even be on the WHITE section of the field. Look at the damn replay again. Tomlin is setting himself up ON that ILLEGAL White area once he sees Jones breaking free. And, he isn't even LOOKING at the Jumbotron at that time, he is CLEARLY looking to the right and slightly back to see right when Jones is close to him before he LEAPS back to the sidelines..thereby causing Jones to lose his concentration...thereby ALLOWING Cortez Allen to make the tackle.

That right there PROVES Intent. And like the article says, and like I have been saying forever...you do NOT have to be anywhere NEAR the White part of the area, or the field to SEE a Jumbotron....do you Dumb Sh!t Neil ? Now...go Fck your Mother some more Boy!!!

NeilPatrickBanana
12-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Tomlin says “I lost my placement” while watching return on Jumbotron

Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2013, 12:04 AM EST

Getty Images
After the Thanksgiving night loss to the Ravens, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin met the media. Not surprisingly, he was asked about his presence on the field during a long kickoff return by Baltimore receiver Jacoby Jones.

“I always watch the returns on the Jumbotron,” Tomlin told reporters. “It provides a better perspective for me. Obviously, I lost my placement as he broke free. I started at the last second and saw how close I was to the field of play.”

Tomlin realizes that, in this specific case, he made a mistake.

“I do it quite often like everyone else in the National Football League,” Tomlin said. “I was wrong. I accept responsibility for it.”

As previously explained, Tomlin should have been flagged. A touchdown could have been awarded. A fine could be levied.

Most importantly, he shouldn’t have been standing on the white line with one foot in the field of play while watching the play on the Jumbotron, a screen that can be seen from pretty much anywhere in the stadium.

Meanwhile, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco says that Tomlin bogarted an idea Flacco hatched in February.

“I took some flak I think for kind of joking around in the Super Bowl and saying that maybe you should run on the field and tackle somebody if this guy breaks it,” Flacco told reporters. “I kind of took flak for that. That’s exactly what he just did. He was looking at the big screen the whole entire time. He knew where he was. He knew where Jacoby was. He did. He pulled my move. He did what I thought we should do.”

Flacco was joking. The league office probably won’t be, given that Tomlin — intentionally or not — was in a place where he simply shouldn’t have been during a live play.

Neil, you could be a English teacher except for the fact that you CAN'T understand simple english!! Tomlin is on the RULES commitee...he KNOW you can't even be on the WHITE section of the field. Look at the damn replay again. Tomlin is setting himself up ON that ILLEGAL White area once he sees Jones breaking free. And, he isn't even LOOKING at the Jumbotron at that time, he is CLEARLY looking to the right and slightly back to see right when Jones is close to him before he LEAPS back to the sidelines..thereby causing Jones to lose his concentration...thereby ALLOWING Cortez Allen to make the tackle.

That right there PROVES Intent. And like the article says, and like I have been saying forever...you do NOT have to be anywhere NEAR the White part of the area, or the field to SEE a Jumbotron....do you Dumb Sh!t Neil ? Now...go Fck your Mother some more Boy!!!

the depth of your stupidity knows no bounds

K Train
12-04-2013, 02:55 PM
His laugh after seeing it (was not only great) but you are right a momentary laugh at making a mistake shows more mistake than malicious intent. I would have laughed too 1) it was funny 2) at the baltimore crowd booing

Point is the league cannot prove intent, if he admitted intent it would be a different story.

I know that b@G32 keeps talking about the 97 season, but i remember cower lunging at a runner much more recently than that and no one made a big deal lol

TarlsQtr
12-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Hey, RDS. Could you start another thread on this topic? If two were not good enough, why not go for four?

TarlsQtr
12-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Dulac's take:
Well, if youre referring to the Mike Tomlin incident, the punishment was just handed down by the league -- a $100,000 fine. Also, the league will visit the possibility of forfeiting or adjusting a draft choice at some point, which, to me, is totally ludicrous. That suggests the league believes there was some amount of intent, even a fraction of intent, and I don't think that was the case at all.

Even the New York Jets, who were running a sideline scam that was uncovered when their strength coach tripped a Miami "gunner" on a punt return, didn't have a draft choice removed or altered. Totally totally ridiculous

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2013/12/04/Gerry-Dulac-s-Steelers-chat-transcript-12-4-13/stories/201312040154#ixzz2mXK0HYrT

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 03:41 PM
His laugh after seeing it (was not only great) but you are right a momentary laugh at making a mistake shows more mistake than malicious intent. I would have laughed too 1) it was funny 2) at the baltimore crowd booing

Point is the league cannot prove intent, if he admitted intent it would be a different story.

I know that b@G32 keeps talking about the 97 season, but i remember cower lunging at a runner much more recently than that and no one made a big deal lol

I'll never forget when Cowher did that on Monday Night football against the Jags in 97.......I don't remember the more recent one you're talking about and I have usually a great memory....Just slips my mind for some reason....This whole Tomlin thing is way over blown....

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 03:44 PM
I'll never forget when Cowher did that on Monday Night football against the Jags in 97.......I don't remember the more recent one you're talking about and I have usually a great memory....Just slips my mind for some reason....This whole Tomlin thing is way over blown....

Blantantly snubbing your nose at the RULES....when you are ON the rules commitee is NOT Over blowing anything. How can one teach Discipline and morals when the one teaching it is constantly...and this according to his own words deliberately breaking those rules, and smiling about it ?

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 03:49 PM
You knew it was only a matter of time before Ryan Clark spewed out his 2 cents. And only making the situation potentially worse. Thanks Ryan. You and Tomlin make quite the pair of Morons!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/04/ryan-clark-takes-another-shot-at-goodell-over-tomlin-discipline/

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Blantantly snubbing your nose at the RULES....when you are ON the rules commitee is NOT Over blowing anything. How can one teach Discipline and morals when the one teaching it is constantly...and this according to his own words deliberately breaking those rules, and smiling about it ?

Tomlin made a freaking mistake and he got fined........Again Cowher stepped onto the field of play during a play and I didn't hear the out cry for Cower's head like some are doing for Tomlin.......

I'm not even that big of a Tomlin fan these days but I think this whole thing is over blown....I said in another thread I guess we have to agree to disagree since I'm not going to change your mind and I'm not changing mind.....

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Tomlin made a freaking mistake and he got fined........Again Cowher stepped onto the field of play during a play and I didn't hear the out cry for Cower's head like some are doing for Tomlin.......

I'm not even that big of a Tomlin fan these days but I think this whole thing is over blown....I said in another thread I guess we have to agree to disagree since I'm not going to change your mind and I'm not changing mind.....

He got caught yes..but by his OWN mouth, he breaks that rule ALL the time. So should that just be Ignored ? If your 16 year old Daughter wanted to go out with a 17 year old who you KNEW Drank and drove...but, was NEVER Caught...would that not matter to you ? Cause according to YOUR own words...it wouldn't. You would just let your Daughter go out with him.

Have fun seeing your Daughter on the SLAB!!

NeilPatrickBanana
12-04-2013, 04:01 PM
http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2013/12/01/kaboly-tomlin-sideline-incident/#axzz2mXPMPwtM

watch the video with just an ounce of common sense and it tells you that by no means was Tomlin’s actions on purpose. It would take quite a talent and moreover, quite a lot of guts to try to pull off something like that in front of what is well-known to be a large audience on Thanksgiving night.

Not to mention the logistics (OK, Jones will return the kick 73 yards up the left sideline so let me stand here near the field and watch the play on the JumboTron just in case he breaks one so I can get in his way.)

To add a little personal perspective, I have been on the field at Heinz Field at the two-minute warning for more than a decade. Many times I will watch a play unfold on the JumboTron for a better perspective. Problem is (and it’s happened to me), you lose your perspective of what you are looking at on the screen compared to what’s going on around you. It’ easily done.

So do I believe that’s what happened with Tomlin?

Well, put it this way: It’s a better explanation than a Super-Bowl winning and much-respected coach for the model franchise trying to purposely but inadvertently get in a way of an opposing player in a close game.

Come on. Common sense, please.

Read more: http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2013/12/01/kaboly-tomlin-sideline-incident/#ixzz2mXQkFdeE
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

as the self fulfilling media coverage starts to die down, and the mass consumers of idiocy have had their fill, i expect these viewpoints to continue to begin to trickle in... setting the record straight

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 04:03 PM
He got caught yes..but by his OWN mouth, he breaks that rule ALL the time. So should that just be Ignored ? If your 16 year old Daughter wanted to go out with a 17 year old who you KNEW Drank and drove...but, was NEVER Caught...would that not matter to you ? Cause according to YOUR own words...it wouldn't. You would just let your Daughter go out with him.

Have fun seeing your Daughter on the SLAB!!

Wow you're something else......Comparing Tomlin's kick-off incident to my parenting skills and I'm not even a parent...lol Great comparison....lol

Big T
12-04-2013, 04:14 PM
http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2013/12/01/kaboly-tomlin-sideline-incident/#axzz2mXPMPwtM

as the self fulfilling media coverage starts to die down, and the mass consumers of idiocy have had their fill, i expect these viewpoints to continue to begin to trickle in... setting the record straight

Have to agree. It's unreal how much of a big deal the media is making this.

Big T
12-04-2013, 04:20 PM
by his OWN mouth, he breaks that rule ALL the time. own words...

Lolololololololol. I really wish you were just a troll. Because then I wouldn't feel bad for anyone who actually knows you.

“I always watch the returns on the Jumbotron,”

This IS what you are referring to, correct? Lol what a horrible f*cking lowlife piece of sh*t. How dare he watch returns on the Jumbotron to get a better perspective. Doesn't he know that watching that giant screen is against the rules?!?!?!? What an idiot!!!!!

WindyCityShaker
12-04-2013, 04:40 PM
I have to say troll or no troll quest provides hours of entertainment. It is said that laughter is the best medicine and for all the laugh out loud moments he provides on a nearly daily basis, he'd be the equivalent to a chief of surgery.

TarlsQtr
12-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Wow you're something else......Comparing Tomlin's kick-off incident to my parenting skills and I'm not even a parent...lol Great comparison....lol

What a great analogy as well. Because we all know that standing on the sideline is as morally bankrupt as allowing your daughter to be driven around by a drunk. It is the EXACT same thing. lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 04:57 PM
What a great analogy as well. Because we all know that standing on the sideline is as morally bankrupt as allowing your daughter to be driven around by a drunk. It is the EXACT same thing. lol

I got a good laugh out of it.....

LASVEGASGUY
12-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Pull a Michael Jackson and turn white. Rooney's won't fire a black man that goes against everything they are trying to do.

LASVEGASGUY
12-04-2013, 05:25 PM

Cowher wasn't 20 yards downfield with his back to the action. He was standing in the same spot before the field goal was tried and blocked. In the heat of the moment he acted like he was going to punch the returner but thought otherwise. He also never stepped on the field. Game was essentially over as soon as the play was. No harm, no foul. What coach cliche did was a downright embarrassment. Comparing the two is a lame attempt to justify what Tomlin did.

LASVEGASGUY
12-04-2013, 05:30 PM
A ****ing draft pick? Are you ****ing kidding me? If they go as far as that, then I don't even ****ing know anymore

And it's going to be a late #1 or a #2. I will say that if we fall in the top part of the draft (1 -16) we will keep our #1 and lose our #2. If we fall between 16-32 the #1 is as good as gone. The Patriots had a #1 stripped for "Spygate" and the Saints had (2) number #2's taken away for "Bountygate." We will lose a #1 or #2 for "SweeptheLeg" gate.

Big T
12-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Cowher wasn't 20 yards downfield with his back to the action. He was standing in the same spot before the field goal was tried and blocked. In the heat of the moment he acted like he was going to punch the returner but thought otherwise. He also never stepped on the field. Game was essentially over as soon as the play was. No harm, no foul. What coach cliche did was a downright embarrassment. Comparing the two is a lame attempt to justify what Tomlin did.

Whoops...

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ngss37.jpg

TarlsQtr
12-04-2013, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=Big T;566917]Whoops...

Yeah, but they like Cowher and not Tomlin so it is "different."

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Bottom line....it WAS Intentional. How do you UNINTENTIONALLY place yourself on the WHITE part of the field when it is 6ft wide, and you KNOW that it is Illegal to be there ? Not all people who drink and drive get into a accident and hurt or kill people. Or sway on the road thereby getting pulled over and get a ticket.....but they DO INTENTIONALLY get drunk when they KNOW they are driving home. Just because they make it home without Incident does NOT mean their actions in even drinking and driving were not Intentional. So to were the actions of Tomlin...he INTENTIONALLY placed himself a INCH from the actual field of play. And this when he KNEW that there was game action going on. That IS the very definition of an Intentioanal Act!!

What about that people cannot understand is baffling.

Dean Denton
12-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Still, taking any number of draft picks is too much. I don't agree with his punishment.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 06:07 PM
And it's going to be a late #1 or a #2. I will say that if we fall in the top part of the draft (1 -16) we will keep our #1 and lose our #2. If we fall between 16-32 the #1 is as good as gone. The Patriots had a #1 stripped for "Spygate" and the Saints had (2) number #2's taken away for "Bountygate." We will lose a #1 or #2 for "SweeptheLeg" gate.

The Steelers are not going to lose a first or second round pick....lol But you also didn't think Cowher didn't step onto the field during the play so really no use to argue with you...lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Bottom line....it WAS Intentional. How do you UNINTENTIONALLY place yourself on the WHITE part of the field when it is 6ft wide, and you KNOW that it is Illegal to be there ? Not all people who drink and drive get into a accident and hurt or kill people. Or sway on the road thereby getting pulled over and get a ticket.....but they DO INTENTIONALLY get drunk when they KNOW they are driving home. Just because they make it home without Incident does NOT mean their actions in even drinking and driving were not Intentional. So to were the actions of Tomlin...he INTENTIONALLY placed himself a INCH from the actual field of play. And this when he KNEW that there was game action going on. That IS the very definition of an Intentioanal Act!!

What about that people cannot understand is baffling.

Whats your deal with comparing what Tomlin did and people drinking/driving?.....lol Keep on with ridiculous comparisons since its amusing.....lol

LASVEGASGUY
12-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Whoops...

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ngss37.jpg

Oops! I was trying to find a youtube video or a picture of that to see if he stepped on the field. My bad. Irregardless the game was over. Punch or no punch we lost.

Big T
12-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Ray Anderson, the NFL vice president of operations, made the ruling. The NFL did not make Anderson available to discuss the case, but a league source said today that Anderson is waiting to see if there are any “unforeseen ramifications from the interference with play.” Those “unforeseen ramifications” could be things such as tiebreaking procedures that go into determining playoff qualification or seeding.

Tomlin’s step onto the field did not affect the outcome of the game, but the Ravens did not score on the play. They settled for a field goal on the ensuing drive, which theoretically could skew playoff scenarios. For instance, the sixth tiebreaking procedure to determine a wild card playoff berth is best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2013/12/04/NFL-fines-Steelers-coach-Tomlin-100-000/stories/201312040140

So it's looking like we'll be docked a pick if the Ravens don't make the playoffs because they fell just short (inside of 4 points) of getting the 6th tie breaker.

I think we'll be ok lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Ok the Steelers still lost and Tomlin didn't effect the outcome of the game just like Cowher.......So why the uproar with Tomlin and not Cowher?......I didn't have a problem with what Cowher did and didnn't have a problem with Tomlin.....Which has been my stance in this ridiculous mess....lol

Big T
12-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Oops! I was trying to find a youtube video or a picture of that to see if he stepped on the field. My bad. Irregardless the game was over. Punch or no punch we lost.

Tomlin incident or no Tomlin incident, we lost.

LASVEGASGUY
12-04-2013, 06:13 PM
The Steelers are not going to lose a first or second round pick....lol But you also didn't think Cowher didn't step onto the field during the play so really no use to argue with you...lol

Then why wait to take a 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th? Who cares where we finish at that point. Plus, we get an extra 3rd for Wallace why not take that one we didn't earn it anyway. Let's see if you Tomlin nuthuggers still like this fool after our #1 or #2 is stripped away.

LASVEGASGUY
12-04-2013, 06:15 PM
So why the uproar with Tomlin and not Cowher?......

One was "heat of the moment" the other was "premeditated"

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Then why wait to take a 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th? Who cares where we finish at that point. Plus, we get an extra 3rd for Wallace why not take that one we didn't earn it anyway. Let's see if you Tomlin nuthuggers still like this fool after our #1 or #2 is stripped away.

I'm hardly a Tomlin nuthugger...lol I constantly complain about Tomlin but just didn't have a problem with Tomlin getting in the way of Jones kick-off just like I didn't have a problem with Cowher and what he did......Jesus Christ you crack me up.....We're not going to lose a first or second round pick....But believe what the **** you want to believe...lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 06:18 PM
I can't believe I was called a Tomlin nuthugger....I think NeilPatrick, Big T, Ktrain, and many others would say I'm hardly a Tomlin nuthugger....lol

Big T
12-04-2013, 06:20 PM
I can't believe I was called a Tomlin nuthugger....I think NeilPatrick, Big T, Ktrain, and many others would say I'm hardly a Tomlin nuthugger....lol

Lol no. You aren't a Tomlin nuthugger.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 06:20 PM
One was "heat of the moment" the other was "premeditated"

Premeditated?....really....Tomlin saw the future and knew Jacoby Jones would break a long kick-return and planned to get in the way of Jones to prevent him for scoring a TD.......lol Ok...........I'm also Ben Roethlisberger's long lost older brother....lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Lol no. You aren't a Tomlin nuthugger.

Thanks Big T, I knew I could count on you......I will say I'm a Big Ben nuthugger and even a Mike Wallace nuthugger in the past.....lol

LASVEGASGUY
12-04-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm hardly a Tomlin nuthugger...lol I constantly complain about Tomlin but just didn't have a problem with Tomlin getting in the way of Jones kick-off just like I didn't have a problem with Cowher and what he did......Jesus Christ you crack me up.....We're not going to lose a first or second round pick....But believe what the **** you want to believe...lol

I hope you're right but waiting to take a 3rd or later based on our finish seems a little strange to me.

LASVEGASGUY
12-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Premeditated?....really....Tomlin saw the future and knew Jacoby Jones would break a long kick-return and planned to get in the way of Jones to prevent him for scoring a TD.......lol Ok...........I'm also Ben Roethlisberger's long lost older brother....lol

Have you seen us play? Every kickoff is a threat to be returned. Tomlin probably had a 50 percent chance of getting it right. He has probably been doing it for weeks now and this is the one time he was able to actually use it. He is standing 10 yards downfield from nobody watching a TV monitor the size of an 18 wheeler. Did he really need a closer look? Then he decides to watch the action over his shoulder then proceed to step inward then outward at the last moment. I wish Jones would have flatten the arrogant P.O.S. while his back was turned.

Big T
12-04-2013, 06:35 PM
There's no point in arguing with LASVEGASGUY. He hates Tomlin and couldn't be happier this happened. He would love for Tomlin to be the reason we lost a draft pick. Same with NYCSteelerFan.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Have you seen us play? Every kickoff is a threat to be returned. Tomlin probably had a 50 percent chance of getting it right. He has probably been doing it for weeks now and this is the one time he was able to actually use it. He is standing 10 yards downfield from nobody watching a TV monitor the size of an 18 wheeler. Did he really need a closer look? Then he decides to watch the action over his shoulder then proceed to step inward then outward at the last moment. I wish Jones would have flatten the arrogant P.O.S. while his back was turned.

No I have never seen us play.......lol Havn't missed a game in the last 14 years so yes I have seen us play.....sorry just don't think it was premeditated.......

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 06:39 PM
There's no point in arguing with LASVEGASGUY. He hates Tomlin and couldn't be happier this happened. He would love for Tomlin to be the reason we lost a draft pick. Same with NYCSteelerFan.

I know....I even said no point in arguing with him since he didn't think Cowher stepped onto the field.....I keep saying I'm done talking about this but I keep getting pulled by the madness.....This is the reason I do hate the media they always looking to make a story out of nothing and some fans just run wild with it......

Again I will say it I'm glad Tomlin got in the way of Jones....Anything to help the team....lol A TD there would have been game over......Of course the Steelers still lost but I knew the Steelers offense would finally get it going and make the game interesting but I don't think they would have over come a TD return after they had just marched down the field and scored a TD to get back in the game.....

TarlsQtr
12-04-2013, 07:05 PM

When your judgment of Tomlin is 100x harsher than John Harbaugh's ("It Happens"), you may want to consider that you are drinking the ESPN sperm-aid and rethink your position. Not to mention Belichick, neither of whom are big Steeler/Tomlin fans.

Rocky#20
12-04-2013, 07:13 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2013/12/04/NFL-fines-Steelers-coach-Tomlin-100-000/stories/201312040140

So it's looking like we'll be docked a pick if the Ravens don't make the playoffs because they fell just short (inside of 4 points) of getting the 6th tie breaker.

I think we'll be ok lol

This is what Chris Mortenson said on ESPN today. If Tomlin turns out to be the difference between the Ravens going to the playoffs or staying home, then the Steelers would forfeit their pick in whatever round the NFL deems it to be and the Ravens would be given that pick. Also the NFL doesn't have to tell the Steelers what pick they are losing until the actual draft day. (According to Stephen A Smith.) So the Steelers could go into draft day thinking they have the #16 pick in the first round only to discover hours before the draft that it isn't so.

Big T
12-04-2013, 07:22 PM
This is what Chris Mortenson said on ESPN today. If Tomlin turns out to be the difference between the Ravens going to the playoffs or staying home, then the Steelers would forfeit their pick in whatever round the NFL deems it to be and the Ravens would be given that pick. Also the NFL doesn't have to tell the Steelers what pick they are losing until the actual draft day. (According to Stephen A Smith.) So the Steelers could go into draft day thinking they have the #16 pick in the first round only to discover hours before the draft that it isn't so.

First, I HIGHLY doubt it'll come down to the 6th tie breaker for Baltimore. Furthermore, if it somehow happens to, I doubt that 4 points will be the difference. Ignoring the fact that taking a 1st round pick because of this is ludicrous, taking a first round pick from us and giving it to Baltimore would seriously be the most outrageous punishment ever handed down by the league honestly. Absolutely outrageous. Especially when you consider Baltimore will have better picks in each round due to not making the playoffs lol. I can't see the NFL impacting the futures of both franchises so immensely.

Rocky#20
12-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Yeah, it's very farfetched that it would be the reason the Ravens miss the playoffs, but the league according to Mortenson would indeed take a pick from the Steelers and award it to the Ravens if that is the case.

Big T
12-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Yeah, it's very farfetched that it would be the reason the Ravens miss the playoffs, but the league according to Mortenson would indeed take a pick from the Steelers and award it to the Ravens if that is the case.

That's fine and all, but a 1st? That seems farfetched to me as well. I just don't see them being that extreme in punishing the franchise due to the actions of one man. The impact it would have in the futures of each franchise would be unbelievable.

Rocky#20
12-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Another thing to add is that according to Jason Lacanfora of CBS sports, if the Steelers would have gone on to win the Ravens game, then all hell would have broken loose. He predicted that Tomlin would have faced a suspension for at least the rest of the year and loss of high draft picks for the next couple of years. In a way maybe the Steelers are lucky that Sanders dropped the ball.

Rocky#20
12-04-2013, 07:42 PM
That's fine and all, but a 1st? That seems farfetched to me as well. I just don't see them being that extreme in punishing the franchise due to the actions of one man. The impact it would have in the futures of each franchise would be unbelievable.

Mortenson didn't say what round was being discussed, but I'm with you a first round pick taken away and given to the Ravens would be overkill beyond belief.

Big T
12-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Another thing to add is that according to Jason Lacanfora of CBS sports, if the Steelers would have gone on to win the Ravens game, then all hell would have broken loose. He predicted that Tomlin would have faced a suspension for at least the rest of the year and loss of high draft picks for the next couple of years. In a way maybe the Steelers are lucky that Sanders dropped the ball.

Agreed lol. Definitely lucky.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Even if the Steelers had won the game....Loss of high draft picks for the next couple years....lol Come on man does the media just love to feed fuel to the fire....lol So freaking stupid......Steelers are not even going to lose a draft pick.........

LatrobePA
12-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Even if the Steelers had won the game....Loss of high draft picks for the next couple years....lol Come on man does the media just love to feed fuel to the fire....lol So freaking stupid......Steelers are not even going to lose a draft pick.........

Well not until they draft a turd and cut him! lol

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 08:32 PM

I think we'll be ok lol

That is total BS. I heard that being speculated on the Scott Van Pelt show...but in fact it is a Mathamatical Impossibility for a Tie-Breaker to even come down to total points.

ChucktownSteeler
12-04-2013, 08:35 PM
I am not Tomlin nuthugger but I do believe this was an unfortunate mistake by Tomlin, no way did he attempt to cheat.

I am also a HUGE Cowher fan and what he did in '97 was wrong. Game over or not.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-04-2013, 09:17 PM
That is total BS. I heard that being speculated on the Scott Van Pelt show...but in fact it is a Mathamatical Impossibility for a Tie-Breaker to even come down to total points.

The Trollinator strikes again

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 09:53 PM
The Trollinator strikes again

Oh I'm trolling ? Okay Neil, show me in a realistic scenario where it IS possible to come down to point differntial between the Steelers and Ravens. Show that, and I will admit I am wrong.

LatrobePA
12-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Ryan Clark talking again, NFLC. "Sir Roger Goodell" kinda slammed him a bit more. I loved every second of it!!

ChucktownSteeler
12-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Oh I'm trolling ? Okay Neil, show me in a realistic scenario where it IS possible to come down to point differntial between the Steelers and Ravens. Show that, and I will admit I am wrong.

That's not what the ruling said. If the Raven's playoffs are altered by point differnetial (4 points, 6th tie breaker) it could end up resulting in a draft choice pick modification to the Steelers. It could happen, but I think the odds are pretty long against happening.

It has nothing to do with point differnetial between the Steelers and the Ravens.

Big T
12-04-2013, 10:07 PM

Your reading comprehension is impressive.

the sixth tiebreaking procedure to determine a wild card playoff berth is best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Improbable, not impossible.

CoachC
12-04-2013, 10:17 PM
It's ridiculous that people want to fire him! He made a mistake and I agree with some previous posts that what Cowher does was a little bit more over the top. This thing is getting SO overblown it's ridiculous at this point!

questforSB7
12-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Your reading comprehension is impressive.

Improbable, not impossible.

It actually is kinda Impossible. The Ravens will either win it outright...or lose it to us, or maybe Miami outright. But under NO Tie-breaker scenario with the Ravens would it get to the Point differential. I mean lets assume that both the Jets and Titans end up with 9 losses...A definite likelyhood. So forget them. Now, lets say that.....

Miami goes 8-8..Loses to us and New England...beats the Jets and Buffalo.
Baltimore goes 8-8....Loses at Detroit and to New England...beats Minny and Cincy ( Which would be unlikely, but lets say it
did happen )
Steelers go 8-8...Wins all their Homes games against Miami-Cincy and Cleveland..Loses at Green Bay
San Diego goes 8-8...Loses at Denver, and beats the Giants-Oakland and KC at Home.

Now since the Chargers did not play us or the Ravens, the first elimination would be between them and Miami...and since they beat San Diego...Bye-Bye Chargers.

Then it would be a 3-team Tie-Breaker between the Steelers, Ravens and Miami. Since we and Baltimore would have both beat Miami...Bye-Bye Miami.

Then it would come down to Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Now, under my scenario above...Each would have a win against the other...so then it goes to the Division record...under that scenario both would be 4-2...so it would then go to best AFC Conferance record. And under the above scenario...both Pittsburgh and Baltimore would both be 7-5...so on to the next Tie-Breaker, which would be record against common opponents...and it's under THAT scenario that Pittsburgh would win out.
And it would be because of losses to Buffalo, Cleveland and Detroit, where we won all those. So you see, getting to the last Point Differential would never happen.

Now lets say we aren't in the 6th seed playoff cause we lost to Miami. Now if that happens, and Miami goes on to a 9-7 record be also beating the Jets and Bills, but yet Baltimore Indeed goes 8-8, as does San Diego...then it wouldn't matter anyways cause Miami would get the 6th seed outright because of a better record. So you see....that Point Differential is really completely Impossible. So for Media outlets to report that is ridiculous.

coldrolled
12-04-2013, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=Big T;566917]Whoops...

Yeah, but they like Cowher and not Tomlin so it is "different."

Wrong Goodell is a Ravens fan, ever situation with us is blown out of proportion, to help the Ravens..

Cowher had a different commish.

Big T
12-04-2013, 11:23 PM
It's ridiculous that people want to fire him! He made a mistake and I agree with some previous posts that what Cowher does was a little bit more over the top. This thing is getting SO overblown it's ridiculous at this point!

Agreed

HumanPudding
12-05-2013, 02:21 AM
Rabble rabble rabble

Dean Denton
12-05-2013, 03:42 AM
Agreeddouble agree. He's not going anywhere over this. Miss the playoffs this year and he's gotta be on the hot seat next year though. No home play off games in how long? Three years now? Not good, city is losing money on him.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Jason Laconfora is reporting that the Steelers WILL lose a late round draft pick...
looks like the league will set a new precedent

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/08/steelers-will-indeed-lose-a-late-round-pick/

Real Deal Steel
12-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Big T..

I'm calling you out. You called me a drama queen for saying that we would lose draft picks..........well here's the latest you little girl. We ARE losing draft picks according to CBSsports.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24368513/steelers-will-face-draft-pick-compensation-from-mike-tomlin-incident

So I want to see if your man enough to admit your wrong or are you still going to act like the girl you've been acting like and just ingnore that you've been WRONG AGAIN FOR THE 5TH TIME since you and I went head to head.

Just admit your wrong. And stop acting like a woman.

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Wow, well this team better hit the jackpot in this years draft. This will hurt the team for a couple of seasons, even if it is a late round pick.

The better get a DL and a CB in this years draft to be honest. At least a CB. SO what is this years picks looking like

1st
2nd
4th
4th(Wallace)
5th

Real Deal Steel
12-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Wow, well this team better hit the jackpot in this years draft. This will hurt the team for a couple of seasons, even if it is a late round pick.

The better get a DL and a CB in this years draft to be honest. At least a CB. SO what is this years picks looking like

1st
2nd
4th
4th
5th

We are losing late round compensation picks thanks to Tomlin's stunt. here's the link:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24368513/steelers-will-face-draft-pick-compensation-from-mike-tomlin-incident

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 11:46 AM
cI told you ALL....Don't underestimate Goodell. However, this whole thing IS because of Tomlin. This act MAY...and I am dead serious...MAY be the final Nail in Ben's coffin. I mean as it goes to him being traded. We MUST have at LEAST 15-18 draft picks this draft. And as many as we can get in the top-100. But overall ALL our picks are Important. And thanks to Tomlin's Blantant
stupidity...and Roger Goodell's Hatred for the Steelers, we will have at BEST...Maybe 3 to 4 picks in a draft where as I said...15 at LEAST will be needed.

Great Job " Uncle " Tomlin!!

TarlsQtr
12-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Big T..

I'm calling you out. You called me a drama queen for saying that we would lose draft picks..........well here's the latest you little girl. We ARE losing draft picks according to CBSsports.

So I want to see if your man enough to admit your wrong or are you still going to act like the girl you've been acting like and just ingnore that you've been WRONG AGAIN FOR THE 5TH TIME since you and I went head to head.

"Drama Queen"=hijacking every single active thread to breathlessly announce the loss of a late round draft pick (oh, no, we will not get the next David Paulson?).

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 11:59 AM
"Drama Queen"=hijacking every single active thread to breathlessly announce the loss of a late round draft pick (oh, no, we will not get the next David Paulson?).

First off, you are ASSuming that we will ONLY lose a 6th or a 7th rounder. What if we lose the TWO very Obvious 3rd rounders that we WOULD or should have got for the loss of Mike Wallace, and K. Lewis ? Not to mention the 4 other Free agents we lost who are ALL Starters for other teams.

And, if it's JUST a 6th or 7th round pick...well, all that means is we just lost " Tom Brady " " Antonio Brown ", and or
" M. Colston "

Yeah...that's not big at all is it ?

TarlsQtr
12-08-2013, 12:07 PM
The report (if accurate) is very clear that it will be a late rounder.

The big ASSumption is not from me but you counting on the extreme long-shot that we would draft a Brady with the pick and not the next Paulson.

LatrobePA
12-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Hmmmm!

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 12:13 PM
I dont care. I would rather have a 6th or 7th rounder than not. I think a ton of folks forget we need to draft a punter in this draft and there a 2 really really good punters. I don't want to sign any more FA punters. Sorry. So if thats the case, we spend a 5th on a Punter then?

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 12:15 PM
The report (if accurate) is very clear that it will be a late rounder.

The big ASSumption is not from me but you counting on the extreme long-shot that we would draft a Brady with the pick and not the next Paulson.

I hope you're right. I hope if it IS...only one pick, that it is our 7th rounder. But this much I DO know. I KNOW the leagues compensation pick rules. And, according to WHO we lost, and what they signed for, and what WE signed in the off-season....there can be ZERO Arguement that the Steelers at the very very LEAST...Should get a extra 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 2, 6th rounders for all their losses in free agency. Now Tarls...if we end up ONLY getting Comp picks in say round 5 and 7....+ we lose our own original 7th because of this Tomlin mess. Then don't go telling me son that we ONLY lost a single selection.

Cause we ALSO would have been REDUCED 3 Xtra Comp picks as well. So remember that, and IF it turns out that I am right....I wonder how much you will be Lovin' Uncle Tomlin then.

LatrobePA
12-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Good maybe instead of drafting we can dump then shop this offseason!!

NeilPatrickBanana
12-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Big T..

Real Dumb Stupid

Big T
12-08-2013, 01:17 PM
cI told you ALL....Don't underestimate Goodell. However, this whole thing IS because of Tomlin. This act MAY...and I am dead serious...MAY be the final Nail in Ben's coffin. I mean as it goes to him being traded. We MUST have at LEAST 15-18 draft picks this draft. And as many as we can get in the top-100. But overall ALL our picks are Important. And thanks to Tomlin's Blantant
stupidity...and Roger Goodell's Hatred for the Steelers, we will have at BEST...Maybe 3 to 4 picks in a draft where as I said...15 at LEAST will be needed.

Great Job " Uncle " Tomlin!!

Lolololololololol.

And to clarify, I'm laughing at you, not with you. And that last line is only a LITTLE racist. No talking your way out of that one.

Big T
12-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Real Dumb Stupid

It's hilarious. His reading comprehension is about on the same level as quest's. Pretty impressive actually. Let's see what I actually said, shall we? Let's see if I called him a drama queen because we wouldn't lose picks:

You're a drama queen because after the report came out about the possibility of losing a picks, you ran around in every thread crying and whining about how Tomlin has cost this team picks lol. You jumped to the conclusion that it means no matter what, we are getting picks docked and you ran around crying and screaming.

Which one of us was acting like a girl? The one who isn't over reacting to something that completely overblown and understands what the word "possibility" means? Or the one who overreacts, seeing only what (s)he wants to and goes around crying in every thread? So which sounds more like a girl? The one taking a reasonable, "let's wait and see" type of approach before jumping to conclusions? Or the one that needs to be told "calm down" because they're overreacting to pure speculation? Hmmm...

And how did I have nothing to say when the punishment was up in the air? Maybe if you hadn't put me on ignore because I hurt your wittle feewings you'd have noticed that I've had plenty to say.

"Tomlin fined 100k and he costs his multiple picks!!!!! FIRE HIM!!!!! WHAT ELSE DOES HE HAVE TO DO TO GET FIRED?!?!?!?!?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Only 3 or 4 picks in the draft....lol comical just comical.......Nowhere does it say the Steelers were going to lose half their draft picks....lol

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Only 3 or 4 picks in the draft....lol comical just comical.......Nowhere does it say the Steelers were going to lose half their draft picks....lol

But losing 1 pick still does hurt this team a little, even if it is a 6th rounder or 5th. This team is trying to rebuild. It wouldn't be so bad if we had cap space to sign some decent FA players. But, we don't.

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 01:36 PM

How many Comp picks do you think we should get before this Tomlin Incident ? Cause I say it should easily be 4, if not 5 of them. And two of them should easily be a 3rd and a 4th. So if we end up NOT getting a 3rd or a 4th, what other reason could there be then punishment for Tomlin's actions ? Whether the League admits it or not.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2013, 01:36 PM
But losing 1 pick still does hurt this team a little, even if it is a 6th rounder or 5th. This team is trying to rebuild. It wouldn't be so bad if we had cap space to sign some decent FA players. But, we don't.

Who is making the report Jason La Canfora?........Guy is joke and until I see it officially from the NFL I won't have a reaction about losing picks......If the Steelers do lose a pick it will be a 7th round comp pick I bet.....

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Adamn and Mort said today on ESPN the Steelers will lose there position in the 1st round. They will pick after Baltimore, so wherever Baltimore lands, the Steelers will pick behind them.

That's what they are hearing but it is not finalized yet. That makes the loss today even more painful

Big T
12-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Adamn and Mort said today on ESPN the Steelers will lose there position in the 1st round. They will pick after Baltimore, so wherever Baltimore lands, the Steelers will pick behind them.

That's what they are hearing but it is not finalized yet. That makes the loss today even more painful

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I'm not buying it.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Well we will lose a late round draft pick, i swear i hate the NFL anymore

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 06:03 PM

I did not hear that, or can I even find them saying it on-line. But that would be the Kicker wouldn't it ? I mean how can Goodell even do that ? It wasn't like Baltimore was hindered at all...they won! What Tomlin did WAS Egregious, and very very Intentional. And he does deserve punishment. I personally IF I were in Charge in Pittsburgh would have suspended him without pay no matter what Money fine the league gave out. But, if this report is true...and I have to believe that it is not...at least I hope not. You are truly affecting others who had nothing to do with " Uncle " Tomlin and his stupidity!!

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I'm not buying it.

Why?? Them 2 are usually spot on about there reports. I would buy it, and there goes WATKINS TO THE RAVENS

NYCsteelersfan
12-08-2013, 06:06 PM
All the usual know it alls on this forum, specifically the ones who were laughing at others complaining about a draft pick loss should draw a picture of themselves with their mouths stuffed with **** and post it in this thread for all to see.

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 06:11 PM
All the usual know it alls on this forum, specifically the ones who were laughing at others complaining about a draft pick loss should draw a picture of themselves with their mouths stuffed with **** and post it in this thread for all to see.

" KINKY " :DANCE04:

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 06:13 PM

I don't get why some think it's no big issue that we even lose a 7th. You never know what you can get with a 7th. It's still an extra body. Look at what Williams has done this season, might not be the greatest, but he has played well at times also for being a rookie ILB in DL system.

Big T
12-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Why?? Them 2 are usually spot on about there reports. I would buy it, and there goes WATKINS TO THE RAVENS

Because it makes absolutely no sense. None. Taking a late round pick, fine whatever. But punishing the steelers like that and giving the Ravens that kind of benefit is ludicrous. If the Ravens are kept out the the playoffs by less than 4 points due to the whole scoring tie breaker thing, then it would make a little more sense. But doing something THAT extreme, when it had absolutely no impact on the game or the Ravens missing the playoffs, is retarded and makes no f*cking sense at all. None.

steelchamp204
12-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Because it makes absolutely no sense. None. Taking a late round pick, fine whatever. But punishing the steelers like that and giving the Ravens that kind of benefit is ludicrous. If the Ravens are kept out the the playoffs by less than 4 points due to the whole scoring tie breaker thing, then it would make a little more sense. But doing something THAT extreme, when it had absolutely no impact on the game or the Ravens missing the playoffs, is retarded and makes no f*cking sense at all. None.

Like I said, I believe Adam and Mort in there reporting of things. Usually they are right on, or in the ballpark of things. If this happens, it will be BS. But I believe, it is that serious because of the Rooneys failed disciplinary actions for Tomlin. After seeing the replay over and over, it was purpose. He knew he was coming about 10 yards before Jones was where Tomlin was standing.

Just my opinion. But them two guys are almost always right. That's what was say on NFL countdown this morning.

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 06:21 PM

I agree. I just think the Commish is waiting to see whoever is responsible for calculating the awarded Comp picks is gonna give the Steelers...then he will ADJUST and or takeaway from there. But not place us behind wherever Baltimore drafts. I can't even believe the " Patriot " Butt-sniffer Goodell would do that!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Who cares anymore until this team guts the roster of the useless over paid talent, and the loser young player they have on the roster, and our worthless HC, OC, along with LeBeau who should have retired years ago nothing matters.....THIS TEAM JUST SUCKS.....

LevonKirkland99
12-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Who cares anymore until this team guts the roster of the useless over paid talent, and the loser young player they have on the roster, and our worthless HC, OC, along with LeBeau who should have retired years ago nothing matters.....THIS TEAM JUST SUCKS.....

True this team sucks and doesn't know how to win games this year. But I think we can get back to the winning ways by a few tweaks in the off-season. It will be interesting to see what the Rooneys will do. Do they keep things the way the way they are? Put pressure on Tomlin? Let Tomlin figure it out? Make a change in the OC and DC positions?

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 07:27 PM
True this team sucks and doesn't know how to win games this year. But I think we can get back to the winning ways by a few tweaks in the off-season. It will be interesting to see what the Rooneys will do. Do they keep things the way the way they are? Put pressure on Tomlin? Let Tomlin figure it out? Make a change in the OC and DC positions?

I am not as confident as you are. But after what Tomlin said about NOT trusting the defense, and what Ben said...some sh!t has hit the fan for sure.

Dean Denton
12-08-2013, 07:38 PM
I am not as confident as you are. But after what Tomlin said about NOT trusting the defense, and what Ben said...some sh!t has hit the fan for sure.

Was this said today? If that was said then yeah some sh!t will fly. You know, looking at Bens numbers, if this team wasnt so bad I think he'd be a lock for the #2 front runner for MVP. He's playing his a$$ off.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Was this said today? If that was said then yeah some sh!t will fly. You know, looking at Bens numbers, if this team wasnt so bad I think he'd be a lock for the #2 front runner for MVP. He's playing his a$$ off.

Feel bad for him really...Wasting his prime years but some fans still want to dump him and draft a QB......

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Feel bad for him really...Wasting his prime years but some fans still want to dump him and draft a QB......

Big Difference between DUMPING and trading him for needed assets to rebuild. No one, not even Ben is bigger then the WHOLE...which is Pittsburgh.

Clevelandsux
12-08-2013, 08:03 PM
This was a warm weather team that came into our house, in the snow and beat us. And how many times must Ryan Clark be told he cannot lead with the helmet. He almost knocked Ike taylorout.you cannot do this!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Big Difference between DUMPING and trading him for needed assets to rebuild. No one, not even Ben is bigger then the WHOLE...which is Pittsburgh.

You don't trade a franchise QB when you have one.....Its not like its a lock those extra picks will turn into anything especially with how the Steelers have been drafting lately........

Dean Denton
12-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Still you don't dump or trade someone at this level. You're not going to be better without him. No way. The guy has gotten better every year and is prime right now. You pay him and build with him if you want to win.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Still you don't dump or trade someone at this level. You're not going to be better without him. No way. The guy has gotten better every year and is prime right now. You pay him and build with him if you want to win.

This......well said Dean

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 08:20 PM

I understand but you have to understand that IF we are hnadstrung with Cap problems..then how do we rebuild around a QB who will not only need a NEW contract himself, but with a ton of players who CANNOT be restruchered, and with no picks to build with ? I am never gonna say DUMP Ben. But he is NOT Untouchable. No NFL player is.

But my first choice right now is to HOPE for a draft pick at around number 7..then HOPEFULLY trade down 2 times, gain another 2nd and 3rd and 5th rounders. Then draft BPA at a position of need. Then address other key needs with out two 2nd rounders and our 3rd, and whatever " Comp " picks we receive. That is my first choice.

But, if a team comes with a ridiculous offer for Ben...we have to look at it.

Real Deal Steel
12-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Well, we most likely will lose to the Bengals.

And with the way that the Buccaneers and Jaguars are surging, we could move up at least a couple more spots. The Bills play the Jaguars next week so one of those teams is going to catch us for sure.

questforSB7
12-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Well, we most likely will lose to the Bengals.

And with the way that the Buccaneers and Jaguars are surging, we could move up at least a couple more spots. The Bills play the Jaguars next week so one of those teams is going to catch us for sure.

That's true. But I don't trust Tomlin to do the right thing IF we do lose next week. Which would be shutting Ben down. Giving some PT to Jones, as well as other youngsters. Watch Tomlin some how win 2 of the final 3 games to go 7-9, and put us out of the top-12. But, if we do lose all 3, and go 5-11...I place us around the 7 to 8 area.

Dean Denton
12-08-2013, 10:14 PM
So if that's where we end up then we get Ben some help. With the talent on this team and this coaching staff Ben is the only one I trust to win games. Now is not the time to deal Ben. Sh!t, we get rid of him you can scratch the five wins we have this year. His play this year has been amazing, the rest of the team is pretty much the worst I've ever seen in Pitt.

LatrobePA
12-08-2013, 10:48 PM
5-11 here we come...

Real Deal Steel
03-20-2014, 06:02 PM

You first. oH...mods aLready made you a deaf/mute around here.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Big T
03-20-2014, 07:31 PM
You first. oH...mods aLready made you a deaf/mute around here.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Thank god